The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Another bogus Charity story

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another bogus Charity story

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 29.12.16 9:06

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2492387/organisers-blow-thousands-of-pounds-raised-by-strictly-eastenders-and-reality-tv-stars-on-pr-and-outgoings/



Organisers blow thousands of pounds raised by celebs on PR and outgoings

www.thesun.co.uk

A CHARITY ball for The Prince’s Trust and Big Change raised more than £77,000 — but organisers blew it all on costs and PR.
avatar
Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 9272
Reputation : 4663
Join date : 2009-11-25
Location : parallel universe

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Bogus charity

Post by willowthewisp on 29.12.16 17:18

Hi GGG,but they all had a wonderful evening"Big time" but alas No money for the "Charity"?

willowthewisp

Posts : 1678
Reputation : 666
Join date : 2015-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Another bogus Charity story

Post by sharonl on 29.12.16 21:37


____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron
avatar
sharonl


Posts : 3889
Reputation : 635
Join date : 2009-12-29

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

How to judge a charity: the five questions no one asked Kids Company

Post by aquila on 30.12.16 13:11

I'm posting the link to an excellent article written and researched by Harriet Sergeant of The Spectator. Whilst this article is concerning the fiasco that was Kids Company it can and should apply to all major charities.

Here is the link. The article is well worth the read.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/01/how-to-judge-a-charity-the-five-questions-no-one-asked-kids-company/

Once you have grasped the seriousness of questioning charities apply the principles Harriet Sergeant lists to the Big Change charity which boasts:

Our projects do three key things:

1. Give young people the skills to believe in themselves and drive change in their own lives and the world around them (for example Voice 21, an oracy curriculum that is helping young people to communicate better)

2. Help young people access the opportunities they need to develop and grow (for example NCS's opportunity hub, an online platform that will give 60% of teenagers in the UK access to employment and volunteering opportunities)

3. Create environments of support for young people where change is possible - often that means understanding and working with key adults including parents, teachers, social worker or guardians (for example Frontline, a graduate children's social work programme that is bringing new talent to the profession)

Please Note: I have been unable to copy and paste from Big Change website so I've copy typed the above. Here is the link: http://big-change.org/about/
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8418
Reputation : 1534
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Another bogus Charity story

Post by Verdi on 30.12.16 20:36

If anyone can provide conclusive evidence of any charity that isn't up to financial jiggery-pokery, then I'll eat my hypothetical hat!

Unfortunately, when emloyees and volunteers are out and about with the begging buckets, plain brown envelopes and open ended bank accounts, it's impossible to keep control of donations.


A sort of one for you three for me principle.  If you care about your personal finances then always be mindful of who you give money to.  It's a modern sickness encouraged by those who can afford to lose a few thousand (celebrity poseurs), along with the charities and other beggars that plead for your money, force you into a guilt trip.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 5371
Reputation : 3189
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Charity

Post by willowthewisp on 31.12.16 16:01

@Verdi wrote:If anyone can provide conclusive evidence of any charity that isn't up to financial jiggery-pokery, then I'll eat my hypothetical hat!

Unfortunately, when emloyees and volunteers are out and about with the begging buckets, plain brown envelopes and open ended bank accounts, it's impossible to keep control of donations.


A sort of one for you three for me principle.  If you care about your personal finances then always be mindful of who you give money to.  It's a modern sickness encouraged by those who can afford to lose a few thousand (celebrity poseurs), along with the charities and other beggars that plead for your money, force you into a guilt trip.
Hi Verdi,you only need to look at the vast amounts of"Charity appeals"over the  Christmas festivities with well known faces from the film Industry,asking for£1.00 up to£5-10.00 per week per month to help their chosen Charities,tugging at peoples emotions,Emotional Blackmail at this time of year??

willowthewisp

Posts : 1678
Reputation : 666
Join date : 2015-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Another bogus Charity story

Post by happychick on 31.12.16 16:13

@willowthewisp wrote:
@Verdi wrote:If anyone can provide conclusive evidence of any charity that isn't up to financial jiggery-pokery, then I'll eat my hypothetical hat!

Unfortunately, when emloyees and volunteers are out and about with the begging buckets, plain brown envelopes and open ended bank accounts, it's impossible to keep control of donations.


A sort of one for you three for me principle.  If you care about your personal finances then always be mindful of who you give money to.  It's a modern sickness encouraged by those who can afford to lose a few thousand (celebrity poseurs), along with the charities and other beggars that plead for your money, force you into a guilt trip.
Hi Verdi,you only need to look at the vast amounts of"Charity appeals"over the  Christmas festivities with well known faces from the film Industry,asking for£1.00 up to£5-10.00 per week per month to help their chosen Charities,tugging at peoples emotions,Emotional Blackmail at this time of year??

Yes, I always remember a post by PeterMac who said something along the lines "Instead of the children drinking the dirty water, why don't they drink the same water as their mothers?"

Sorry if I've misquoted you PeterMac, but that was the gist!

____________________

avatar
happychick

Posts : 401
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2011-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Another bogus Charity story

Post by plebgate on 31.12.16 19:26

@happychick wrote:
@willowthewisp wrote:
@Verdi wrote:If anyone can provide conclusive evidence of any charity that isn't up to financial jiggery-pokery, then I'll eat my hypothetical hat!

Unfortunately, when emloyees and volunteers are out and about with the begging buckets, plain brown envelopes and open ended bank accounts, it's impossible to keep control of donations.


A sort of one for you three for me principle.  If you care about your personal finances then always be mindful of who you give money to.  It's a modern sickness encouraged by those who can afford to lose a few thousand (celebrity poseurs), along with the charities and other beggars that plead for your money, force you into a guilt trip.
Hi Verdi,you only need to look at the vast amounts of"Charity appeals"over the  Christmas festivities with well known faces from the film Industry,asking for£1.00 up to£5-10.00 per week per month to help their chosen Charities,tugging at peoples emotions,Emotional Blackmail at this time of year??

Yes, I always remember a post by PeterMac who said something along the lines "Instead of the children drinking the dirty water, why don't they drink the same water as their mothers?"

Sorry if I've misquoted you PeterMac, but that was the gist!
Good point by PeterMac.   I am surprised that there's any dirty water left in these countries after all the zillions given over the last 50 or so years to clean it up.

The adverts with all the flies over the children's faces is another one they bring out time and again.   I believe that many of us "switch off" when these adverts come on the tv.
Seen it all before so many times but things NEVER seem to get any better.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Posts : 5980
Reputation : 1665
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Another bogus Charity story

Post by Hobs on 01.01.17 1:28

I have noticed that when it comes to these charities for water, for children etc, it is always a white person making the appeal and when they include  segments on donors such as someone sponsoring a child, it is always a white person.

Why do they never show blacks,asians, muslims making the appeals or saying they sponsor a child?

Is it because they know that whites will hand over their money without question?

Do they not use other races or nationalities or religions because they know money isn't going to be forthcoming?

I ignore all the charity appeals and should a chugger collar me i will ask how much they are getting paid?
How much their CEO is getting paid?
How much money goes on salaries, expenses, rent etc before a penny is spent on actual charity work.

I asked a chugger for wateraid what they plan to do when all the water table has been drained dry and not replenished due to drought.
How the people etc are supposed to have access to clean water then?

Why so little is done to teach people not to pollute their water supply, not to crap in the ir drinking water.

I ask why they mention some poor child having to walk umpteen miles a day to get water when they could simply move nearer the water supply.

Why after decades of money coming in they have still not solved the problems they are begging donations for to supposedly help said cause.

I am mean like that, asking awkward questions.  :)


Happy new year one and all xx

____________________
The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life.
avatar
Hobs

Posts : 834
Reputation : 482
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 53
Location : uk

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Another bogus Charity story

Post by sharonl on 01.01.17 19:45

Thanks Hobs, I don't feel quite so cynical and uncharitable now.  Whenever I see the television appeals I get the feeling that something is very amiss, and I wouldn't donate to any of them. 

There are so many causes and they all:

Play on public sympathy
Request monthly donations
Dictate the amounts that you should donate

But, not one of them:

Allows the donor to decide how much and how often a gift should be made.

Ask if we know of a venerable person, animal etc.  who would benefit from their help.


Even more telling is that these little charities can afford to advertise on national television.

In this respect, they are all the same which suggests that they are all linked, even though they are different organisations.

I smell a rat every time I hear these appeals

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron
avatar
sharonl


Posts : 3889
Reputation : 635
Join date : 2009-12-29

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
McCanns apt & hire car


Blood and cadaver alerts
dismissed by UK Government


Retired DCI Gonçalo Amaral: "The English can always present the conclusions to which they themselves arrived in 2007. Because they know, they have the evidence of what happened - they don't need to investigate anything. All this is now a mere 'show off'."

Retired murder DCI Colin Sutton: "I would also like to make the point that Operation Grange was so restricted from the start as to be destined to fail."

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley made public on national TV that Operation Grange is a complete fraud.

Ex-DCI Andy Redwood had a "revelation moment" on BBC's Crimewatch on 14th October 2013 when he announced that Operation Grange had eliminated the Tanner sighting - which opened up the 'window of opportunity', in accordance with their remit, to allow the fake abduction to happen.

Despite "irrelevant behaviour" from blood and cadaver dogs in the McCann's apartment, on Kate McCann's clothes, and in the car they hired three weeks after Maddie disappeared, Ex-Chief Inspector, Ian Horrocks, said: "The thought that Kate and Gerry McCann had anything to do with the death of their daughter is frankly preposterous."

Gerry McCann called for example to be made of 'trolls'. SKY News reporter Martin Brunt doorstepped Brenda Leyland on 2 October 2014. She was then found dead in a Leicester hotel room. Brenda paid the price. She paid with her life.

Ex-Deputy Chief Constable, Jim Gamble QPM, congratulated SKY reporter, Martin Brunt, on twitter for doorstepping Brenda Leyland on behalf of Gerry McCann.

Prime Minister Theresa May introduces Prime Suspect Kate McCann to Royalty: The Duchess of Gloucester.

Good Cop Down: The reality of being a police whistleblower
https://goodcopdown.wordpress.com/