The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Michael Barrymore demands £2.5 million compensation for 'wrongful arrest' re Stuart Lubbock death - but Essex Police only offer £1  (Daily Mail & Daily Mirror, 21 Dec 2016)   - Page 3 Mm11

Michael Barrymore demands £2.5 million compensation for 'wrongful arrest' re Stuart Lubbock death - but Essex Police only offer £1  (Daily Mail & Daily Mirror, 21 Dec 2016)   - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Michael Barrymore demands £2.5 million compensation for 'wrongful arrest' re Stuart Lubbock death - but Essex Police only offer £1  (Daily Mail & Daily Mirror, 21 Dec 2016)   - Page 3 Mm11

Michael Barrymore demands £2.5 million compensation for 'wrongful arrest' re Stuart Lubbock death - but Essex Police only offer £1  (Daily Mail & Daily Mirror, 21 Dec 2016)   - Page 3 Regist10

Michael Barrymore demands £2.5 million compensation for 'wrongful arrest' re Stuart Lubbock death - but Essex Police only offer £1 (Daily Mail & Daily Mirror, 21 Dec 2016)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michael Barrymore demands £2.5 million compensation for 'wrongful arrest' re Stuart Lubbock death - but Essex Police only offer £1  (Daily Mail & Daily Mirror, 21 Dec 2016)   - Page 3 Empty Re: Michael Barrymore demands £2.5 million compensation for 'wrongful arrest' re Stuart Lubbock death - but Essex Police only offer £1 (Daily Mail & Daily Mirror, 21 Dec 2016)

Post by PeterMac 02.02.20 6:20

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7956927/Michael-Barrymore-pool-death-MURDER-says-detective.html

Michael Barrymore pool death 'was MURDER': Detective leading new probe says Stuart Lubbock was 'raped and deliberately killed' at TV star's £2m home 18 years ago

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16570

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Michael Barrymore demands £2.5 million compensation for 'wrongful arrest' re Stuart Lubbock death - but Essex Police only offer £1  (Daily Mail & Daily Mirror, 21 Dec 2016)   - Page 3 Empty Re: Michael Barrymore demands £2.5 million compensation for 'wrongful arrest' re Stuart Lubbock death - but Essex Police only offer £1 (Daily Mail & Daily Mirror, 21 Dec 2016)

Post by PeterMac 02.02.20 8:01

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/barrymore-documentary-finally-can-see-light-end-tunnel-stuarts/
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 02.02.20 9:39

Over a year ago, a film company came to see me and spent the day here discussing my theory on the murder of Stuart Lubbock at Michael Barrymore's house. They said they were making a film for Channel 4. So I guess this is it.

As most on here know, my book on the case: 'NOT AWIGHT: Getting Away With Murder', shows that Stuart Lubbock was never in that swimming pool. That was a cunning hoax, which sadly has stuck in the public mind - due to a combination of police corruption and the power of the mass mainstream media.

I gave them two boxes of files, police witness statements, all the pathology reports, full details of how I worked out my theory, a stack of newspaper cuttings, everything. 

The producer, Avigail, promised to get back to me from time to time to let me know how they were proceeding.

She hasn't.

If the documentary gives a fair wind to my theory, and supports it, I shall be delighted.

If it leads to a successful prosecution of those responsible for murdering Stuart Lubbock, I shall be still more delighted.

-----

In the meantime, if anyone hasn't got the book and would like it, you can still get copies from me.

Unfortunately, an original member of The Lubbock Trust, Harry Cichy, stole most of my books when it was published and has been selling them on Amazon at an inflated price ever since. In a word, he turned out to be a snake. 

So I have just put up this message on Twitter:

Read my book on #StuartLubbock's murder: NOT AWIGHT, where I show that Stuart Lubbock was never in the pool. 

I have copies for sale, £10 inc. postage, email me: ajsbennett@btinternet.com  

Don't buy them at high Amazon prices, where #HarryCichy sells them without my permission

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24767

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 02.02.20 12:19

The full Telegraph article below as it’s mainly hidden behind a membership/paywall thing:

Barrymore documentary: ‘Finally, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for Stuart’s killer’

Nineteen years after 31-year-old Stuart Lubbock was found in entertainer Michael Barrymore's pool, his father Terry is still seeking justice

By Benji Wilson 1 February 2020 • 5:00pm

On Thursday, Channel 4 will screen a new documentary called Barrymore: The Body in the Pool, and from the title alone most people in Britain over the age of 30 will know exactly what it’s about. That title, however, is also telling: while people remember Michael Barrymore, the fallen TV entertainer, the man who was found dead in his swimming pool 19 years ago has remained largely anonymous.

Stuart Lubbock was 31 when he met Barrymore and his entourage at a Harlow nightclub on 31 March, 2001. They got chatting and Lubbock, a divorced factory supervisor and father of two, ended up going back to Barrymore’s house in Roydon for an after-party. Three hours later, a 999 call from one of the guests said that a man had drowned in the swimming pool. The body in the pool was Lubbock’s.

As soon as the news broke, a tabloid feeding-frenzy began. Barrymore was the quarry. Questions abounded: had he hosted a drug-fuelled gay orgy? (Barrymore had come out six years previously). Why did he flee his home? Would his gilded TV career ever recover?

For Stuart’s dad Terry, however, only one question mattered: what had happened to his son? Nineteen years on, he feels he is closer than ever to a definitive answer.

“Stuart was killed,” says Lubbock, who divorced Dorothy Hand, his son's mother, in 1984. “There have been glimmers of hope since then, but only with this documentary can I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.”
To date, there have been five separate police investigations into what happened on that night in 2001, but only now is one of the most infamous unexplained cases of recent times potentially on the verge of being resolved. Last year, Essex police appointed a new Senior Investigating Officer, DCI Stephen Jennings, an expert in serious crime, to lead a new team examining the case. They have met with, and continue to meet with, Terry Lubbock.

If the new investigation does lead to a conviction, it will be the culmination of Lubbock’s unwavering fight for justice for his son. It began when Jonathan Kenney, Barrymore’s then partner, and Justin Merritt, a former dustman, who were both at the party, were arrested in 2001 on suspicion of rape and murder (all were released without charge). It continued at the inquest the following year, when forensic pathologists gave evidence – and Terry Lubbock fainted from the stress of it all. 
Trying to find out who killed his son has taken a long-term toll on Lubbock. “I’ve had four strokes. That’s why I’m in here,” he says, waving at the overheated surrounds of the Harlow care home to which he is now confined. “I have to pee in a bag. I’ve got prostate cancer.

“This country, you’ve always depended on justice, but I’ve never had justice. I’ve still not got justice. My life’s gone, it’s gone. My life ended when I came here. I’m not putting this place down, because they’ve looked after me, but I’d never ever be here without all this trouble. I can’t blame Barrymore 100 per cent for me being here. I blame the justice system of this country, because it’s taken nearly 19 years for me to start, hopefully, to see some justice.”

In conversation, Lubbock, now 74, is erratic. He veers off on tangents and sometimes loses the thread completely. One moment, he will blame the police or some opaque establishment cover-up for the initial mistakes made (the crime scene, for example, was never protected); the next, Lubbock will concede that, more recently, the police have been “on the right track”.
“Thing is, my mind doesn’t work as good as it used to,” he says, swamped by an armchair-wearing sports shorts and a cardigan with a catheter running down to a cloudy amber bag below his shin. He is a sweet-natured but withered figure – until, that is, you hear him talk. Then, in a fierce, reedy alto, he feeds off many years’ frustration: “It was murder. My son had been so seriously raped that he died.”
The documentary supports his conclusions. In 2002, an inquest reached an open verdict on Stuart Lubbock’s death – yet in the new film all four pathologists who examined the body are interviewed on camera, and they all agree that Stuart was the victim of a serious sexual assault that happened just before he died. The film chooses to omit the pathologists’ pictures of Lubbock’s injuries. “It’s too horrific,” says producer Owen Phillips. “But if you see those pictures, there’s no doubt in my mind he was assaulted.”
Other myths are also laid to rest, not least that drowning was not the cause of death. Sue Homan, Stuart Lubbock’s ex-wife, is interviewed for the first time, and she confirms that Stuart was not gay, as newspapers had said at the time.
With these new developments, the years they have taken to come to light and the downturn in his health, you might expect Terry Lubbock to be angry. Yet in person, he is sanguine and chipper, as much sustained by the fight as he is ground down by its duration: “No anger, never ever. That is the kind of person I am.”

However, he carries a strong parental guilt about what happened to his son: “I don’t think Stuart had a very good life. I think I could have helped him a little bit more, but I didn’t, and then it all went pear-shaped for him with the Barrymore thing. But I’m trying to make up for it now.”
A large part of the film looks at how Barrymore’s celebrity status stole the light from the various investigations. A tabloid circus followed the case from the moment Stuart's body was discovered. Yet the Lubbock family, their grief and their confusion, were always mere adjuncts to the main headline.
In 2006, for example, Channel 4 paid Barrymore a reported £150,000 to return from self-imposed exile in New Zealand to take part in Celebrity Big Brother. He came second and spied a career revival. Back in the 1990s, before reality TV hits such as The X Factor took over Saturday night TV schedules, Barrymore had been the “clown prince of primetime”, fronting game shows such as Strike It Lucky, which regularly attracted audiences of 17 million viewers.
But that career revival never came: instead, he was spotted working as an odd-job man in an Essex garage and in a garden centre shifting sacks of compost. Barrymore had been scheduled to return to screens last month in ITV’s Dancing on Ice, but withdrew after apparently suffering an injury during rehearsals. 

Lubbock hopes that this flicker of interest in Barrymore can now be used to turn a spotlight back onto his son. 
“People have always been a bit iffy about this case,” he says. “When they see the name ‘Barrymore’, they’re going to turn their heads: they’ve got to watch this documentary – but it’s not going to be all about [him].
“They’ll come for Barrymore,” he says, “but stay for Stuart.”

Barrymore: The Body in the Pool is on Channel 4 on Thursday, 9pm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/barrymore-documentary-finally-can-see-light-end-tunnel-stuarts/
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.07.20 16:50

Michael Barrymore demands £2.5 million compensation for 'wrongful arrest' re Stuart Lubbock death - but Essex Police only offer £1  (Daily Mail & Daily Mirror, 21 Dec 2016)   - Page 3 8266f010
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top