The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

* GENERAL ELECTION, Thursday 8 JUNE 2017 * How will you vote? - POLL added

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I will vote...

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
47% 47% 
[ 29 ]
2% 2% 
[ 1 ]
19% 19% 
[ 12 ]
6% 6% 
[ 4 ]
6% 6% 
[ 4 ]
15% 15% 
[ 9 ]
2% 2% 
[ 1 ]
3% 3% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 62

Re: * GENERAL ELECTION, Thursday 8 JUNE 2017 * How will you vote? - POLL added

Post by aquila on 10.06.17 19:52

@jeanmonroe wrote:I'll 'take' from 'aquila' that she is 'well happy' for 10 members of the Democratic Unionist Party to be 'cahoots' with the Tories, with 'possible' UK Government cabinet positions on 'offer', for the sake of 'democracy'.

Talk about 'the tail wagging the dog'!

RHI, RHI, RHI.
jeanmonroe, you are a star. In the years on this forum your posts have always been sincere and honest and in a fashion that's not many people's cup of tea and with your strange style of writing I'm never sure what you really mean.

I'm not happy about DUP being a bedfellow to secure a Tory majority which is why I asked the question who is the DUP and what do they stand for.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire25 on 10.06.17 20:02

I don't think it's the ideal situation for anyone, except maybe the DUP, but again, I don't see what other option there is? 

Conservative Theresa May
318 - 48.9%

Labour Jeremy Corbyn
262 - 40.3%

Scottish National Party Nicola Sturgeon
35 - 5.4%

Liberal Democrat Tim Farron
12 - 1.8%

Democratic Unionist Party Arlene Foster
10 - 1.5%

Sinn Féin Gerry Adams and Michelle O'Neill
7 - 1.1%

Plaid Cymru Leanne Wood
4 - 0.6%

Green Party Caroline Lucas and Jonathan Bartley
1 - 0.2%

UK Independence Party Paul Nuttall
0 - 0%

Ulster Unionist Party Robin Swann
0 - 0%

Social Democratic and Labour Party Colum Eastwood
0 - 0%

Alliance Naomi Long
0 - 0%

Other parties
1 - 0.2%

Claire25

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 10.06.17 20:13

@Claire25 wrote:I don't think it's the ideal situation for anyone, except maybe the DUP, but again, I don't see what other option there is? 

Conservative Theresa May
318 - 48.9%

Labour Jeremy Corbyn
262 - 40.3%

Scottish National Party Nicola Sturgeon
35 - 5.4%

Liberal Democrat Tim Farron
12 - 1.8%

Democratic Unionist Party Arlene Foster
10 - 1.5%

Sinn Féin Gerry Adams and Michelle O'Neill
7 - 1.1%

Plaid Cymru Leanne Wood
4 - 0.6%

Green Party Caroline Lucas and Jonathan Bartley
1 - 0.2%

UK Independence Party Paul Nuttall
0 - 0%

Ulster Unionist Party Robin Swann
0 - 0%

Social Democratic and Labour Party Colum Eastwood
0 - 0%

Alliance Naomi Long
0 - 0%

Other parties
1 - 0.2%
Having read up on the DUP, I find it pretty grim but inevitable that any political party would form an allegiance in the same circumstances.

Do I like it? No.

What I'd like to know more about is Northern Ireland and why the people of Northern Ireland voted DUP.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire25 on 10.06.17 20:20

Same here Aquila.  I admit, I don't know much about N Ireland and the history and I am reading up on it this weekend but what's done is done unfortunately.  The Labour vote forced the DUP alliance.

I have just seen on the news that May has come to an agreement with DUP now.  As I understand it, there's no coalition but they'll support her on parliament votes and she'll continue as a minority.  

All we can hope for now is that she continues with business as usual for Brexit until the time the Conservatives choose for to go.

Speaking of which, I have just seen this poll for next leader of the Conservatives (apologies, I can't work out how to post screenshots):

LIVE POLL RESULT: 7:39 pm - 10 June 2017 

[size=20]Jacob Rees-Mogg43%

Boris Johnson21%

Theresa May12%

David Davis11%

Amber Rudd6%

Michael Gove4%

Philip Hammond4%

https://www.pollstation.uk/who_should_be_the_next_conservative_party_leader/result
[/size]

Claire25

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 10.06.17 20:33

@Claire25 wrote:Same here Aquila.  I admit, I don't know much about N Ireland and the history and I am reading up on it this weekend but what's done is done unfortunately.  The Labour vote forced the DUP alliance.

I have just seen on the news that May has come to an agreement with DUP now.  As I understand it, there's no coalition but they'll support her on parliament votes and she'll continue as a minority.  

All we can hope for now is that she continues with business as usual for Brexit until the time the Conservatives choose for to go.

Speaking of which, I have just seen this poll for next leader of the Conservatives (apologies, I can't work out how to post screenshots):

LIVE POLL RESULT: 7:39 pm - 10 June 2017 

[size=20]Jacob Rees-Mogg43%

Boris Johnson21%

Theresa May12%

David Davis11%

Amber Rudd6%

Michael Gove4%

Philip Hammond4%

https://www.pollstation.uk/who_should_be_the_next_conservative_party_leader/result
[/size]
It wasn't the Labour vote that forced a DUP alliance. It was this shambles of a vanity project to project Theresa May as the Margaret Thatcher of 2017 in the most unnecessary general election ever at a time when this government was punishing the poor at a time of self imposed austerity. Labour just turned up and offered sweeties to the children.

There is far more to this than meets the eye in my opinion.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 10.06.17 20:34

@aquila wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:I'll 'take' from 'aquila' that she is 'well happy' for 10 members of the Democratic Unionist Party to be 'cahoots' with the Tories, with 'possible' UK Government cabinet positions on 'offer', for the sake of 'democracy'.

RHI, RHI, RHI.
jeanmonroe, you are a star. In the years on this forum your posts have always been sincere and honest and in a fashion that's not many people's cup of tea and with your strange style of writing I'm never sure what you really mean.

I'm not happy about DUP being a bedfellow to secure a Tory majority which is why I asked the question who is the DUP and what do they stand for.

I'm NOT a 'star' but I am, probably, 'older' than yourself, and have a 'photographic' memory.

Oh, ok, I AM a 'star'! winkwink

Here's a picture of the 'lovely' former First Minister and Leader of the DUP, Peter Robinson.

Former First Minister and DUP leader Peter Robinson was photographed wearing a beret at a rally of the paramilitary Ulster Resistance movement.

FACT:

'More' people were 'killed' by Loyalist Paramilitary groups (UDA/UFF/UVF and 'others') and Police/British Army, in Northern Ireland, than were 'killed' by the IRA and 'others'.

Just 3 days 'ago'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-40182151

The Loyalist Communities Council (LCC) on Tuesday called for a maximum turnout by unionist voters.
It backed the DUP's Nigel Dodds, Gavin Robinson and Emma Little Pengelly in Belfast and the UUP's Tom Elliott in Fermanagh and South Tyrone.

"The DUP use the UDA (Ulster Defence Association) during elections and the UDA use the DUP in government," he said.

I certainly don't 'need' a history 'lesson' about the DUP and their 'tentacles' into Irish 'society'!

@Aquila, who asked,

"What I'd like to know more about is Northern Ireland and why the people of Northern Ireland voted DUP."
-----------------------------------

The Loyalist Communities Council (LCC) (in 'essence' the 'paramilitaries') on Tuesday called for a maximum turnout by unionist voters.

One 'votes' or............one DOES 'vote'!.

When May 'stigmatises' Corbyn with the IRA, you might like to 'remind' her of the DUP's 'past' ('present'?) 'associations' with Ulster Loyalist 'paramilitary forces'!

jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 10.06.17 20:40

@jeanmonroe wrote:"So, NOW, Theresa, what's the naughtiest thing you've ever done?"

"Well, Julie, I have to confess, when me and my friends, sort of, did a stitch up, with the DUP to keep me in Downing Street, as PM, when I needlessly lost my Government 12 seat majority, was pretty naughty, the UK electorate weren’t too pleased about that"

REF: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/11-naughty-things-theresa-done-10575340

In an interview with Julie Etchingham, the Prime Minister was asked to share the naughtiest thing she's ever done.

After some hesitation, she settled on something nobody expected to hear - because it's the most boring answer ever.

"I have to confess, when me and my friend, sort of, used to run through the fields of wheat, the farmers weren’t too pleased about that," she said.

'naughty, NAUGHTY, Theresa! Go and sit on the Downing Street 'naughty' step, for the next 5 years!'
Can you imagine though being so tightly held together that you think that this is really naughty?

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire25 on 10.06.17 20:42

Thank you for posting the links JeanMonroe, I am reading them.

The DUP won 10 of the 18 seats in N Ireland though, I have not really worked out why as yet.

Claire25

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 10.06.17 20:50

jeanmonroe you are a star, a bright shining star.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 10.06.17 20:53

I'm orf to read up about Northern Ireland now and try to fathom out why the Northern Irish people voted for DUP.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 10.06.17 21:19

@aquila wrote:I'm orf to read up about Northern Ireland now and try to fathom out why the Northern Irish people voted for DUP.
It's easy.

Protestants vote for DUP.

Catholics vote for Sinn Fien.

There are some other parties as well, but it's mostly those two.

Northern Ireland is STILL deeply divided.
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 10.06.17 21:27

@Claire25 wrote:Thank you for posting the links JeanMonroe, I am reading them.

The DUP won 10 of the 18 seats in N Ireland though, I have not really worked out why as yet.
Because Protestants have the majority and they fiddled the election boundaries a long time ago.

Protestants ruled Northern Ireland with an iron fist.

All the troubles started in the 1960s because Catholics had no jobs, no good housing, no workers union representation, no police representation, no judges, no MPs.

It was a Protestant stitch up.

The IRA were evil and despicable but they had their reasons.

Anyone who visits Belfast today will be shocked to STILL see armored cars patrolling the streets, barriers still in place separating the communities (they are closed every night at dusk).

Sinn Fein are not going to be happy with the DUP having influence on Government.
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 10.06.17 22:25

@BlueBag

The IRA were evil and despicable but they had their reasons.
----------------------------------
In a 'nutshell'

FOR ALMOST 50 YEARS, the infamous B-Specials, a bigoted and sectarian loyalist police force, carried out a reign of terror against the nationalist population of the North.

The British Army was 'sent in' to Ulster to 'protect' the Catholics, from the 'B-Specials' who in 'collusion' with 'paramilitaries' were 'burning out and discriminating against the Catholics'

They didn't do 'a good job' so the IRA said 'if you won't protect them, we will'

And did.

The British Army then 'sided' with the 'Proddies'

And the rest, as they say, is 'history'.

Ref: http://www.anphoblacht.com/contents/25710

The B-Specials – Unionism’s stormtroopers

ANTI-CATHOLIC POGROMS**

The B-Specials were responsible for anti-Catholic pogroms in every decade from the 1920s to the 1960s, and were heavily involved in the attempts to smash the civil rights movement of 1968-69, as well as the attacks on the nationalist areas of Belfast, Newry, Derry and other areas in the North in August 1969.

Duke Street 1968 RUC attack

With the eyes of the world focused on events in the North during the summer of 1969, however, the blatant sectarianism of the force became an embarrassment to Britain and in October the B-Specials were disbanded and a new armed loyalist force, the Ulster Defence Regiment, replaced them.

Former B-Special members joined the UDR en masse and the change, in effect, only meant a change of name and uniform for the bigots of Northern loyalism.

The first batch of B-Specials began patrols in Belfast and in other cities and towns in the North on 4 February 1921 – 95 years ago this week.

**Pogrom.......... is a Russian word designating an attack, accompanied by destruction, looting of property, murder, and r*pe, perpetrated by one section of the population against another.

Here endeth the 'lesson'

jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.06.17 22:26

@jeanmonroe wrote:I'll 'take' from 'aquila' that she is 'well happy' for 10 members of the Democratic Unionist Party to be 'cahoots' with the Tories, with 'possible' UK Government cabinet positions on 'offer', for the sake of 'democracy' and 'passing' laws that 'aquila' will abide by and 'obey' without hesitation'.

RHI, RHI, RHI.

Of course, I could well be wrong about the 'delightful', DUP but............

I just don't want 'anyone' MOANING about the Tories implementing 'stuff' they don't 'agree' with because all the things in the  Tory 'manifesto' have NOT been 'amended' not one iota, not one dot!

May WILL take away the school kids 'lunches'..........DON'T MOAN!

May will take away 'Granny's house' ( to pay 'for in-house care', she just didn't 'explain it' properly!)............DON'T MOAN!

May WILL stop 'winter fuel' allowances.............DON'T MOAN!

May WILL cancel the pensions 'triple lock'..............DON'T MOAN!

May WILL 'sell off' NHS 'buildings', shut A&E's and Hospitals................DON'T MOAN!

May WILL 'cut back' the Armed Forces/Police ('less' Police = 'less crime' says HS Amber Rudd, so presumeably, NO Police  = NO CRIME!)................DON'T MOAN!

DON'T MOAN..................PERIOD!

When all 'this' comes to pass!

DON'T 'MOAN'!

Mayocracy in 'action'!

@jeanmonroe     Peace  yes  There are some things we are never going to agree on  

2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 10.06.17 23:24

The DUP and their 'thoughts'

Evolution and creationism

The party counts a number of creationists among its senior members.

DUP assembly member for West Tyrone, Thomas Buchanan, last year endorsed an event promoting creationism to be “taught in every school”.

The event included presenting “the biblical case for the sound teaching of children” that will “offer helpful practical advice on how to counter evolutionary teaching”.

DUP politician Edwin Poots has expressed his views that the planet is a “young earth” created just 4,000 years ago.

“You’re telling me that cosmic balls of dust gathered and there was an explosion. We’ve had lots of explosions in Northern Ireland and I’ve never seen anything come out of that that was good,” he told the Radio Times.
--------------------------------------

"........promoting creationism to be “taught in every school”............just 'one' of their 'demands' on May, to keep her 'propped up'?

jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.06.17 23:34

@jeanmonroe wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/petition-tory-against-deal-dup-10597255

Petition against Tory-DUP deal gains HALF A MILLION signatures as backlash grows against Theresa May

More than 500,000 people have signed a petition which calls on the Tories not to do a deal with Northern Ireland's DUP in order to form a government in the first 12 hours.

Half a million people have added their names to the document which also calls for Theresa May to resign after she failed to win a parliamentary majority.
-----------------------------

REPLY:  Actually there are two similar petitions on the petition site Change.Org, which by the way is an extreme left-wing petition site that only promotes left-wing causes.

I am very concerned about the language used in these two petitions.

For a start, very little of the factual content in their wording is true.

But far worse than that is the sheer demonisaition of the Democratic Unionist Party and its majority Unionist/Loyalist population of Northern Ireland. Criticism is one thing. But the extreme vitriol used against the D.U.P. and the outright lies about them is absolutely reminiscent of the tactics used by Hitler's Nazis in the 1930s to demonise and dehumanise Jews.

And yet when I checked a few minutes ago, some 650,000 had signed both petitions. I am quite sure that the majority of those who have signed these petitions know nothing about the D.U.P. and its supporters - and simply believe the utter lies put out by Change.Org.

Below are the two petitions, with my brief comments in blue:

Petition 1

Theresa May said there will NOT be a coalition of CHAOS.

She has TODAY agreed a 'confidence' deal with the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP)

Here is a list of DUP stances, in case you need a reminder:

The DUP want to make it legal to discriminate against anyone from the LGBT community.

REPLY: Completely untrue, expect that they are opposed to legalising same-sex marriage in Northern Ireland. In this, they reflect the views of the majority in Northern Ireland. 

The DUP want children to be taught creationism as scientific fact.

REPLY: NO. Just ONE of their MPs has suggested this - and actually, what he called for was the eminently sensible suggestion that children should be taught the scientific facts for and against each of the rival theories of origins. Evolution is NOT a fact, it is merely a theory, and in a recent survey in Britain, half of the population did not believe in the theory.      .  

The DUP want no woman to have access to any type of abortion, and furthermore criminalise anyone offering or seeking that service.

The DUP want to bring back the death penalty.

REPLY: What this amounts to is that six years ago, in 2011, in response to the anguished cries of the families of people who had been murdered, they called for a debate in the House of Commons in restoring the death penalty. In that, they failed. And...er, that's it. Except to add that most surveys show that around half of British people would like to see the option of the death penalty restored.    

Theresa May should RESIGN. This is a disgusting, desperate attempt to stay in power.

REPLY: Why on earth should she resign? As the leader of the party with by far the largest number of seats, she is fully entitled to form a government and has the Queen's authority to do so. 

Petition 2

The Democratic Unionist Party won 10 seats in the 2017 General Election and 1.5% of the vote. Now they are going to prop up the UK Government.

REPLY: They won half of the vote in North Ireland.

Having warned us against a 'coalition of chaos', Theresa May is now pursuing exactly that. Having warned against too much 'tolerance' of religious extremism, she is now espousing exactly that.

REPLY: What is the evidence that the D.U.P. espouse 'religious extremism'?

The DUP are ideological dinosaurs - actively, harmfully, homophobic, sexist, deniers of science, and pursuing a catastrophic hard division with ROI following Brexit. They are populist, sectarian right wingers with strong historical links to paramilitarism. demanding no special circumstances despite the fact that Ireland clearly is a special circumstance. We've used this election to make our voices heard but the fight does not stop here. Please sign and share to show that you will not rest on your laurels and continue to fight for a more progressive and compassionate government and society.

REPLY: Here's that list again:

actively, harmfully, homophobic,
actively, harmfully sexist,
actively, harmfully deniers of science,
pursuing a catastrophic hard division with ROI [Republic of Ireland] following Brexit.  populist,
sectarian right wingers
strong historical links to paramilitarism.

REPLY: 'Homophobic' means being 'afraid of homosexuals'. I am sure that no D.U.P. MP is afraid of homosexuals and very very few people anywhere on the U.K. are 'afraid of homosexuals'. Where is the evidence that the D.U.P. are 'sexist'? Their leader is a woman!

They do NOT 'deny science'. ONE of them doubts evolution theory, while another doubts the theory of man-made global warming. There are plenty of scientists out there who reject the theory of man-made global warming on scientific grounds.  

===

The language of Change.Org is the language of hate, and takes us back to the tactics of Hitler's National Socialists which led to the attempted genocide of the Jews.

By all means criticise people, including the D.U.P. But do so on fair grounds. Do not demonise and lie about them, as Change,Org do         

2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.06.17 23:53

@jeanmonroe wrote:The DUP and their 'thoughts'

Evolution and creationism

DUP politician Edwin Poots has expressed his views that the planet is a “young earth” created just 4,000 years ago.

“You’re telling me that cosmic balls of dust gathered and there was an explosion. We’ve had lots of explosions in Northern Ireland and I’ve never seen anything come out of that that was good,” he told the Radio Times.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

REPLY:  Actually, he said 'created about 4,000 BC' i.e. 6,000 years ago, and a huge amount of scientific data support that date, both for the creation of the earth and for the rest of the universe.

Poots is totally right about explosions: they produce chaos not order. What we see in the universe is an ordered universe, which  obeys certain scientific laws. And if we look with an unprejudiced eye at the created world, we will surely see overwhelming evidence of design everywhere. Which came first? - the flower that produces pollen, or the bees that use the pollen to make honey? Both must have been created at the same time. Which came first: the butterfly, the larvae. the caterpillar or the chrysalis? - or did a master Creator design this truly awesome process? And which came first - the chicken, or the egg? -  a question that no evolutionist can ever answer.

We should surely allow children to see the scientific facts relating to origins and let them make up their own minds on the evidence.

But, no. In 2013, the National Curriculum was changed so that children from 8 years old should be taught, quote:

“Pupils should be taught to…recognise that living things have changed over time and that fossils provide information about living things that inhabited the earth millions of years ago”.

Why should children not also hear the views of those scientists who say that the scientific evidence does not support evolution andf supports creation? 

That's all that Eswin Poots wants to achieve. Surely on this forum we are all against indoctrination - and want our children to be told about alternative views, and the evidence for each theory?

Otherwise we are in danger of moving towards totalitarianism.     

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne on 11.06.17 6:55

Thank you Tony for your enlightening and, as always, informative posts.

Once again we are in a time similar to the post-referendum where unhappy folk will resort to scare tactics and deliberate untruths in an effort to make their argument stronger.

Once again the democratic UK have had their chance, voted and we have a result. What will be will be, let's just get on with it and leave the toys in the pram
polyenne

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 11.06.17 7:47

I see on The Sunday Times front page there are calls for Boris Johnson to challenge May.

There are calls for a "softer Brexit for business".

When did business have a say over the will of the people?

A softer Brexit will NOT have immigration controls - that is for sure because business wants a cheap pool of desperate malleable workers. 

This is a long hard fight, it won't be the this Government that gets us out of Europe - they have been dishonest throughout.

Boris Johnson who strangely became self-appointed leader of the leave campaign is not a real leaver.

None of them are.
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne on 11.06.17 8:33

YI notice in the poll that I saw that by the far the greater majority, 43%, didn't know who should replace May. And no mention of Rees-Mogg.

BoJo ? You're having a HoHo
polyenne

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 11.06.17 9:35

Get'emGonçalo

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire25 on 11.06.17 9:39

@polyenne wrote:YI notice in the poll that I saw that by the far the greater majority, 43%, didn't know who should replace May. And no mention of Rees-Mogg.

BoJo ? You're having a HoHo
Which poll was it? I notice that JRM has posted a screenshot of the PollStation poll on his instagram page so I wonder if he is considering a leadership bid when the time comes.

Claire25

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire25 on 11.06.17 9:45

The I was reading up on N Ireland last night and found this:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2008/jun/12/northernireland.terrorism

So Labour have previously gone to the DUP for support also.  

The DUP weren't on my ballot paper but neither were the SNP who Labour would have united with.

Claire25

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire25 on 11.06.17 10:31

True colours are showing now, he's happy to derail Brexit just to try and get into No.10.  This will be his downfall, people don't like their democratic choice being questioned.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/11/jeremy-corbyn-vows-vote-queens-speech-topple-theresa-may/?WT.mc_id=tmgoff_fb_tmg

[size=39]Jeremy Corbyn vows to vote down Queen's Speech to topple Theresa May as he calls for second election

[/size]

11 JUNE 2017 • 9:39AM
[size=70]Jeremy Corbyn has vowed to vote down the Government's Queen's Speech and put forward his own instead in a bid to topple Theresa May and return a Labour Government to Downing Street as he called for a second general election.[/size]
Following a surprising result in the poll last week which saw the Labour leader win 40 per cent of the vote but fall short of a majority in Parliament Mr Corbyn has said he will not give up his bid for power. 

Claire25

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 11.06.17 13:31

As I don't seem to know 'anything' about NI 'politics'...............I'll not 'say anything' about 'this'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4593224/DUP-supporters-want-PM-sanction-banned-Orange-march.html

Supporters of Ian Paisley party (DUP) want Theresa May to sanction banned flashpoint Orange Order march as part of support deal
The Orange Order have been banned from the Garvaghy Road since July 1998
Loyalist marchers want to parade from Drumcree church past nationalist homes
Three children were killed in an arson attack in July 1998 amid violent scenes
A protest has been held every Sunday since the march was banned in July 1998

DUP supporters have urged the party to demand action on a banned loyalist march as the price of voting for Theresa May's minority government.
The Portadown Loyal Orange Lodge, who have been banned from marching down the Garvaghy Road in Portadown for more than a decade, want that decision overturned.
The organisation has been banned from marching through the nationalist area following repeated riots during the late 1990s and early 2000s which culminated in the murder of three young children after their house was firebombed.

June 2017: Orange Order calls on the DUP to raise the ban with PM Theresa May as part of the talks to save her government

'No comment'

Except to 'say'..............I might have 'told you so'!

'LOL' in this 'context' does not 'mean'........ 'laugh out loud/lots of love'..... it means Loyal Orange Lodge.

Ref: My 'post' yesterday at 3:08pm in this 'topic'.

As I asked, yesterday, 'WHAT could possibly go WRONG'?

jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
McCanns apt & hire car

Blood and cadaver alerts
dismissed by UK Government

Retired DCI Gonçalo Amaral: "The English can always present the conclusions to which they themselves arrived in 2007. Because they know, they have the evidence of what happened - they don't need to investigate anything. All this is now a mere 'show off'."

Retired murder DCI Colin Sutton: "I would also like to make the point that Operation Grange was so restricted from the start as to be destined to fail."

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley made public on national TV that Operation Grange is a complete fraud.

Ex-DCI Andy Redwood had a "revelation moment" on BBC's Crimewatch on 14th October 2013 when he announced that Operation Grange had eliminated the Tanner sighting - which opened up the 'window of opportunity', in accordance with their remit, to allow the fake abduction to happen.

Despite "irrelevant behaviour" from blood and cadaver dogs in the McCann's apartment, on Kate McCann's clothes, and in the car they hired three weeks after Maddie disappeared, Ex-Chief Inspector, Ian Horrocks, said: "The thought that Kate and Gerry McCann had anything to do with the death of their daughter is frankly preposterous."

Gerry McCann called for example to be made of 'trolls'. SKY News reporter Martin Brunt doorstepped Brenda Leyland on 2 October 2014. She was then found dead in a Leicester hotel room. Brenda paid the price. She paid with her life.

Ex-Deputy Chief Constable, Jim Gamble QPM, congratulated SKY reporter, Martin Brunt, on twitter for doorstepping Brenda Leyland on behalf of Gerry McCann.

Prime Minister Theresa May introduces Prime Suspect Kate McCann to Royalty: The Duchess of Gloucester.

Good Cop Down: The reality of being a police whistleblower
https://goodcopdown.wordpress.com/