The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 10 Mm11

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 10 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 10 Mm11

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 10 Regist10

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016*** (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators)

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 10 Empty Re: ***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016*** (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators)

Post by Verdi 05.10.16 20:23

Ben Needham search: Grandfather visits Kos search site

6 hours ago

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-37561015

'Police are investigating whether the toddler was accidentally killed rather than abducted.'

As with the case of Madeleine McCann - was there ever any evidence or intelligence to suggest Ben Needham was abducted?

The South Yorkshire police (that name again) targeted twelve days to complete this/these latest excavation/s (I'm confused ) - it's now day ten and so far nothing has been unearthed.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42323

Back to top Go down

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016***  (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators) - Page 10 Empty Re: ***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016*** (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators)

Post by Doug D 05.10.16 21:50

Verdi:

‘it's now day ten and so far nothing has been unearthed.’

We also don’t know where the second site is that they intend to dig.

I originally assumed the two were going to be the ‘Needham Farmhouse’ and the ‘Dino Barkas building site’, but these have both been investigated in the first dig.

Where to now?

Possibilities?

a/.       Grandparent’s caravan site

b/.       Stephen’s bike accident site (if they have identified it)

c/.        ?????????????????????

Wherever they go next will suggest a lot of answers to the specific intelligence they must have received.
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 05.10.16 23:46

Doug D,

Maybe if the UK press got their act together and reported fact as the investigation proceeds, then one might be able to deduce something positive.  This is so reminiscent of the Madeleine McCann reportage over the years, such conflicting information from one day to the next.

Bog Basic information - Ben Needham, like Madeleine McCann, disappeared without trace.  Courtesy of a grant made by the Home Office to South Yorkshire police, a renewed initiative commenced ten days ago to follow a new line of inquiry resulting from (apparently) a dead mans confession that he may have crushed the child with his bulldozer - full stop! 

According to reports, contrary to the claimed confession, a number of different areas in the vicinity of the farmhouse re-build are being targeted for excavation - the perimeter of the farmhouse;  the foundations of the farmhouse extension said to have been originally laid by the Needham grandparents;  an olive/fig tree that wasn't there before has been up-rooted (?);  a nearby olive grove and some obscure location said to have been worked on by Barkas all those years ago.

What are they hoping to find - a sandalwood tree bearing the fruits of a missing item of footwear?

Sorry but this is on a road to nowhere.  A cosmetic exercise to justify the millions wasted on one isolated missing child case - Madeleine McCann!  So sad that the loss of little innocent children are used in a global game of chess.  Makes me ashamed to be a member of the human race - animals don't behave in such an abominable manner.

I want my money back!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.16 8:28

Verdi wrote:
Sorry but this is on a road to nowhere.  A cosmetic exercise to justify the millions wasted on one isolated missing child case - Madeleine McCann!
I think so too.

It's PR.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 06.10.16 8:28

Second site ‘not very far away’.

Kos town is ‘not very far away’, so it’s not saying much yet.

Today’s morning briefing:

https://www.facebook.com/calendarnews/#

It will be revealed later today, but they seem to want to keep it under wraps for as long as possible, which makes you more suspicious.

They were not aware of it until the mystery witness came forward earlier this year.

Work has already commenced, but reporters seemingly not aware of this, so it must be more than spitting distance away.
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 06.10.16 8:46

The Mirror seem to have deduced this from the briefing:

‘But there is speculation it may have been an area where digger driver Konstantinos "Dino" Barkas used to dump rubble.
It is less than a mile from the farmhouse from where Ben went missing in 1991.’

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-needham-police-search-mystery-8987829

As the crow flies, it is less than a mile to the sea, so assuming that DI Cousins said nothing more, probably just their speculation.

It does seem odd that Barkas would have a special place to dump rubble, as the Greek way is pretty much to dump it where you dig it,although I suppose some sites probably do need clearing properly. The bank alongside the road at the ‘Needham farmhouse’ was made up of builders rubble.
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.10.16 9:06

Doug D wrote:The Mirror seem to have deduced this from the briefing:

‘But there is speculation it may have been an area where digger driver Konstantinos "Dino" Barkas used to dump rubble.
It is less than a mile from the farmhouse from where Ben went missing in 1991.’

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-needham-police-search-mystery-8987829

As the crow flies, it is less than a mile to the sea, so assuming that DI Cousins said nothing more, probably just their speculation.

It does seem odd that Barkas would have a special place to dump rubble, as the Greek way is pretty much to dump it where you dig it,although I suppose some sites probably do need clearing properly. The bank alongside the road at the ‘Needham farmhouse’ was made up of builders rubble.
Ben can hardly have toddled off for 'nearly a mile' at the age of just 21 months.

Whatever did happen, I am absolutely certain he never 'wandered off' amidst the uneven ground and unmade-up lane etc. and, of course, the 130 deg F temperature in the sun that day

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 06.10.16 9:52

ITV interview with Eddie from last night, although no mention is made of the foundations in it:

https://www.facebook.com/calendarnews/

‘During his visit on the Greek isle of Kos, he inspected the foundations of a building and said they were not the same ones he put in weeks after Ben vanished.
They had apparently been replaced by another builder, he said.’

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-needhams-grandad-reveals-fears-8986842

'Not the same foundations'. What's that all about?

……………………………………………

Previous Mirror story looks to have been right.

Latest ITV update showing the new site which Cousins says has twenty piles of spoil on it to investigate:

https://www.facebook.com/calendarnews/

TB,

I don't think the suggestion is that he wandered that far, but that he could have been scooped up/buried in a pile of rubble which was then tipped off-site.
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 06.10.16 10:27

Arial view of the site,apologies if it has been posted before. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37528574

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 06.10.16 10:39

‘Over the road’, TTWO is suggesting (I think) that this second site with all of the rubble piles is around about where the caravan was located.

Cousins has not said as much, but it certainly looks to be there or thereabouts.
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 06.10.16 11:16

Carefully worded from DI Cousins?

‘However, this I do believe is connected directly to individuals that were working up on the farmhouse that day,………….’
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.10.16 11:25

Doug D wrote:Carefully worded from DI Cousins?

‘However, this I do believe is connected directly to individuals that were working up on the farmhouse that day,………….’
Yes, he and a few others probably discussed for an hour or more what form of words to use

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 06.10.16 11:37

You need to ask - why the blitz of publicity!

This is carbon copy of the last pilgrimage by Operation Grange to excavate the area surrounding the Ocean Club, Praia da Luz.  I'll wager they'll return to Yorkshire empty handed.

One of the officers was even quoted to have said yesterday, they're very happy with progress, or words to that effect.  How can nil result equate to progress?  Either they've discovered evidence of Ben Needham's remains or they haven't - they haven't!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 06.10.16 12:11

Seahorse over the road has identified the actual plot of land, which is this triangle from google maps at the junction between Kapadokias and Militou.

I can’t post this image, it just comes up as a question mark.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@36.8795744,27.3131625,3a,75y,336.6h,77.42t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s3wRZSBxj-Lm-MJB6fuOhNg!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3D3wRZSBxj-Lm-MJB6fuOhNg%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D143.20073%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656

I believe the caravan was somewhere along the ‘Kapadokias’ road, which is where Stephen was going for his shower, although some reports say he was going to Kerry’s flat.
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 06.10.16 13:54

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3824863/The-worst-thing-imaginable-Kate-McCann-says-heart-goes-Ben-Needham-s-mother-Kerry-prepares-worst-police-Kos-dig-SECOND-site.html

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 06.10.16 13:56

BlueBag wrote:
Verdi wrote:
Sorry but this is on a road to nowhere.  A cosmetic exercise to justify the millions wasted on one isolated missing child case - Madeleine McCann!
I think so too.

It's PR.
Could well be right , lookie here?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3824863/The-worst-thing-imaginable-Kate-McCann-says-heart-goes-Ben-Needham-s-mother-Kerry-prepares-worst-police-Kos-dig-SECOND-site.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 06.10.16 14:07

Nina wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3824863/The-worst-thing-imaginable-Kate-McCann-says-heart-goes-Ben-Needham-s-mother-Kerry-prepares-worst-police-Kos-dig-SECOND-site.html

I knew it, i just KNEW it, Ben's 'story' would NOT be all about...... Ben's 'story'!

So now Ben's 'story', has suddenly become, 'all about Ka£e McCann'?

ME! ME! ME!

A 'woman' who has admitted she LIED to police!

A 'woman' who has said (on the 'record', publicly) 'it dosen't matter, to us, if the (shelved) investigation, into our missing daughter, is re-opened, or NOT'

A 'woman' and her husband who have said (on the 'record', in 'print') that THEY (both) 'were GLAD, the investigation, into their missing daughter, was CLOSED'

Just an aside: I can't seem to 'recall' that Ben's mother ever, diliberately, 'jeopardised' a police investigation into Ben's 'disappearance'.

September 2007:

Police officer: "Are you aware that the fact of your not answering the questions put to you, jeopardise (diliberately, consciously, willingly and knowingly) the investigation that is aimed at finding out what happened to your daughter?"

Fake McCann answered: "Yes, if the investigation thinks that."

'comment' in DM

MorrisonMan, Brisbane, Australia, 22 minutes ago

Yes Ka£e, make this all about you...
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 06.10.16 15:12

I just can't 'wait' for the 'i feel your pain, Kerry' DM articles from Karen Matthews and Anne Darwin, both of whose 'loved ones' went 'missing'!

Recap:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2125591/Karen-Matthews-released-prison-serving-HALF-sentence-kidnapping-daughter-wants-Jeremy-Kyle-show.html

Karen Matthews was released from prison yesterday after serving just half of an eight-year sentence for kidnapping her own daughter.

Matthews, 36, was nicknamed ‘Britain’s worst mother’ after she hatched a plot to abduct Shannon, then aged nine, in February 2008 in an elaborate attempt to claim a £50,000 reward.

Matthews and her accomplice, Michael Donovan, 44, sparked a £3.2million police hunt when they kidnapped Shannon from her home.

A tearful Matthews made TV appeals pleading with her daughter’s abductor to set her free and hundreds of local people helped search for the girl.

Shannon was found by police 24 days later in Donovan’s flat a mile away, hidden in a compartment under a bed. Donovan, who was also jailed for eight years, was released last week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3821431/Viewers-slam-Anne-Darwin-TV-interview-showing-emotion-talking-not-sons-told-father-dead.html

Viewers slam Anne Darwin after her first TV interview for only showing emotion when talking about HERSELF not her sons who she told 'your father is dead.'

Anne Darwin was jailed in 2008 after helping ex-husband fake his death.
She admitted on ITV's This Morning that she expected they'd be caught.
Took part in fraud so couple could cash in on husband John's life insurance.
She also told her two sons Mark and Anthony that their father was dead.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 06.10.16 15:15

Nina wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3824863/The-worst-thing-imaginable-Kate-McCann-says-heart-goes-Ben-Needham-s-mother-Kerry-prepares-worst-police-Kos-dig-SECOND-site.html
Aww bless - dear dear ever faithful Tracey Kandohla in Kos for Mail Online - still championing the prime suspects in the disappearance of a little three year old child.

'Kate has offered her support, describing the wait for news as the 'worst thing imaginable'

News?  What news exactly has Ms. Healy been waiting for - she already knows 'cos she was there.

Ms. Kandohla really should back-off, she's making an absolute ass of herself.  How do these journalists get away with it, doesn't a sub-editor check reportage before going to print?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 06.10.16 15:22

jeanmonroe wrote:I just can't 'wait' for the 'i feel your pain, Kerry' DM articles from Karen Matthews and Anne Darwin, both of whose 'loved ones' went 'missing'!
She's an ambassador for Missing People Charity - don'tcha know.  When she gave up work nine years ago she said she was going to dedicate her life to charity, in particular children.  This must be it!

Has she ever felt Mr. Amaral's pain I ask myself?  Oh no, silly me, she wants him to feel pain..

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 06.10.16 15:34

Tony Bennet wrote:
Whatever did happen, I am absolutely certain he never 'wandered off' amidst the uneven ground and unmade-up lane etc. and, of course, the 130 deg F temperature in the sun that day
That's a very good point actually - I doubt if Ben Needham was acclimatized to a Greek summer, another reason to question what he was doing wandering around outside a near derelict building, with no shade.

Many moons ago I made the mistake of visiting a Greek island in the month of July, the heat was unbearable and that was a coastal region.  I'm not averse to the rays of the sun but even I had to hide away during daylight hours - never repeated that performance!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 06.10.16 16:14

@ Verdi

'Aww bless - dear dear ever faithful Tracey Kandohla in Kos for Mail Online - still championing the prime suspects in the disappearance of a little three year old child.'

Bet 'our Trace' is the 'life and soul' of the nightly 'karaoke' circuit, in Kos!

Her 'fave' song being (in Kos).......'tie a Maddie ribbon round the old fig tree'

Well, there ain't 'much else to do' is there, after the ol' bill leave the 'dig' site, every evening/night, until returning the next day.

Time enough to knock back a few shots of 'ouzo'! winkwink
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 06.10.16 17:53

Verdi wrote:
Tony Bennet wrote:
That's a very good point actually - I doubt if Ben Needham was acclimatized to a Greek summer, another reason to question what he was doing wandering around outside a near derelict building, with no shade.

Many moons ago I made the mistake of visiting a Greek island in the month of July, the heat was unbearable and that was a coastal region.  I'm not averse to the rays of the sun but even I had to hide away during daylight hours - never repeated that performance!
Also Verdi one of the accounts that I read said he was pouring water all over his head so no sun hat either, or that would have been hung to dry too.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 06.10.16 18:19

Nina wrote:
Verdi wrote:
Tony Bennet wrote:

Also Verdi one of the accounts that I read said he was pouring water all over his head so no sun hat either, or that would have been hung to dry too.It
It's always been stated that Ben's shorts were put on the tree to dry because Ben was "pouring water over his head", and they had become wet.  Yet in one of the videos on Youtube, Christine said that Ben had wet himself. So, what is the truth?  Moreover, if Ben was pouring water over his head, wouldn't it be more likely that his top would be wet, rather than his shorts?
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 06.10.16 18:26

sallypelt wrote:
Nina wrote:
Verdi wrote:
Tony Bennet wrote:

Also Verdi one of the accounts that I read said he was pouring water all over his head so no sun hat either, or that would have been hung to dry too.It
It's always been stated that Ben's shorts were put on the tree to dry because Ben was "pouring water over his head", and they had become wet.  Yet in one of the videos on Youtube, Christine said that Ben had wet himself. So, what is the truth?  Moreover, if Ben was pouring water over his head, wouldn't it be more likely that his top would be wet, rather than his shorts?
Ben actually wet himself, Christine has always spoken of this. He had been playing with a hose at the farmhouse and his Grandfather assumed the shorts were wet from that. But he had wet himself, hence the shorts to dry. However I agree if he had been playing with the water hose then all of him and clothes would be wet. It may have been a different part of the day? 

On a side note; In the dig in 2012 they found nothing other than some "toys" that Ben had played with that day. I do not think they ever released which toys they were? Christine has stated in a documentary that the "dinky car toys" went missing as well as the shorts.

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top