The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Did Madeleine have ADHD?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Did Madeleine have ADHD?

Post by roz on 21.06.17 16:52

She has a small brown spot on the skin of her left leg as well as sunburn on her right forearm.
Kate McCann in a statement to the Policia Judiciaria 4/5/07
Gerry omits to mention Madeleine’s  ‘sunburn´ when questioned on the same date.
P.M- How was Madeleine during these holidays?
K- She is very intelligent, very sociable and engaging. She loves to talk, she is funny, she has a lot of energy.
G- She is still very active, she loves to organize everything, she is very good in the role-playing. At the day nursery of the hotel, she loved to organize things… For her age, her vocabulary is very good, better than mine! She understands a lot of stuff, she twigs quickly, she is very perspicacious.
Kate and Gerry McCann, Paris Match, September 2007
What struck me here is Gerry’s – ‘She is still very active….’ I immediately thought of the word ‘after’ –After what Gerry? (For example – she is still hungry after eating her dinner). ‘She is still very active’…..after treatment?
We are told Madeleine was ‘lively’, ‘talkative’, prone to ‘tantrums’ and ‘hyperactive’ etc.

Did Madeleine have ADHD?  Was Madeleine on any treatment for ADHD?  Below is some information I found:

One treatment for ADHD in children is Daytrana Transdermal skin patch.
Avoid placing a patch on skin that is oily, irritated, or damaged. Avoid a skin area that will be rubbed by a waistband or tight clothing. (Recommended use is on the hip).

Do not expose a Daytrana skin patch to heat while you are wearing it. Heat can cause the skin patch to release too much medicine at one time.
It can include ‘application site reactions’ such as bleeding, bruising, burn, burning, dermatitis, discharge, discoloration, discomfort, dryness, eczema……..etc. (‘Sunburn’ on her right forearm?).
Overdose symptoms may include sweating, redness in your face, vomiting, shaking, confusion, agitation, hallucinations, and irregular heartbeat, wide pupils (black circles in the middle of the eyes), insomnia, and growth retardation (about half an inch, which doesn’t appear to be permanent).
An overdose of methylphenidate can be fatal.
You should not use Daytrana if you are allergic to methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta, Metadate, and others), or if you have: glaucoma; if you have ever had a skin reaction when using any type of adhesive bandage or transdermal skin patch.
However, use is not recommended in children younger than 6 years. Safety and efficiancy have not been established in this age group. (I imagine any doctor would be struck off immediately if they were found to be using this on any child below 6 years of age. Information on ADHD from Drugs.com and ISMP sites).
Daytrana is a transdermal patch developed and marketed by Noven Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that was approved in April 2006. In the literature, Daytrana is most commonly referred to as methylphenidate transdermal system (MTS) – Wikipedia (Also see Noven website).

I will throw this out there for consideration – and with my apologies if this has been discussed before.
roz

Back to top Go down

Re: Did Madeleine have ADHD?

Post by Verdi on 22.06.17 0:55

@roz wrote:I will throw this out there for consideration.....
Then I strongly recommend that you throw it straight back from whence it came.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Madeleine McCann had Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), I'm at a total loss to understand how you concocted the notion.

"On the left leg she has a small chestnut birthmark"

PJ description of Madeleine released to the press..

DISTINGUISHING MARKS AND CHARACTERISTICS :
Left Eye : Blue and Green colour
Right Eye : Green colour with a Brown spot in Retina
Small brown mark on Left Leg Calf.

https://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MADELINE.htm

Symptoms of ADHD

The symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can be categorised into two types of behavioural problems.

These categories are:

• inattentiveness
  • hyperactivity and impulsiveness

Most people with ADHD have problems that fall into both these categories, but this isn't always the case.
For example, some people with the condition may have problems with inattentiveness, but not with hyperactivity or impulsiveness. This form of ADHD is also known as attention deficit disorder (ADD). ADD can sometimes go unnoticed because the symptoms may be less obvious.

Symptoms in children and teenagers

The symptoms of ADHD in children and teenagers are well defined, and they're usually noticeable before the age of six. They occur in more than one situation, such as at home and at school.

The main signs of each behavioural problem are detailed below.

Inattentiveness

The main signs of inattentiveness are:

• having a short attention span and being easily distracted
  • making careless mistakes  for example, in schoolwork
  • appearing forgetful or losing things
  • being unable to stick at tasks that are tedious or time-consuming
  • appearing to be unable to listen to or carry out instructions
  • constantly changing activity or task
  • having difficulty organising tasks

Hyperactivity and impulsiveness

The main signs of hyperactivity and impulsiveness are:

• being unable to sit still, especially in calm or quiet surroundings
  • constantly fidgeting
  • being unable to concentrate on tasks
  • excessive physical movement
  • excessive talking
  • being unable to wait their turn
  • acting without thinking
  • interrupting conversations
  • little or no sense of danger

These symptoms can cause significant problems in a child's life, such as underachievement at school, poor social interaction with other children and adults, and problems with discipline.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Where is your evidence?

Hypothetically speaking - if Madeleine had ADHD and met her demise as a result of an allergic reaction to treatment or an accident due to hyperactivity, why would the parents and their group of friends need to cover it up?

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by roz on 22.06.17 9:05

Verdi - I was going by these descriptions for instance:
Gerry and Kate McCann, Daily Express 26/5/07
Mr McCann smiled as he described Madeleine’s personality saying that she was a “ringleader” and had enjoyed her holiday tiring her parents out with a game in which she would shout “Be a monster, be a monster”.
Mrs McCann said, smiling: “She likes talking, she really likes role play.”
Mr McCann joined in saying: “She’s very good at that actually for someone so young, she really can talk...considering that she was not even four.
“She likes activity and sport, she’s very active, even at home when we are going for a jog she says ’Can I come jogging with you mummy’?”
The couple looked relaxed as they spoke about Madeleine’s love of swimming, going swimming on Saturdays and of her favourite television programme - Dr Who as well as films such as Shrek and Finding Nemo.

ITN interview, 25/5/07
GM:  Yeah, she's loud and she's a real extrovert and, errr... for one so young, errm... she can express herself so well and, you know, she tends to be the ringleader with the younger kids and, errm...

RO’B - “Yeah, well I can’t, I can’t confess to knowing Madeleine well I mean that’s fair enough, we didn’t, we saw her intermittently, birthdays, barbeques, but she was a, on the occasions I’ve met her she was happy, bubbly, err relatively headstrong on previous meetings actually she seemed to have mellowed a little bit when we went on holiday, you know a girl, you know a little girl full of, full of life, full of beans,……’

First Post, quoting Correio de Manha 14/9/07
Kate McCann complains frequently that her children are "hysterical" and says that Madeleine is a hyperactive child who tires her out to the point of despair.

It suggests to me the possibility of ADHD. We do not know that she did not have ADHD.  Access was never gained to Madeleine’s medical records.

HELPGUIDE.ORG:  Because we expect very young children to be easily distractible and hyperactive, it’s the impulsive behaviors—the dangerous climb, the blurted insult—that often stand out in preschoolers with ADHD.

Keep in mind, too, that ADHD has nothing to do with intelligence or talent. Many children with ADHD are intellectually or artistically gifted.

Enthusiasm and spontaneity – Children with ADHD are rarely boring! They’re interested in a lot of different things and have lively personalities. In short, if they’re not exasperating you (and sometimes even when they are), they’re a lot of fun to be with.
Children with ADHD need structure, consistency, clear communication, and rewards and consequences for their behavior.

I wonder what could have caused Madeleine to have ‘mellowed a little bit’ - RO’B
I also wonder what could have caused that ‘sunburn’ on Madeleine’s arm.

She has a small brown spot on the skin of her left leg as well as sunburn on her right forearm. - Kate 4.5.07

To add : If, hypothetically speaking Madeleine had ADHD, and hypothetically Gerry was treating the condition himself, and Kate knew, then after ‘something bad’ had possibly happened, as doctors they would find themselves in a very perilous position.
roz

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookers on 22.06.17 11:43

One of the main side effects of Ritalin (methylphenidate) is insomnia.  So if the child was being treated (unofficially) it might explain the sleep charts that were kept?
Brookers

Back to top Go down

Post by roz on 22.06.17 13:51

Kytja K. S. Voeller, MD – Medscape
Given the high degree of comorbidity between ADHD and learning disorders, a child should be carefully evaluated for a learning disorder, and treatment should be put in motion for remediating the learning disorder.

Trish Cameron in a statement to the Leicestershire police, April 2008
The children have a good routine, to which they have been accustomed since birth. The twins go to the crèche two mornings per week and Madeleine would go to reading lessons as preparation for school."

Janet Fife-Yeomans, The Daily Telegraph December 14, 2014 –

THE number of children aged between two and six being prescribed powerful stimulant drugs like Ritalin for ADHD has skyrocketed by more than 320 per cent since 2007.
roz

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 22.06.17 14:04

@roz wrote:Verdi - I was going by these descriptions for instance:
A random selection of press reports doesn't amount to evidence, nor does the opinion of someone who who didn't know Madeleine very well.  A parental bias towards their own child/ren is only to be expected, they all think their child/ren are 'the best of everything'.

Maybe Madeleine did have ADHD, maybe she didn't - maybe she had any one of a thousand other medical conditions, maybe she didn't.  Maybe she was just a normal healthy laughing, chattering fun loving child - it's not a rarity.  There have been so many reported opinions on Madeleine's general disposition, unless you know child well by regularly coming into close contact, it's not possible to say beyond doubt that a child behaves in a particular way - an incident could be a momentary tantrum, or over excitement about something particular.  You can't deduce a child's personality by a brief encounter - you can only say what you see at any given time.

Jon Corner - close friend of Gerry and Kate McCann

"So beautiful, astonishingly bright, and I’d have to say very charismatic. She would shine out of a crowd. So—God forgive me—maybe that’s part of the problem. That special quality. Some ******* picked up on that."  [shudder]

David Payne - close friend of Gerry and Kate McCann

You know I, you know I did know the children very well, we'd all you know, met up many times before err you know I, you know again I'd be playing with Madeleine you know in the, err the play area err you know during that week, you know lifting her up, twizzing her round and everything, I knew her that well, you know, to do that, and as I say err she'd definitely know who I was and certainly, as I say, just to reinforce that she looked very happy.'

"Mm, err Madeleine's err a very striking err beautiful child, I'd almost if I want a better phrase call her doll-like, you know she was very, you know I think, you know very unique looking child err, she'd got very pretty, you know blonde hair err in a bob, she was quite a petite err child and you know she was very bubbly, very err you know she was a very good child to, to interact with. She was very bright, you could have a lot of fun with Madeleine...."

"....she was certainly a happy go lucky child you know she was, she would interact with the other children very well, as I said on the other, earlier recording, you know she played very happily with Lily and you know indeed the other children. She was, you know, very, she is a very beautiful child and good fun."  [shudder]

Gerry McCann - Crimewatch 2013 interview

"She came out screaming - she was a McCann there's no doubt about that, she was loud... she came out almost perfectly formed, she was instantly beautiful.."

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by roz on 22.06.17 15:24

Thanks Brookers – I found a quotation referring to that sleep chart you mentioned;

These days it was rare for Madeleine to wake up at all once she was in bed. If she did, she’d normally wander into her parents’ bed, whether they were there or not. At home in Rothley, sometime earlier, they had begun a star chart for Madeleine staying in her own bed. The chart, still on display in the kitchen, was full of stars.
David James Smith, Timesonline 16 December 2007

It didn’t say it was for sleeping all night – just that the star was for staying in her own bed.
roz

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 22.06.17 16:34

You need to put that brief comment into perspective by reading the entire Times online article from 16th December 2007, authored by an apparant McCann sycophant.

The article can be found here, I've snipped the brief introduction to explain how the journalist David James Smith came to be involved, together with  the relevant comment where it can be clearly seen that it was slipped in with no relevance to the subject matter..

For six months David James Smith has examined the evidence surrounding the disappearance of Madeleine McCann for The Sunday Times Magazine. In this, the most comprehensive — and authoritative — investigation yet, he addresses the key issues facing Gerry and Kate as they prepare for Christmas without their daughter

That week in Praia da Luz, the week the McCanns were made suspects in their own daughter's "death", I was out there talking to them and to family and friends. I was at the home of the Anglican vicar Haynes Hubbard, sitting with him and his wife, Susan, while their own three children pottered around us. The Hubbards had flown in from Canada three days after Madeleine’s disappearance to begin Haynes’s tour of duty as the vicar of Praia da Luz. They had heard about Madeleine for the first time while changing planes at Lisbon airport, in a slightly unnerving encounter with an elderly Portuguese woman who had seized Susan’s arm and told her to "hold on" to the baby she was carrying, as a child had been taken.

The Hubbards had spent their first days at the resort fearing for their own children's safety. Gradually they became friends with the McCanns, particularly Susan and Kate, drawn together at first perhaps by the McCanns' need to find some comfort in religion. But mostly in Portugal the McCanns were enveloped by family and friends from the UK.

The McCanns were flying home that Sunday and had been to a farewell dinner that week at the Hubbards'....

----------

Gerry was in his apartment at 7pm, had a glass of water, then a beer, while the children sat with Kate on the couch having stories with a snack. The children were clearly shattered – the last thing any of them needed was a sedative and, anyway, it was not something the McCanns ever did. They put them to bed after a last story. The twins were asleep virtually the moment they lay down, Madeleine not far behind them.

These days it was rare for Madeleine to wake up at all once she was in bed. If she did, she’d normally wander into her parents’ bed, whether they were there or not. At home in Rothley, sometime earlier, they had begun a star chart for Madeleine staying in her own bed. The chart, still on display in the kitchen, was full of stars. At about 7.30pm, Kate and Gerry showered and changed and sat down to have a quiet glass of the sauvignon blanc. They were first to the table at the restaurant at 8.35 and spent some minutes talking to a couple from Hertfordshire – two more tennis players – at the next table, who were eating with their young children. As they chatted, Gerry thought how lucky he was, his children asleep nearby, he and Kate free to come and enjoy some adult time at the restaurant and not have to sit with their children, as this couple were.

The McCanns sat down after a few minutes and then ordered some wine. The Oldfields were next to arrive, then Russell O’Brien and Jane Tanner and, finally, always last, Dave and Fiona Payne with Dianne Webster.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/9dec7/TIMES_16_12_07.htm

This is the much talked of sleep chart, said above to be full of stars, as featured @09:25 minutes during the Oprah Winfrey show (again conveniently and irrelevantly slipped in before Kate McCanns 'Madeleine's art' collection..

Go figure!

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP on 22.06.17 17:18

Gerry thought how lucky he was, his children asleep nearby (well, when he says nearby, he means within the bounds of reasonable parenting, as the man in a panama hat assured him it was), he and Kate free to come and enjoy some adult time at the restaurant and not have to sit with their children.... Just ended up sitting next to someone else's children?

The sleep chart proves that Madeleine didn't leave her bed, she had stars to say so, and they are not made up bullsh*t stars either, they're real stars! So therefore, she was in her bed when the Bungling Burglar Bloke snatched her! The star sheet proves it beyond doubt.

Well, when I say beyond doubt

JRP

Back to top Go down

Post by roz on 22.06.17 17:29

I get the point being made regarding the ‘sleep-chart’ (although this was apparently at their house in Rothley). I do find it very strange though that a 3-4 year old goes to ‘reading lessons as preparation for school’. (Trish Cameron)

Is this normal?
roz

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP on 22.06.17 17:32

Not in my scope of knowledge, I thought school taught us how to read, that's kinda what schools do. But then, she did have a sleep chart to read.

JRP

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer on 22.06.17 19:35

Most " reasonable parenting " parents as far as I'm aware spend time with their children , reading and introducing them to letters and numbers . Never heard of sending them to " reading lessons " .

Then most " reasonable parenting " parents having put their children in the Crèche all day whilst they had " adult time " playing tennis , jogging etc would be happy to spend some time with the children eating together and finding out what a wonderful time they'd had especially as they were on holiday .

Wouldn't they ? 

Surely that is well within the bounds of "reasonable/responsible  parenting "

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP on 22.06.17 21:05

Kids aren't Kids for long, time goes by so fast, and those first 10 years see such dramatic changes. I/We weren't perfect parents by any means, but they are years to savour, you can't go back and do them again.
We had quite a few foreign holidays in the 1980's and into the 90's with friends who had kids of a similar age to ours. Our first trips were t Spain and our two were 3 and 6. We didn't use the hotel creche, we took the kids wherever we went, and for evening meals in the resort towns.
They loved it, we gave them shoulder rides home, little things which mean nothing at the time but memories which somehow linger for a life time.

Our adult time, whatever that was, came after they were too old to want to go on holiday with us, in their late teens. It wasn't cool to go on holiday with the Rents any more. 

That's why this crew baffle me.

JRP

Back to top Go down

Post by Brookers on 22.06.17 21:13

Professional 30 plus somethings who have 3 very young children and find parenthood is not like the glossy happy adverts on TV. They will have been so used to being selfish only considering their own needs. Now three kids later wanting 'me' time instead of family time. Anyone who has been on holiday with kids know it is harder work than being at home. I suspect Gerry knew how hard it was going to be when he was video'd swearing on the transport at the start of the holidays just my opinion of course
Brookers

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 22.06.17 22:09

@Brookers wrote:  I suspect Gerry knew how hard it was going to be when he was video'd swearing on the transport at the start of the holidays just my opinion of course
Sure, it must have been quite a slog dumping the kids at the creche everyday and leaving them alone every night to fend for themselves.

They knew before the holiday the Mark Warner childcare facilities on offer - they knew before the holiday exactly how they intended to 'care' for their collective children.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

.... After a quick wash, we returned to the Millennium restaurant, where we joined our friends for breakfast, and then took the children to their kids’ clubs. While our three were having fun elsewhere with their buddies, there would be a rare chance for Gerry and me to spend time together playing tennis, going for a run or just relaxing. It seemed to us an ideal way for everyone to get the most out of the holiday.

We wanted to balance these activities with enjoying our break as a family, and we made it clear to Madeleine that she didn’t have to go to the club if she didn’t feel like it. We wouldn’t have minded if she’d asked to stay with us as we loved her company, but she was far less concerned about being apart from Gerry and me than the other way round. The main thing was that everyone was happy ....

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 22.06.17 22:11

@JRP wrote:Gerry thought how lucky he was, his children asleep nearby (well, when he says nearby, he means within the bounds of reasonable parenting, as the man in a panama hat assured him it was), he and Kate free to come and enjoy some adult time at the restaurant and not have to sit with their children.... Just ended up sitting next to someone else's children?

The sleep chart proves that Madeleine didn't leave her bed, she had stars to say so, and they are not made up bullsh*t stars either, they're real stars! So therefore, she was in her bed when the Bungling Burglar Bloke snatched her! The star sheet proves it beyond doubt.

Well, when I say beyond doubt
In a galaxy far far away....

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer on 22.06.17 22:17

Regarding Maddie having ADHD , we are told by family members " she was a screamer " 

" She could throw a tantrum " . Kate tells us in the book , that Maddie had colic and cried constantly and had to be carried round .

As her medical records were denied to the PJ we have only her word for that I don't recall any of the family mentioning it ? 

When the twins were born we are told again by Kate she ran around screaming demanding attention .Now that to me is not unusual when a new baby appears , in this case two new babies ! That's a lot for a little one to cope with .

In reality we know very little about what Maddie was really like .

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 23.06.17 0:01

@JRP wrote:But then, she did have a sleep chart to read.
.... and Harry Potter!

Then 'n again - Patricia Cameron is Gerry McCann's sister so her testimony needs to be viewed with extreme caution.  Perhaps she is referring to Madeleine's bedtime story reading smilie  or a girly night in with mummy and cake and pop and a Doctor Who video?

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 23.06.17 1:12

Patricia Cameron rogatory interview - 15th April 2008   [requested by the McCanns for interview during the rogatory process]..

Madeleine was a normal girl, she loved being Sean and Amelies older sister. Being the first daughter and due to the difficulties in conceiving her, she was very pampered by her parents. Madeleine is happy, very sure of herself, friendly, open and serene. Madeleine is much loved and desired by the whole family.

Madeleine began to play tennis, she had lessons in Syston. She was also learning to swim ? in fact she is a very good swimmer. Before she disappeared she was keen to start school. She a very intelligent little girl who loved to read books, who loved participating in activities with the family and who was learning to play cards.

Madeleine would never have gone off with anyone, she was not the kind of girl to disappear.

Madeleine generally slept well at night, although before the birth of the twins she used to get up and go to Kate and Gerrys bed. This situation led to a bonus point system being established if she stayed in her bed all night, although sometimes the twins would go to their parents? bedroom. The children would generally go to their parents bed because they were thirsty or wanted one of the parents, normally Kate. The children have a good routine, to which they have been accustomed since birth. The twins go to the creche two mornings per week and Madeleine would go to reading lessons as preparation for school.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PATRICIA_CAMERON.htm

So the twins would climb out of their cots and also find their way to the parents bed when craving attention?  Pull the other one!

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by roz on 23.06.17 6:47

It is an easier process to dismiss what has been said - it is a harder process to try and make sense of it all.
roz

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on 23.06.17 11:05

One wonders about Auntie Tricia's sanity! Before the twins birth Madeleine would get up and go to Kate and Gerry's bed. The twins were born in Feb and Madeleine turned 2 the following May yet, she too, was clambering out of her cot to seek her parents' bed. And as for a three year old going to reading preparation classes - what is this woman on?  titter
Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 23.06.17 14:00

Patricia Cameron was called upon to bear witness to the traumatic effect Goncalo Amaral's book and documentary had on Gerry and Kate McCann, during the Lisbon court McCann v. Amaral trial in October 2013 (that date again!).

This is plucked from the trial transcript ..

The Judge asks how frequently she speaks with her brother and sister in law and whether she meets them sometimes.

TC says she calls them on the phone and sends SMS as well as visiting them in Rothley. But when something important occurs such as this trial she is in daily contact with them.

The Judge asks what the distance is from her home to that of the McCanns in Rothley.

TC says it’s about 330 miles.

The Judge asks whether TC feels free to tell the truth, in spite of her relationship with the McCanns.

TC answers "yes".

The Judge asks whether TC can swear by her honour.

TC swears.
----------

ID – Was their despair related to the information that was coming from Portugal?

TC says they were vilified. If the book tells lies, how will people help them?

ID – Did they stop socialising after the book was published and why?

TC says they have resumed a social life only a year ago or so, but adds that they don't go out much. They feel better when they are in friend’s homes.

ID – Were they despised by friends?

TC says "no", but when some of the locals in Portugal screamed at them, they were advised to take security measures.

ID – Do you have something more to say about the effect of the book and the documentary?

TC speaks of the internet, the fact that the files are public and very easy to access even by children.

ID – What relationship do you have with the children (the twins)?

TC says they get along very well with them, they have a very close relationship.

ID – When did the twins go to school for the first time?

TC – It was in August when they were 5 years old.

ID – Do they read and write easily?

TC answers "yes".

ID – Do they know of the book and its conclusions?

TC says that some pupils mentioned it at school. Last week Amelie told that somebody had spoken about it at school.

ID – Have you heard her say this?

TC says "no".

ID – What about Sean?

TC says she doesn’t know.

ID – What did Amelie say?

TC – People were speaking about her.

ID – Was she more specific?

TC – No, and Kate tried to minimize this. She says that in the past Sean asked his father, "Are you famous?", because a friend told him he had seen his father on TV. Gerry said he wasn't famous, that all this was because of Madeleine.

ID – Do the children have access to the internet at school?

TC says "yes", but she thinks it is monitored and controlled.

ID asks whether the attention of the media increased or decreased after the publication of the book and the documentary.

TC says it increased.

ID – How do you know?

TC explains that her husband collaborated in the (Madeleine Fund) website. There was much more activity on-line.

ID – And in the media, did they talk of the book?

TC Not so much. But they (the McCanns) received information from Portugal according to which the matter was very much talked about.

ID – Can you name the people who said so?

TC names Susan Hubbard, but says she doesn't know the others.
---------

The Judge – A senhora pode ir à sua vida = The lady may go back to her life

TC says she wishes to say something. She states that Kate studied the PJ files and the process and said it was very different from what is in the book.

SO protests and ID even more.

The Judge overrules saying that it falls to the Court to compare the book and the investigation process and she does not need the intervention of the witness to do so.

Evidence ends

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Patricia_Cameron_02_10_2013.htm
----------

Tis no wonder Snr Amaral was victorious!  It appears Mrs Cameron doesn't know much about the McCanns family life at all - force fed maybe?

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnyT on 23.06.17 22:58

@Verdi wrote:Patricia Cameron rogatory interview - 15th April 2008   [requested by the McCanns for interview during the rogatory process]..

Madeleine was a normal girl, she loved being Sean and Amelies older sister. Being the first daughter and due to the difficulties in conceiving her, she was very pampered by her parents. Madeleine is happy, very sure of herself, friendly, open and serene. Madeleine is much loved and desired by the whole family.

Madeleine began to play tennis, she had lessons in Syston. She was also learning to swim ? in fact she is a very good swimmer. Before she disappeared she was keen to start school. She a very intelligent little girl who loved to read books, who loved participating in activities with the family and who was learning to play cards.

Madeleine would never have gone off with anyone, she was not the kind of girl to disappear.

Madeleine generally slept well at night, although before the birth of the twins she used to get up and go to Kate and Gerrys bed. This situation led to a bonus point system being established if she stayed in her bed all night, although sometimes the twins would go to their parents? bedroom. The children would generally go to their parents bed because they were thirsty or wanted one of the parents, normally Kate. The children have a good routine, to which they have been accustomed since birth. The twins go to the creche two mornings per week and Madeleine would go to reading lessons as preparation for school.

So the twins would climb out of their cots and also find their way to the parents bed when craving attention?  Pull the other one!
........reads  like an obituary......
JohnyT

JohnyT

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 24.06.17 13:16

''
Madeleine would never have gone off with anyone, she was not the kind of girl to disappear.''

huh
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 24.06.17 19:56

@Verdi wrote:Patricia Cameron rogatory interview - 15th April 2008   [requested by the McCanns for interview during the rogatory process]..

A child is learning how to swim and yet in the same breath is a very good swimmer? It doesn't make sense.

As for tennis, an almost four year old child taking tennis lessons? Reading lessons? It doesn't make sense.

When my son was that age he went mornings to nursery and just wanted to play with all the other kids. He was three years old and was treated like a three year old.

Are we left to ponder on whether Madeleine was left with various people/coaches who were teaching her to read/swim and play tennis?

I don't like the sound of that at all.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum