The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Court Order 25 November 2009 McCanns v Bennett Mm11

Court Order 25 November 2009 McCanns v Bennett Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Court Order 25 November 2009 McCanns v Bennett Mm11

Court Order 25 November 2009 McCanns v Bennett Regist10

Court Order 25 November 2009 McCanns v Bennett

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Court Order 25 November 2009 McCanns v Bennett Empty Court Order 25 November 2009 McCanns v Bennett

Post by Tony Bennett 26.11.09 17:36

This is just to report here that yesterday in the Queens Bench Division, Dr Gerald McCann and Dr Kate McCann made an application against me, Reference 5196 of 2009, for an unspecified amount of damages for libel, though limited to 'no more than £50,000', and for an injunction restraining me from making any further libellous allegations against them.

On the basis of previous correspondence conducted via Carter-Ruck since their first e-mailed letter sent on 27 August 2009, and on the basis of a signed undertaking by myself earlier this month, the following has been agreed BY CONSENT:

1. I have given a number of undertakings as required by Carter-Ruck on behalf of the McCanns

2. The McCanns have agreed that the proceedings be 'stayed' indefinitley, that is, suspended or held in abeyance

3. I have already paid what was said to have been the Court fee of £440.00

4. The McCanns have made no other claim against me in respect of their costs.

There was no personal appearance in Court by any of the parties.

NOTES:

1. I should like to publicly thank the following for generous contributions already received towards my costs of £440:

a) Peter MacLeod
b) Sharon Lawrence
c) Renee Neuville
d) 'Bomaris'.

2. Carter-Ruck told me today that they had got the Court fee wrong and that it was only £400. Their letter to me today (26 November) states:

"Please also find enclosed a cheque in the sum of £40.00; these funds are being returned to you because the Court fees incurred by our clients totalled only £400.00, rather than the £440.00 we had anticipated".
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Court Order 25 November 2009 McCanns v Bennett Empty Re: Court Order 25 November 2009 McCanns v Bennett

Post by Pussycat 26.11.09 17:44

Tony

Is this over and above the CR stuff or is it part of the same?

Bit slow today
Pussycat
Pussycat

Activity : 133

Back to top Go down

Court Order 25 November 2009 McCanns v Bennett Empty Re: Court Order 25 November 2009 McCanns v Bennett

Post by Mike 26.11.09 17:44

what slimeballs the mccanns are.they would rob thier own granny,ar*** they are.
Mike
Mike

Activity : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike 26.11.09 17:47

i want to know how the hell are they still getting away with this,where in gods name are the express newspaper
why the hell dont they print some thing usefull instead of dancing the mccanns tune.
Mike
Mike

Activity : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 26.11.09 17:49

Pussycat wrote:Tony

Is this over and above the CR stuff or is it part of the same?

Bit slow today

This is the end result of the Carter-Ruck letter to me on 27 August alleging harassment and libel. The harasssment issue against me was dropped.

I don't know what is happening re the Carter-Ruck letters to Debbie Butler.

The McCanns can apply to proceed with their action if they think I am in brecah of my undertakings, and the Court could consider me in contempt of court, remedies for which include fines, seizure of assets, a prison term, or all three.

Equally, should new information come to light, I could apply to have the Order lifted.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by scrafen 26.11.09 22:15

@tony, a few questions on the donations(?) for court/lawyer fees, if you dont mind...

(1) were the donations from those four private people made to the madeleine foundation - or specifically to you (and not debbie) ?

(2) were they made to pay those court fees, or for the general "Carter-Ruck-issue" ?
(here the "text" on the bank slips could help maybe)

(3) can you tell, what dates these payments were credited ?

(4) could debbie also benefit from them, for payments towards "her" CR/court fees ?

(5) as the donations were less than the 400 GBP, was the remaining amount taken from the MF or did was it paid from your private money ?

(i just call it "CR/court" fees, as im not so sure what they are, as CR seems to have invoiced them)
scrafen
scrafen

Activity : 162

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top