The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

UK GP?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UK GP?

Post by Basil with a brush on 13.03.17 20:26

I have tried a search here under 'Medical records' and could not find it. I may have missed it, so apologies.

Can somebody educate me in who this little girl's GP was/is in the UK?

Unsure of the law regarding this, I was directed in my internet search to the GMC guidelines where I found something along the lines of 'Where possible we don't advise treating your family members.'

It didn't actually tell me if it was legal or otherwise if your family member can be registered under your care if you are the GP.

I'm still under the impression that the Portuguese were denied access to her medical records. Is that still the case today?

Back to top Go down

Re: UK GP?

Post by Basil with a brush on 14.03.17 1:41

Much obliged Doc. I'll make that my morning read.

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo on 14.03.17 17:09

It is illegal, and also morally wrong btw

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil with a brush on 14.03.17 18:02

Agreed Roxyroo. 

I had already read that link to the PJ files that 'Whats_up_doc?' so kindly posted here. Unless I'm missing a link to some other documentation and report, it was just a mere one page at most. And a little vague to say the least.

The GP doesn't appear to have had much contact at all with a girl of almost four. Now, I'm no panic pants or overly worried parent. Nor is my ex wife, but we had several visits concerning our daughter, our first child, within a similar time frame. Maybe I'm wrong to suspect, they being doctors, that they trusted their own diagnosis concerning any issues or worries that may have crept up regarding her health.

Her medical history, or lack of it, concerns me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.03.17 18:17

Hey Basil - Madeleine moved quite a lot in her short life, she moved from Queniborough to Amsterdam back to Queniborough and then to Rothley. All this is in Kate's book so it is common knowledge she was happy to share. I think this could be relevant here. The link k I sent was very innocuous - just  a character reference from a GP. I wouldn't share anything inappropriate!

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil with a brush on 14.03.17 19:23

Thanks 'Doc'. Haven't been able to bring myself to read her book up until now. Maybe I should at some point. 

You don't strike me as the type who would post anything inappropriate.

When you say "I think this is relevant here." Are you referring to the often movement of the family? Or because she mentions the moves in her book? Or just her medical records in general, like myself in regards to this case?

I work nights and not sure quite what day it is sometimes. Please take this into consideration if I appear slow to pick things up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.03.17 19:47

Well I'm taking a punt here Basil but as the family moved around a lot - even before the moves I've already mentioned, Kate and Gerry lived in Glasgow and then New Zealand and then back to Glasgow again - so I don't think they would have established meaningful relationships with GPs because they were not in any one place long enough. I found the book pretty predictable but the most interesting section for me was about the family's early life together, which I have to say was very difficult from Kate's account - lots of upheaval and difficulties and sadness - I might do a post for all of those who haven't read the book as it's definitely another piece to the puzzle and certainly added to my understanding.

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 14.03.17 23:10

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

....is an autobiographical novel - or chiclit you could say.  This is reflected in the presentation of the title, it can be seen without dipute, madeleine lower case and KATE McCANN upper case - some say you can't judge a book by it's cover but there is always an exception to the rule.

If you read between the lines of the prevailing me myself I, the poetic licence, you will find it to be that 'innocent explanation for anything the police might find' as so aptly phrased by the McCanns chief PR mogul come spin doctor - Clarence Mitchell.

The book is a nonsense omnibus - a ripping yarn, totally unconvincing but nonetheless a very damning exposé of a guilty complex.

Doctors Phil Hussey and Ian Schofield were interviewed during the rogatory process at the request of the McCanns.  This is snipped from the PJ files by way of confirmation..

Group 6 (Professionals who can confirm that there was no abnormality in the way Kate and Gerry treated their children)

Dr. Phil Hussey, with address at ...
Dr Ian Schofield, with address at ...

They were required as character witnesses, not to provide detail of the health records of Madeleleine, the twins or the parents themselves.  Their statements added nothing to the investigation of any importance other than an indication of a personal relationship between the doctors four.  Most likely the reason why the McCanns were so particular about their being interviewed a witnesses.

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 14.03.17 23:22

Or, as PeterMac sums it up: Prosecution Exhibit 1  

I love that description ! titter
Get'emGonçalo

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil with a brush on 15.03.17 2:09

@Verdi. Wonderful book review, thank you. Most off-putting thing about that cover is the little green sticker.

@What's_up_doc?  If you could at some point post that section you described above, I'd be most grateful. I will endeavour to read it on your recommendation.....although not, after I've eaten.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.03.17 7:25

Hey Basil I've posted about Madeleine's early years in the book section. I've called it 'Madeleine - the First Few Years.' Let me know what you think!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum