The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as many of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Disrepute after appointing Keith Vaz to the committee that oversees justice policy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disrepute after appointing Keith Vaz to the committee that oversees justice policy

Post by sallypelt on 01.11.16 22:59

Can you believe it??

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disrepute after appointing Keith Vaz to the committee that oversees justice policy

Post by plebgate on 02.11.16 8:46

It is a disgrace.  I saw it on news last night and it is mostly Conservative MPs who have backed him

WHY?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disrepute after appointing Keith Vaz to the committee that oversees justice policy

Post by BlueBag on 02.11.16 10:15

Because he has a Samson option?
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 02.11.16 10:18

Is it a case of "If I go down I will take a few more with me"?  This "man" seems to have a Teflon coating. It will be interesting to know what MPs backed him.

Adding:

Amber Rudd and 10 Cabinet members under fire for giving Keith Vaz scrutiny role on prisons policy

MPs were last night accused of bringing the House of Commons into "disrepute" after voting to allow Keith Vaz to oversee Britain's justice policies even though he faces two police investigations.
The Home Secretary and ten other Cabinet ministers were among those who backed Mr Vaz's reappointment to a Parliamentary select committee just weeks after he was forced to resign in disgrace.
The Government was last night heavily criticised after demanding that ministers and MPs vote for Mr Vaz to become a member of the influential Justice select committee.
Furious Conservative MPs complained they had been ordered to back Mr Vaz because of concerns a vote against him could set a precedent in Parliament.

The decision is set to reopen the controversy over MPs' ability to police themselves, an issue which has yet to be properly addressed more than seven years since the expenses scandal.
A former standards watchdog said it showed “appalling judgement” by the Tory whips to force MPs to support Mr Vaz.
Mr Vaz’s elevation to the committee means he will now be able to quiz ministers and officials about law and order policy as part of the committee’s work in Parliament.
The Labour MP quit as veteran chairman of the rival Home Affairs select committee in September after a Sunday newspaper claimed he had paid male prostitutes for sex, and asked them to bring poppers and offered to pay for cocaine,  although he said he did not want the drug himself. Scotland Yard is considering whether to investigate.

Analysis by The Daily Telegraph of the voting record shows that 34 of the 203 MPs who backed Mr Vaz were ministers, including 11 serving members of the Cabinet.
They included Amber Rudd, the Home Secretary, Gavin Williamson, the Chief Whip, Liam Fox, the International Trade Secretary, and David Davis, the Exiting the European Union Secretary.
The vote came moments after Mr Bridgen used legal privilege to claim on the floor of the House of Commons that Mr Vaz was also being investigated by Leicestershire police.
He told MPs that “four witnesses have confirmed they were recently interviewed by Leicestershire police and that their inquiries have been going on for at least a year.
“Those inquiries concern allegations that the Right Honourable member for Leicester East abused his position in public office.”

Link to full article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/01/amber-rudd-and-10-cabinet-members-under-fire-for-giving-keith-va/

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP, COULD YOU???

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 02.11.16 14:06

@BlueBag wrote:Because he has a Samson option?

Because he has a 'nuclear' option!

You don't get to be an MP, for as long as he has, without 'knowing' about 'the skeletons in Tory closets'!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 03.11.16 7:25

What happened to us all being treated equally and fairly?

The politicians are still not listening to THEIR masters, the general public.

Absolutely ridiculous that they can carry on as they like and laugh in OUR faces. 

Will be waiting to see if Vaz's constituents re-elect him but really I think he should be thrown out of the Labour Party.  

His appointment might indicate that no police action will be taken against him as who in their right minds would vote for him to be elected to such an influential Committee whilst the threat of police action might still be in the offing?

PAAAHHHH

Some things will never change unfortunately.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 03.11.16 7:56

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@BlueBag wrote:Because he has a Samson option?

Because he has a 'nuclear' option!

It's the same thing as you probably know.

It's Israel's defence policy. It we go down we are taking every one with us.

Like Samson bringing down the temple - for Bible buffs.
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum