The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as many of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Dementia Tax,Strong and stable Policies,I Thought I'd paid that Tax Years ago?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by willowthewisp on 18.05.17 13:01

They certainly have taken over the Asylum Now Theresa May,cohorts"Dementia Tax",anyone thought it was April the First?
Old Allowance £23,500+
New Allowance£100,000 difference of £76,500 before Long Term Health care affects your assets!?

What they have not revealed is are they to repeal the Local Government rulings on"Disposal of Assets"where the local Authority can "Over Ride" the Eight Year declaration Rights to protect the future family assets,where the Property can be used in the Provision of Care?
Do Not forget now Loyal Conservative Voters,it was Mrs Thatcher allowed your parents the"Right to Buy",they got a discount for years of Tenancy,but had to acquire a New Mortgage,spending Thousands of pounds to bring the properties up to the required standard?
Whilst at the same time slipping unnoticed,"Long Term Health"cuts to Hospital Wards,that any "Assets Owned" where now applicable to be used as your Long Term future funding of Care in the Community,wherebye you house became a future subsidy for the Government,clever eh?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dementia Tax,Strong and stable Policies,I Thought I'd paid that Tax Years ago?

Post by plebgate on 18.05.17 19:30

Too right WTW too right.
An absolute disgrace.    Where are the big organisations who should be challenging these atrocious decisions through the courts. 
Plenty of people ready to support court action against the Brexit decision but old people in Britain well STUFF THEM.
I believe we will see a lot more "nasty" laws come into force once the Cons win this election.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dementia Tax,Strong and stable Policies,I Thought I'd paid that Tax Years ago?

Post by polyenne on 18.05.17 19:45

Is this thread not a wee bit off forum subject and a bit political ?
polyenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 18.05.17 19:52

@polyenne wrote:Is this thread not a wee bit off forum subject and a bit political ?
If it had been in the main part of the forum then yes it would be but it is in the political forum. We have a number of other subject areas. 
We even have a lounge area where we can have a laugh and a technical area where we, who are none techy, can be gently guided through any technical glitches.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne on 18.05.17 20:01

Techy ? Moi ? Oh you know me so well......
polyenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 18.05.17 20:11

@polyenne wrote:Techy ? Moi ? Oh you know me so well......
high5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.05.17 11:58

What really annoys me is we are being told homeowners will be ALLOWED to keep one hundred grand (before any taxes) to pass on to family.   This from a woman who spends 900 pound on one pair of trousers.  Allowed to keep part of their OWN money.    You really could not make this up.

I wonder if this could see many more people taking out equity release and giving some of the  money to their family before ill health sets in and I wouldn't blame them or maybe re-mortgaging?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp on 19.05.17 13:47

@plebgate wrote:What really annoys me is we are being told homeowners will be ALLOWED to keep one hundred grand (before any taxes) to pass on to family.   This from a woman who spends 900 pound on one pair of trousers.  Allowed to keep part of their OWN money.    You really could not make this up.

I wonder if this could see many more people taking out equity release and giving some of the  money to their family before ill health sets in and I wouldn't blame them or maybe re-mortgaging?
Hi Plebgate,Re; equity release?
If you "Own"your property,you can try to protect your assets from being counted to "Long Term Health Provision"£400-500 per week,by signing it over under the Eight Year Ruling!
The Local Government Authority,where you reside,can apply to"Override,Eight year rule" by making an application to the Courts,to have the assets used to pay for the long Term Care,even though you have followed the Guidance.
The Court can find against your Estate,stating,Hiding of Assets to avoid,Assets being used to pay Long Term Care Home costs? 
Think about it! The higher Court(Government) gives authority to Local Government,to be able to access"Funds/Assets"on behalf of"Cash strapped"local Authorities?
Clever Politicians or even cleverer Civil Servants,but who are the"Civil Servants" serving,their pay Meisters,
"Those who pay the piper calls the Tunes"?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 19.05.17 14:00

@willowthewisp wrote:
@plebgate wrote:What really annoys me is we are being told homeowners will be ALLOWED to keep one hundred grand (before any taxes) to pass on to family.   This from a woman who spends 900 pound on one pair of trousers.  Allowed to keep part of their OWN money.    You really could not make this up.

If you "Own"your property,you can try to protect your assets from being counted to "Long Term Health Provision"£400-500 per week,by signing it over under the Eight Year Ruling!
The Local Government Authority,where you reside,can apply to"Override,Eight year rule" by making an application to the Courts,to have the assets used to pay for the long Term Care,even though you have followed the Guidance.
The Court can find against your Estate,stating,Hiding of Assets to avoid,Assets being used to pay Long Term Care Home costs? 
Clever Politicians or even cleverer Civil Servants,but who are the"Civil Servants" serving,their pay Meisters,
So let's suppose my house was worth £800,000, it isn't but just a pie in the sky value, and we, both hubby and I needed care, and eventually die are we on the £100,000 baseline too? Or are there special opportunities for those living in very expensive housing under this planned measure?
I have a number of friends on Facebook who are Tory voters and not one of them has thrown a wobbly about this, they are still voicing their support of such a wonderful woman and what she is going to do for the country.
Edited to add..........
If a person/couple/family are in rented accommodation and have in excess of £100,000 in investments are they taken down to the £100,000 level, or is it only property?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp on 19.05.17 14:15

@Nina wrote:
@willowthewisp wrote:

So let's suppose my house was worth £800,000, it isn't but just a pie in the sky value, and we, both hubby and I needed care, and eventually die are we on the £100,000 baseline too? Or are there special opportunities for those living in very expensive housing under this planned measure?
I have a number of friends on Facebook who are Tory voters and not one of them has thrown a wobbly about this, they are still voicing their support of such a wonderful woman and what she is going to do for the country.
Hi Nina,it depends on how much money is given to each Authority within the United Kingdom in provision of services in that area?
eg,If you look at how much money/funding is given to each authority,they do not spend like for like,London may receive cost from Government£5000 per person,but someone living in the North maybe £1000 per person,it is not Equal,Surrey,Sussex,Conservative Council spending increase from Government 2017?
Capital Gains Tax is only paid on properties above I think £375,000-425,000?
£100,000/500 pw=200 Weeks Care Provision,Four Years for One Person?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 19.05.17 14:28

@willowthewisp wrote:
@Nina wrote:
@willowthewisp wrote:

Hi Nina,it depends on how much money is given to each Authority within the United Kingdom in provision of services in that area?
eg,If you look at how much money/funding is given to each authority,they do not spend like for like,London may receive cost from Government£5000 per person,but someone living in the North maybe £1000 per person,it is not Equal,Surrey,Sussex,Conservative Council spending increase from Government 2017?
Capital Gains Tax is only paid on properties above I think £375,000-425,000?
£100,000/500 pw=200 Weeks Care Provision,Four Years for One Person?
Mmmm. Thank you for your reply willowthewisp. All very concerning. 
I am a pensioner, aged 74 and hubby aged 83 so this is very much in our near future but then anyone can need care at any age with some disabilities/conditions, so isn't just directed at pensioners, though the winter fuel allowance certainly is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp on 19.05.17 14:37

Hi Nina,thanks for your reply.
First of all,I would say that i in no way on the forum to frighten anyone or cause discomfort to any person,in regard to the proposed Government future taxes.
Please do not let this effect your life in any way and may Nina/Husband enjoys life's pleasures in retirement.

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 19.05.17 15:04

@willowthewisp wrote:Hi Nina,thanks for your reply.
First of all,I would say that i in no way on the forum to frighten anyone or cause discomfort to any person,in regard to the proposed Government future taxes.
Please do not let this effect your life in any way and may Nina/Husband enjoys life's pleasures in retirement.
Well thank you very much willowthewip, how very kind of you. 
Not enjoying very much at the moment as waiting a double hip replacement so days spent waiting for the next dose of pain killers, but once done yes certainly will be out and about again.  Mrs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp on 19.05.17 16:27

@Nina wrote:
@willowthewisp wrote:Hi Nina,thanks for your reply.
Well thank you very much willowthewip, how very kind of you. 
Not enjoying very much at the moment as waiting a double hip replacement so days spent waiting for the next dose of pain killers, but once done yes certainly will be out and about again.  Mrs
Then when your Fit and well after your Operation Nina,I hope you and your Husband have plenty of time to enjoy life.

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.05.17 17:49

@willowthewisp wrote:

Think about it! The higher Court(Government) gives authority to Local Government,to be able to access"Funds/Assets"on behalf of"Cash strapped"local Authorities?
@WTW red highlight   Might be the same gits who advise some of them on their tax avoiding off shore accounts.

Whatever for sure they aint going to be worrying about care fees.

Oh well caravan parks might come in handy for a lot of poor souls. yes  

Taxing people who should be shown the utmost care and respect in their hours of need.   Shame on them.

roll

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 19.05.17 21:04

@Nina wrote:
Not enjoying very much at the moment as waiting a double hip replacement so days spent waiting for the next dose of pain killers, but once done yes certainly will be out and about again. 
From me..

..to you!

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 19.05.17 21:26

The problem as I see it is the fact that decent citizens go along with everything thrown at them without complaint, the good old British stiff upper lip, until you get a build up of irregularities that effect our daily lives - then the worm turns.

At the end of the day, it's our money they play around with - be it the government, banks or any other body that our hard earned cash passes through.

The taxes we pay, the national insurance we pay, the money in the bank - it's all ours.  What say do we have in how our money is managed apart from a cross on a ballot paper?  None as far as I see.

How dare they dictate how our income, savings, investments or whatever are managed.  It's our money, we should be in a position to decide for ourselves, not rely on profiteering by the establishment.

I've been thinking of hiding my money under the mattress, only I suspect a covert government agent midnight prowling - breaking through the shutter and window to frisk my slumbering personage and nick all me cash.

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz on 20.05.17 17:29

The best way to get round this daylight robbery would probably be for a married couple to become 'tenants in kind'  whereby each partner owns half the property. This would enable each partner to protect £100,000 of the house's  value. . Wouldn't that keep £200,000 safe?

kaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 21.05.17 9:28

Well Terri  May is not getting very good headlines in the papers today.

What is so unfair about this and was reported on yesterday is if people develop terminal cancer their care bills will be covered with no death tax applied.  Why then is May so determined to punish the familes of people who will suffer perhaps for many years with a terrible, terrible, illness which robs them of everything and now she is going to rob them and their families of all they have worked for.

It is a bad and nast ypolicy and a definite inequality which should  be challenged in the courts by one of the elderly/equality organisations.

There is no fairness for the cannon fodder in UK and it has to change.

Foreign aid, billions of which have already been squandered remains but the elderly can eff off.    Marvellous  NOT.

roll

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 21.05.17 13:18

Mr. Damian Green, Tory Minister announced today that £100,000 is an adequate inheritance.  Errm not if it is divided by several children.

Tell it to your multimillionaire colleagues Mr. Green who wont have such worries.

Another "caring" conservative has had to go - link

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-deputy-mayor-owen-lister-558677

OMG words really do fail me.

roll

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 22.05.17 9:17

So Mr. Damian Green £100,000 inheritance is an adquate amount is it?

Tell that to your multi, multi millionaire colleague.   Inherited between 100 and  200 MILLION  pounds.   You are having a laugh.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot/2012/apr/20/richard-benyons-inclosure-quarry

Benyons supported the bedroom tax. No shock there to me.  What a pity it didn't apply to MPs and their stately manors.

Terri May's concern for the Just About Managing sounds very hollow to me.    They will all stay just about managing by the look of things as no chance of a inheriting too much from their parents.

Hypocrites.

Never mind all you rich landowners and wanna be rich landowners - you now get the chance to bow and curtsey to the Middleton family for the rest of your lives.  laughat

roll

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp on 22.05.17 15:33

@plebgate wrote:So Mr. Damian Green £100,000 inheritance is an adquate amount is it?

Tell that to your multi, multi millionaire colleague.   Inherited between 100 and  200 MILLION  pounds.   You are having a laugh.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot/2012/apr/20/richard-benyons-inclosure-quarry

Benyons supported the bedroom tax. No shock there to me.  What a pity it didn't apply to MPs and their stately manors.

Terri May's concern for the Just About Managing sounds very hollow to me.    They will all stay just about managing by the look of things as no chance of a inheriting too much from their parents.

Hypocrites.

Never mind all you rich landowners and wanna be rich landowners - you now get the chance to bow and curtsey to the Middleton family for the rest of your lives.  laughat
Hi Plebgate,thanks for the article,this shows just who Mr Benyon and his cohorts care about Society or the Protection of Rare species?
So Mr Benyon can extract the resources from his Estate,whilst receiving Subsidies from the Tax payer to keep"One's Inheritance"up to the appropriate standard,£100,000 per annum x 20=£2 Million pounds?
Yet if you are the owner of a property where Shale Gas explorations are taking place and it so happens to be Underneath your property,who is entitled to benefit from it,You being the Owner of the Property or Her Majesties Government?
Yes that's Right,the Queen or King has Entitlement to profit from these resources,even though your House is on the Land Above Ground,they are Entitled to What Lies Beneath the Land?
So where does that leave you if an Explosion Occurs Beneath your Property during the extraction process of the Minerals below your property,do you have Civil Redress through the Courts of the UK,run on behalf of the King or Queen,Government?
Wonder if Minerals found under Mr Benyon's abode,will be bequeathed to the King or Queen?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz on 23.05.17 11:26

Better still bring on THE CAROUSEL. Logan's Run.  Remember that great series? Who'd have thought back then that it would all come true? Anybody over 35 had to jump on the Carousel and that was it. Time over. Of course the Carousel was depicted as something wonderful.........................a marvellous journey, a reward  and something to look forward to in order to  get the over 35's to  voluntarily  'jump on.'
Naturally  Government these days would make the eligible age much later in order to get their money's worth out of you but certainly before the 60's. There would be exceptions of course: Members of Parliament, those who are bribed to do a three monkeys act in the face of evil, Royalty ( that goes without saying ) and anyone worth over £5 billion regardless of who was  screwed to accumulate it.

kaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum