The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann's 'weak denial' in new footage has some hallmarks of deception, expert claims  - Page 2 Mm11

Gerry McCann's 'weak denial' in new footage has some hallmarks of deception, expert claims  - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann's 'weak denial' in new footage has some hallmarks of deception, expert claims  - Page 2 Mm11

Gerry McCann's 'weak denial' in new footage has some hallmarks of deception, expert claims  - Page 2 Regist10

Gerry McCann's 'weak denial' in new footage has some hallmarks of deception, expert claims

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry McCann's 'weak denial' in new footage has some hallmarks of deception, expert claims  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerry McCann's 'weak denial' in new footage has some hallmarks of deception, expert claims

Post by Phoebe 29.05.17 18:40

JimbobJones wrote:
Verd wrote: what seasoned journalist and/or television presenter would ask the parents of a missing child, I quote .... "did you kill your daughter" with a dirty great grin on her face?

Often, but not always, the shots of an interviewer asking the questions, or responding thoughtfully to answers are shot after the interview is over. This is to avoid the need for extra cameras or constant movement and change of focus etc. They call them "noddies" . When she was shot asking that question the McCanns may have already left.
There is something strange going on with this "new" clip. In the original 2011 interview the camera is focused on Rhani as she asks the question "Did you kill your daughter?" However, in the new clip the camera is focused on Kate and Gerry not Rhani during this question. Unless this was filmed with two separate cameras and camera operators, which I doubt, how could a single camera capture Rhani while she is asking the question and Gerry and Kate opposite her (two completely different shots) simultaneously? Only one of those shots can be actual, the other is edited in. Rhani was definitely filmed (at some stage) asking the question since her mouth seems to make the right movements but we have no idea if Gerry is actually answering THIS question in his response. If any one wants to compare take a look on you tube at Madeleine Mccann Australian Interview by DonnyDarko.
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann's 'weak denial' in new footage has some hallmarks of deception, expert claims  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerry McCann's 'weak denial' in new footage has some hallmarks of deception, expert claims

Post by skyrocket 29.05.17 20:05

@GeG - thanks for the link.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 29.05.17 21:40

Phoebe wrote:
JimbobJones wrote:
Verd wrote: what seasoned journalist and/or television presenter would ask the parents of a missing child, I quote .... "did you kill your daughter" with a dirty great grin on her face?

Often, but not always, the shots of an interviewer asking the questions, or responding thoughtfully to answers are shot after the interview is over. This is to avoid the need for extra cameras or constant movement and change of focus etc. They call them "noddies" . When she was shot asking that question the McCanns may have already left.
There is something strange going on with this "new" clip. In the original 2011 interview the camera is focused on Rhani as she asks the question "Did you kill your daughter?" However, in the new clip the camera is focused on Kate and Gerry not Rhani during this question. Unless this was filmed with two separate cameras and camera operators, which I doubt...
It is common practice @ Phoebe for film-makers to set up two cameras for an interview, both unmanned.

They will be carefully positioned, fixed tightly on a tripod, then switched on and just left to run.

Both films, at the end of the interview, go to the cutting-room, where the editor will splice the two film rolls together as s/he sees fit, usually featuring the interviewee, but with occasional shots of the interviewer.

Richard Hall does this for his interviews; he takes two film cameras with him and uses them just as described above.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 29.05.17 23:35

Tony Bennett wrote:
I think this extended clip is genuine

I was primarily talking of the 49 second video clip uploaded by Get'emGoncalo, however this got me thinking about the May 2011 interview with Sadler in general.  I'm going to be a bit vague here, earlier I was searching on another computer so I haven't got the information to hand - this is off the top of my head.

During the later part of May 2011 there was a media blitz promoting Kate McCann's book madeleine, which included studio interviews with both MCann's.  It was said at the time that the McCanns returned to Portugal to promote the book and make another plea on behalf of Madeleine.  It would appear however, they didn't spend time in Praia da Luz, as I would expect but they went to Lisbon - this indicates to me their visit was more relative to their law suit against Amaral.

As I say, there was a media blitz at the time but according to Rhani Sadler's website or the Australian team she was working for at the time (can't recall exactly), she had exclusive rights to interview the McCanns with dramatic claims of revelationary new information.  If you take the video at face value, Sadler was in Portugal for this meet with the McCanns but the only clear evidence of that meet is the street walk showing all three ostensibly in conversation - much like the more recent shot of Sadler walking the streets with Goncalo Amaral.

I accept that you and others know more about filming than I do but something about the studio interview doesn't seem authentic to me.  The interview is conducted on a par with other day time sofa interviews viewers have been subjected to over the years - nice and cosy with no awkward questions asked, yet out of the blue Sadler asks "did you kill your daughter"?  I appreciate what you say about similar questions asked of suspect criminals in the past but that's not normally during a Oprah Winfrey style weepy - box of tissues provided under seat!  In short, the interview by all appearances was another chance for the McCanns to appeal to the public heart strings - not a pukka investigative journalist probing a suspect.

The footage is ringing bells with me but I can't put my finger on where I've seen it before - maybe I've just watched the same video in the past on more than one occasion.  Watching it again, I still think Sadler is grinning when asking "did you kill your daughter" but I'll let that pass for the moment.

In the light of the general tenor of the Australian 2017 production aired just prior to the 10th anniversary of Madeleine McCann's disappearance, for example complaints made by Pat Brown and Colin Sutton with accusations of mis-quoting and editing - I'm less than impressed with the Australian mode of production for TV shows.

Whatever, in my view the 49 second clip has been edited to such an extent it's worthless in terms of statement analysis and the extended version I'm not convinced is a genuine interview with Rhani Sadler, even with my limited knowledge of the tricks of the trade.  Mostly with these cosy studio type interviews you get a shot or few of the interviewer and the interviewee/s - not so here!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 30.05.17 0:26

Tony Bennett wrote:
Phoebe wrote:
JimbobJones wrote:

There is something strange going on with this "new" clip. In the original 2011 interview the camera is focused on Rhani as she asks the question "Did you kill your daughter?" However, in the new clip the camera is focused on Kate and Gerry not Rhani during this question. Unless this was filmed with two separate cameras and camera operators, which I doubt...
It is common practice @ Phoebe for film-makers to set up two cameras for an interview, both unmanned.

They will be carefully positioned, fixed tightly on a tripod, then switched on and just left to run.

Both films, at the end of the interview, go to the cutting-room, where the editor will splice the two film rolls together as s/he sees fit, usually featuring the interviewee, but with occasional shots of the interviewer.

Richard Hall does this for his interviews; he takes two film cameras with him and uses them just as described above.
Perhaps, although in the 2011 version the camera on Kate and Gerry is not fixed as it clearly pans. I just don't get Gerry's response "No, never", nor his saying "You would have to start with why, when, how, WHO". Why would there be a query over "who" when the question asked was "Did YOU..." I don't trust Channel 7 since they showed us Dr. Amaral strolling along with Rhani while giving a 10th anniversary interview when he said it never happened.
Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 30.05.17 1:51

Apparently the interviews can be done from different locations.  A video of the interviewer and a video of those interviewed from a different location.  They can then be edited together to resemble an in studio interview.
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.05.17 7:46

HiDeHo wrote:Apparently the interviews can be done from different locations.  A video of the interviewer and a video of those interviewed from a different location.  They can then be edited together to resemble an in studio interview.
I think this happens a lot.

You often see head nodding shots you just know were not real time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 30.05.17 9:25

skyrocket wrote:Very revealing - thanks @GeG

I think Kate's apparent smile at about 12 secs is actually contempt for the question being asked/the interviewer - see Pamela Meyer's explanation below. Note the RHS of her upper lip rising.

See from 13mins 2 secs

Gerry seems to show a mixture of contempt; duper's delight; and real anger - particularly when you slow the clip down. The direct question seems to have broadsided him. And, why does, 'No, no, never,' come out in response to the question, 'Did you kill your daughter?'?

Would be very interesting if Peter Hyatt could take a close look at this as well. Perhaps @GeG, you could pass the clip on to him.

Just shows what editing can do - that's why Richard Hall is such an excellent interviewer, his interviews are always complete, and hence completely honest.

+1 skyrocket, thanks for posting, very interesting. It seems to be true, that if you live your life with honesty, it makes life around you better
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 30.05.17 9:38

Tony Bennett wrote:
Phoebe wrote:
JimbobJones wrote:

sometimes a third is used for "roving" shots capturing facial expressions, expansive gestures etc. You can make anyone say virtually anything on a Matrox / Avid or FCP suite.

"the editor will splice the two film rolls together as s/he sees fit, usually featuring the interviewee, but with occasional shots of the interviewer" - this process is part art part science, it can be used to convey meaning where there is none and create emphasis, for example out of nothing.

I'm still very excited to see the longer version, there more material you have the more edit points / markers there are and that can be telling in itself, a good idea is to watch first without the sound.

sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 30.05.17 10:01

It's funny because I always thought the edited 'No, that's an emphatic no' sounded suspicious in itself anyway. When someone accuses you of something you genuinely didn't do, a simple 'No' or 'No I didn't' is sufficient. There's no need to state you are being emphatic if you genuinely are, it comes across in your tone and body language.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 30.05.17 10:37

Maybe I just have a suspicious mind but I can't help feeling this sequence is not in real time. I believe this response was to another question and that Rhani's question " did you kill your daughter" was edited in and this response chosen as the answer. Gerry's response in no way matches the question posed and there is no input from Kate at all, she merely looks at him. I find it hard to believe she wouldn't have attempted to interject in response to such a crucial question which was not specifically put to Gerry alone, especially when he flounders. The rumours which had been flying were that Kate was the one responsible (remember the plea bargain tale and the Kate killed her in a frenzy), so why make it seem this was put to Gerry to answer? To me it sounds more like the response to a question such as "did you ever suspect each other or that any of your group was responsible for what happened to Madeleine?" In such instance his reply would make perfect sense - "No, never, there's nothing that could logically, there's nothing to suggest, I mean you would have to start with why? when? how? who?" etc. while still showing discomfort and guilt. I remember being interviewed in a similarish situation and was fascinated that at the end of the interview, the camera-man then filmed the interviewer making introductions and asking questions even though the interview was over. Some of the questions which were filmed at the end had not been asked during the interview. In this case I believe the original 2011 program realized that the response looked too out of place, so, it was edited to "No, that's an emphatic no". but that when reshowing it in 2017 they forgot this detail
Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.05.17 11:09

I've watched it a few times now.

I'm prepared to believe that the original question wasn't the one edited into the video.

Do we have the original transmission with the edited "emphatic no" response so we can compare the question?

Why is the truth so hard too discern?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene 2 30.05.17 11:26

BlueBag wrote:I've watched it a few times now.

I'm prepared to believe that the original question wasn't the one edited into the video.

Do we have the original transmission with the edited "emphatic no" response so we can compare the question?

This is the only video I can find on Youtube.

Looking for Madeleine McCann - Sunday Night

Uploaded on Jul 24, 2011
Reporter: Rahni Sadler

Date aired: 24/07/2011

The edited emphatic no,  10.35

9.02 the emphatic no, followed by more rambling and Peter Hyatt's analysis

The OP version

Irene 2

Activity : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.05.17 11:51

Thanks for find that Irene 2.

It seems the question was in the original transmission with the interviewer seen saying it.

The shortened "emphatic no" was transmitted as a response to the question "did you kill your daughter". 

So I think the fuller answer does go with it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene 2 30.05.17 11:58

BlueBag wrote:Thanks for find that Irene 2.

It seems the question was in the original transmission with the interviewer seen saying it.

The shortened "emphatic no" was transmitted as a response to the question "did you kill your daughter". 

So I think the fuller answer does go with it.

The fuller answer before and after the emphatic no makes sense. Before it he asks when, how etc, than after it, which Peter Hyatt analysed, he goes into detail of that night and when, how etc. digging their hole even deeper. 
Which night Madeleine died still puzzles me.
Irene 2

Activity : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.05.17 12:06

Makes sense to me.

I don't think they would have transmitted an answer - the shortened version -  unless it was to the actual question.

Unless the McCanns had the say on the final cut and approved it regardless of right/wrong question because the shortened version didn't matter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 30.05.17 12:52

BlueBag wrote:I've watched it a few times now.

I found it on you tube under Madeleine Mccann Australian Interview 2011 put up by DonnyDarko. I'll try adding the link here and hope it works. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOpBdLyJJhE I suck at technology but if you google what I did you will find it. It's 10mins 32 secs into program. it was from watching both side by side that led me to this conclusion.
Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 30.05.17 13:40

Phoebe wrote:Maybe I just have a suspicious mind but I can't help feeling this sequence is not in real time. I believe this response was to another question and that Rhani's question " did you kill your daughter" was edited in and this response chosen as the answer.
I agree - very point I've been trying to make  thumbup.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 30.05.17 13:44

HiDeHo wrote:Apparently the interviews can be done from different locations.  A video of the interviewer and a video of those interviewed from a different location.  They can then be edited together to resemble an in studio interview.
Why of course, happens all the time which leads me to think you can't believe a single thing you see.  The more technology advances, the more opportunity to deceive.

There is an old say that the camera never lies - that no longer can be relied upon!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 30.05.17 13:46

lemonbutter wrote:
Get'emGonçalo wrote:Mark Saunokonoko is fantastic - a journalist on a par with Natasha Donn for just publishing facts about the McCann case without the need for using any derogatory name-calling, unlike UK 'journalists' who can't write an article without using the word 'trolls'.

Thank you Mark thumbsup
A very professional journalist who investigates and reports the facts - a rare breed these days.

Keep it up please Mark ... you're gathering a fan base, and it's not TM laughat
Gerry McCann's 'weak denial' in new footage has some hallmarks of deception, expert claims  - Page 2 Mk10

And he's got Maddie as his pinned tweet thumbsup

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41060

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 30.05.17 13:51

Verdi wrote:
Phoebe wrote:Maybe I just have a suspicious mind but I can't help feeling this sequence is not in real time. I believe this response was to another question and that Rhani's question " did you kill your daughter" was edited in and this response chosen as the answer.
I agree - very point I've been trying to make  thumbup.
I agree too - if Rahni Sadler can pretend she's walking with Gonçalo Amaral in Praia da Luz, which GA denies, then she's capable of anything.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41060

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 30.05.17 16:19

If what some of us suspect is true then it follows that statement analysis needs to be approached with caution. The analyst has to be 100% sure that what he/she is analysing is the real thing, otherwise they and those who use such analysis as "proof" of anything could be put in a position of looking very foolish.
Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 30.05.17 16:35

Rahni Sadler talks about her story on the Madeleine McCann case

7 News 23rd April 2017

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/35130099/rahni-sadler-talks-about-her-story-on-the-madeleine-mccann-case/#page1

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 30.05.17 16:38

Seven journalist Rahni Sadler to face court
Staff Writer, DailyTelegraph

July 2, 2012 2:00pm

SEVEN Network journalist Rahni Sadler will face court next month accused of illegally communicating with outback killer Bradley John Murdoch.
At a brief hearing in Darwin Magistrates Court yesterday prosecutors agreed to drop charges against Channel 7, but will press ahead with their case against Sadler, who will face court on August 23 and 24 over the allegations.
The charges relate to a phone conversation between Murdoch and his friend Andrew Fraser, in which Murdoch denied killing English traveller Peter Falconio.
The conversation formed part of Sadler's story which aired on Seven's Sunday Night program in July last year.
It is illegal to communicate with a prisoner in the Northern Territory without permission.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/seven-journalist-rahni-sadler-to-face-court/news-story/eeaeae94d46b693732c47b0533e665b0

Any similarity of name I'm sure is pure coincidence big grin .

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 30.05.17 16:55

Looking for Madeleine McCann
Yahoo7 on July 21, 2011, 12:00 pm
Gerry McCann's 'weak denial' in new footage has some hallmarks of deception, expert claims  - Page 2 Mccannfamily10_172nn3v-172nn44

Reporter: Rahni Sadler
Date aired: 24/07/2011
Sunday Night reporter Rahni Sadler is given unprecedented access to the parents of missing British toddler Madeleine McCann. Four years after Madeleine disappeared during a family holiday in Portugal, the McCanns disclose startling new clues driving the on-going worldwide search for their daughter.
The couple, who have raised millions of dollars in the past three years to fund their own private manhunt, now believe Madeleine’s abductor stalked the family.
Also, exclusive never-before seen home video reveals a side to the McCann family that will surprise many.
We join Kate and Gerry McCann as they travel across Europe on a mission to keep Madeleine in the minds of the public.

Gerry McCann's 'weak denial' in new footage has some hallmarks of deception, expert claims  - Page 2 Galleryphoto
Sunday Night and Random House are giving away copies of Madeleine by Kate McCann to 100 viewers. For entry details click on the link below.

For further details on the personal memoir click here. Random House has made available a chapter from the book which viewers can access, it appears above the book jacket “open the book”.
Gerry McCann's 'weak denial' in new footage has some hallmarks of deception, expert claims  - Page 2 Bannerofmadeleine

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/features/a/9888202/looking-for-madeleine-mccann/#page1

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum