The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as many of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016*** (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators)

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016*** (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators)

Post by Doug D on 28.09.16 17:59

Re-digging the mound they dug out in 2012 by the look of the picture.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***'Kos dig' starts 26 Sep 2016*** (was: Kerry Needham 'prepared for worst' by investigators)

Post by Doug D on 28.09.16 18:09

Roxyroo,

This is what has been deemed the 'last photo', but was not taken on the day he went missing (as far as we know) and he is not wearing what he was said to have been wearing when he vanished.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 28.09.16 18:35

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@MayMuse wrote:A journalist apparently knew of this information/theory in 2012, as told to him by a Greek detective? He also interviewed 'Dino" Barkas.  
( Includes further interview with Kerry) 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-needham-prime-suspect-got-8853313#ICID=sharebar_twitter
Oh! That is interesting. Someone's telling fibs and porky pies, then, because the other day we were told Mr Digger-Driver had died only last year from cancer, and was on his death-bed when he 'confessed'. So how come he gave this information out in 2012, four years ago? Has he been on his death-bed for 12 years?
Not sure about porkies as per the quote in the article. The journalist Tom Parry met Barkas & the Greek detective in 2012.  It was this Greek detective ( no name mentioned?) who  informed him ( Tom Parry) of his suspicions?  I do not think that Barkas was known to be ill at that time? If  true, why did the Greek detective not pursue this with Barkas? Does not make any sense? 

"This was May 2012, at the end of a week in which photographer Roger Allen and I had uncovered a new line of inquiry into the mystery. A Greek detective had told me they believed Ben’s body was probably buried on the island near where he was last seen and that Barkas had been working nearby that day."

@ Hobs wrote: "I would ask that all those present that day be re interviewed by a statement analyst who would be able to clear the innocent, hopefully find the guilty (if it was by a family) and learn where Ben was buried".

REPLY: Amen. thumbsup  If only we had the transcript of the Greek Police's interviews with Stephen, as we have had, Portugal-style, in the Madeleine McCann case.
Do the Greek not have the same policy as the Portuguese legal system?

@ MayMuse wrote:  "Please spare a thought for KERRY at this time, article includes video of her speaking about the investigation, her pain & heartbreak is palpable".

REPLY: You must think some of us are very nasty on here, doubting the accounts and demeanour of parents of young children who have gone missing or been killed in mysterious circumstances. Many many times journalists have written of how Kate Mcanns' "pain & heartbreak is palpable". We need to bear in mind a number of things. First, in almost all of these cases, it turns out that a member of the close family is directly responsible. Second, parents can act distressed - take the Denise and Karen Matthews case. Third, parents can become distressed because they fear a terrible secret coming out, as well as being genuinely distressed about the loss of their child. So many times we have see tears flow from those who have wickedly killed their children.
Of course there are many cases whereby parents have been involved, it does not make it so in every case. I personally would not compare Kerry with Kate,there is a huge "palpable" difference and do not believe Kerry has any knowledge of what happened to Ben other than he went missing. I have said before that I respect others opinions and was only asking for some thought for Kerry at this harrowing time, I for one, would not have liked to walk in her shoes all these years.  There have been many unproven theories surrounding Ben's disappearance since 1991; no one knows what this particular investigation will find/prove until it concludes.  I find it all quite suspicious, the way the investigation has gained momentum, the reporting and high media interest and the police warning Kerry to be prepared for the worst? Why do that now? Why not leave that until they have solid evidence of Ben's demise? Is that not callous? Are we too look here and not there springs to mind? As for some being "nasty" I would not make any judgement of such purely by a few comments alone. 
=======

P.S.  More press pics coming in by the minute:

A thought occurred after the latest release of the excavation photos, is this "groundwork"  for the public to be  "fed a scene"  to make way a more convincing outcome  for another case?  IMO 

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 28.09.16 18:57

@Doug D wrote:Re-digging the mound they dug out in 2012 by the look of the picture.
Why not bring in the dogs? 
Surely they would be of benefit to pinpoint a more specific site, that last photo shown of the excavated area looked vast?

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 28.09.16 19:15

@Doug D wrote:Roxyroo,

This is what has been deemed the 'last photo', but was not taken on the day he went missing (as far as we know) and he is not wearing what he was said to have been wearing when he vanished.
The reason for showing this "last photo" is to show the sandals Ben was wearing when he disappeared. I believe they are looking for the buckles of these sandals.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 28.09.16 20:12

@Hobs wrote:Personally, i think they need to statement analyze the uncle due to the damage on his bike and that he  'disappeared' on it during the same time frame that Ben  vanished.

As has been pointed out, why would the digger driver  cover up what was an accident?
Would the digger driver even know or have seen Ben as he was working?
If he hadn't seen Ben, how would he know that he had killed Ben since he likely would not have felt him under neath the digger (the weight of the digger and the working environment)

If it was an accident as claimed and he told a friend, why would the friend not contact police at the time, accidents happen all the time on building sites.

Could the digger driver be the perfect patsy for a crime committed by someone else?
The 'friend' decides the time is right to now 'confess' what he knew and blamed the now dead driver who could not refute the allegations.

I would ask that all those present that day be re interviewed by a statement analyst who would be able to clear the innocent, hopefully find the guilty (if it was by a family) and learn where Ben was buried
thumbsup Well said - my sentiments exactly !  It doesn't take a genius to recognize a nonsense omnibus does it - just about as believable as Kate McCann's fictional autobiography.

If long term guilt forced a death confession, why the heck didn't he relieve his conscience of the burden he was carrying years before.  This just defies all logic.

Another stark reminder of the case of Madeleine McCann - the ensuing years have detracted from the circumstances around the time the child disappeared.  For example, as I asked before now, what was such a young child doing roaming about in and and out of a half derelict building, without constant adult supervision and why did the family leave it so long before calling the police.

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 29.09.16 9:38

Signs of decomposition found on land close to where Ben Needham was last seen

South Yorkshire detectives searching for the remains of Ben Needham say soil sample analysis has revealed signs of decomposition

Speaking from close to the spot where the 21-month-old vanished in July 1991, Detective Inspector Jon Cousins said experts from America and Aberdeen University have been involved in the analysis work, which he said was 'groundbreaking ' and 'new science'.

He said some of the soil samples collected in April last year and which showed signs of decomposition were examined and narrowed down to a dead bat and dead dog.

They suspect human waste from an underground cess pit could also be responsible for the signs of decomposition found in some of the soil.

Work is still underway on one sample, which DI Cousins said revealed 'nutrients consistent with the decomposition of something'.

Detectives are today continuing to dig the land close to where Ben was last seen alive in July 1991.

They received a tip-off in June from a friend of a digger driver, who died last year but who had been clearing a building plot near to where Ben went missing.

The friend said he suspected the driver may have accidentally buried the tot.

Material from the building plot was moved to two sites on Kos, which are both due to be excavated.

Ben's mum, Kerry Needham, from Ecclesfield, was told to 'prepare for the worst' when detectives told her about the planned excavation work, which began on Monday.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/signs-of-decomposition-found-on-land-close-to-where-ben-needham-was-last-seen-1-8153554
Google.Gaspar.Statements

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 29.09.16 10:28

Day 4 Press briefing video on here:

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2016-09-29/ben-needham-new-science-techniques-being-used-in-search/

Just my bigotry probably, but I must confess that I wish Detective Inspector Jon Cousins would take the plum out of his mouth, lose the white shirt & tie, look as though he was actually getting involved and stop looking as though he was enjoying the limelight so much.

It gets more like Redwood’s farcical Portuguese dig every day.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.09.16 10:35

@Doug D wrote:It gets more like Redwood’s farcical Portuguese dig every day.
Yes, very much so.

And we now have this:

-----

"He said some of the soil samples collected in April last year and which showed signs of decomposition were examined and narrowed down to a dead bat and dead dog. They suspect human waste from an underground cess pit could also be responsible for the signs of decomposition found in some of the soil. Work is still underway on one sample, which DI Cousins said revealed 'nutrients consistent with the decomposition of something'."

-----

It looks like this search will be about as successful as Redwood's

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 29.09.16 10:40

Shocked bigshock Decomposition 
Bat
Dog
Cess pit waste ( containing nutrients consisting of decomposition of "something") 

Samples taken April last year?
No new samples yet analysed? 

Groundbreaking new science, still investigating those samples? 

Bring in the DOGS!!!

Good Grief!

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 29.09.16 10:51

@Doug D wrote:Re-digging the mound they dug out in 2012 by the look of the picture.

Is it the same area? the sniffer dogs didn't detect anything in 2012 when they searched those areas, apparently.
They seem to be taking the witnesses info. very seriously but digging that area again would seem pointless.

People have mentioned a 'deathbed confession' by the digger operator but all I can find on it is media presuming that because the information came out at a similar time to him dying. As I understand it, the associate / 'friend' of Barkas came forward after he died because he didn't want to drop him in it when he was still living, also the statute of limitations means he can't be prosecuted for withholding information now.

It does all seem like a repeat of the portugal digs so far....minus the dogs.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 29.09.16 12:16

jeanmonroe Today at 12:12
Sky News.......now!

Forensics 'experts' that did Madeleine McCann 'investigation' are on Ben Needham digging 'team'.

Perhaps they'll 'find' the 'other' SOCK, ex DCI Redwood couldn't 'find' in PDL!
Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 29.09.16 13:45

Just for the record, I have been very optimistic about this latest search, that they WILL find Ben's remains. So, I will wait and see if I have been naïve.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 29.09.16 14:14

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:jeanmonroe Today at 12:12
Sky News.......now!

Forensics 'experts' that did Madeleine McCann 'investigation' are on Ben Needham digging 'team'.

Perhaps they'll 'find' the 'other' SOCK, ex DCI Redwood couldn't 'find' in PDL!
Sick of the media spewing that little girls name out at every opportunity as if they are giving out sweets to orphans! Sorry but it makes me so mad!

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 29.09.16 14:15

@sallypelt wrote:Just for the record, I have been very optimistic about this latest search, that they WILL find Ben's remains. So, I will wait and see if I have been naïve.
For the record, I would be surprised if they did?

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 29.09.16 14:29

@MayMuse wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:Just for the record, I have been very optimistic about this latest search, that they WILL find Ben's remains. So, I will wait and see if I have been naïve.
If I was being pessimistic about everything, I would start asking myself what am I coming to the Forum for, if everything is a "cover-up", or "staged". As I've said, I may have to eat humble pie, but on this latest search, I have never thought, at any time, that it's "for the cameras".

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 29.09.16 14:35

According to reports, the soil samples are being analysed in Aberdeen,  Scotland

Also, was the sandal part, they found in 2012, part of Ben's sandal?:

"Mr Cousins revealed that one line of inquiry they are focusing on is the sandals Ben was wearing on the day he disappeared. And he disclosed that part of a sandal was found during their initial excavations back in 2012. Experts are now determining if that segment has any connection to Ben:.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-needham-missing-police-dig-8937974

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 29.09.16 17:03

@sallypelt wrote:
@MayMuse wrote:
If I was being pessimistic about everything, I would start asking myself what am I coming to the Forum for, if everything is a "cover-up", or "staged". As I've said, I may have to eat humble pie, but on this latest search, I have never thought, at any time, that it's "for the cameras".

I have to say I agree with you sallypelt, it seems like they are searching because of what this witness said and are quite convinced by it as they told Kerry Needham they were now lookig for remains. If it was all for show, why tell her that?they could have just done the digs anyway.   It does however remind me of the Portugal digs with all the reports of fragments they are finding.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 29.09.16 17:47

@sallypelt wrote:
@MayMuse wrote:
Not being pessimistic or think everything may be 'staged'  or for the cameras. 
I might have to eat humble pie too, just think that if it is the case of finding Bens remains, they are not where they are looking.

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.09.16 18:44

So - yet one more tantalizing 'titbit' released by an anonymous source - we've had a dozen or more little titbits like this over the past few days.

And accompanied by a nice picture of eight uniformed people looking down at the ground.

If their aim was to maximise TV & press coverage, there have surely succeeded beyond their wildest dreams

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 29.09.16 18:51

2000 year old tombs covered in Roman pottery, what an amazing discovery. 
Good strong indicators of decomposition there,  I would have thought! 

It mentions the sandals or part of which was found in 2012 in the article too, why so long to "process" ? 
Is it now because of the "friend" of Barkas story? 
 Thanks for the link @sallypelt

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz on 29.09.16 20:04

@MayMuse wrote:Shocked bigshock  Decomposition 
Bat
Dog
Cess pit waste ( containing nutrients consisting of decomposition of "something") 

Bring in the DOGS!!!

Good Grief!
Nice thought but we all know that dogs can easily confuse a coconut shell with a part of a skull don't we? Just ask Lenny Harper.

kaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 29.09.16 20:57

@kaz wrote:
@MayMuse wrote:Shocked bigshock  Decomposition 
Bat
Dog

Bring in the DOGS!!!

Good Grief!
Nice thought but we all know that dogs can easily confuse a coconut shell with a part of a skull don't we? Just ask Lenny Harper.
As Martin Grime said about that: 'People aren't right 100 per cent of the time. Otherwise they wouldn't be human.'
Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.09.16 21:33

A handy ancient burial site of archeological/historical interest.

A few dog and bat bones.

A drain/cesspit inspection.

A relatively new fig tree.

A shoe being reconstructed by a Greek cobbler.

A team of Greek/UK police, a US Body Farm specialist, a Scottish forensic laboratory and super duper new forensic techniques.

A mass of Press photography, even allowing the UK Press into the farm house.

That's it so far.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum