The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Quotes in the past tense

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quotes in the past tense

Post by Guest on 22.09.10 11:46

I thought it might be interesting if we could list as many quotes as we can find, where people talk about Madeleine in the past tense. My mom died 4 months ago, and yet when I still talk about her I speak as if she's still here, I cannot comprehend she has died. So why would anyone talk about Madeleine in the past tense, if they presumed she was still alive.

I'll start with this shocking one from the ticker at the top of the page (brilliant idea Jill )

Jon Corner: "Maddie was so beautiful, astonishingly bright, and I’d have to say very charismatic. She would shine out of a crowd. So—God forgive me—maybe that’s part of the problem. That special quality. Some bastard picked up on that.”...

Back to top Go down

Re: Quotes in the past tense

Post by kangdang on 22.09.10 12:23

The use of past and present tense is complex, particularly in the case of missing persons as one can never be certain whether the missing person is deceased or not. Typically, loved ones will refer to the missing in present tense in early days, as time elapses and hope fades this will alter - changes are usually noticeable around the 6-month stage, here one will often see a cross over of tenses. As the passage of time progresses further still, it becomes incredibly hard to refer to the missing in present tense, as one would only hold memories of them in past life - There will be an absence of new knowledge, shared experiences etc… of which to draw upon.

If one were to work on this premise only quotes from the early days (within 6 months of Madeleine’s disappearance) would be deemed of any value. Having said that as time has progressed the McCanns have increasingly spoken of Madeleine in present tense. Of course, this may be due to them wanting to maintain focus that the child is alive, to demonstrate that they have hope and that they (the public) should too.

It is my belief that the McCanns have been tutored on this matter.

ETA (for the 5th time, spellings!) a link to a decent introductory article for those interested in statement analysis http://www.crimeandclues.com/index.php/testimonial-evidence/47-statement-analysis/81-statement-analysis-what-do-suspects-words-really-reveal

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.
kangdang

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.09.10 12:36

[quote kangdang]

If one were to work on this premise only quotes from the early days (within 6 months of Madeleine’s disappearance) would be deemed of any value. Having said that as time has progressed the McCanns have increasingly spoken of Madeleine in present tense

This is my point, sorry I didn't make myself clear, I was referring to eary quotes, and yes you are right they seem to be the other way around, talking about Madeleine in the past tense and then increasingly in the present as time went on.

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 22.09.10 12:39

candyfloss wrote:[quote kangdang]

If one were to work on this premise only quotes from the early days (within 6 months of Madeleine’s disappearance) would be deemed of any value. Having said that as time has progressed the McCanns have increasingly spoken of Madeleine in present tense

This is my point, sorry I didn't make myself clear, I was referring to eary quotes, and yes you are right they seem to be the other way around, talking about Madeleine in the past tense and then increasingly in the present as time went on.

Ah ok, thanks Candyfloss and apologies.

It might be a good idea to post dates of quotes.

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.
kangdang

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.09.10 13:00

kangdang wrote:

No apology necessary kangdang, sometimes I just don't say what I mean, if you know what I mean big grin

Yes, a very good idea to date the quotes..........Jill when was that quote of Jon Corners' on the ticker any idea, I will search around, but you may find it quicker than me as you have it to hand hopefully thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy on 22.09.10 14:47

candyfloss wrote:
kangdang wrote:

No apology necessary kangdang, sometimes I just don't say what I mean, if you know what I mean big grin

Yes, a very good idea to date the quotes..........Jill when was that quote of Jon Corners' on the ticker any idea, I will search around, but you may find it quicker than me as you have it to hand hopefully thumbsup

It was from the Vanity fair articile.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/02/mccanns200802?currentPage=5

Also you will find one of Gerry's quotes as well on the same page.

Gerry understood that. But, he says, the iris “is Madeleine’s only true distinctive feature. Certainly we thought it was possible that this could potentially hurt her or”—he grimaces—“her abductor might do something to her eye.… But in terms of marketing, it was a good ploy.” Evil or Very Mad
Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.09.10 14:59

Thanks Quincy thumbsup

Jan 10th 2008 - first page of article... http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/02/mccanns200802

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 22.09.10 15:43

@ Kangdang
It is my belief that the McCanns have been tutored on this matter.

thumbsup thumbsup

That, plus reading blog /forum.

aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by One on 05.08.12 22:47

It's a great question, Candyfloss I was thinking of it earlier because I was thinking of JT and her sighting again.

To me the holding position makes no sense even if it's a male abductor who doesn't know the child. He'd hold the child close to his chest for speed and also to muffle any sounds if the child woke up. I purport that JT subconsciously describes a badly injured or dead body.

I was reading through the rogs and each witness description of Madeleine. They all describe Madeleine in the past. With 2 exceptions, FP doesn't seem to have been asked the question and MO doesn't use a tense at all. And with the exception of DW the question was asked in the present tense.

I just wonder how SY and team McCann could overlook such a huge detail. There is no evidence blah blah. But witness testimony is evidence after all.
One

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 06.08.12 2:28

jane tanner reveals all here...'I'.........

jd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.08.12 6:27

jd wrote:jane tanner reveals all here...'I'.........

This vid amaze me every time I see it. How revealing ... I was.. Big slip up ...

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 06.08.12 7:16

One wrote:It's a great question, Candyfloss I was thinking of it earlier because I was thinking of JT and her sighting again.

To me the holding position makes no sense even if it's a male abductor who doesn't know the child. He'd hold the child close to his chest for speed and also to muffle any sounds if the child woke up. I purport that JT subconsciously describes a badly injured or dead body.

I was reading through the rogs and each witness description of Madeleine. They all describe Madeleine in the past. With 2 exceptions, FP doesn't seem to have been asked the question and MO doesn't use a tense at all. And with the exception of DW the question was asked in the present tense.

I just wonder how SY and team McCann could overlook such a huge detail. There is no evidence blah blah. But witness testimony is evidence after all.

I believe JT came up with that description because it is the way one carries a dead body, not a live one. Imo she had seen someone or even helped to carry such a body earlier that week.
Look at the timeline for January 08 I believe, the clothes that were found in a bag included a pair of jeans and a fleece. JT is telling us quite unnecessarily that she had to borrow ROBs fleece and she didn't bring jeans on the holiday, I hope you got that? No fleece no jeans were brought on the holiday by JT.

It's worth asking friends to demonstrate how they would carry a lifeless body - in films I've seen much the same and I think I would do so too.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 06.08.12 7:32

Copied from Forensic Linguistics:

russiandoll on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Dr David Payne reply: "Mm, err Madeleine’s err a very
striking err beautiful child, I’d almost if I want a better phrase call
her doll-like, you know she was very, you know I think, you know very
unique looking child err, she’d got very pretty, you know blonde hair
err in a bob, she was quite a petite err child and you know she was very
bubbly, very err you know she was a very good child to, to interact
with. She was very bright, you could have a lot of fun with Madeleine
err and you know she, she was, you know Kate and Gerry’s, you know pride
and joy. They’d had a lot of trouble conceiving, you know with IVF and
everything and you know Madeleine was their miracle. She was obviously
very unique with the fact that she’d got the, you know the iris defect
err but you know she was certainly a happy go lucky child you know she
was, she would
interact with the other children very well, as I said on
the other, earlier recording, you know she played very happily with Lily
and you know indeed the other children. She was, you know, very, she is
a very beautiful child and good fun.

imo the reply should have read something along the following lines for it not to have raised a gigantic red flag: the errs and you knows alone are remarkable for their number even allowing for the stress of the situation. A person might not be present, around, might not have been for some time...but not to use the present tense in these circumstances is bizarre in the extreme. If you are speaking about a relation who lives on the other side of the world whom you have not seen for 20 years.....you discuss him in the present tense, only using the past tense if referring to his/ her past.

Dr

David Payne reply: Madeleine’s a striking child, unique looking due to
her iris defect, blonde hair in a bob, quite petite. She
is very bright, Kate and Gerry’s pride and joy, a happy go lucky child, she plays very happily with Lily and the other children.

note the rapid switch from 1 verb in the present to the majority in
the past tense then a sudden reversion back to the present to end his
reply. [highlighted].
Could someone kindly refresh my memory as to
how long after the disappearance this reply came? Payne at this stage
seems to have little doubt she existed in the past and is no longer with
us.

Dr David Payne reply: "Mm, err Madeleine’s err a very striking err
beautiful child, I’d almost if I want a better phrase call her
doll-like, you know she was very, you know I think, you know very unique
looking child err, she’d got very pretty, you know blonde hair err in a
bob, she was quite a petite err child and you know she was very bubbly,
very err you know she was a very good child to, to interact with. She
was very bright, you could have a lot of fun with Madeleine err and you
know she, she was, you know Kate and Gerry’s, you know pride and joy.
They’d had a lot of trouble conceiving, you know with IVF and everything
and you know Madeleine was their miracle. She was obviously very unique
with the fact that she’d got the, you know the iris defect err but you
know she was certainly a happy go lucky child you know she was, she
would interact with the other children very well, as I said on the
other, earlier recording, you know she played very happily with Lily and
you know indeed the other children. She was, you know, very, she is a
very beautiful child and good fun.”

Unquote Russiandoll

As you can see, (RD had highlighted the 'was' and 'is' in the text - it didn't transfer) the tenses are all over the place and it's the past tense that's being corrected to the present tense, not the other way round.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 06.08.12 7:42

tigger wrote:Copied from Forensic Linguistics:

russiandoll on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Dr David Payne reply: "Mm, err Madeleine’s err a very
striking err beautiful child, I’d almost if I want a better phrase call
her doll-like, you know she was very, you know I think, you know very
unique looking child err, she’d got very pretty, you know blonde hair
err in a bob, she was quite a petite err child and you know she was very
bubbly, very err you know she was a very good child to, to interact
with. She was very bright, you could have a lot of fun with Madeleine
err and you know she, she was, you know Kate and Gerry’s, you know pride
and joy. They’d had a lot of trouble conceiving, you know with IVF and
everything and you know Madeleine was their miracle. She was obviously
very unique with the fact that she’d got the, you know the iris defect
err but you know she was certainly a happy go lucky child you know she
was, she would
interact with the other children very well, as I said on
the other, earlier recording, you know she played very happily with Lily
and you know indeed the other children. She was, you know, very, she is
a very beautiful child and good fun.

imo the reply should have read something along the following lines for it not to have raised a gigantic red flag: the errs and you knows alone are remarkable for their number even allowing for the stress of the situation. A person might not be present, around, might not have been for some time...but not to use the present tense in these circumstances is bizarre in the extreme. If you are speaking about a relation who lives on the other side of the world whom you have not seen for 20 years.....you discuss him in the present tense, only using the past tense if referring to his/ her past.

Dr

David Payne reply: Madeleine’s a striking child, unique looking due to
her iris defect, blonde hair in a bob, quite petite. She
is very bright, Kate and Gerry’s pride and joy, a happy go lucky child, she plays very happily with Lily and the other children.

note the rapid switch from 1 verb in the present to the majority in
the past tense then a sudden reversion back to the present to end his
reply. [highlighted].
Could someone kindly refresh my memory as to
how long after the disappearance this reply came? Payne at this stage
seems to have little doubt she existed in the past and is no longer with
us.

Dr David Payne reply: "Mm, err Madeleine’s err a very striking err
beautiful child, I’d almost if I want a better phrase call her
doll-like, you know she was very, you know I think, you know very unique
looking child err, she’d got very pretty, you know blonde hair err in a
bob, she was quite a petite err child and you know she was very bubbly,
very err you know she was a very good child to, to interact with. She
was very bright, you could have a lot of fun with Madeleine err and you
know she, she was, you know Kate and Gerry’s, you know pride and joy.
They’d had a lot of trouble conceiving, you know with IVF and everything
and you know Madeleine was their miracle. She was obviously very unique
with the fact that she’d got the, you know the iris defect err but you
know she was certainly a happy go lucky child you know she was, she
would interact with the other children very well, as I said on the
other, earlier recording, you know she played very happily with Lily and
you know indeed the other children. She was, you know, very, she is a
very beautiful child and good fun.”

Unquote Russiandoll

As you can see, (RD had highlighted the 'was' and 'is' in the text - it didn't transfer) the tenses are all over the place and it's the past tense that's being corrected to the present tense, not the other way round.

Does anyone have the 'question' to which the above answer in the 'past tense' has been given.

It will be even more valid if the question was asked in the 'present tense' and if DP started off in the present tense, slipped into the past tense because of something that he might know otherwise, and then hurried back to the present tense because that was where the question started.

bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 06.08.12 7:57

It sounds like the rogatory to me. so that would be April 08. Sorry about the lack of reference.

Found it! 3rd part of the rogatory (it's very long).

1485 ”Okay. I’d like you to describe Madeleine to me. What sort of a child she is and you know how you see her.”

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 06.08.12 8:20

tigger wrote:It sounds like the rogatory to me. so that would be April 08. Sorry about the lack of reference.

Found it! 3rd part of the rogatory (it's very long).

1485 ”Okay. I’d like you to describe Madeleine to me. What sort of a child she is and you know how you see her.”

Thanks tigger, that's very interesting.
So, in April 2008, almost one year after the 'disappearance', DP is asked a question in the present tense.
He goes into over-ride and expresses Madeleine in the past tense. He jerks himself back into the present tense to 're-meet' the original question.

Not strictly relevant to this thread and its tenses, but I am very concerned at the focus of his answer on her beauty, uniqueness, loads of fun, easy to get on with, blond hair, but above all, the description of a 'bob' haircut.
What man would normally know what a 'bob' haircut was ! Furthermore, in the pictures of Madeleine on the bus, in the playground, on the tennis court her hair is far from a 'bob' cut. Only in the red-dress picture could you describe her hair as 'bob' and there it is brown. So which child is he describing, the one with the 'coloboma' the brilliant 'marketing ploy' which later her mother told us was not a coloboma at all, just a little mark that you would hardly notice.

Back to the tenses, rant over, DP needs a thorough looking at in my opinion. He hardly seems to be describing the Madeleine that we were shown and he certainly does not reply in the present which is worrying. What does he know?

bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by One on 06.08.12 8:24

I had worked on a post but unfortunately lost the whole thing but here is what I was looking at :

Tanner

“Very, she was very lively, a very lively, happy, a happy little girl really

O Brien

she wasn't kind of a kid on top of the swing who'd just jump off and (inaudible) and that sort of thing so…"

Payne

she was a, she's a very bright child you know

Webster

”Well she was a lovely little girl, you know

R Oldfield

but I mean, she was, you know she was sort of very together

I suppose the point is if these witnesses are telling us Madeleine "isn't" but "was" why haven't SY questioned them, why have Team McCann challenged them and why haven't the fraud squad investigated the fund?

One

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 06.08.12 8:32

One wrote:I had worked on a post but unfortunately lost the whole thing but here is what I was looking at :

Tanner

“Very, she was very lively, a very lively, happy, a happy little girl really

O Brien

she wasn't kind of a kid on top of the swing who'd just jump off and (inaudible) and that sort of thing so…"

Payne

she was a, she's a very bright child you know

Webster

”Well she was a lovely little girl, you know

R Oldfield

but I mean, she was, you know she was sort of very together

I suppose the point is if these witnesses are telling us Madeleine "isn't" but "was" why haven't SY questioned them, why have Team McCann challenged them and why haven't the fraud squad investigated the fund?

Hello One, I crossed your post when I was entering mine and was just about to ask you what had happened to it.

It was interesting and I was going to comment, on how the questions had been worded by the police interrogators.

If you could find them again, that would be interesting. You showed the questions as being 'very neutral', not indicating any tense at all, leaving it open for the respondent to give the reply in the tense they chose. This, I was going to say, I find interesting and more clever than it appears. It leaves the field open for the respondent to expose themselves perhaps.

If you can find the bit where you had the 'questions' that would be good to see.

P.S. I know what you mean about 'losing' a whole post. If I think there is a risk of that now, I highlight and copy it, just to be sure I still have it when going through the save, edit, re-post actions.

bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 06.08.12 8:42

@ Bobbin:
Yes, the prize for the most sickening description of a 4 year old(why do they push the 3-yrs so? when she was one week away from 4) must go either to Payne of Jon Corner. Both give us a cross between a nymphet of about 11 and a very bright 8 or 9 year old child. Her beauty = a USP (unique selling point) is stressed every time.
How can Payne say she was good fun, interacting with her was good? That's level territory, that's a mate or a girlfriend.
Corner says she would light up a room, the videos tell us otherwise.
She had to be outstandingly beautiful and lovely to be searched for, Kate said, 'Please look for Madeleine, she's lovely'. I once lost a lovely necklace and asked friends to look for it in the same way. A thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by One on 06.08.12 9:58

bobbin wrote: If you can find the bit where you had the 'questions' that would be good to see.

I'm having difficulties with my internet connection I think. But here are the questions and the answers:

4078 “And how would you describe Madeleine?”
Jane Tanner: “Very, she was very lively, a very lively, happy, a happy little girl really.”

1578 "Are you aware if she was aware of stranger danger for example?"
Russell O Brien: “she didn't sort of put herself in physical danger she wasn't kind of a kid on top of the swing who'd just jump off and (inaudible) and that sort of thing so…"

1485 "Okay. I'd like you to describe Madeleine to me. What sort of a child she is and you know how you see her.'
David Payne: "Mm, err Madeleine's err a very striking err beautiful child, I'd almost if I want a better phrase call her doll-like, you know she was very, you know I think, you know very unique looking child err, she'd got very pretty, you know blonde hair err in a bob, she was quite a petite err child and you know she was very bubbly, very err you know she was a very good child to, to interact with.

4078 ”And how would you describe her personality?”
Diane Webster: ”Well she was just a normal happy, little girl, you know she was a nice girl.”

4078 'And how would you describe Madeleine''
Matthew Oldfield: 'Erm, yeah, sweet, lovely, you know, sort of very sort of outgoing and, erm, you know, enthusiastic, bounds of energy, sort of memories of her as they're running round the bits when we sort of chased her, it was always 'I want more. I want more. Be a monster. Be a monster' and running round, yeah'.

1578 'In respect of Madeleine herself, are you able to describe her character''
Rachel Oldfield: 'Erm I mean she was you know, a very bubbly little girl, erm very cheery, erm very sort of caring, she was very good with er smaller children, erm you know
One

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 06.08.12 16:40

4th May statements, infuriating that the questions were not transcribed. All below interesting, DW swaps between tenses, but in one part of her description it is appropriate to use the past tense as she is referring to behaviour she has witnessed in the past.

G McC : Concerning the child's personality, she was extrovert, very active, talkative, smart and relates to other children with great ease. Still, the deponent said that she would never go with a stranger.

KMcC: Concerning Madeleine, she is Caucasian, with quite white skin, aged four (12/05/2003) about 90cm tall. Of slim build, dark blond hair, straight and of shoulder length. Left eye blue-green, right eye also green with a brown spot on the pupil. She had a small brown spot on the skin of her left leg, as well as a small sunburn on her right forearm. She had no scars. At the time of her disappearance, she was wearing pyjamas, with white bottoms with a floral pattern and a frill at the end. The short-sleeved top, mainly pink with a blue-grey donkey figure on the front, bearing the inscription "EEYORE", an inscription which was also on one of the trouser legs.

The pyjamas are of the "Marks and Spencer" brand.

Concerning the child's personality, she was extrovert, very active, talkative, smart and related to other children with great ease. But she would never go with a stranger.

JT : Madeleine was a lovely, very friendly, very active, playful girl. She likes to jump around. She was intelligent and (the witness) does not believe that if a stranger had approached she would not have shouted.

ROB: was not asked to describe Madeleine presumably, as he does not describe her. Interesting.

MO: That Madeleine is very lively, obedient, communicative and extrovert. Madeleine's parents are both very friendly, communicative, happy and sensible. That the couple have an excellent relationship with their children, not making any difference in the treatment of each. That the three children were very much wanted by the couple, all three being the result of, "In Vitro," fertilisation.

RM/O ; Concerning Madeleine, she is a happy child, good natured and full of energy. She considers it impossible that a stranger could take her without her shouting or crying. She is a smart child who knows right from wrong.

DP : He describes Madeleine as being a communicative girl, happy, obedient and very well behaved. Madeleine's parents are very sociable people, known by lots of people, kind and affectionate. Madeleine is indeed the daughter of both of the couple. She was wanted and is the result of, "In Vitro," fertilisation. There was no difference in treatment between Madeleine and the twins. He doesn't know if Madeleine suffers from any illness, nor if she is on medication. He has nothing more to say that could help the progress of the investigation.

FP: She knew Madeleine well and describes her as very intelligent and she would not go with a stranger without screaming or protesting, unless she was very tired or sleeping.

DW:
The informant does not know Madeleine well, because she lives a long way from the McCanns, and she cannot say very much about Madeleine's personality. Nevertheless, she reports that Madeleine was calm but active and energetic and well brought up. She is an attractive and a good child.

The McCanns and O Briens are the most interesting. Their accounts of the evening before and their language are suspicious. Why was ROB the only person not asked to describe Madeleine?
The tenses changing could be, however, due to translation errors. The wording of the questions and tenses used would have told us a lot.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 06.08.12 16:45

David Payne RI on the visit to the mccann apartment at 5.30pm, 7.00pm, 7.30pm .....

1485 "And did you actually set eyes on each individual child''
Reply "All three children I saw, yeah.'

1485 "And were they standing up' Sitting down''
Reply "Err they were generally standing up, yeah.'

1485 "Did they actually acknowledge you''
Reply "Err oh yeah, you know I'm very sure that if you'd have asked them, you know that evening or the next day they'd all say ah yeah, I popped in. You know I, you know I did know the children very well, we'd all you know, met up many times before err you know I, you know again I'd be playing with Madeleine you know in the, err the play area err you know during that week, you know lifting her up, twizzing her round and everything, I knew her that well, you know, to do that, and as I say err she'd definitely know who I was and certainly, as I say, just to reinforce that she looked very happy.'

1485 "Yeah. Was that the last time you saw Madeleine''
00:42:39 Reply "It was.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 06.08.12 16:55

jd wrote:David Payne RI on the visit to the mccann apartment at 5.30pm, 7.00pm, 7.30pm .....

1485 "And did you actually set eyes on each individual child''
Reply "All three children I saw, yeah.'

1485 "And were they standing up' Sitting down''
Reply "Err they were generally standing up, yeah.'

1485 "Did they actually acknowledge you''
Reply "Err oh yeah, you know I'm very sure that if you'd have asked them, you know that evening or the next day they'd all say ah yeah, I popped in. You know I, you know I did know the children very well, we'd all you know, met up many times before err you know I, you know again I'd be playing with Madeleine you know in the, err the play area err you know during that week, you know lifting her up, twizzing her round and everything, I knew her that well, you know, to do that, and as I say err she'd definitely know who I was and certainly, as I say, just to reinforce that she looked very happy.'

1485 "Yeah. Was that the last time you saw Madeleine''
00:42:39 Reply "It was.'

I thought DP had said they were all sat looking like angels wearing mostly white when he went to 5A? And he was playing with Madeleine in the play area during the week, what about his own children?

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 07.08.12 1:04

Nina wrote: I thought DP had said they were all sat looking like angels wearing mostly white when he went to 5A? And he was playing with Madeleine in the play area during the week, what about his own children?

you know he also did describe his friends kids as his "angels immaculate in white and so at peace! which he knew that well" you know you know laughat (How could they look so at peace if they were standing up??)

Interesting he mentions twice in his RI he wanted to "reinforce' how happy the kids all were. Clearly this was an intention for the interview to reinforce this point

"...The three children were all you know dressed you know in their pyjamas, you know they looked immaculate, you know they were just like angels, they all looked so happy and well looked after and content and I said to Kate, you know it's a bit early for theyou know, for the three of them to be going to bed, she said ah they've had such a great time, they're really tired and you know err so I say, you know I can't remember exactly what, what you know the night attire, what the children were wearing but white was the predominant err colour, but you know just to reinforce they were just so happy, you know seeing you know obviously Gerry wasn't there but they were just all, just so at peace and you know they looked like a family who'd had such a fantastic time and err yeah then I left there, went and got my stuff, went back to the tennis courts
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 07.08.12 7:30

The Rothley meeting really covered nearly all the bases didn't it?

Madeleine saying that she'd had the best day ever, Payne confirming this in the RI that Kate said they'd had such a great time.
How would she know? She wasn't there - if they had a great time at the creches it would be the nannies who'd told her that.

If they'd already had such a great time and were so tired, why was the playground idea introduced? Was this the norm for the previous days? I don't think so, this was all added to make the parents look good and make the abduction all the more poignant.

I'm going off topic, but the thing that is weird is always the 'milk and biscuits' after they've brushed their teeth.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum