The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Charlotte pennington

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Charlotte pennington

Post by Shhh on 01.06.14 10:37

@Daisy wrote:
@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@Daisy wrote:I don't do Twitter, but a quick search shows a person with the same name (CP). It looks very much like her in the photos on there. I don't really feel comfortable putting the link up though.

I've found it too.  The photographs are definitely of her.
Thanks. Yes, I thought so.

Says she's Head of fashion @ Cosmopoliton. (been there since 2008). Done well for herself I must say.

Aha....this is who I'm on about.  Spookily alike, live in almost the same area etc.

Shhh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket on 22.08.15 10:48

Our friend CP says she was working in the UK in 2004 - she says that she had 2 live-in nanny jobs in 2004 & 2004/2005. How then was she a 16 year old, Year 12 schoolgirl at Howick College, New Zealand, in March 2006 (winning an acting competition as reported in the loal newspaper)??? Did the newspaper get her age wrong (she says she was born in Feb 1987, which would make her 19 in March 2006 and no longer at Howick College); did the newspaper get the actual date/year wrong (obviously not). WHAT is going on - aaaargh!!

In the nanny ad below, CP fails to mention her MW stint in Luz (perhaps understandable) but also states quite clearly that she was working for MW in Kos, Greece in 2005; in Kalamata, Greece in 2006 and 2007; as well as her bar job in Kalamata. Before Kos, presumably were her 2 live-in nanny posts; between Kos and Kalamata seems to have been a nursery in Guildford; and after Kalamata back to a life of glamour, which seems to overlap with a PR job - very busy girl.

Can't work out if her stint as a self-employed fairy was all during her schooling?

All in all - does not add up. Also, after the following nanny ad, I've copied a couple of links which are interesting.

Check this out (just found it):

https://www.childcare.co.uk/profile/294293

[size=40]Nanny in Leatherhead[/size]

[size=30]Babysitter in Leatherhead[/size]

Age:28Gender:FemaleMarital Status:In RelationshipSmoker:NoJoin Date:12 August 11Last Login:16 July 15Location:Leatherhead
SurreyRatingno reviews
Mobile Phone:View InformationEmail Address:View Information

[size=30]My Summary[/size]

Part Time NannyFull Time Nanny
Live In NannyLive Out Nanny
Night NannyCRB/DBS Check 
After School NannyNanny Housekeeper
Special Needs ExperienceFirst Aid Training
Childcare QualificationsEvening Babysitter
Weekend BabysitterDaytime Babysitter

[size=30]About Me[/size]

Charlotte Pennington

I have my NVQ level 3 certificate in Childcare, I regularly update my First Aid certificate and will be completing this update in a few weeks as well as my CRB check (which I also regularly update) I have my water safety certificate also, I know how to sail, ride horses, I love to cook, I love to bake, I build fantastic rapports with children, I have a great sense of humour...I'm also modest, I am creative and artsy but I love the outdoors and am keen on sports. I’m an avid reader and I have numerous certificates in speech and drama from Trinity College. I love to network and so play dates and activities are something I can do easily ...I have had positions as nanny/PA so am very capable of taking things in my stride and the ability to run a household if needs be.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

2010- to Present
4 Months travelling NZ
Temping with Ultralase in Guildford
Teaching Assistant at Notre Dame Prep in Cobham

PRIVATE PA/Nanny
Space Organisation- Hampstead -2009-2010
-Staff delegation
-Extensive diary/travel management
-Extensive research
-General office administration
-Channel of communication for all 7 companies under the 'space' name.
-All Childcare duties for ages 8,9,11 year olds.
-Nutritional meals cooked 

PR MANAGER 
Phoenix Group- Surrey and London-2008-2009
-All PR for 8 pubs
-Event Management
-Package deals
-Invoices and Stock
-Staff training
-Shift management
-Sales 

CATWALK/EDITORIAL MODEL
International-Various Designers 2007-2009
Stella McCartney, Marc Jacobs, Dolce & Gabbana, Chloe, DKNY, Gregorio Armani.
NANNY
Mark Warner- Kalamata, Greece- 2006-2007
-Comprehensive assessment of varying needs for wide age group –including special needs children
-Nursery duties
-Sailing, swimming, football training, canoeing, entertainment shows 
-Working in all facets with children 6 months – 17 years

TAVERNA BAR AND GRILL
-Bar Manager – Kalamata, Greece 2007-2007
-Supervised service of drinks/cocktails in a very frenetic atmosphere
-Multi cultural clientele/Greek and English 
-Interviewed job applicants, conducted regular performance reviews and trained all new staff

-Ad-hoc promotion
-Complaint Management

ROOM LEADER -3-5 Years 
Castle Hill Nursery ,Guildford 2005-2006
-Nursery duties 
-Ensuring that all policies, procedures and working practices are adhered to 
-Working knowledge and understanding of Children Act, OFSTED and EYFS
-Focus on development, reading, skill improvement, nutrition, colour association etc. - Key working
-Taught dancing and ballet skills – 3-5 years

MARK WARNER NANNY- Kos, Greece 2005- 2005
As in original.

LIVE IN NANNY/PA
South Kensington 2004-2005
-Sole charge of newborn baby and 3 year old
-Developmental programs instituted 
-Nutrition management 
-Events co-ordination 
-Household duties to ensure smooth running and admin
-General ad-hoc duties
TEMP POSITION –LIVE IN NANNY- 
Wandsworth Common 2004
Children aged 2, 4 and 6 (8 MONTHS)
TYPING, FORMATTING ANDPROOF-READING ROLE (PART-TIME) 
New Zealand 2003-2004
-Typing, proofreading and formatting MBA assignments/ projects from Dictaphone and hand-written notes
-Compiling speech, drama and poetry files for professional drama teacher
-Developed professional phone customer service dealing with speech and drama clients’ queries, demands and messages

SELF EMPLOYED – CHARLOTTE THE FAIRY-New Zealand 2002-2004
-Solicited and managed themed children’s parties (aged1-10) Managed 3 part-time staff
-Budgeting, cash handling, stock inventory 
-Promotion
-Fundraising for Star ship hospital (NZ) 
-Organising of events i.e. parades and charity functions

Educated in NZ- Howick College
NCEA papers (Year 12) drama- excellence, English- merit, human biology- merit, art history- merit, photography- credit, media studies- merit, 
NCEA papers (Year 11) drama-excellence, English- merit, history- merit, physical education- credit, word processing- credit. 
Trinity college of London – Individual and duologue examinations- Initial to Grade 8 with Merit and Distinction
National Certificate (NVQ 3 equiv.) In Early childcare and education 
Water safety certificate of competence
Emergency care responder level II (First Aid Management)
Current CRB check

Interests and Pastimes- Speech and Drama, Theatre, Water Sports, Cooking and Travelling.
References made available on request.

[size=30]My Experience[/size]

8+ years childcare experience

[size=30]My Qualifications[/size]

NQV level 3

[size=30]My Availability[/size]

asap

[size=30]My Fees[/size]

neg.

[size=30]Reviews[/size]

No reviews have been submitted for this Nanny.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.

This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of the information and members should take their own checks and references

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

According to Charlotte birth date she would have been 14 years old in the 2001 production and 15 years old in the 2002 production. It is feasible, but she looks older to me - who knows! [size=16]Her mother Collette (Pennington; Wighton; Whighton) directed both productions.
[/size]

http://www.hlt.org.nz/about-us/past-productions/production/2001/nobodys-perfect-/#!prettyPhoto[Images]/2/
http://www.hlt.org.nz/about-us/past-productions/production/2002/a-slice-of-saturday-night/
skyrocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 22.08.15 12:47

I have my NVQ level 3 certificate in Childcare, I regularly update my First Aid certificate and will be completing this update in a few weeks as well as my CRB check (which I also regularly update) I have my water safety certificate also, I know how to sail, ride horses, I love to cook, I love to bake, I build fantastic rapports with children, I have a great sense of humour...I'm also modest, I am creative and artsy but I love the outdoors and am keen on sports. I’m an avid reader and I have numerous certificates in speech and drama from Trinity College. I love to network and so play dates and activities are something I can do easily ...I have had positions as nanny/PA so am very capable of taking things in my stride and the ability to run a household if needs be.

GUFFAW!  The woman's a flighty fantasist.  No wonder she was a chosen key witness.

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 22.08.15 13:01

@Verdi wrote:PROFILE

GUFFAW!  The woman's a flighty fantasist.  No wonder she was a chosen key witness.
Snipped from your post

as well as my CRB check (which I also regularly update)

Someone needs to explain this.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inspirespirit on 22.08.15 13:11

CRB's are required every time you change your job.  Even if you have only been with an employer a couple of months, if you change employer you need a new CRB check.   If you are with the same employer for a length of time then it is advised to update it every 3 years, although that is not a legal requirement most employers prefer it.
inspirespirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 22.08.15 13:26

@inspirespirit wrote:CRB's are required every time you change your job.  Even if you have only been with an employer a couple of months, if you change employer you need a new CRB check.   If you are with the same employer for a length of time then it is advised to update it every 3 years, although that is not a legal requirement most employers prefer it.
I thought CRB has now changed but anyhow is it up to an individual to provide a CRB check or is it up to an employer?

Interestingly, the All in All Transit company promoted by just about everyone, boasts of their staff being CRB checked (they don't seem to have any staff btw). The people who formed All in All Transit, sponsored by Kids Company and the London Evening Standard to the tune of £13,000 (£3,000 from Kids Company and £10,000 form LES) were imprisoned for violent gun crime and drugs. How does a CRB check work then?
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean on 22.08.15 13:39

Verdi, I have to agree with your comments on Ms Pennington’s CV.
When I saw the references to her numerous certificates in speech and drama from Trinity College I was impressed. Trinity College, Cambridge, is prestigious as is the one in Dublin which many British people choose to attend. 
I checked and found that she probably means Trinity College, London, which I had never heard of. They do ‘performance certificates’ in speech and drama which can be taken at 4 levels starting when you are under 7.  Not so prestigious as the other Trinity Colleges though!
Surely on a CV you should make it clear what institution you attended – is this just a sloppy CV or is she deliberately implying she studied at a top college when she didn’t?
Amy Dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 22.08.15 13:52

@Amy Dean wrote:Verdi, I have to agree with your comments on Ms Pennington’s CV.
When I saw the references to her numerous certificates in speech and drama from Trinity College I was impressed. Trinity College, Cambridge, is prestigious as is the one in Dublin which many British people choose to attend. 
I checked and found that she probably means Trinity College, London, which I had never heard of. They do ‘performance certificates’ in speech and drama which can be taken at 4 levels starting when you are under 7.  Not so prestigious as the other Trinity Colleges though!
Surely on a CV you should make it clear what institution you attended – is this just a sloppy CV or is she deliberately implying she studied at a top college when she didn’t?
And an  NVQ level  3 is  hardly Norland.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 22.08.15 15:42

Don't know if this has already been posted on the thread (no time to go through every post) but worth another airing I think.  Thanks to mccannfiles.com..

In October 2006, Charlotte Pennington registered with nanny-agency.com. The link to their site no longer appears to work but, at the time, they described themselves as:

'The best online aupair and nanny search service, work and jobs with 1000's of nannies and nanny jobs. Save on traditional nanny agency fees. We also have Mother's Help, Nurses, Governess' & Housekeepers.'

Miss Pennington's rambling advert ran as follows:

'i had caught the acting bug and had drama cursing through my veins. my mother, collette, picked up on this and started taking me along to her rehearsals and shows. the theatre became an absolute haven for me. the evocative allure of the stage pulling me closer and closer as i watched every flicker of emotion pass through the actors faces, the costumes, the make-up, the people. i just knew that this is it, my raison d’etre. around the year 2000 my mother remarried, to a man called stuart wighton(whom i now think of as dad, and deciding to be known as charlotte wighton, rather than charlotte pennington) and i propelled head first into the serious world of drama that i had not yet experienced. from the year 2000 to the year 2004 i had played over 16 lead roles of which included my all time favourite role, juliet from none other than romeo and juliet and anne boleyn from anne of a thousand days. i also competed 3 times a year over a course of 5 years and was fortunate enough to have done extremely well and my passion for the stage was able to be seen. my long term goal is to go to drama school which i will do once i have accumulated the fees. while all of the above was going on i did of course have school, friends and jobs. at school i took drama ( of course) but also history, photography, media studies, pe, english, history of art , travel and tourism and human biology all of which i loved. and maths, which i did not. my jobs consisted of nannying, clerical work, promotions work, acting and modelling and being a fairy. i’ve worked as a fairy since i was 14. it all started when i walked into a shop called the enchanted forest and the owner said i looked like a fairy and would i like to work there. would i ever?! it was a perfect fit, my love for performing plus my love for children combined with the added bonus of glitter. working there meant a hectic, erratic, sporadic and completely opposite to the 9-5 cliché. it was full on with handling different duties; fairying, catering, booking, accounts and retail.but it was all done in a fairy costume and with a smile. but exam time rolled around and i had to temporarily hang up my wings. after the exams i had an idea that i could run my own fairy business, which is exactly what i did. cultivating a network for my parties was a lot of fun (reminded me of a sort-of clean cut disney mafia) i was intrigued one day when i saw the shop where i had my 7th birthday party, the fairy shop was still around so i went inside and had a case of déjà vu, not only did it look the same, granted a tad smaller, the owner mentioned i looked like a fairy and would i like a job? by now you are probably conjuring up some elfin creature complete with pixie ears but i can assure you this is not the case. i think perhaps i have always given off this vibe as children all over and in any place have the urge to smile and wave at me, which i don’t mind one little bit! so, i ended working for the fairy shop as well as having my sideline business all the while attending the nanny centre and getting my nanny certificates and training. now i am hoping for another chapter of my life to begin so . i hope i have let you in a little bit of my world and that you understand more of the sort of person i am.'

It would be interesting to know how many parents were prepared to leave their children in Miss Pennington's care after reading that.

Perhaps that is why she ended up working at the Mark Warner Ocean Club.

~~~~~~~~~

Modest indeed!  Taking a very quick look over the past posts I noticed someone claimed that Ms Pennington lived in the same New Zealand town as Kate McCann was working and had some connection with the workplace.  I'll have another look later.

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.08.15 16:44

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2073-the-nannies-info-statement-highlights

Pages 378 to 381

Witness statement
Charlotte Elizabeth Anne Pennington
Date/Time: 2007/05/07 14H30
Childcare Worker
Irish Citizen
Translator Robert Murat

• Has been in Portugal since April 28th, the day upon which she began working for the Ocean Club tourist Complex in Luz, Lagos, and where she is employed as a child educator. Her work contract was completed in the U.K. with MarkWarner;
• The witness clarifies that between the 19th of April and the 04th of May 2007 she worked with a group of children staying in the aforementioned complex between the ages of 4 months and one year of age (the Baby Club);
• The witness further clarifies that the BabyClub group was divided in three sub-groups, with each group composed of two babies, so that each group had a different infant educator allocated to it;
• With relation to the facts of the investigation, the witness states that in the course of her work, she came across Madeleine McCann many times, explaining that, even though she [Madeleine] did not belong to her [Pennington’s] group, this was normal, as the physical space where the children groups are located is contiguous;
• The witness clarifies that Madeleine was registered with the ‘MiniClub’, a group with children between 3 and 4 years of age. The principal space where the children from MiniClub and BabyClub are situated is in the same building as the Ocean Club complex reception and this is why the witness had personal contact with the identified child. However, she clarifies that it was normal during “siesta”-- understood to be between the hours of 09H00 and 10H30 and 14H30 and 15H00, at the exact time that children are brought into the crèche by their parents—when the children under her guard are asleep, that she would participate with the children and the activities in the MiniClub;
• Witness states that on two different days, Sunday, 29th of April 2007, and on Thursday, 03rd of May 2007, (she worked the dinner shift which started at 5.15 on Thursday) she had direct contact with Madeleine McCann, telling her stories and speaking with her.
• Witness states that as she was an intelligent child, timid at first contact, and who later felt more comfortable,
was a child who conversed normally for her age, and was of a calm demeanour. She adds that it was usual for Madeleine to be called “Maddy”, as this is how she [Madeleine] presented herself to the witness;
• On the 3rd of May 2007, around 22H15, the witness was working during “dinner hour”, together with her colleagues Jackie and Amy, when an unknown woman came to them indicating that she was a tourist lodged at the complex and asked them if they had heard about a disappearance of a child, whose name she referred to as “Maggie” or “Maddy”;
• The witness also clarified that the crèche in the complex also offers complementary services allowing parents to leave their children with baby sitters during dinner-time, between the hours of 19H15 and 23H00;
• She advised the aforementioned individual that no one had told them of the disappearance, who she believed by the name given, was Madeleine, also for the reason that Amy contacted via telephone her supervisor, Lyndsay, who informed her that Madeleine had indeed disappeared;
• After this situation, they began the “search procedure for a missing child” which consists of an organised search involving different areas of the complex in question;
• The witness states that she participated in the searches, together with her colleague—Amy, searching various areas of the Ocean Club establishment. She also states that she searched the patio area of the residence where Madeleine stayed with her parents and siblings, and during which, she encountered many individuals inside the apartment but was not able to tell if they were complex employees or friends of the couple. She did not enter the residence in question;
• She participated in the searches until 01H30 on the 4th of May, 2007, when she returned to her residence;
• During the search, she noticed, together with her colleagues from the Ocean Club, that other people participated in the searches (tourists, and proprietors from the complex in question);
• She was not aware of the time but believes it was around midnight when she noticed that the local authorities (police) were present and assessing the situation;
• States that the searches carried out by the Ocean Club elements terminated at around 04H00 the next morning, 04 of May, 2007, with negative results;
• States that she did not maintain contact with the minor in question, Madeleine McCann, but only to the extent that she was a child educator, as she was located together where the missing child was being watched in the crèche. She is unaware of Madeleine’s habits and that of her parents, not having perceived any odd situation related to the child or any other during her work period in Portugal;
• The witness also states that Madeleine was normally left by her parents around 09H15 in the crèche, as her parents left the twins beforehand in the Toddler Club;
• Is not aware of any situation that seemed odd/strange related, directly, or indirectly to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Nothing more to declare.

Back to top Go down

Trinity

Post by justthinking on 22.08.15 16:59

to Amy Deans: information about Trinity College, London

The Trinity College in London is actually a very prestigious music college, established in 1872, and consistently ranked in the top 10 music academies in the world. 

It recently joined forces with the Laban Dance Conservatoire (established 1948)  to form the Trinity Laban Conservatoire. 

It accepts only adult students to study at its London buildings in the same way that universities do, despite being specialised and offering solely music. It is also very difficult to get into as an actual student. 

It is therefore equally as prestigious as the "other Trinity" . Trinity in London has given the world some of its most notable musicians.

In common with all the top music conservatoires, Trinity also has an international exam board for external candidates - (people who don't study at the Conservatoire itself) - which offers exams in instrumental playing, speech and drama.
These exams go through 8 or 9 levels getting increasingly difficult, and anyone can enter by paying the appropriate fee for the grade. There are no age restrictions on taking these exams - the first three or four levels can indeed be taken by well-taught children after a number of years intensive tuition., but since it  takes even a talented person around 12 years to work through the grades, people progressing past grade 5 are usually well on the way to adulthood.. Most people opt out before grade 4. 

I do agree that holding a grade does not indicate that she actually studied at the college itself. All the 5 major UK music academies offer these grade exams and they are sat and assessed externally. Many people hold these grades without ever having set foot inside the college itself.

justthinking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you help - are you on Twitter?

Post by skyrocket on 22.08.15 21:01

I don't have a Twitter account.

I'd be very grateful if some one could post a question as I'm struggling to get a response elsewhere. Shortland Street Facebook page have declined to post the question for me - they vet all posts. I've posted on a couple of fan sites but again nothing as yet.

What I would like posted is the following:

I am looking for information about 2 past characters from Shortland Street. Libby Bailey & Nigel Bailey 1996/97 (19 episodes) - characters relationship; ages; occupations. Thanks

If anyone goes ahead and posts this on Twitter - thanks in advance, and please could you get back on here with any responses you receive.

A lot of references to these characters have been removed/altered. There are no photos; bios; descriptions of plots; etc - nothing, despite the number of episodes they appeared in. The wikipedia Shortland Street page has been doctored starting in Feb 2012 (anyone know of any significance to that date) by someone with the user name TunaStreet. 1996 is the ONLY year of 'new cast members' which now redirects to another unrelated page, all other years from 1992 to the present link correctly. The character played by Charlotte Pennington (and the related character - father? husband? brother?) therefore has no bio details.

Charlotte Pennington played the character Libby Bailey and an Auckland actor called Andrew Laing played Nigel Bailey. Andrew Laing was born in 1966 and he returned to the series as another character (a doctor) later. In 1996, Andrew Bailey was 30 years old. I've been trying to find out what relationship the character Libby Bailey was to Nigel. Charlotte Pennington would have been 9 years old in 1996, according to her DOB (Feb 1987).

Why would all info about Charlotte Pennington's character, Libby Bailey, have been wiped off everything? Why would all info about the related character, Nigel Bailey, have been wiped? No one is interested in Andrew Laing so you have to assume it is because of that character's relationship to CP's character. Surely, this is the sort of exposure 'modest' Charlotte Pennington would want in her CV. You can guess where I'm heading with this one. There is obviously some big tell in either the character bio or photo i.e. something to do with CP's age or even possibly her identity. Very sinister that this info has been got at - points to much more than a simple Tapas 9 cover up.

skyrocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Model/actress/whatever...

Post by missbeetle on 23.08.15 7:50

What a woman of many roles, skills and giddy enthusiasm our CP is -

Rides horses, loves baking and was a catwalk model for Marc Jacobs in her spare time...!

(she doesn't appear to drive, however - odd for a nanny)

Charlotte looks very glam on Facebook and has dark hair with an olive complexion -

not unlike Rachael Mampilly - Anglo-Indian...? Portuguese heritage maybe?

I don't think she is Maori, though.

Howick (CP's home town) in Auckland is somewhere I've never been to -

- it's deepest suburbia and not a place I would expect to find Kate Healy in, either...

My guess is that she would've worked at National Womens Hospital  - not far from One Tree Hill -

and probably have stayed in junior doctor's digs nearby. Howick's miles away.

My thoughts only.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 23.08.15 10:51

It's just that Ms Pennington was just everywhere on the night of the 3rd of May. She also saw so many helpful (and unhelpful) details: e.g. the twins weren't in the room at the time of the alarm. But she did see a man in a boat, doing something and various other events of note. 

It's imo not too wildly imaginative to propose a link between the McCs and Ms P. The way it would normally go - Ms Healy vaguely knows the father, possibly Christmas cards figure here. Notice is given that beautiful daughter wishes to go to UK, any ideas? Doesn't have to be a great friendship but there could be connection. 

I'll have to read this  topic all over again....

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Mysterious Miss P...

Post by missbeetle on 25.08.15 1:24

Oh our Fairy Charlotte was flitting about on the 3rd of May alright -

- right in the thick of it... but I just don't think her connection

to the whole fandangle was one forged in 1990's Auckland.

I'd be looking at Surrey - possibly Ireland - but most likely

I think CP came along via some sort of Talent Agency.

She seems a decent enough sort on her open access Facebook pages -

- wry and witty, even - and terribly glamorous -

a bit of a strange fit for a nanny in an obscure-ish resort way back when...?

Have you had any luck with your Shortland Street enquiries, Skyrocket?

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket on 25.08.15 8:45

@ missbeetle - not as yet, [size=16]thanks for asking. If anyone can help find anything or post a question on Twitter about Libby Bailey's (1996/97 Shortland Street) bio - it would be much appreciated.
[/size]

As I mentioned (I think), Shortland Street Facebook page declined to publish my request for info about the characters Libby Bailey (CP) and Nigel Bailey (Andrew Laing; born 1966). I posted comments on about a dozen of their Youtube episodes yesterday, asking if anyone knows these characters' bios. Started as a mere passing interest but has developed into a mission! I have also emailled the Shortland Street production company. No responses as yet.

I'm writing this quickly without checking how much I said in my last post on here.

Links to these 2 characters have been redirected within the last 3/4 years. They now link to irrelevant info, or pages that have been doctored. There doesn't seem to be a single photo; bio; plot description; youtube episode; available for either of these characters, despite the fact that they are listed as 'recurring' and that they appeared in a lot of episodes in 1996/97. I could possibly accept the lack of info if I hadn't come across the redirects. Not only that but on one of the bio pages for all of the new characters in 1996 on wiki, if you go into the history of the page changes you can see the process breakdown of the alterations. The page was first removed in one action, then built up again over a period of a few days - each new character for 1996 being replaced one at a time. The final publshed page is missing 2 1996 new characters - Libby Bailey and Nigel Bailey. My other half says, what would be the point? Exactly!

Am I being paranoid? What would be the point? If one character had been removed (Nigel) you could postulate that Andrew Laing had 'grown' as an actor and had decided to ask a mate to remove Nigel from history (incidently Laing reappeared several years later as a long running doctor character who does have a bio). There is nothing at all to suggest that Laing has anything but a normal acting career/past - he is registered with an acting agency and, amongst other things, he has done many character voices in the Power Ranger films.

So, we turn to CP. Again, had just her character been obliterated it could be put down to vanity. But as this was CP's only tv appearance I doubt she would have had anything removed. (Not counting 'sister' in 'Hercules' 1996 as there is only a fleeting, distant blurred image for 2 seconds, which I think might be her).

But both of the Bailey characters have been tampered with (definitely). Andrew Laing was 30 years old in 1996. According to CP she would have been 9 years old (?). It's feasible that they were playing father and daughter. Were they? Can't even find that out! What's the big secret? Perhaps there isn't one and someone can clarify this for me!
The only explanation I can come up with is (as I said before) something to do with CP that might cause complications elsewhere (such as her age). If CP is not as she says in her witness statements, and it is apparent not only from her bio but also from that of Nigel Bailey (Andrew Laing), were changes made? If so, what on earth is going on? Who cares about a nanny possibly falsifying her age? Can't see CP making changes just because of that (not saying she did this). Is it about accounting for years - younger, less years to account for; less gaps to fill.

Whilst I was at it yesterday (had a couple of free hours - fatal) I also took another look at CP's 'passport'. If there are any Eire passport holders out there can you confirm that her passport is standard. I can't find any images to verify anything like the format of the one shown in the PJ files. It looks like it was issued in Auckland by the consulate there. There is no passport number on it and, as someone else mentioned, it is hand written in what looks like CP's own writing.

One further odd thing and I hesitate to mention it, but I will. I've been using MS Word on my MacBook with no problems whatsoever (infact no problems with anything) for a couple of years. I started a word doc last week and saved it to desktop. I named it 'Charlotte' to collate any dates etc I found, to save keep looking things up. No problems opening it for several days. The first time I tried to open it after I had sent emails to SS production; posted online my query through my account on youtube; etc, MS Word locked me out of the 'Charlotte' file and then all of my other MS word files. An error '1712' came up. If I shut down and reopen I can once again access all files except 'Charlotte' and as soon as I try to open that one again, the same occurs. I have now trashed the file. This has given me the willys - I am no expert. This is the first time I have asked for info from anywhere regarding anything to do with anyone related to the MBM case, apart from on this blog. Is it a coincidence that out of about 20 MS word docs saved to my desktop (lazy with my filing) this happened to the one file relating to the person I was asking about online 1/2 hour earlier? Nothing like this has ever happened to my files before. Any experts out there, and I don't mean psychiatrists!?
skyrocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rustyjames on 25.08.15 13:31

Hi Skyrocket,

Not really sure where this is going, but it seems what I believe is her brother Owain Pennington was also in Shortland Street - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1099313

He and brother Ciaran Pennington have a film company - http://www.doublehappyfilms.co.uk/about/

rustyjames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket on 25.08.15 15:29

@rustyjames - I was waiting for someone to say just that!!

It started with some questionable dates/ages for CP which didn't seem to add up. Such as:

1.Born Feb 1987; NZ at 18 months (summer 1988) 'which is where I stayed for the next 17 years' (summer 2005).

But: her nanny cv says she worked for at least 8 months in 2004 as a live in nanny in London (from April 2004 onwards at latest).

2.Online news report from Times.co.nz from March 2006, states that she had just won a drama comp and that she was in Year 12 at Howick College, busy rehearsing for the production 'Fame'.

The Fame production was in 2004 (checked this). Possibly the Times web page has reconstructed incorrectly - probable.

So, CP was in Year 12 in 2004. Finishing exams (AS level equiv) at the end of the school year and leaving on about 8/9 December 2004. She states that she got her Year 12 exams so she must have finished the year. She had to be at least 16 years old when she left. Her given DOB would make her 17 going on 18 in Dec 2004. So why does the news report say she was 16 years old in March of that year (Year 12)?

How was she in a full time live-in nanny job in London from April 2004 onwards if she was in the middle of Year 12?

So with the above in mind, I was doing a bit of cross referencing and tried to access CP's bio for her character in Shortland Street just out interest to see if SS gave the ages of the actors. At this point I hit a brick wall - I couldn't find anything other than her character name and the episodes she was in (same for the related character). As I dug I found that the wiki pages relating to only these 2 characters had been altered and/or re-directed. Other short term characters have basic bios, with photo and short description of the character and actor. If you go to the bottom of the wiki page and click on 'list of characters', a list of years comes up. Click on any year other than 1996 and all the newly appearing actors are listed with bios. The 1996 year (CP's first appearance) re-directs to a general page for all the characters. This re-direct was done on 9 Feb 2012, by 'TunaStreet'. On top of that, Shortland Street declined to allow my post on their Facebook page asking for info and they have as yet not responded to my direct (very polite) email to their public relations office. Being of suspicious mind I started to smell a rat. After all, what's the big deal? Why would pages be fiddled with? Why no info on CP's character from the 96/97 seasons? Why wont SS respond? Is it something to do with CP's age? I don't know and I don't know why her age would be an issue. Is it something else? Is it remotely relevant to the MBM case? I have no idea.

Basically, rustyjames, that's the sum of it.

One more point for the record, in the nanny job ad from 2006 she registers in early October 2006 and logs in for the last time at the end of Oct 2006, suggesting possibly that after this date she got a post, or another job. In her nanny job ad posted in 2011 her work history has a gap between working in Kalamata, Greece for Mark Warner summer season (ties in with the Oct 2006 nanny ad when she returned to London from Greece), and her starting with Mark Warner in Luz at the end of April 2007. There are no other apparent gaps (although ahe is a bit vague). Why does she not state what she was doing in the period Nov 06 - end April 07?

Sc
skyrocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 25.08.15 17:30

I posted this on MMM the other day. Hope its of use.

Youtube link to the episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtVSGbB5dVc (40:06 is the time to get the image of her above)

She looks nine to me in that episode which would jive with her 1987 DOB? It was aired in October 1996 and would guess filmed in Spring 1996. Filmed in NZ too. The boy in the background of the above picture I think is her brother Owain.
TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket on 25.08.15 19:45

@ TheTruthWillOut - thanks a lot for that. Big help. I agree she looks about 9 years old in early 1996, so ties in with her DOB in 1987. Doesn't explain the other discrepancies (i.e. where she was in 2004, etc) but I'm satisfied with her age. It is easy to get carried away - the altered wiki pages for Shortlland Street had me going. And, there is no question that much of what she said in her statement and the newspapers is fairy tales. Certainly an interesting character (in real life), she comes across as being quite naive (even now on Facebook) but she is obviously a capable actress. I'm still undecided about her involvement; way too much involvement.
skyrocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Charlotte pennington

Post by Roxyroo on 15.06.16 18:07

"They are only 4&2 Debbie Christie a judge ruled no unsupervised contact on grounds of evidence linking her to this. 
she changed it in greece, my understanding is she sold two different stories and that's the pay out. Oi don't think k&g paid her because I think she willingly supplied details"

I copied this over from Madeleine McCann:abduction or scam Facebook page.
This was supposedly written by Charlotte Pennington's ex sister in law, Em Pennington, who is posting on there just now.
Strange there's an injunction banning her from seeing this Ems kids!!
Roxyroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dottyaussie on 15.06.16 18:30

Interesting roxyroo, I wonder what the injunction in for ?
dottyaussie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dottyaussie on 15.06.16 18:54

Gosh I've just read the whole conversation. Is there a way to verify if she is who she says she is ?
dottyaussie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 15.06.16 19:47

Has it been taken off fb? I saw it earlier but its not there now

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dottyaussie on 15.06.16 20:06

Its still there Noddy100