The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 12 Mm11

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 12 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 12 Mm11

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 12 Regist10

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016*** (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators)

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 12 Empty Re: ***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016*** (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators)

Post by Verdi 09.10.16 12:54

I wouldn't know - I've never been there, I haven't the foggiest where they were/are/will be digging - nor am I familiar with the landscape of the region short of the graphics published by the UK media.  As I said recently, every day new reports spew forth from the UK press, for the most part contradictory so why don't they just wait until the police have finished their work and have issued a press release on the results.

Or are they trying to turn this into another McCann'esque circus?  Lest they forget..

"One good thing to come out of all this is that there is so much in the press nobody knows what is true and what isn't" - Gerry McCann

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 12 Empty Re: ***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016*** (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators)

Post by Verdi 09.10.16 20:34

Bless - Tracey's back on the scene and always the drama queen personified, she has such a way with words..

Is Ben Needham's body in THIS truck? Police say toddler's remains may have been returned to Greek farmhouse where he vanished as they dig up illegal tip where officers fear his body was dumped

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3829189/Ben-Needham-police-60-items-Kos.html

DI Jon Cousins of South Yorkshire police appears to relish being before the cameras - like a movie star courting the media.  Has someone told him he looks like Bruce Willis?

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 12 MAR-26-Ben-Needham-search-on-Kos     ***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 12 Latest?cb=20160321074715

DI Jon Cousins                                                                     Bruce Willis

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 09.10.16 21:13

This is an utterly crazy headline! "Is Ben's body in this truck?" Jeez! Give me strength!

(Sterile site? Stray dog roaming about?)

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 09.10.16 21:16

Brilliant work by Tracey again!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day, with a bit of luck, she may even get the occasional fact right.

On the day Ben disappeared, he had been happily playing outside his grandparents farmhouse in Kos (pictured) while parts were being renovated

Errr, no.

This emerged shortly after police revealed they have found '60 items of interest' in the search for the Sheffield toddler.
The exhibits, including fragments of fabric and plastic, will be sent back to the UK for further testing and analysis when the team returns home.
DI Cousins said: 'While they are not of major interest we need to examine them further and we will return them to the UK.
'At this stage we cannot detail what they are.'

Made this up then?

It is the first time in 25 years that such a massive excavator has returned to the scene.

She knows this how? What did they use for the dig in 2012 or when the extension was being built for starters?

Photographs have emerged showing the inside of the house where Ben was last seen, which have remained virtually untouched since Ben Needham's last tragic holiday in 1991

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 12 38E89CC500000578-3813228-image-a-28_1475138406409 

Really? It was pretty much derelict in 1991 and she then adds insult to injury with:

On Tuesday, police started demolishing a wing of the farmhouse owned by a family who now live in Australia, which had not been built at the time the 21-month-old toddler vanished in 1991.

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 12 38EC3B9100000578-3813228-image-m-54_1475162846564 
Police searching for Ben Needham have stumbled upon a 1,500-year-old burial site in the grounds of the Greek farmhouse where he vanished, pictured is where the bodies were found

Errr, no again. It’s the soakaway/cess pit.

Does she really get paid for this rubbish?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3829189/Ben-Needham-police-60-items-Kos.html#comments
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 09.10.16 22:58

Roxyroo wrote:This is an utterly crazy headline! "Is Ben's body in this truck?" Jeez! Give me strength!

It's an utter disgrace to journalism, like a sexed-up Enid Blyton.  So they are going to tip a truck load of rubble into a sterile environment for inspection by forensics - how exactly does that work I wonder roll

Sensationalism pure and simple - emphasis on the simple, how editors ever allow this sort of nonsense to go to print is beyond me.  Trouble is of course, some people actually believe what they read.

Still, one saving grace, at least she resisted the urge to mention the name McCann.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 10.10.16 11:42

Verdi wrote:
Roxyroo wrote:This is an utterly crazy headline! "Is Ben's body in this truck?" Jeez! Give me strength!

It's an utter disgrace to journalism, like a sexed-up Enid Blyton.  So they are going to tip a truck load of rubble into a sterile environment for inspection by forensics - how exactly does that work I wonder roll

Sensationalism pure and simple - emphasis on the simple, how editors ever allow this sort of nonsense to go to print is beyond me.  Trouble is of course, some people actually believe what they read.

Still, one saving grace, at least she resisted the urge to mention the name McCann.

I think I.m probably wrong about the dog being in the actual sterile site, but hey who cares about accuracy when re-reporting the sun! I could say unicorns were galloping past and it wouldn't be far off the absolute drivel these hacks come out with, daily!
nah

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 10.10.16 15:15

Ben Needham's mother dismisses report he was buried

24th May 2012

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 12 _60461827_needham_240512_ex_lib_kerry_needham
Kerry Needham in Kos

The mother of a boy who went missing in Greece 21 years ago has dismissed a report that the toddler died at the time in a building site accident.

Ben Needham, of Sheffield, went missing during a family visit to the island of Kos in 1991 when he was 21 months old.

A Daily Mirror report says Greek police believe he may have been buried under rubble near his family's farmhouse.

Kerry Needham said: "I was horrified when I saw that. I know my son is alive and well and out there somewhere."

The newspaper said Greek police wanted to excavate the now-overgrown mound of earth and rubble on a property neighbouring the farmhouse which Mrs Needham's father was renovating at the time of her son's disappearance.

However, Mrs Needham told BBC Radio Sheffield: "That mound of rubble was already there when Ben was still there.

"I find it very, very unlikely that Ben is there, unless he buried himself."

A South Yorkshire Police statement said: "The investigation into the disappearance of Ben Needham remains with the Greek authorities.

"Should they request any help or support from South Yorkshire Police we will look to support them where we can and within our resources.

"The force's role is primarily to provide ongoing support to Ben's family, in particular his mum Kerry.

"South Yorkshire Police continues to undertake a review of material gathered locally during the past 20 years with officers also working with other agencies to examine any material held by them that might further the review."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-18190779

As an aside, this is said to be the farmhouse being renovated by the Needham family when Ben Needham disappeared..

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 12 2852690.main_image

Would you allow a 21 month old tiny child play around on such rough terrain unsupervised?  I wouldn't!  Aside from that, no doubt the island of Kos has it's fair share of slithery slimy reptiles and bitey insects during the hot summer months.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 10.10.16 17:02

Verdi wrote:Ben Needham's mother dismisses report he was buried

24th May 2012

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 12 _60461827_needham_240512_ex_lib_kerry_needham
Kerry Needham in Kos

The mother of a boy who went missing in Greece 21 years ago has dismissed a report that the toddler died at the time in a building site accident.

Ben Needham, of Sheffield, went missing during a family visit to the island of Kos in 1991 when he was 21 months old.

A Daily Mirror report says Greek police believe he may have been buried under rubble near his family's farmhouse.

Kerry Needham said: "I was horrified when I saw that. I know my son is alive and well and out there somewhere."

The newspaper said Greek police wanted to excavate the now-overgrown mound of earth and rubble on a property neighbouring the farmhouse which Mrs Needham's father was renovating at the time of her son's disappearance.

However, Mrs Needham told BBC Radio Sheffield: "That mound of rubble was already there when Ben was still there.

"I find it very, very unlikely that Ben is there, unless he buried himself."

A South Yorkshire Police statement said: "The investigation into the disappearance of Ben Needham remains with the Greek authorities.

"Should they request any help or support from South Yorkshire Police we will look to support them where we can and within our resources.

"The force's role is primarily to provide ongoing support to Ben's family, in particular his mum Kerry.

"South Yorkshire Police continues to undertake a review of material gathered locally during the past 20 years with officers also working with other agencies to examine any material held by them that might further the review."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-18190779

As an aside, this is said to be the farmhouse being renovated by the Needham family when Ben Needham disappeared..

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 12 2852690.main_image

Would you allow a 21 month old tiny child play around on such rough terrain unsupervised?  I wouldn't!  Aside from that, no doubt the island of Kos has it's fair share of slithery slimy reptiles and bitey insects during the hot summer months.
I can see so many dangers in that bottom photograph.
No I wouldn't leave a 21-month-old child to play unsupervised there,in fact I wouldn't leave a 21-month-old child to play anywhere unsupervised.His grandparents were supposed to be looking after him though, so they were his supervisors.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements 10.10.16 17:06

Nina wrote:His grandparents were supposed to be looking after him though, so they were his supervisors.
What terrible feelings of guilt they must have had to live with for the past 21 years.

Activity : 701

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 10.10.16 19:03

Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:
Nina wrote:His grandparents were supposed to be looking after him though, so they were his supervisors.
What terrible feelings of guilt they must have had to live with for the past 21 years.
Yes indeed GGS. I was once supervising our 2 grandsons and one fell down a slope where we were walking and broke a tooth. I still feel guilty and it was over 30 years ago.
Their feelings of guilt must be terrible to bear year after year.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 10.10.16 20:47

Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:
I can't begin to empathize with the Needham family until such times as the truth behind Ben Needham's disappearance is known, as it stands the grandparents are 100% responsible for the child's disappearance - there are no extenuating circumstances any more than there are to placate the McCanns.  The child should NOT have been left alone!  Given the similarities between the aftermath of this case and that of Madeleine McCann's disappearance, do you have any thoughts as to what may have happened to Ben Needham?

Like Madeleine McCann, Ben Needham disappeared off the face of the earth and hasn't knowingly been seen or heard of since.  The mother, Kerry Needham, until recently believed that her son was abducted and is thus alive and findable - just as the McCanns have claimed over the past  nine + years about their daughter.  There is no evidence to support this claim as far as I've seen, although I can quite understand a mother being in denial and refusing to accept that their child is no longer alive.   However, again as with the case of Madeleine McCann, there is so far no evidence whatsoever to indicate the fate of Ben Needham.

Personally, I don't believe there is any truth in the present lines of investigation that suggest Ben Needham was accidently crushed by a digger and buried deliberately or by chance by a digger driver - any more than I believe Madeleine McCann was abducted or any other theories perpetrated by the McCanns and/or Operation Grange.

In my opinion this case is any but straightforward - any child that disappears without trace is suspect until proven otherwise.  Ben Needham is no exception.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 11.10.16 0:09

The ONLY victim in this case is Ben Needham - the ONLY victim in the other case is Madeleine McCann.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 11.10.16 13:41

No newspaper coverage of the dig on Kos since 2 days ago, 9th October. Does anyone know if the dig is still happening and if so, why it's gone quiet.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 11.10.16 14:11

bobbin wrote:No newspaper coverage of the dig on Kos since 2 days ago, 9th October. Does anyone know if the dig is still happening and if so, why it's gone quiet.
They could be waiting for forensics? 
Last report was yesterday as far as I know. 
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/oct/10/tired-and-distressed-ben-needhams-mother-prepares-to-accept-his-death

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 11.10.16 14:35

MayMuse wrote:
bobbin wrote:No newspaper coverage of the dig on Kos since 2 days ago, 9th October. Does anyone know if the dig is still happening and if so, why it's gone quiet.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/oct/10/tired-and-distressed-ben-needhams-mother-prepares-to-accept-his-death
The Guardian article is a bit strange in that it refers to Kerry as 'Needham'.

Snippets

In a tearful television interview on Monday, Needham said she and her family were “tired and distressed”. She spoke as police entered their third week of searches on Kos after new information that Ben, who was 21 months old when he disappeared, may have been accidentally killed by a digger driver.

Needham said her family was trying to remain calm but every day was an “agonising wait” for news from the police. “They are in constant contact with us and updating us on everything, but every time the phone rings you think: is this going to be the one with the bad news?’’ she said.

Needham, who has been warned to “prepare for the worst”, thanked the public, the police and the British media for their support.

This isn't the usual way to address the mother of a missing child in the press.

Just an observation.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 11.10.16 15:16

Todays (Day 16) ITV update from DI Cousins:

https://www.facebook.com/calendarnews/videos/vb.106174219415088/1353525118013319/?type=3&theater

As far as forensics, it was reported yesterday or day before that 60 items of 'some interest' had been recovered, but they had not yet been sent back to the UK and would be taken back at the end of the dig, so basically not of very much importance obviously.
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 11.10.16 15:49

aquila wrote:
MayMuse wrote:

Snippets

In a tearful television interview on Monday, Needham said she and her family were “tired and distressed”. She spoke as police entered their third week of searches on Kos after new information that Ben, who was 21 months old when he disappeared, may have been accidentally killed by a digger driver.

Needham said her family was trying to remain calm but every day was an “agonising wait” for news from the police. “They are in constant contact with us and updating us on everything, but every time the phone rings you think: is this going to be the one with the bad news?’’ she said.

Needham, who has been warned to “prepare for the worst”, thanked the public, the police and the British media for their support.

Just an observation.
Hi aquilla, thank you for your post.  From my limited knowledge of the dark arts, referring to someone by their surname is a device used where they are a suspect?????  Weird.  These things are not done by mistake, there are writers, editors, sub editors, proof readers etc who's job it is to ensure copy is accurate, relevant, spelt properly and grammatically correct.
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 11.10.16 16:10

sar wrote:
aquila wrote:
MayMuse wrote:

Snippets

Just an observation.
Hi aquilla, thank you for your post.  From my limited knowledge of the dark arts, referring to someone by their surname is a device used where they are a suspect?????  Weird.  These things are not done by mistake, there are writers, editors, sub editors, proof readers etc who's job it is to ensure copy is accurate, relevant, spelt properly and grammatically correct.
I had the same thought; have to disagree  on your sentence though,as how much blatant anomalies,and substandard writings have we witnessed with acute abominable inaccuracy over the years!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 11.10.16 16:18

MayMuse wrote:
sar wrote:
aquila wrote:
MayMuse wrote:

Snippets

Just an observation.
I had the same thought; have to disagree  on your sentence though,as how much blatant anomalies,and substandard writings have we witnessed with acute abominable inaccuracy over the years!
I agree May Muse, especially from the Grauniad (I'm not a fan).

However, it is rather strange that Kerry Needham is reduced to 'Needham' in their (The Guardian) copy. If nothing else it's quite openly disrespectful imo.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 11.10.16 16:29

aquila wrote:
MayMuse wrote:
sar wrote:
aquila wrote:
MayMuse wrote:

Snippets

Just an observation.

However, it is rather strange that Kerry Needham is reduced to 'Needham' in their (The Guardian) copy. If nothing else it's quite openly disrespectful imo.
Yes very disrespectful. Not a fan of newspapers altogether!
The Graunaid, renowned for typographical errors, did you know they own that domain too big grin

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 11.10.16 16:48

MayMuse wrote:
aquila wrote:
MayMuse wrote:
sar wrote:
aquila wrote:
MayMuse wrote:

Snippets

Just an observation.

The Graunaid, renowned for typographical errors, did you know they own that domain too big grin
Sorry MayMuse, have to laugh but is this an intentionally ironic 'graunaided' grauniadism or just a grauniad type 'typo'.

and I agree, it's just plain disrespectful, for any reason, to refer to any lady by her surname. That happened last when I was in school, when it was the accepted thing, at morning registration time, some 60 years ago. Perhaps the grauniad jurnohs actually think her first nmae is her sruname and her sruname is her first nmae.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 11.10.16 17:39

bobbin wrote:
MayMuse wrote:
aquila wrote:
MayMuse wrote:
sar wrote:
aquila wrote:
MayMuse wrote:

Snippets

Just an observation.

Sorry MayMuse, have to laugh but is this an intentionally ironic 'graunaided' grauniadism or just a grauniad type 'typo'.

and I agree, it's just plain disrespectful, for any reason, to refer to any lady by her surname. That happened last when I was in school, when it was the accepted thing, at morning registration time, some 60 years ago. Perhaps the grauniad jurnohs actually think her first nmae is her sruname and her sruname is her first nmae.
Ironically satirical   big grin The best explanation is from an internet user who works for the Guardian.
SaveSave

The Guardian’s reputation for misprints has a more elaborate origin than just a rushed first edition.
From the early 1960s, the paper was typeset half in Manchester and half in London – all hot-metal – with the two halves being united by “duplicated teletypesetting”: Linotype machines operated over phone lines. According to the paper’s official history, the chief sub at the time described it as “the most God-awful printing system ever invented”.
Here’s how the consequences are described in the book (Changing Faces, by Geoffrey Taylor, Fourth Estate, 1993): “The cardinal weakness of the method was that it magnified electronically the errors which normally arise in keyboard operation, and since the proofreaders’ corrections took half an hour to reach one end from the other the paper was full of misprints, or literals as newspaper people like to call them. Thus was the long-standing title of Grauniad born in the pages of Private Eye. Moreover since compositors were paid for making corrections to other compositors’ work the inducement towards accuracy in the original setting was less emphatic than it might have been. The Guardian stuck with this system for 15 years.”
(I work at the Guardian, but I’m commenting in a personal capacity. If there are any misprints in that quote, you can assume they arose in the course of my keyboard operations.)

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 11.10.16 20:41

The thing confusing me with this latest affair, is Kerry Needham's sudden change of attitude towards her child's disappearance.

Up-page I posted a link to a UK press article reported in May (that month again) 2012.  Essentially, the situation at that time as regards the focus of the investigation, was the same as the present focus - that Ben Needham was killed in the locality of the farmhouse being renovated by his family and buried in rubble. At the time, as can be seen from the press report, Ms Needham was still adamant that her son had been abducted and was alive and findable, totally dismissing the focus of the investigation.

Nothing new has come to light since May 2012, other than the incredible story about a dead man driving a digger,  that might cause Ms Needham to think differently about her son's fate.  Why has she now changed her mind - nothing has been found as a result of this latest dig;  Indeed, she was told to expect the worse before the dig even commenced.

I recently read another UK press report about the father of Ben Needham and his private visit to the island of Kos to watch the previous work of police excavation.  If the report is to be believed, much of it was written as direct quotes, he wasn't invited by the police or the Needham family to visit the island and witness the dig, he went on his own steam.  As an aside, he even said Kerry Needham would 'leave no stone unturned'.  Apparently, he moved to Kos with Kerry Needham and son Ben in the April prior to Ben's disappearance.  Work dried up so he was destitute - I get the impression there was tension between him and Kerry Needham, so he left the island just before the child disappeared.  If I was a police officer investigating a missing child, I would be more than a bit interested in this character and his relationship with the child's mother.

Of course there is no written law as to how anyone should respond to a personal tragedy but I'm fairly certain if, heaven forbid, I were in Kerry Needham's position I would hold the grandparents entirely responsible for the loss of my child - perhaps not by total rejection but I wouldn't embrace them, nor use them to bolster the find Ben campaign.

Somebody/s is being very economical with the truth in this sorry saga.  Children DO NOT just disappear off the face of the earth without trace.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 11.10.16 23:27

I've never before seen this rather lengthy prosaic account of Ben Needham's nearest and dearest, a real eye opener..

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2009/mar/29/missing-child-ben-needham

Make up your own mind - I have!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 12.10.16 0:04

MayMuse wrote:Long article from 2009 giving family background information & surrounding Bens disappearance, their struggle, Gordon Brown non-help, the white car etc. etc.  Worth the time to read. 

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2009/mar/29/missing-child-ben-needham

@verdi I posted the same article on the 3rd for background info, much has been taken from the early documentaries like the lost boy.

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top