The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

'QUOTE OF THE DAY'

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 'QUOTE OF THE DAY'

Post by Verdi on 01.02.17 13:05

madeleine by KATE MCCANN continued..

Gerry and I talked about taking legal action against Gonçalo Amaral but we had concerns about the time and effort this would involve. We did not want to be diverted from our own investigation just as we had put the restrictions of the case behind us and we feared that any resolution through the Portuguese courts would take too long.  For the moment we hoped the fuss would die down and Amaral would let up.
-----

As 2008 drew to a close, Gonçalo Amaral was still parading his unsavoury theories around Portugal and beyond. By the autumn it had become clear that he was not going to go away. We were beginning to realize that the harm being done to our search for Madeleine, especially in Portugal, was outweighing our reluctance to be distracted from it. We needed to put a stop to this serious damage. We had already spoken to our legal team on several occasions about taking action and knew that the only way of assessing our chances of success would be to seek advice from a Portuguese libel lawyer.
-----

For his next trick, Amaral produced a ‘documentary’ based on his book, which was screened in Portugal on 13 April. A friendin Luz who phoned to tell us about it the next day was very upset, describing it as ‘awful’.

I’ve always been considered quite a gentle person but these attacks stirred up terrible emotions in me. It was as if my whole body was trying to scream but a tightly screwed-on lid was preventing the scream from escaping. Instead I was just howling internally. My punch bag certainly came in handy at times. Amaral’s documentary was the last straw. On 20 April we took the decision with Isabel Duarte to sue him
-----

Amaral’s appeal was heard in December in Lisbon, over five days that ended up being spread over three consecutive months.  Gerry and I felt it was important, essential even, for us to attend to represent Madeleine.  She needed somebody there for her.

She was the victim in this, not Gonçalo Amaral. I also needed to see the whites of Sr Amaral’s eyes.
-----

Not sure how I feel about seeing Mr Amaral – for the first time ever, I hasten to add!  I know I’m not scared but that man has caused us so much upset and anger because of how he has treated my beautiful Madeleine and the search to find her. He deserves to be miserable and feel fear
-----

And so it was that on 11 December 2009 I first laid eyes on Sr Gonçalo Amaral. It was also the first time he had laid eyes on me. It is extraordinary that he could have said and written so many awful things about a person he had never met. He had obviously spruced himself up in recent months. The moustache, gold chain and bulging tummy familiar to me from unflattering newspaper photographs were nowhere to be seen. Now he was sporting a smart haircut, nice suit and hat, and – an intriguing touch – a diamond earring.

I wasn’t afraid, but I admit that my heart beat a little harder and I clutched my wooden holding cross tightly as he walked past, flanked by his entourage. Here was the person who had been entrusted with finding our little girl and who had failed her – not simply by being unable to find her when he was in charge, but by then speaking out in a way that in effect hindered other people, ourselves included, from finding her.

I couldn’t stop staring at him. It was as if I were trying to look inside his head. If the intensity of a stare could penetrate bone, I’m sure I would have managed it. What made this man tick? How did he rationalize his behaviour? How did he manage to sleep at night?
-----

The end!

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer on 01.02.17 14:45

I just picked a few quotes from the last two posts 

"Talking more and more openly to journalists and turning up on TV chat shows " Hmm sounds familiar !!

Amarals posturing ... Really ??

"Why on earth would a former police officer want to convince the world a missing child was dead- with no evidence whatsoever to support his claim ?" Woof woof Kate !

Promoting his forthcoming book to cash in on our misfortune - Err didn't you do the same ?

"For his next trick Amaral produced a " documentary "  - Didn't you do the same ??

"I'd always been considered quite a gentle person - my punch bag certainly came in handy at times !" Talking about Gerry Kate ?

"He deserves to be miserable and feel fear" - Like your daughter did ??

" An intriguing touch - a diamond earing " - Love your earings don't you !

"Who had failed her " The ones who were supposed to love her the most !

"How did he manage to sleep at night ?" - Well you did within a few days of your daughter going missing !

Yes Kate It does beggar belief doesn't it!
sandancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 01.02.17 15:23

@sandancer wrote:I just picked a few quotes from the last two posts 

"Talking more and more openly to journalists and turning up on TV chat shows " Hmm sounds familiar !!

Amarals posturing ... Really ??

"Why on earth would a former police officer want to convince the world a missing child was dead- with no evidence whatsoever to support his claim ?" Woof woof Kate !

Promoting his forthcoming book to cash in on our misfortune - Err didn't you do the same ?

"For his next trick Amaral produced a " documentary "  - Didn't you do the same ??

"I'd always been considered quite a gentle person - my punch bag certainly came in handy at times !" Talking about Gerry Kate ?

"He deserves to be miserable and feel fear" - Like your daughter did ??

" An intriguing touch - a diamond earing " - Love your earings don't you !

"Who had failed her " The ones who were supposed to love her the most !

"How did he manage to sleep at night ?" - Well you did within a few days of your daughter going missing !

Yes Kate It does beggar belief doesn't it!
eyebrows  thumbsup  Wondered who would spot that first!

Was trying to think of the word to describe that sort of behaviour but I had a mental block - all I could think of was attack is the best form of defence.

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 01.02.17 21:49

These words,

Here was the person who had been entrusted with finding our little girl and who had failed her – not simply by being unable to find her when he was in charge, but by then speaking out in a way that in effect hindered other people, ourselves included, from finding her.

Fail me!

How KM could,say this is beyond rationalisation IMO

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 01.02.17 23:52

Psychological Projection - Defence Mechanism

This involves individuals attributing their own thoughts, feeling and motives to another person.  Thoughts most commonly projected onto another are the ones that would cause guilt such as aggressive and sexual fantasies or thoughts.  For instance, you might hate someone, but your superego tells you that such hatred is unacceptable.  You can 'solve' the problem by believing that they hate you.
----------

The McCanns should be able to associate with that Freudian analysis.

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 01.02.17 23:56

At 9.50pm, I rang Clement [Freud]. ‘Come on round,’ he said. ‘It’ll be nice to see you. But you’ll have to forgive my night-time attire.’

We found Clement [Freud] watching a cookery programme, dressed, as promised, in his nightshirt.  It was so ordinary and comforting, a bit like going to see your grandad after a horrible day at school. He gave me one of his looks and a giant glass of brandy, and managed to get a smile out of me with his greeting:  ‘So, Kate, which of the devout Catholic, alcoholic, depressed,nymphomaniac parts is correct?’

His response to our catalogue of horrors was merely to raise an eyebrow. Clement [Freud] had his way of making everything seem a little less terrible. When he heard about the dogs, he remarked laconically, ‘So what are they going to do? Put them on the stand? One bark for yes, two for no?’  He was right, of course; it was ridiculous.
----------

Takes one to know one!

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 02.02.17 14:02

5th May 2007:

Philomena McCann: "The childcare facilities: you're leaving people with other folk that you don't know. Gerry and Kate are in a clear line of sight of their kids"
---------------------------------------------

Didn't take the McCan'ts 'too long' to bung the twins back into the 'creche', with other folk, they didn't know, did it?

The 'morning' of the 4th May 2007!

With an uncaught, unknown, 'paedo burglator' at 'large'!

jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by davek16 on 02.02.17 16:59

Is it just me or do many people on here just simply 'want' it to be the McCanns who perpetrated Madeleine's disappearance in order to feed some deep rooted fantasy of their own or what? Unless you found yourself in the McCann's position on April 3 2007, it would be difficult to predict how anyone would react and how those reactions might be perceived by others far removed from their situation. Much better, surely, to keep an open, non- judgemental approach. After all, mere speculation probably won't bring us any closer to finding out what really happened. And finally, there are abduction/murder/foul play cases that remain unsolved after several decades, so probably best to 'let it lie' until such time as Madeleine miraculously re-appears as a traumatised teenage hostage victim or a new lead is uncovered that leads to the identity and confession of the actual perpetrator. IMO it's more likely RIP Maddie and we never find out the truth.
davek16

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer on 02.02.17 17:58

I think it's just you pet  smilie

Plus any " deep rooted fantasy " I may or may not have are not being revealed on here   angel

Let it lie ! Not a chance pet

Back to top Go down

Post by davek16 on 02.02.17 18:00

shame
davek16

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 02.02.17 18:09

@davek16 wrote:shame
Davek, I see you are a recent member. It would be a very small amd ultimately pointless forum if it was just a bunch of people saying 'Yes,that's my deep-rooted fantasy too..'

If you spent some time actually reading the police files, watching interviews, reading Petermac's book and Peter Hyatt's Statement Analysis, Richard D Hall and HiDeHo's videos, you might realise that the majority of posters here are seeking justice for a little girl, and their conclusions are based on facts.  Is that why you are here?
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 02.02.17 20:32

@davek16 wrote:Is it just me or do many people on here just simply 'want' it to be the McCanns who perpetrated Madeleine's disappearance in order to feed some deep rooted fantasy of their own or what?
Fear not - yes, it is just you.

I don't know how knowledgeable you are about this case but if you take the time to read the extensive input on this forum alone, you will begin to understand why so many people are sceptical.

If you are already familiar with the detail directly and indirectly associated with this case then feel free to express your rationale rather than introducing yourself with baseless comments about the forums general direction. Whatever your stance, I for one would be delighted to engage in an exchange of opinions with you - providing you do actually have a valid opinion.

thumbsup

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer on 02.02.17 20:43

Shame - yes pet 

Shame   a little girl never got to see her fourth birthday .

Shame  those who should have cared for her most failed her .

Shame they turned her disappearance into a money making media circus 

Shame. They never bothered to search for her 

Shame. The detective in charge , taken off the case and vilified along with his colleagues 

Shame     That same detective lost everything but remains with more dignity in his little finger than the parents have in their whole bodies.

Shame  Her brother and sister have to live with this hanging over their lives .

Back to top Go down

Post by empath on 02.02.17 20:55

@MayMuse wrote:These words,

Here was the person who had been entrusted with finding our little girl and who had failed her – not simply by being unable to find her when he was in charge, but by then speaking out in a way that in effect hindered other people, ourselves included, from finding her.

Fail me!

How KM could,say this is beyond rationalisation IMO
Not sure if anyones been in a relationship with a narcissist but this is a typical sign

Here was the person who had been entrusted with finding our little girl and who had failed her  HERE'S US 2 WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN LOOKING AFTER OUR LITTLE GIRL AND WE FAILED HER.

not simply by being unable to find her when he was in charge, but by then speaking out in a way that in effect hindered other people NOT SIMPLY BY BEING ABLE TO CATER FOR HER BASIC NEEDS AS HER PARENTS, BUT WE ALSO REFUSED TO ANSWER QUESTIONS THAT COULD HAVE HELPED FIND OUR MISSING DAUGHTER 

ourselves included, from finding her. THE POLICE MAINLY FROM FINDING HER.

This is typical of a narcissists behaviour, they blame others for their wrongs, they will not acknowledge the majority of people will say they were in the wrong they prefer to point fingers and reverse blame, they also become very nasty and vindictive when questioned.
empath

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnyT on 02.02.17 21:03

I'm sure the McCanns would have done themselves a big favour if they would have admitted that they were partly to blame for MBM being abducted (if she was of course). Instead all they did was antagonise people with their reactions.
                Of course the differences in statements and time scales haven't helped them either. Neither has 'going' for the man who was trying to help and do his job.
       Would you like me to go on...........?
JohnyT

JohnyT

Back to top Go down

Post by empath on 02.02.17 21:18

In all honesty, I think they will be back on the prowl to find people to sue again, the papers will be very areful what they print now, I dont have any money, if I did I wouldnt dare comment
empath

Back to top Go down

Post by empath on 02.02.17 22:34

Shame  those who should have cared for her most failed her . Still unproven              Wheres Maddie ?
empath

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 02.02.17 22:39

''Shame. They never bothered to search for her  Wrong''

Watch this , Davek and Kate will tell you herself..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YWCVSjIJk8
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer on 02.02.17 22:50

I see the post from davek containing my profile has gone . Thank you !

Shame.  lol! I was just about to ask him to provide his evidence of an abduction    smilie
sandancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 02.02.17 22:57

@sandancer wrote:I see the post from davek containing my profile has gone . Thank you !

Shame.  lol! I was just about to ask him to provide his evidence of an abduction    smilie
He's been booted out!

Get'emGonçalo

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 02.02.17 23:11

oh  shame!  spit coffee
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 02.02.17 23:12

Linda McQueen 

During 2007 I travelled to Portugal on 3 separate occasions: from 12 - 19 May; 26 - 29 June; and 19 - 26 August.

During the first week that I was in Portugal [12-19 May] Kate and Gerry were transported [driven] by representatives of Mark Warner.

Sandy Cameron was also there and possessed a hire car, but it was not the Renault Scenic that Gerry and Kate rented during the third week that I stayed with them in Portugal.

In the second week that I was there, I travelled [to Portugal] with Nicky Gill. We stayed with the Trish and Sandy in the apartment close to Kate and Gerry. On this occasion Gerry drove a hire car but I do not remember if it was the previous car of Sandy or the Renault scenic.
----------

This was snipped from Linda McQueen's witness statement by rogatory, taken on 7th May 2008.  She was named by the McCanns as a person to be interviewed by rogatory Group 5..

Group 5 (persons closely involved in the routine of Kate and Gerry in Portugal after the disappearance of Madeleine and their emotional state)

Sandy Cameron
Michael Wright
Clarence Mitchell
Linda McQueen
Nicky Gill
Justine McGuiness

Linda McQueen is a life long friend of Kate McCann.

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer on 02.02.17 23:14

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:
@sandancer wrote:I see the post from davek containing my profile has gone . Thank you !

He's been booted out!

Didn't last long did he !
You must have worn out a few pairs of boots !!   
thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by spacestar on 03.02.17 0:07

Kate McCann, days after Madeleine's disappearance outside the church in praia da Luz: "Keep praying for Madeleine, she's lovely".

I honestly can't say why, but I always found that statement to sound rather odd..
spacestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes on 03.02.17 6:49

@spacestar wrote:Kate McCann, days after Madeleine's disappearance outside the church in praia da Luz: "Keep praying for Madeleine, she's lovely".

I honestly can't say why, but I always found that statement to sound rather odd..
That is the only occasion I have seen where Kate seems genuinely distraught. My theory is, that as Catholics, knowing that Madeleine is dead, they believe she is in Purgatory. The only release , according to the doctrine, is by prayer. Whether the church still tells its members that large amounts of money have to be paid to allow their dead loved ones into heaven, I don't know.

Cmaryholmes

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum