The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Internet deceit and the scuppering of online investigators

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Internet deceit and the scuppering of online investigators

Post by icanseeyou on 19.12.16 17:31

I alluded in a recent post to the skills ( ? ) of shills in infiltrating well-meaning and honest blogs, sites and forums with the intention of derailing discourse and thereby  setting them off into a spiral of chaos and making them( and all concerned) lose credibility. I think it's important, well more than important, to pay attention to the tactics and motives of these creatures. It's bad enough that the powers that be can't speak without lying or move without infecting. It would help us all to look closely at it before we continue on our search for the truth of anything we think is important to us in our  'free world'. When we constantly hear phrases like 'a source' or 'leaked' our ears should  immediately open that little bit wider- as should our eyes . I'm saying this now because of the recent pizzagate 'is it or isn't it' online debating.But it stands in all areas of research into anything that certain people would rather stayed in the dark. I have this link to share which i've had for a couple of years. A short but informative read. 

https://theintercept.com/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/
icanseeyou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Internet deceit and the scuppering of online investigators

Post by Verdi on 19.12.16 23:06

@icanseeyou wrote:....of shills in infiltrating well-meaning and honest blogs, sites and forums with the intention of derailing discourse and thereby  setting them off into a spiral of chaos and making them( and all concerned) lose credibility. I think it's important, well more than important, to pay attention to the tactics and motives of these creatures....
Oh one does - believe me, one does!  Not difficult to spot either smilie..

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz on 20.12.16 19:14

@icanseeyou wrote:I alluded in a recent post to the skills ( ? ) of shills in infiltrating well-meaning and honest blogs, sites and forums with the intention of derailing discourse and thereby  setting them off into a spiral of chaos and making them( and all concerned) lose credibility. I think it's important, well more than important, to pay attention to the tactics and motives of these creatures. It's bad enough that the powers that be can't speak without lying or move without infecting. It would help us all to look closely at it before we continue on our search for the truth of anything we think is important to us in our  'free world'. When we constantly hear phrases like 'a source' or 'leaked' our ears should  immediately open that little bit wider- as should our eyes . I'm saying this now because of the recent pizzagate 'is it or isn't it' online debating.But it stands in all areas of research into anything that certain people would rather stayed in the dark. I have this link to share which i've had for a couple of years. A short but informative read. 

https://theintercept.com/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/

I think the problem with this one is detecting the shill. Just because a poster disagrees with other posters’ observations doesn’t make him a ‘shill.’ Loss of credibility is no great loss for a decent researcher and sometimes it’s that lone voice in the wilderness that the majority attempts to bully into submission that speaks the truth. Derision is a great motivator to toe the official line. We see it all the time. Let people say what they will,  however ‘off the wall ‘ it appears to be and if  ‘ discourse is derailed temporarily ’ …..well……that’s okay too . It’s a small price to pay in the search for the truth . Opinions matter………………everybody’s opinion ………………not just some.

flower

Off to sunnier climes tomorrow for a few weeks and would like to wish everyone on here a lovely Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

kaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 20.12.16 23:49

@kaz wrote:Let people say what they will,  however ‘off the wall ‘ it appears to be and if  ‘ discourse is derailed temporarily ’ …..well……that’s okay too . It’s a small price to pay in the search for the truth . Opinions matter………………everybody’s opinion ………………not just some.
Evidenced and/or informed opinion is always welcome in any debate, it opens the mind to alternative thinking which can of course lead to new or renewed avenues to pursue.  It has happened on this very forum over the years, progressing from bare information such as media reports and then the release of the PJ files, to extensive research into hundreds of different aspects appertaining to the case, thus progressing towards a greater awareness.

However, groundless supposition -  speculation - invention -  theorizing - dramatizing - daydreaming - fantasising etc. doesn't help anything or anybody, least of all Madeleine McCann.

If I was to say that a strange light flashing across the sky over Portugal on the night of 3rd May, could be an indication that Madeleine was abducted by aliens - would that be considered an acceptable opinion to further discussion (other than ridicule)?  

There are people out there who will find any reason to discredit this forum - let's not give them any ammunition.

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 21.12.16 7:39

The good thing about this forum... unlike other Madeleine forums... is that it has it's feet on the ground.

The crazy stuff that gives the media the excuse to point at "all those nutters" is always challenged.

Don't expect to get away with pseudo-science.

There is plenty of non-crazy stuff to go at.
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 21.12.16 9:23

Opinions matter but some of the "out there" theories we have seen over the years have been downright ridiculous and in some cases offensive and deliberately designed to try and get this forum shut down imo.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
:roll:

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum