The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Tapas 9 Russel O'Brien - Page 4 Mm11

Tapas 9 Russel O'Brien - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Tapas 9 Russel O'Brien - Page 4 Mm11

Tapas 9 Russel O'Brien - Page 4 Regist10

Tapas 9 Russel O'Brien

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tapas 9 Russel O'Brien - Page 4 Empty Re: Tapas 9 Russel O'Brien

Post by Verdi 24.10.16 15:00

No, nothing to worry about..

Tapas 9 Russel O'Brien - Page 4 Apartment5afrompatio           Tapas 9 Russel O'Brien - Page 4 Tvi242308s

Tapas 9 Russel O'Brien - Page 4 Apartment5acourtyard

It felt so safe....

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 24.10.16 17:26

Verdi @ 20.41 yesterday.

The CCTV footage we can see from the Paraiso is timed from 17.31 which looks to be as they are arriving, but KM says in the book:

Having arranged for Gerry to meet the children, I opted to go for a run along the beach, where I spotted the rest of our holiday group. They saw me and shouted some words of encouragement. At least, I think that’s what they were shouting! I remember feeling fleetingly disappointed that we hadn’t known they were all heading for the beach, as it might have been nice to have joined them, especially for the kids.’

So she doesn’t actually say she saw them at the Paraiso.

JT’s rog:

‘And also I saw, we saw Kate running when we were at the Café Parisio or whatever it was, Kate was running along, we saw Kate running along the beach, so she’d obviously gone for a run.  Actually I think that was before, I think that’s, yeah, that’s when we were still on the beach, so it was before we’d gone to the café that we saw Kate running”.
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 24.10.16 18:00

Verdi wrote:No, nothing to worry about..

Tapas 9 Russel O'Brien - Page 4 Apartment5afrompatio           Tapas 9 Russel O'Brien - Page 4 Tvi242308s

It felt so safe....
I'm still bothered by Kate's diary where she refers to 'pruning'. I think it was the Monday. Also, a vague memory from somewhere of traces of blood found on branches ? also was there not a photo/video somewhere of the police having taken a bit of the fence at edge of patio away. All vague memories now, it was all being discussed near the beginning of the whole saga and may even have been on one of the earlier fora before Jill had set CMOMM up.
I have ofter wondered if Madeleine, perhaps whilst being looked after with the other children, or when perhaps not even being looked after, during the evening meal, or at any other time even, may have perhaps wandered off, inquisitively, and fallen, perhaps banging her head with contusions not noted at the time.
Apparently, according to Kate, Madeleine had wandered off and hidden, causing them to search for her, on an evening previous to Thurs. 3rd May.
Certainly Mark Warner and their child care facilities would not have wanted a thing like this to be thought.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 24.10.16 20:11

bobbin wrote:
Verdi wrote:No, nothing to worry about..

It felt so safe....
I'm still bothered by Kate's diary where she refers to 'pruning'. I think it was the Monday. Also, a vague memory from somewhere of traces of blood found on branches ? also was there not a photo/video somewhere of the police having taken a bit of the fence at edge of patio away. All vague memories now, it was all being discussed near the beginning of the whole saga and may even have been on one of the earlier fora before Jill had set CMOMM up.
I have ofter wondered if Madeleine, perhaps whilst being looked after with the other children, or when perhaps not even being looked after, during the evening meal, or at any other time even, may have perhaps wandered off, inquisitively, and fallen, perhaps banging her head with contusions not noted at the time.
Apparently, according to Kate, Madeleine had wandered off and hidden, causing them to search for her, on an evening previous to Thurs. 3rd May.
Certainly Mark Warner and their child care facilities would not have wanted a thing like this to be thought.
Hi Bobbin.Yes indeed some fencing was removed. The top one of these three photographs shows a low wall that is by a narrow section of balcony which is outside the parent's bedroom patio door/window. On this photograph the fencing has gone I cannot post photographs for some reason but in the McCannfiles there is a photograph taken which clearly shows the fencing.
Scroll down to Photo 16.......................... http://www.mccannfiles.com/id155.html

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.10.16 20:25

Hi Nina, it should be possible for you to copy and paste a photo.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41061

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 24.10.16 20:29

Get'emGonçalo wrote:Hi Nina, it should be possible for you to copy and paste a photo.
haha Getem,it should be possible for me to do all sorts of stuff but copying photographs in here has always foxed me.And now for the last couple of days I have come in here I am getting a virus warning since you changed the format.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.10.16 20:33

Nina wrote:
Get'emGonçalo wrote:Hi Nina, it should be possible for you to copy and paste a photo.
haha Getem,it should be possible for me to do all sorts of stuff but copying photographs in here has always foxed me.And now for the last couple of days I have come in here I am getting a virus warning since you changed the format.
I've only been faffing around with colours Nina, I don't think you can get a virus from that!

Have you tried using the Host Image icon for uploading a pic?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41061

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.10.16 20:43

Doug D wrote:Verdi @ 20.41 yesterday.

The CCTV footage we can see from the Paraiso is timed from 17.31 which looks to be as they are arriving, but KM says in the book:

Having arranged for Gerry to meet the children, I opted to go for a run along the beachere I spotted the rest of our holiday group. They saw me and shouted some words of encouragement. At least, I think that’s what they were shouting! I remember feeling fleetingly disappointed that we hadn’t known they were all heading for the beach, as it might have been nice to have joined them, especially for the kids.’

JT’s rog:

‘And also I saw, we saw Kate running when we were at the Café Parisio or whatever it was, Kate was running along, we saw Kate running along the beach, so she’d obviously gone for a run.  Actually I think that was before, I think that’s, yeah, that’s when we were still on the beach, so it was before we’d gone to the café that we saw Kate running”.
Some while ago I questioned the verity of Kate McCann's beach run, at the time a member posted a CCTV image of what was alleged to be her running along the beach whilst the Tapas group were at the restaurant.  Had a quick look but can't find it.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 24.10.16 21:11

Verdi wrote:
Doug D wrote:Verdi @ 20.41 yesterday.

Having arranged for Gerry to meet the children, I opted to go for a run along the beachere I spotted the rest of our holiday group. They saw me and shouted some words of encouragement. At least, I think that’s what they were shouting! I remember feeling fleetingly disappointed that we hadn’t known they were all heading for the beach, as it might have been nice to have joined them, especially for the kids.’

JT’s rog:

Some while ago I questioned the verity of Kate McCann's beach run, at the time a member posted a CCTV image of what was alleged to be her running along the beach whilst the Tapas group were at the restaurant.  Had a quick look but can't find it.
I think you sre referring to this
Search Ref: Paraiso cctv 

[size=43]Tapas 9 Russel O'Brien - Page 4 Empty Re: CCTV in Paraiso restaurant[/size]

[size=43]
Tapas 9 Russel O'Brien - Page 4 Empty by Verdi on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:54 pm

[/size]
[size=43]@Mirage wrote:

To my mind these pictures tell a real story when related to the capture times and statements. All on record luckily.[/size]

Your powers of perception are a darn sight (excuse the pun) superior to mine - just had another look at theParaiso restaurant CCTV images and I can't build a picture (another pun?) from what I see.

I do however question why the group went to the beach that day and time but didn't invite the McCann family.  As an aside, Ella O'Brien was signed in the creche at 2:30pm by ROB (that's what it looks like) but signed out two hours later by Cat nanny - if that has any significance?

[/size]
:

:

:
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 24.10.16 21:22

Verdi wrote:
There were several CCTV images published but also one of the Tapas 9 (IIRC Fiona Payne) took her own photo from a similar position to where the CCTV camera was. I think it emerged as one of those controversial 'greyscale' images which appeared on a computer disk which was 'helpfully' prepared for the PJ by Messrs Alex Woolfall, Michael Wright and Gerry McCann. [So nice to see this level of assistance being provided to the PJ at an early stage, along of course with Nuno Lourenco's valiant effort to identify Polish holidaymaker Wojchiech Krokowski as the abductor].      

Either on the CTTV image OR on Fiona's photo was a figure walking up from the beach which someone said was Kate McCann. The consensus here was that it wasn't 

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 24.10.16 21:31

Get'emGonçalo wrote:
Nina wrote:
I've only been faffing around with colours Nina, I don't think you can get a virus from that!

Have you tried using the Host Image icon for uploading a pic?
Was only joking Getem, that is coincidental and I do like the new format. Yes I have tried the Host Image but no luck.Anyway sorry to go off topic.  roses

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.10.16 23:40

Tony Bennett wrote:
Either on the CTTV image OR on Fiona's photo was a figure walking up from the beach which someone said was Kate McCann. The consensus here was that it wasn't 
Now why doesn't that surprise me smilie .

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.10.16 0:00

Mirage wrote:
No I don't think so - as I said, a member posted the CCTV image from the restaurant showing what was supposed to be Kate McCann on the beach.  Perhaps the link to the CCTV frozen images posted up-page on the thread you have located, as suggested by Doug D, is the one in question..

Tapas 9 Russel O'Brien - Page 4 7_12_VOLUME_XIIa_Processo_Page_3270

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PARAISO.htm

If so I'm none the wiser.  Others in the images have been identified as members of the Tapas group and their children - I can't identify a single person with any accuracy least of all the person on the beach. 

Anyway thanks for taking the trouble!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by empath 02.02.17 12:47

Has anyone considered that Russel was missing for a while on the night of Maddies dissapearance, apparently because his child was sick ?
empath
empath

Activity : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 02.02.17 13:10

Verdi wrote:
Mirage wrote:
No I don't think so - as I said, a member posted the CCTV image from the restaurant showing what was supposed to be Kate McCann on the beach.  Perhaps the link to the CCTV frozen images posted up-page on the thread you have located, as suggested by Doug D, is the one in question..

Tapas 9 Russel O'Brien - Page 4 7_12_VOLUME_XIIa_Processo_Page_3270

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PARAISO.htm

If so I'm none the wiser.  Others in the images have been identified as members of the Tapas group and their children - I can't identify a single person with any accuracy least of all the person on the beach. 

Anyway thanks for taking the trouble!
There is a woman with her hair tied up passing by on the beach. She doesn't look as though she is running though, rather walking with head down.

Back to top Go down

Post by roz 01.05.17 13:43

Russell relieving Jane?
Jane Rog. (Re Thursday night)
“And what can you remember after that?”
Reply    “Erm, well Evie was still up, so I was just with Evie in the room and I think it was getting quite and Russell had sort of said ‘I’ll go and finish my meal and then I’ll come back’.  So the next thing I can sort of really remember is thinking ‘Oh I wonder why he’s not’, you know, I think I was thinking ‘Oh he’s got chatting, he’s not gonna’, you know, ‘he’s not gonna come back’, blah, blah, sort of thinking along those lines.  So I don’t know whether it was the first time I’d looked out of the window to check, but I know it was the first time I thought, because I think it was odd, I looked out of the window to check, to see if I could see them still there, and that’s when the only person I could see still at the table was, erm, Dianne and everybody else seemed to have, seemed to have gone.  Which I thought was a bit odd, because I thought even if Russell would have come back, you know, I wouldn’t have expected everybody else to, to  have left at, you know, left at that point, so.  So, I mean, that’s the first time I thought ‘Oh’, you know, ‘What’s happened’, because I couldn’t, you know, I could see them actually sitting in the, sitting in the restaurant. But I don’t know how long that is from, but I think it must have been a fair while from, because I was actually thinking ‘Oh he should be back by now’, sort of actually, you know, to actually look out of the window”.

Why was Russell going back to the apartment after eating his main course? (He had already cleaned and changed their sick child Evie.)
Jane was now with her after rushing her main meal, so what was the urgency for him to eat up and return?
It appears that Jane was anxiously checking out the window for him; she had looked at least twice.
Why ?
My brain must be a tad befuddled because I cannot come up with a reasonable explanation for it myself.
roz

Activity : 285

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 01.05.17 13:53

Can I add on to this as well, what do people think about why there was so much sickness on this holiday? It seems like a different child was vomiting every night, and yet somehow this didn't change their plans to go out every night. Adults also repeatedly vomiting (although that may have been alcohol)
It just seems odd given that Portugal isn't your classic 'dicky tummy ' destination
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzyd 01.05.17 21:19

Young children do have a tendency to catch tummy bugs & pass them round freely to all & sundry. I do find it surprising that the impact on the holiday & everyone's activities wasn't greater & I am incredulous that parents would leave toddlers unattended who were suffering from a tummy bug. Were there any reports that children were stopped from attending crèche due to fears that they might pass it on to other children?
mezzyd

Activity : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 02.05.17 8:42

@mezzyd - Mark Warners creche information from the time of the 2007 holiday categorically states that any child who is ill must be kept away from the creche for a minimum of 48 hours after they are clear of the bug. 

Let's take what Rachael says in her rog statement about young Grace who was about 1 1/2 years old and was still wearing a nappy (Toddler 1 group with Evie - who we are also told was sick):

Rachael:

1578 'Okay, and when you went to check on Grace, what sort of checks would you conduct''
 Reply 'Erm well we'd go into the room, which ordinarily we wouldn't do to be honest, erm but she seemed to have diarrhoea and kind of, I mean she'd settled quite well actually cos she'd been tired every evening, erm but every morning when she woke up, she had diarrhoea and it had gone right through her grow bag and so there's all of this sort of horrendous smell, so in the evenings when we were checking, we'd go into the room just to see if you know, there was any sort of smell yet, erm and just to make sure she was alright, to make sure she hadn't been sick, partly I think cos Matt had been sick, just wanted to make sure that she hadn't been, in case it was some sort of bug'.

Presumably the diarrhoea didn't clear up during daylight and then return every night, so it seems impossible that the creche staff wouldn't have realised that Grace had a bug - how did she get away with attending the Toddler 1 creche other than on the first day?

It seems likely that either creche attendance or runny tummy's has been exagerated, for whatever reason, as they are mutually exclusive. Again, why the need for any deception prior to the evening of the 3 May?

Also, we have Ellie O'Brien who had had a foot operation a few days before departure and whose doctor had told the O'Briens to  keep clear of the swimming pool and who in Jane's words had to travel in a pair of slippers, merrily running around from the word go; swimmimg 2/3 times with the Mini Club in the indoor pool (always thought it very strange that this pool gets NO mention anywhere else during the week - if the weather was not great you'd have thought a good indoor swim would have been a popular pursuit); and, going out in boats on the sea. You'd have also thought when Jane says she saw both Ellie and Madeleine sailing that the first thing any mother would have thought, would have been, 'I hope her foot's ok', but not a mention.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne 02.05.17 13:40

It's of note that Rachael states that she went into "the" room. I do wonder if the reason so many of the children got sick is because, in the evening, they were all together, in one place, being looked after by "nanny" Dianne.
polyenne

Activity : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne 02.05.17 13:41

.......and possibly sedated ?
polyenne

Activity : 1575

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: