The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann's parents are trying to protect their twins, 12, from online abuse Mm11

Madeleine McCann's parents are trying to protect their twins, 12, from online abuse Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann's parents are trying to protect their twins, 12, from online abuse Mm11

Madeleine McCann's parents are trying to protect their twins, 12, from online abuse Regist10

Madeleine McCann's parents are trying to protect their twins, 12, from online abuse

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine McCann's parents are trying to protect their twins, 12, from online abuse Empty Madeleine McCann's parents are trying to protect their twins, 12, from online abuse

Post by Patience 29.04.17 20:45

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/madeleine-mccanns-parents-are-trying-to-protect-their-twins-12-20170429-gvvjpk.html

"Our worry is for our children," said Mrs McCann, 49, a former GP, who disclosed she has started working again in medicine but not as a general practitioner.

Mr McCann said they would take the case to Europe because "the last judgment is terrible", adding: "We've got to challenge it, and we will do."

Patience
Patience

Activity : 257

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann's parents are trying to protect their twins, 12, from online abuse Empty Re: Madeleine McCann's parents are trying to protect their twins, 12, from online abuse

Post by JulieC 29.04.17 21:09

Patience wrote:http://linkis.com/brisbanetimes.com.au/gH5v8

"Our worry is for our children," said Mrs McCann, 49, a former GP, who disclosed she has started working again in medicine but not as a general practitioner.

Mr McCann said they would take the case to Europe because "the last judgment is terrible", adding: "We've got to challenge it, and we will do."

Me, me, me. Not a thing about Madeleine and if she's suffered. Pathetic.
JulieC

Activity : 160

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann's parents are trying to protect their twins, 12, from online abuse Empty Re: Madeleine McCann's parents are trying to protect their twins, 12, from online abuse

Post by plebgate 29.04.17 21:16

Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to get back to Portugal and answer those quesitons?

Sorry to say it again but I just do not understand how they can keep going on and on without answering those questions.

If they don't want to go to Portugal why can't SY put the questions to them?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Pugwash 29.04.17 23:51

Well bugger me with a big black broomstick. They have publicised the vulnerability of their children having spun them so many lies in the past. What are they going to do now? Threaten the teenagers at school with them with legal action if they attack them with plausible truths in the schoolyard?
Captain_Pugwash
Captain_Pugwash

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 30.04.17 1:57

http://linkis.com/brisbanetimes.com.au/gH5v8

April 30 2017 - 4:26AM
Madeleine McCann's parents are trying to protect their twins, 12, from online abuse

or?

(Madeleine McCann's parents are trying to protect their twins, 12, from online abuse 'truths/facts')

The parents of Madeleine McCann have spoken of the hurt caused by fake news and how they are now trying to protect their 12-year-old twins from online abuse.
In a moving interview to mark the tenth anniversary of the disappearance, Kate and Gerry McCann also tell of a new normality of adjusting to life after so long without their eldest child.
The McCanns also disclose they are taking their legal battle with the former Portuguese detective Goncalo Amaral to the European courts after a judgment that ruled in his favour.
Madeleine was three when she vanished from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3, 2007.
In their interview with the BBC's Fiona Bruce, Mrs McCann said they would do "whatever it takes for as long as it takes" to find their daughter.
Of the anniversary, she said: "I never thought we'd still be in this situation, so far along the line. It's a huge amount of time. In some ways it feels like it was only a few weeks ago, in other times it has felt really long. But it's a hard marker of time. It's time we should have had with Madeleine. We should have been a family of five for all that time. It just feels stolen."
Asked about the postings on the internet, Mrs McCann said they did their best to avoid social media.
But she said she was anxious for their children Sean and Amelie, who were two at the time, but are now beginning to use social media themselves.
"I think we've tried to educate them a little bit as well because obviously it's not just us that has fallen victim to the downside of social media."
Of the postings, she said: "I think it has been shocking... that aspect of human nature that I hadn't really encountered before. It's been striking and quite hard really to get your head round. Because why would somebody write that? Why would somebody add to someone's upset, why would someone in a position of ignorance do something like that?"
Mr McCann, 48, a cardiologist, added: "I don't want to dwell on the negative aspects too long, but I think in this era of fake news, it is extremely topical and I think people just need to think twice before what they write and the effects it has.
"Certainly I know ourselves with our own experience, both in the mainstream media and also on the internet, we just say I am not going to believe that until I see evidence of it.
"I'm sure it is a very small minority of people who spend their time doing it, but it has totally inhibited what we do. Personally, we don't use social media, although we have used it in Madeleine's campaign. But for our twins who are growing up in an era where mobile technology is used all the time, we don't want them not to be able to use it in the same way that their peers do."
The couple, from Rothley in Leicestershire, lamented that they had only been able to enjoy their "little perfect nuclear family of five" for such a short period of time.
Mr McCann, acknowledging the passing of time, said: "You adapt and you have a new normality. And unfortunately for us a new normality is a family of four.
"The last five years in particular has allowed us to really properly devote time to looking after the twins and ourselves and of course carrying on with our work.
"At some point you've got to realise that time is not frozen and I think both of us realise that we owed it to the twins to make sure that their life is as fulfilling as they deserve, and we have certainly tried our best to achieve that."
The couple's misery was compounded by finding themselves accused by the Portuguese police of being implicated in the disappearance.
Although they have been formally cleared by both Portuguese and British police for almost a decade, they remain locked in a legal battle with Amaral, who was sacked from the case but wrote a book about it.
The McCanns successfully sued Amaral for libel but the ex-detective won the latest round of the bitter dispute in the Portuguese supreme court.
Mrs McCann said: "I find it all incomprehensible to be honest. It has been very upsetting, and it has caused a lot of frustration and anger which is a real negative emotion.
"I just have to hope that in the long run that justice will prevail."
------------------------------------------------------------

"Although they have been formally cleared by both Portuguese and British police for almost a decade......."

WHEN WERE THEY 'FORMALLY CLEARED' BY THE PORTUGUESE POLICE?

The McCanns also disclose they are taking their legal battle with the former Portuguese detective Goncalo Amaral to the European courts after a judgment that ruled in his favour.

The McCanns successfully sued Amaral for libel but the ex-detective won the latest round of the bitter dispute in the Portuguese supreme court.

jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 30.04.17 7:16

Fake news term being used now.

Are the 49 unanswered questions fake - if not shut up - don't want to hear it.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 30.04.17 7:25

So they are going to the European courts according the the article above.   If true, don't expect any searching questions from any journalists because they could be met with something like no comment as still on going legal battle.

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Patience 30.04.17 7:40

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/save-madeleine-mccann-twin-siblings-10325926#ICID=sharebar_twitter

More talk of protecting the twins and shutting people up!

< snipped >

But Twitter, Facebook and whacko websites are infected by conspiracy theorists with “proof” Madeleine’s parents killed her. Sick lies.

Kate and Gerry have tried to shield the twins, but trolls tarnishing the memory of a missing child need to be shut down.
Patience
Patience

Activity : 257

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 30.04.17 7:57

Sounds to me that the McCanns, true to form, are trying to protect themselves by keeping Madeleine's, now 12 year old, siblings from learning the truth and seeking help to find out what really happened to their sister. It's only a few years before they can start their own investigation.  They may even join the search for truth.

The McCanns wanted 250,000 euros each for them, when they ripped offf sued Amaral. An incentive to shut up?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11159

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 30.04.17 9:02

Double standards. They didn't care a jot about the hurt caused to Dr. Amaral's family or child when they paid their hired media mouths to brand him a lazy, slovenly, incompetent, bitter failure. All that's bothering them is the S. Court statement that they were never cleared and the fact that they cannot control social media from reminding the world of this. All their interviews are about them, not the child they failed. So Kate's back in medicine. Hope she has re-registered.
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC 30.04.17 9:03

'Mr McCann, 48, a cardiologist, added: "I don't want to dwell on the negative aspects too long, but I think in this era of fake news, it is extremely topical and I think people just need to think twice before what they write and the effects it has.'

Well they should know all  about that!

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay
MrsC
MrsC

Activity : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 30.04.17 9:16

plebgate wrote:Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to get back to Portugal and answer those quesitons?

Sorry to say it again but I just do not understand how they can keep going on and on without answering those questions.

If they don't want to go to Portugal why can't SY put the questions to them?
Well Saint Kate says she'll 'do whatever it takes'. Off you toddle Kate, Ryanair from E Midlands to Faro. Take your husband, the Paynes & your other mates with you.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 30.04.17 9:20

Sample from a phone-in this morning:  "The McCanns are doctors who have saved many lives ..".  "There was no baby sitting service ..".  "They must have given a lot of money to support other families with missing children; isn't it about time we thanked them for that? ..".  "Why is there such animosity from some people towards them ..?"  "They have had no more support than other missing children .." [compare Ben Needham].  "All they did was go out for the evening for a meal .."

Just a few examples from people phoning in.  Not one sensible voice allowed on - and the presenter was adamant that anyone raising issues other than total support was a troll.  I texted him with some research links and suggestions at LBC97.3, 8-9 am today.
Searcher

Activity : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip Anders 30.04.17 9:35

some
Searcher wrote:Sample from a phone-in this morning:  "The McCanns are doctors who have saved many lives ..".  "There was no baby sitting service ..".  "They must have given a lot of money to support other families with missing children; isn't it about time we thanked them for that? ..".  "Why is there such animosity from some people towards them ..?"  "They have had no more support than other missing children .." [compare Ben Needham].  "All they did was go out for the evening for a meal .."

Just a few examples from people phoning in.  Not one sensible voice allowed on - and the presenter was adamant that anyone raising issues other than total support was a troll.  I texted him with some research links and suggestions at LBC97.3, 8-9 am today.
And the scariest thing is that these intellectually challenged morons are allowed to vote & some will do jury service.
Philip Anders
Philip Anders

Activity : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 30.04.17 9:46

What's shocking is that there can be any level of support for them, even assuming the 'official line' is correct!!
So their story is that they put their own wish to get drunk with friends ahead of their 3 babies, and then made millions out of the 'disappearance' of one of them, never once admitting they were wrong to do it - and still they get support??
How is this possible?
Is it truly because they are medically qualified and somehow that makes them infallible? Are people who support them actually justifying their own similar behaviour by thinking 'if the doctor can do it, so can I?'
This is slightly off topic but I read a horrendous telegraph article about a woman who whilst in labour, was completely ignored and given an episiotomy when she explicitly said 'don't cut me' There was an accompanying video and honestly I was moved to tears because the doctor involved was treating her like dirt. He was on a massive power trip and basically said 'shut up, I know what I'm doing and I don't care what you say, you're not birthing this baby properly' If there was any doubt that doctors are just as capable, even potentially more so of being as cruel as the rest of the population, then that video proved it. Rather than doing a psychological assessment of 'trolls', I think Synott would have made a more valuable contribution studying doctors and what makes them think they can play God.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Pugwash 30.04.17 9:56

Searcher wrote:Sample from a phone-in this morning:  "The McCanns are doctors who have saved many lives ..".  "There was no baby sitting service ..".  "They must have given a lot of money to support other families with missing children; isn't it about time we thanked them for that? ..".  "Why is there such animosity from some people towards them ..?"  "They have had no more support than other missing children .." [compare Ben Needham].  "All they did was go out for the evening for a meal .."

The BBC news channel is full of them this morning. It is hard for me not to vomit when I hear that slimy bastrad G McCann assertively say "no evidence".
Captain_Pugwash
Captain_Pugwash

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 30.04.17 10:25

They hide behind their children, it's the oldest trick in the book.  Pick something that plays on people's emotions, who could be against them when it's the poor kids that will suffer?

They are stuck with the ECHR appeal stuff. If they ever give up on the legal battles it's like admitting the other party is right. They have to do it for appearances sake.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Pugwash 30.04.17 10:36

ChippyM wrote:They hide behind their children, it's the oldest trick in the book.  Pick something that plays on people's emotions, who could be against them when it's the poor kids that will suffer?

This what makes them underfoot dirt.
Captain_Pugwash
Captain_Pugwash

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 30.04.17 10:40

While they are protecting the twins, how about they attempt to do something to protect their other daughter, Madeleine (who they believe is still alive and findable) and go back to Portugal with their friends to take part in the reconstruction?

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 30.04.17 21:13

plebgate wrote:Fake news term being used now.
Madeleine McCann's parents are trying to protect their twins, 12, from online abuse 214
Madeleine McCann's parents are trying to protect their twins, 12, from online abuse 122

Here's some more fake news.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 40913

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 30.04.17 22:54

MrsC wrote:'Mr McCann, 48, a cardiologist, added: "I don't want to dwell on the negative aspects too long, but I think in this era of fake news, it is extremely topical and I think people just need to think twice before what they write and the effects it has.'

Well they should know all  about that!

Did he really say that with a straight face?   spin
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 01.05.17 0:13

since she isn't a gp what branch of medicine could she work in?
Nursing i suspect might be out as she would have to train and qualify given it has been 10 years since she last practiced.
Phlebotomist perhaps?
Cleaner in a local surgery?
Nursing assistant?
Carer in a nursing home?
receptionist?

What a loss of status from gp to nobody

It is interesting she doesn't specify what her new 'role' is given her qualifications, one would expect her to br proud to tell us what her new job is.
Lying by ommission perhaps?
She allows the listener to come to a conclusion about her possible job without identifying what exactly it is.

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 01.05.17 9:03

I don't think she necessarily has 'taken a step down' career wise.

She could be working in some kind of advisory role, education, research, private healthcare management or admin etc.

I imagine she doesn't say what she's doing for privacy reasons.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 01.05.17 9:41

Get'emGonçalo wrote:
plebgate wrote:Fake news term being used now.
Madeleine McCann's parents are trying to protect their twins, 12, from online abuse 214
Madeleine McCann's parents are trying to protect their twins, 12, from online abuse 122

Here's some more fake news.
lol GEG.
Fake news I ask you.   Heard it all now.  Fake news beggars belief that.

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 01.05.17 9:41

Hobs wrote:since she isn't a gp what branch of medicine could she work in?
Nursing i suspect might be out as she would have to train and qualify given it has been 10 years since she last practiced.
Phlebotomist perhaps?
Cleaner in a local surgery?
Nursing assistant?
Carer in a nursing home?
receptionist?

What a loss of status from gp to nobody

It is interesting she doesn't specify what her new 'role' is given her qualifications, one would expect her to br proud to tell us what her new job is.
Lying by ommission perhaps?
She allows the listener to come to a conclusion about her possible job without identifying what exactly it is.
Excuse my intervention here, but doing any of those jobs does not make one a 'nobody'! I suspect that Kate is working behind the scenes in some research role (maybe genuine, maybe not) This pair have had so many powerful people falling over themselves to help them that she would only have to click her fingers and the nhs or some pharmaceutical business would create a role for her, no doubt very well paid. She wouldn't have to deal with the public. I agree that any normal person would be happy to give more information. After all, Gerry doesn't mind us knowing what an heroic, life saving genius he is. All in my opinion.
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top