The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

OPERATION GRANGE GIVEN £85,000 FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS - Page 2 Mm11

OPERATION GRANGE GIVEN £85,000 FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

OPERATION GRANGE GIVEN £85,000 FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS - Page 2 Mm11

OPERATION GRANGE GIVEN £85,000 FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS - Page 2 Regist10

OPERATION GRANGE GIVEN £85,000 FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OPERATION GRANGE GIVEN £85,000 FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS - Page 2 Empty Re: OPERATION GRANGE GIVEN £85,000 FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS

Post by Cmaryholmes 12.03.17 7:39

Tony Bennett wrote:Cressida Dick's been in post as Met Commissioner for just two weeks...and now this:

"...police who now reveal they are closing in on her kidnapper".

Wow!  10 years and nothing. Dick gets the top job and a fortnight later, here we are with the kidnapper about to be arrested and charged!

MrsMrs
CONGRATULATIONS MET POLICE!! high5

CONGRATULATIONS OPERATION GRANGE!!  high5 and

CONGRATULATIONS CRESSIDA!! high5
Huzzah for the new Common Purpose educated, much decorated, beacon of feminist achievement, Cressida! I hope the 'kidnapper' ( yeah, right)  upon whom the Met is 'closing in',isn't looking nervous, using his mobile phone, or getting on and off buses, otherwise we all know what could happen to him with this lady in charge. The family of Jean Charles de Menezes must be disgusted by her promotion. If she had any integrity she would have resigned, not push herself forward for the glitteringly prizes.
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

OPERATION GRANGE GIVEN £85,000 FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS - Page 2 Empty Re: OPERATION GRANGE GIVEN £85,000 FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS

Post by Guest 12.03.17 7:46

This is just a farce now.

What the hell is this really all about?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 12.03.17 8:00

The Daily Mirror article 11th March 2017 posted by jeanmonroe strikes me as a bit odd. Accidentally on purpose ?

the fund could now be wiped out as the couple, both doctors, face a reported £400,000 legal bill."

followed by

"The McCanns could also be forced to use money from the fund to pay private detectives if a Home Office grant for the Met Police investigation, is not renewed in August."

The impression it gives me is that the McCanns just give a shrug of the shoulders before handing the Fund money over to lawyers, but have to be pressured  / forced to dip into the Fund when a search for Madeleine is on the cards. 
justagrannynow
justagrannynow

Activity : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 12.03.17 8:11

C'mon, look on the bright side. At least this kidnapper can't be dead if the police are closing in on him/her.  There are so many suspects they can use to interview then discard in order to keep the farce going, but I just hope they choose the Australian millionairess with the private yacht. Someone who can sue the pants off them  Mrs
justagrannynow
justagrannynow

Activity : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC 12.03.17 8:19

Not sure how to grab all the comments but this one has 1987 likes (also 1265 dislikes)! Amazed it hasn't been 'whooshed'. Shocked

Rocket54321, London, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago

Yes no need for the money I can tell you for free it was them That paid to get rid of her

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4305014/McCanns-given-85-000-boost-fund-Madeleine-search.html#ixzz4b677Poeb

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay
MrsC
MrsC

Activity : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.03.17 8:24

Yes no need for the money I can tell you for free it was them That paid to get rid of her

If "them" is the McCanns then that is completely libelous and I would have voted "dislike".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 12.03.17 8:42

Can I just confirm because the whole situation still baffles me - Operation Grange does not have any powers to arrest or charge anyone in connection with Madeleine's disappearance, as it is a review and NOT an open investigation?
If that is the case I'm not sure what the point of all these articles are. If all they can do is make suggestions or recommendations to Portuguese police then the amount of funding allocated seems extraordinary.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 12.03.17 9:16

The Daily Express has reported this, the police have said they wont comment on an ongoing investigation - so who reported it to the paper?

They have narrowed it down to one person in the area - does that mean that the two men who were featured in the crime watch programme have been ruled out?

Those two plus this other person makes three people possibly in the area.   It just does not make sense to me at all and I do not believe the police have divulged this info.

IIRC we heard that there was a last throw of the dice about six months ago, now it is reported there is another last throw of the dice.   HUH?

When are we going to see a photofit of this person,  if this person is being looked for internationally then a photo for public info. might help?

sighhhhhhhh

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 12.03.17 9:22

Total rubbish.
Invented story, to cover up what is really happening.

We know, because we can observe
They are NOT looking for Madeleine - Alive
They are NOT looking for Madeleine - Dead
They are NOT interviewing suspects in Portugal
They are NOT interviewing suspects in England
They are NOT interviewing witnesses in Portugal
They are NOT interviewing witnesses in England

Clarence Mitchell is still their spokesman, despite the report that he had been dismissed.  That was clearly a Lie.

Operation Grange is NOT telling anyone anything.

BUT Grange would have had to submit a hefty report, with details of what they have done so far 
and details of what they are intending to do in the next 6 months to get any further funding at all, from anyone.
The Met is on its knees for funding.   C-Dick said so when she was announced as the new Commissioner.
The Home Office is under huge pressure to increase funding for policing and Prisons,

That report from Nicola Wall must have been an absolute belter !

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41402

Back to top Go down

Post by JulieC 12.03.17 9:38

That comment appears to have been removed.

The Met are no nearer now than they were nearly 10 years ago. It's disgusting so much money has been thrown at this investigation. 

Kerry Needham must wonder what she's done wrong to deserve such a second class search fund to this pair.

I despair, I really do.
JulieC

Activity : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 12.03.17 9:44

All threads of the same topic have been merged.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41402

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 12.03.17 9:49

How can the media blatantly lie like this and constantly get away with it? where is the direct quote from police saying they are investigating one particular person?  There isn't any such confirmation!
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 12.03.17 9:58

@Get'emGonçalo Today at 9:22 am

Total rubbish.
-----------------------------------------------

My two 'thoughts'

1) Bring out 'fireshield' Madeleine to 'divert' from Tory government 'mayhem' coming this week  i.e. 'Brexit, self employed NI 'row'/broken manifesto 'promise', 'cuts' to everything'

or

2) To 'point out' the Mcs have 'siphoned off' £500,000 FROM the official FMF, into an 'unknown' fund, and have the public question WHY aren't THEY providing the  £85,000 'funding', to 'search' for their child.

They have 'access' to £500,000.......'on tap'
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 12.03.17 10:31

From the 'mail' article:

Mrs May had come to their rescue in April 2016 granting police an extra £95,000 to help keep the search going.

And now, a financial year on, her predecessor Home Secretary Amber Rudd has approved an extra £85,000 till early October – a noticeable £10,000 less after this week's Budget woes.
--------------------------------

It would 'appear' to have 'slipped' the Mail's 'mind', that A Fudd also 'slipped' OG £100,000 in UK taxpayer 'funding' from October 2016-April 2017!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/711761/Madeline-McCann-Fresh-cash-lifeline-search-missing-child-scotland-yard

So not JUST the £95,000 + £85,000 'quoted' is it?
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 12.03.17 10:34

I can’t begin to know what is going on with OG. However, I am “not buying” this latest story about a “single person” who the police “want to talk to”. Knowing what I know about journalists, and how they operate, it is a know fact, to those who have worked in this field, that when journalists can’t get any information about a particular story, they will invent half-truths. There are many reasons for them doing this, but one example is, that they plaster stories across the front pages - when in fact they have nothing of significance to report – HOPING that they can stir up a reaction from those they hope to get some news from, and I believe that OG isn’t biting.

As for the “£85,000”  new money, this is just a drop in the ocean, compared to the £12 million already spent.  I think there is method behind madness, but wouldn’t like to hazard a guess what that is. However, the continuation of OG  seems to be preventing the McCanns from carrying out their own “search”. Is this intentional?

Answers on a post card, please! titter
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 12.03.17 10:40

plebgate wrote:
They have narrowed it down to one person in the area - does that mean that the two men who were featured in the crime watch programme have been ruled out?

Those two plus this other person makes three people possibly in the area.   It just does not make sense to me at all and I do not believe the police have divulged this info.

When are we going to see a photofit of this person,  if this person is being looked for internationally then a photo for public info. might help?

Most articles state that SY are looking for a person who is key to the mystery, not specifically a kidnapper, so it could be a witness? 

It could be someone who worked for the Ocean Club or at the Tapas, one of six cleaners in a white van or possibly someone who was a teenager at the time who told another teenager they had seen or heard something? It could be someone who has already given a statement and doesn't realise the importance of what they know. Someone who could place a suspect in a particular location at a particular time? Know something the police can now match with some other information (not necessarily on May 3rd) ? 

If SY are searching internationally for this person, and need continued funds to do so, that suggests to me that this person is not well known to police, if they were, for example, a serial offender, or dead, the police would be able to locate them fairly easily.

Also, if they were looking for a suspect, you might expect they would wish to trace this person with some urgency and issue a photo or description to the media, SY wouldn't want to do so if they were looking for a witness?

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 12.03.17 10:45

Anyone more who think's they are doing this because to "hide the money" so the Portuguese court can't reach them?

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 12.03.17 10:48

@sallypelt

Answers on a post card, please!
--------------------------

Dear Sally,
How's the weather back in good ol' Blighty?
It's gorgeous here, on the beach, in Barbados.
Clarrie looks like a pink lobster!
Have OG found our missing daughter yet?
Lots of love,
K and G.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by 23 Librae 12.03.17 10:55

It's all very odd. Why is there always money available for this 'investigation'?

Does anyone think there is any element of blackmail or hush money involved?

Why would it cost £85,000 to talk to a person of interest? I could travel the world a few times with that much money (budgeting wisely of course). 

*Scratches head*
23 Librae
23 Librae

Activity : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingercat 12.03.17 10:56

£85,000 is a lot of money to ordinary people (3 or 4 times the average wage) but realistically it is a very small amount to run a police investigation of any size for a further 6 months. It works out at about £3,500 per week.

It looks to me that IF this story is true, they are either (a) winding up or (b) delaying.

If winding up - with what outcome we wonder?

If delaying - why, and why for 6 months?
Gingercat
Gingercat

Activity : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 12.03.17 11:16

-------------------------------

Because, maybe, the McS still have 'a sort of appeal/complaint', against PSC 'judges', still 'running' in Portugal?
-----------------------------------

PDL 'resident' (2014)............ "The MET always turns up, when the sun starts to shine".
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 12.03.17 11:25

Gingercat wrote:£85,000 is a lot of money to ordinary people (3 or 4 times the average wage) but realistically it is a very small amount to run a police investigation of any size for a further 6 months. It works out at about £3,500 per week.

It looks to me that IF this story is true, they are either (a) winding up or (b) delaying.

If winding up - with what outcome we wonder?

Because they need to wait for the Portuguese Supreme Court?

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 12.03.17 11:27

jeanmonroe wrote:If delaying - why, and why for 6 months?
-------------------------------

Because, maybe, the McS still have 'a sort of appeal/complaint', against PSC 'judges', still 'running' in Portugal?
Maybe the Police want to find a body?

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 12.03.17 11:38

suzyjohnson wrote:
plebgate wrote:

Most articles state that SY are looking for a person who is key to the mystery, not specifically a kidnapper, so it could be a witness? 

It could be someone who worked for the Ocean Club or at the Tapas, one of six cleaners in a white van or possibly someone who was a teenager at the time who told another teenager they had seen or heard something? It could be someone who has already given a statement and doesn't realise the importance of what they know. Someone who could place a suspect in a particular location at a particular time? Know something the police can now match with some other information (not necessarily on May 3rd) ? 

If SY are searching internationally for this person, and need continued funds to do so, that suggests to me that this person is not well known to police, if they were, for example, a serial offender, or dead, the police would be able to locate them fairly easily.

Also, if they were looking for a suspect, you might expect they would wish to trace this person with some urgency and issue a photo or description to the media, SY wouldn't want to do so if they were looking for a witness?
Exactly. And if OG know who this person is why is it going to take up to September and 85.000 to interview them? 
If they know who it is just go and get them. 
I trust that their Portuguese counterparts are also aware of this person who is going to solve the crime of the century.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Patience 12.03.17 11:50

Get'emGonçalo wrote:Total rubbish.

We know, because we can observe
They are NOT looking for Madeleine - Alive
They are NOT looking for Madeleine - Dead
They are NOT interviewing suspects in Portugal
They are NOT interviewing suspects in England
They are NOT interviewing witnesses in Portugal
They are NOT interviewing witnesses in England

Clarence Mitchell is still their spokesman, despite the report that he had been dismissed.  That was clearly a Lie.

Operation Grange is NOT telling anyone anything.

BUT Grange would have had to submit a hefty report, with details of what they have done so far 
and details of what they are intending to do in the next 6 months to get any further funding at all, from anyone.
The Met is on its knees for funding.   C-Dick said so when she was announced as the new Commissioner.
The Home Office is under huge pressure to increase funding for policing and Prisons,

That report from Nicola Wall must have been an absolute belter !

I agree.

A Met Police spokesperson confirmed the Home Office had approved the extra funding to continue inquiries for another six months. But he refused to say if they were now trying to quiz one final Portuguese suspect, simply saying: 'We are cracking on. The Operation Grange team are not prepared to discuss any lines of inquiry while the investigation is ongoing.'
Patience
Patience

Activity : 257

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top