The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

MADELEINE AND 'THE NORMAL FACTOR'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MADELEINE AND 'THE NORMAL FACTOR'

Post by skyrocket on 03.12.16 8:42

Before watching Richard's interview with Peter Hyatt I had noted several odd references by family to Madeleine as a 'normal child'. In the interview (part 1, 40 mins; part 2, 21.40mins) Peter describes this phrasology in someone's speech, or description of a person/thing, as 'the normal factor'.

http://www.richplanet.net/starship.php
http://www.richplanet.net/starship_main.php?ref=235&part=2

Usage of the word 'normal' is not required if something/someone is normal, as it is generally assumed. Peter uses the following example - if someone says 'I'm a normal man', it is likely that they themselves (think) or someone else has said, that they're not normal. He goes on to say that it is used in cases where there is a need to persuade the listener of normality, but that it actually highlights the opposite.

Here are the 3 examples I can remember (there may well be more). Note how they are all family members who would have known Madeleine (and her back history) well. Also that in all 3 instances 'normal' is the first adjective used in each description:

1. Aunt Janet Kennedy 14 April 2008 Rogatory (Madeleine's great aunt; husband Brian is Susan Healy's brother):

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANNET-KENNEDY.htm

'Madeleine is a normal child who likes challenges. She is smart, active, required a lot of attention, participates, loves to play, and who had a wonderful imagination. She is a fantastic little girl'.

2. Patricia Cameron 15 April 2008 Rogatory (Madeleine's aunt; Gerry's sister):

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PATRICIA_CAMERON.htm

'Madeleine was a normal girl, she loved being Sean and Amelies older sister. Being the first daughter and due to the difficulties in conceiving her, she was very pampered by her parents. Madeleine is happy, very sure of herself, friendly, open and serene. Madeleine is much loved and desired by the whole family'.

3. Gerry McCann 12 May 2007 (on Madeleine's 4th birthday) The Express:

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/1may7/Express1_12_05_2007.htm (courtesy of Pamalam)

It is the first time he has spoken at length about the tortuous days he and his wife have suffered as they wait for news. He told the congregation at the tiny 16th century church of Nossa Senhora da Luz: "Today we should be celebrating the fourth birthday of our daughter Madeleine. Instead we have had to remember what a normal, beautiful, vivacious, funny, courageous and loving little girl that we are missing today."

So Madeleine was a 'normal little girl'.

I also understand that references to 'remember', quite often indicate that the subject is deceased.

Note also how Gerry doesn't say '....and loving little girl she/Madeleine is', he instead uses the ambiguous phrase, 'that we are missing today'.

Gerry also says:

"We are looking forward to the day when Madeleine returns to us as a joyous one."

Wouldn't that go without saying as much as the word 'normal'?

and,

"I like to think about the effects of Madeleine's abduction from us nine days ago like a tidal wave. The devastation - which was tremendous - was greatest for Kate and I."

I would have thought if Madeleine had been abducted the devastation would have been infinitely greater for her.
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Re: MADELEINE AND 'THE NORMAL FACTOR'

Post by roz on 20.12.16 14:40

Hello all.  Bear with me people but I am going through the files again, but am relatively new to all this. 
In my understanding of what I am reading (Pj Files);Matt, Jane, Russell and Rachael took it in turns to sit in with the 3 children at night - Ella, Evie and Grace in the one apartment.
Sunday - Matt
Monday - Jane
Tuesday - Russell
Wednesday - Rachael
(Them sick/child sick)
Is anyone else getting this?
roz

Back to top Go down

Post by roz on 20.12.16 14:45

Sorry. I see I should have posted that in 'New Topic'
roz

Back to top Go down

Post by icanseeyou on 22.12.16 17:09

Madeleine is a normal child who likes challenges. She is smart, active, required a lot of attention, participates, loves to play, and who had a wonderful imagination. She is a fantastic little girl

actually, it's the switching of tenses here that's more important ; likes (present) required( past);loves(present) had(past).

Today we should be celebrating the fourth birthday of our daughter Madeleine. Instead we have had to remember what a normal, beautiful, vivacious, funny, courageous and loving little girl that we are missing today."

'vivacious' seems an odd way to describe a little girl considering the context.

'Madeleine was a normal girl, she loved being Sean and Amelies older sister. Being the first daughter and due to the difficulties in conceiving her, she was very pampered by her parents. Madeleine is happy, very sure of herself, friendly, open and serene. Madeleine is much loved and desired by the whole family'.

'desired' ? Has anyone, when singing the praises of their little girl or boy ever used the word 'desired' ? That's a Freudian slip of large proportions that seems to have been missed. 

Only my opinion, of course. And Mr Hyatt offered only his. That's the thing with Psychology - there's no right or wrong. Interpretation of something on the surface that's masking something deeper is even more subjective, hence it never being admissible in court.. ( objection your honour - speculation ) .

Certain variables have to be taken into consideration when finalising 'findings' in cases like these. The subjects vocabulary -broad or narrow ? The situation ( is it a natural setting or an interview where extra care has to be taken before answering questions ?) . Are the subjects on the defence in the first place thus measuring there answers ? Importantly in the case in discussion, have the subjects been coached as to what they don't need to say or answer and what 'key' phrases will be more effective whether they intended to use them or not. 

I watch a lot of Richard Hall's stuff and I've watched all the McCann stuff he's produced. It's impressive in my opinion and his intentions are solid and honest. I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. However, I'd like him to do this again but let a few home grown criminal profilers watch the McCanns . The likes of David Cantor and Paul Britton have been invaluable to our police forces in high profile cases for a number of years. They also teach forces around the country methods of 'hiding' questions within questions and statements and detecting lies 'embedded' within answers. It could add to the research so far if they pick up something, or add further support to what's there already.
icanseeyou

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum