The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Tennis balls photo

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tennis balls photo

Post by roz on 01.01.17 11:04

Re Tennis ball photo
I have looked at the ‘tennis balls photo’, and imo Madeleine’s t-shirt is on back-to-front. To me, this would indicate that the child has dressed herself at some point during that day. ie., after swimming/water activity.
So this photo could have been taken after water activity, and before their return to the apartment (as one of the parents would surely have noticed it (erm..) and rectified it before they would go out again.)
Water activity was on;  
Sunday 3.30pm - 4.30pm. (Very possibly the photograph was taken after 5.30pm)
Monday 10.00am - 11.00am (No playtime/tennis - straight back to apartment for lunch)
Thursday 10.30am - 11.00am  (The children had vests on over their clothes)
Thursday 3.30pm – 4.30pm  (No playtime/tennis time after as Madeleine was very tired)
(This is taken from the creche records accepting that the Monday and Tuesday 10.00am - 11.00am activities were swapped.)
As for the photograph being taken during ‘Mini tennis’ on Tuesday, I find it hard to believe that the 3 other girls (including Ella) and 2 boys would NOT have been somewhere in shot. I also believe that the children would have been playing with ‘soft balls’.
Russell O’Brien-Rogatory - (Talking about the Thursday Mini tennis group)
“I mean, as far as I was concerned, this was, this was an entirely reasonable comment from this man, he’d just walked past a few parents, some of whom he probably didn’t know, erm, and he was taking photographs of his daughter, who was on this tennis court, but there were adjacent children in, in, you know, in shot.”
roz

Back to top Go down

Re: Tennis balls photo

Post by worriedmum on 01.01.17 11:41

That's a really good point. Roz.I have always thought the strange posture is accentuated by a back-to front t shirt. The hat does not look as if it is secure enough to stay on while a game of tennis is being played either, which could fit with your thesis that Madeleine dressed herself after a different activity,
I would really like to be able to pinpoint when this picture was taken too.
In my opinion this picture is VERY important in fixing an order of events WHEN COMPARED TO THE 'LAST PHOTO'.

ie the strange 'sunburn' mark above the wrist. 
the whiter hand
the mottling on the arm
the bruised/scraped leg

Why do none of these elements seem visible to me on the 'Last Photo'?
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 01.01.17 12:20

@ roz and @ worriedmum

I think the very first thing ti say about this deeply mysterious photo is that it comes wth at least three major 'red flags' namely:

1. It is claimed to have been taken on at least TWO separate days

2. It is claimed to have been taken by at least TWO different people, ad

3. The main story surrounding how the photo came to be taken, i.e. that by Kate McCann, lacks credibility.

We are asked to believe that Kate saw this 'gorgeous' image of Madeleine holding some tennis balls, said to herself 'Gosh, I must capture that image on my camera', decided to run all the way back from the tennis courts to her apartment, unlocked the door, found her camera, left the apartment, again locking the door, ran back to the tennis court and, a few minutes later, found Madeleine STILL 'holding that pose'. Alternatively, Madeleine's instructor would have been told to wait, and when Kate got back to the court, placed the balls back in Madeleine's arms, so that Kate cold take her photo.

So with these three big 'red flags' we are entitled to question the true provenance of that photo.

Another point. Given what has been researched on this forum about the probable date the Last Photo was taken, i.e. Sunday 29 April, if this were a genuine photo of Madeleine that week, it would become the true 'Last Photo' we have of her. Thus, as worriedmum says, it is potentially of supreme importance regarding the timing of events that week.

We have several 'Tennis Ball Photo' threads on here and the subject is discussed on the Last Photo threads as well.

Opinion is divided on here.

Some say that the photo is of Madeleine's head, photoshopped onto the body of another, older, girl.

Others deny that the Tennis Balls Photo is photoshopped at all.   

worriedmum made this important observation:

"the strange 'sunburn' mark above the wrist,
the whiter hand,
the mottling on the arm,
the bruised/scraped leg: - why do none of these elements seem visible to me on the 'Last Photo'?"

The simplest explanation for this is that the Last Photo shows Maeleine, while the Tennis Balls Photo shows the body of an entirely different girl - and is one of the strongest arguments that this photo was photoshopped.

To recap. Consider carefully the three 'Red Flags', then consider whether we have ever been told the truth about the Tennis Balls Photo.    

By the way, this 9-minute video on the Tennis Balls Photo by CMIMM member HideHo is a 'Must Watch' on the whole subject, its theme music is IIRC composed and played by HideHo's son - very haunting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV4bFKxG2NY

Final point. The 'Make Up Photo' thread here suggests that the Make Up Photo is the true last-ever photo of Madeleine:

Daily Mail journalist Daniel Bates wrote: “Kate and Gerry McCann have released a new picture of their daughter Madeleine as they prepare to commemorate tomorrow’s third anniversary of her disappearance. The photo shows her when she was three after a raid on the dressing-up box. She has a pink bow in her hair and a gold bead necklace and is wearing blue eyeshadow. It was taken weeks before the fateful family holiday to the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz when Madeleine vanished”

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by roz on 01.01.17 13:26

Maybe Kate ‘ran’  to the apartment because the repairmen could let themselves in with their own key.  Maybe the ‘washing machine’ dilemma was to get them out of the bedroom as soon as possible. I don't believe it was to get a camera.
roz

Back to top Go down

Post by roz on 01.01.17 13:26

Maybe Kate ‘ran’  to the apartment because the repairmen could let themselves in with their own key.  Maybe the ‘washing machine’ dilemma was to get them out of the bedroom as soon as possible. I don't believe it was to get a camera.
roz

Back to top Go down

Post by roz on 01.01.17 14:04

Can I ask was this comment made by me, removed? I would take out Red flag point number 1 as there was no Mini tennis for Madeleine’s group on Thursday (Re Rachael’s statement.) But I thank you for responding.  I agree wholeheartedly with you regarding Kate’s running for the camera etc. I believe she might have ran alright; but possibly to be in the apartment before the repair men would call, certainly not to get a camera.
roz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 01.01.17 15:14

@roz wrote:Can I ask was this comment made by me, removed? I would take out Red flag point number 1 as there was no Mini tennis for Madeleine’s group on Thursday (Re Rachael’s statement.) But I thank you for responding.  I agree wholeheartedly with you regarding Kate’s running for the camera etc. I believe she might have ran alright; but possibly to be in the apartment before the repair men would call, certainly not to get a camera.
 @ roz

Sorry, I am really not following you here.

You say:  "I would take out Red flag point number 1 as there was no Mini tennis for Madeleine’s group on Thursday".

I noted, as is perfectly corrcet, that "1. It is claimed to have been taken on at least TWO separate days".

That is a 'Red flag' point, period!

We are trying to establish whether or not the truth has been told about this photograph. I have given three reasons for doubt. You cannot simply 'remove' one of them. Before placing any reliance on what is said about the Tennis Balls Photo, we MUST question why (a) it is supposed to have been taken in two different days AND (b) by two different people.

It looks to me as though you may be putting the cart before the horse by (a) by assuming his is a genuine photograph. and not a composite and (b) that it was definitely taken on the Sunday.

Also, claiming that Kate only ran back to meet the washing machine repair man looks like speculation with no evidence.

As for the repairs, the maintenance man also had to repair the shutters. 

Now it could equally be suggested that the reason they wanted to check the washing machine was because, by Monday, something had happened which meant they had an urgent need to wash quite a few things.

It might also be suggested that they wanted the shutters repaired so that, later in the week, it would be clear that someone had broken in through them

Daily Mail journalist Daniel Bates wrote: “Kate and Gerry McCann have released a new picture of their daughter Madeleine as they prepare to commemorate tomorrow’s third anniversary of her disappearance. The photo shows her when she was three after a raid on the dressing-up box. She has a pink bow in her hair and a gold bead necklace and is wearing blue eyeshadow. It was taken weeks before the fateful family holiday to the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz when Madeleine vanished”

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by roz on 01.01.17 16:13

We are not very far apart in our thinking.. By repairmen I meant those going in between 10.00am and 11.00am to fix the shutters.
roz

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 01.01.17 18:06

Tony, re the 'photo-shopped body with Madeleine's head' theory-
I have brought this matter up before, if you look there is a small brown mark on Madeleine's leg. Her passport describes a small brown mark on her leg as an identifying mark. Whether this is one and the same I do not know.
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 01.01.17 18:15

@roz wrote:We are not very far apart in our thinking... By repairmen I meant those going in between 10.00am and 11.00am to fix the shutters.
There were two repair men. They came together. Kate was there when they arrived. They 'looked at the washing machine first', then Kate says she 'went to meet Gerry' and 'left the two workmen to fix the shutter' (all on page 57 of 'madeleine by Kate McCann).

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 01.01.17 18:24

@worriedmum wrote:Tony, re the 'photo-shopped body with Madeleine's head' theory -
I have brought this matter up before, if you look there is a small brown mark on Madeleine's leg. Her passport describes a small brown mark on her leg as an identifying mark. Whether this is one and the same I do not know.
Thank you @ worriedmum   

This might very well help to settle the issue.

So would you be kind enough, please, to state which of Madeleine's legs had the brown mark, where on the leg it was, and can you also please supply a link to this (the passport) information.

Could you also please upload a good quality image of the Tennis Balls Photo, and indicate for us exactly where you say the brown mark was on that picture.

If it is a clearly visible brown mark, I guess there must be many other photos of Madeleine's legs which would also show the same brown mark, so could you also post any other image of Madeleine with the brown mark on, or at least send us a link to any such  image - many thanks in advance.

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 01.01.17 18:33

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@worriedmum wrote:Tony, re the 'photo-shopped body with Madeleine's head' theory -
Thank you @ worriedmum   

This might very well help to settle the issue.

So would you be kind enough, please, to state which of Madeleine's legs had the brown mark, where on the leg it was, and can you also please supply a link to this (the passport) information.

Could you also please upload a good quality image of the Tennis Balls Photo, and indicate for us exactly where you say the brown mark was on that picture.

If it is a clearly visible brown mark, I guess there must be many other photos of Madeleine's legs which would also show the same brown mark, so could you also post any other image of Madeleine with the brown mark on, or at least send us a link to any such  image - many thanks in advance.
Photographs can often transposed so making left right etc but we can check with hair partings / fringe direction.

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 01.01.17 18:35

McCANN Madeleine Beth CONTROL NO. : F-131/5-2007

REQUESTING COUNTRY: PORTUGAL
FILE No. : 2007123403
DATE OF PUBLICATION: 8 May 2007
CIRCULATION TO THE MEDIA (INCLUDING INTERNET): YES
IDENTITY PARTICULARS

(Photograph of Madeleine)

PRESENT Family Name : McCANN
FAMILY NAME AT BIRTH : McCANN
Forenames : Madeleine Beth
Sex : F
DATE AND Place OF Birth: 12th May 2003 - Leicester, United Kingdom
Also known as Maddie.
OTHER DATES OF BIRTH USED : N/A
FATHER'S FAMILY NAME AND FORENAMES: McCann Gerald Patrick.
MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME AND FORENAMES : HEALY Kate Marie
IDENTITY : CONFIRMED
NATIONALITY : BRITISH (CONFIRMED)
IDENTITY DOCUMENTS - BRITISH PASSPORT No 45XXXXXXX, issued on 4th August 2003 (UNITED KINGDOM) (Valid until 4th August 2008)
Language Spoken : English
MARITAL STATUS : N/A
DESCRIPTION:
HEIGHT : 90 cms
HAIR : Blond
EYE: Green/Blue
BUILD : Slim
DISTINGUISHING MARKS AND CHARACTERISTICS :
Left Eye : Blue and Green colour
Right Eye : Green colour with a Brown spot in Retina
Small brown mark on Left Leg Calf.
Teeth : EUA
BLOOD GROUP : N/A
DNA CODE : N/A

PLEASE NOTE:
This picture was also published with Madeleine facing the other way.So Nina, I agree, it probably comes down to hair partings if it is thought that this is actually a birthmark.
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by hogwash on 01.01.17 18:46

@worriedmum wrote:Teeth : EUA

Sorry to take this off topic but just wanted to ask a quick question. Why does it say Teeth: EUA (Examination Under Anaesthetic)?

Why would she need to be anaesthetised for her teeth to be examined? Is this her "fear of pain"?

And why hasn't she got a blood group?
hogwash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 01.01.17 19:01

@worriedmum wrote:McCANN Madeleine Beth CONTROL NO. : F-131/5-2007

IDENTITY PARTICULARS

Also known as Maddie.
IDENTITY DOCUMENTS - BRITISH PASSPORT No 45XXXXXXX, issued on 4th August 2003 (UNITED KINGDOM) (Valid until 4th August 2008)
DESCRIPTION:

PLEASE NOTE:
This picture was also published with Madeleine facing the other way.So Nina, I agree, it probably comes down to hair partings if it is thought that this is actually a birthmark.
Thank you very much indeed @ worriedmum for posting all that information so quickly - excellent.

So, the brown mark is on Madeleine's left calf.

We don't actually see Madeleine's left calf on the Tennis Balls Photo.

So that very firmly rules out any suggestion that any brown mark seen on the Tennis Balls girl's  right leg is any kind of 'proof that the girl in the photo is Madeleine.

As you quite rightly said upthread, there are several indications that the girl's body is not Madeleine's - only the head is certainly Madeleine.

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 01.01.17 19:34

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@worriedmum wrote:McCANN Madeleine Beth CONTROL NO. : F-131/5-2007

IDENTITY PARTICULARS

Also known as Maddie.
DESCRIPTION:

PLEASE NOTE:
Thank you very much indeed @ worriedmum for posting all that information so quickly - excellent.

So, the brown mark is on Madeleine's left calf.

We don't actually see Madeleine's left calf on the Tennis Balls Photo.

So that very firmly rules out any suggestion that any brown mark seen on the Tennis Balls girl's  right leg is any kind of 'proof that the girl in the photo is Madeleine.

As you quite rightly said upthread, there are several indications that the girl's body is not Madeleine's - only the head is certainly Madeleine.
The shorts though are like a pair that Amelie was photographed wearing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 01.01.17 19:38

My granddaughters, aged 8 and 5, are often dressed in the same outfit.
Get'emGonçalo

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 01.01.17 19:41

roses  One of my new year resolutions is to learn how to do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 01.01.17 19:51

Tony I haven't said it's a different body. It's the sequence that I find most important. The question for me is, does the picture of Madeleine at the pool look like it can plausibly taken after the tennis photo,taking into account all the blemishes, sunburn and scrapes?
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by Bayonne on 01.01.17 20:20

@hogwash wrote:
@worriedmum wrote:Teeth : EUA

Sorry to take this off topic but just wanted to ask a quick question. Why does it say Teeth: EUA (Examination Under Anaesthetic)?

Why would she need to be anaesthetised for her teeth to be examined? Is this her "fear of pain"?

And why hasn't she got a blood group?
Hi Hogwash, as far as I know in the UK, when a baby is born they do not check the blood type. Only if the person needs surgery is it tested. Pregnant women are tested for their blood types in case they are O negative carrying an O positive child. The only way to discover it is to give blood at the appropriate age which I think is 16. I don't know anything about teeth I'm afraid.

Bayonne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 01.01.17 20:57

@worriedmum wrote:Tony I haven't said it's a different body. It's the sequence that I find most important. The question for me is, does the picture of Madeleine at the pool look like it can plausibly taken after the tennis photo,taking into account all the blemishes, sunburn and scrapes?
@ worriedmum    I know, but clearly you have misunderstood what I was saying. Doubtless this was my fault in failing to make mysef clear.

Let me try again.

You came up with four features of the tennis girl's body which you could not see on the Last Photo of Madeleine. A good point.

I countered by suggesting that a possible explanation was that this was not Madeleine's body at all, but another girl's body onto which Madeleine's head been photoshopped.

You countered with 'the small brown mark on the tennis girl's leg may be the same as the one mentioned in Madeleine's passport'.

You  produced the reference, thank you again. It showed that Madelein's brown mark was on her LEFT calf, while what we see of the tennis girl's lgs was her RIGHT leg.

So, put simply, your argument on that point did not succeed.

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnyT on 01.01.17 21:18

....but is the photo 'back to front'?
JohnyT

JohnyT

Back to top Go down

Post by Bayonne on 01.01.17 21:41

@worriedmum wrote:Tony, re the 'photo-shopped body with Madeleine's head' theory-
Hi worriedmum, The information you have provided includes Madeleine's passport information but the distinguishing marks information could not have come from her passport. In July 1988 changes were made to passports and descriptions of distinguishing features and height were removed. I'm not sure that this makes any difference but that information would not have been on her passport.

Bayonne

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 01.01.17 22:12

@Bayonne wrote:
@worriedmum wrote:Tony, re the 'photo-shopped body with Madeleine's head' theory-
Hi worriedmum, The information you have provided includes Madeleine's passport information but the distinguishing marks information could not have come from her passport. In July 1988 changes were made to passports and descriptions of distinguishing features and height were removed. I'm not sure that this makes any difference but that information would not have been on her passport.
Bayonne, MBM's passport was issued on 4 August 2003 and expired on 4 August 2008 . Here is the link from the PJ files

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PASSPORT_ID_PHOTOS.htm

Tony, I wondered about the 'birth mark' because I have seen the tennis ball photo flipped. But looking at the hairstyle I tend to agree that the her hair is parted on the side which it usually is, suggesting it may be just a bruise...
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 02.01.17 16:56

Any dentists out there?

@hogwash wrote:

[@worriedmum wrote:  Teeth : EUA]

………………………………….

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P16/16_VOLUME_XVIa_Page_4406.jpg

‘Dental records of Madeleine McCann 8 pages.’

We also know from the compilation of ‘missing pages’ that they were not included in the released files, but why would a three year old have eight pages of dental records?

Doug D

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum