The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  - Page 3 Mm11

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  - Page 3 Mm11

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  - Page 3 Regist10

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  - Page 3 Empty Re: Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated

Post by pennylane 14.05.16 14:53

melisande wrote:I am not saying I agree with it but it's always been that way with newspapers. The more embroidered the headline , the more interest it generates.  They are setting themselves up for being sued by Dr Amaral though unless they can prove they were misinformed themselves.  My opinion is that it is deliberate misinformation but I don't think it's to put Dr Amaral in a bad light. I just have a feeling about it, I don't know why.
I hope you're right! friends

TM are desperately struggling to get back from the brink, but no way will they succeed this time.  Goncalo Amaral has won fair and square, because he has truth on his side. roses
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  - Page 3 Empty Re: Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated

Post by notlongnow 14.05.16 19:18

The way i have read it,is the mail have tried to give fake outrage,whilst pointing out little facts.
Not sure why this story has burst onto the scenes now, as it's old news.
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 14.05.16 21:07

Investigation may last a year Expresso

It is in the experience of Clarence Mitchell that the McCanns put their trust to regain public opinion

Maria Barbosa - 29 September 2007

Q [Expresso]: But you were responsible for the projection of the McCanns in the media at a world scale. The fact that you worked for the British Government facilitated this...

A [Clarence Mitchell]: In Portugal there has been a wrong image created about me. I was the Director of the Government's Media Monitoring Unit. Their work, about 40 people, and their function is to control what gets printed in the press. Every morning I had a meeting with the Prime Minister's spokesperson at 10 Downing Street and we discussed any developments. I didn't get to speak to Gordon Brown directly. Everything that I have been able to do for the McCanns has been through my computer and my mobile.

ETA:  http://www.mccannfiles.com/id255.html
-----------

Does anyone out there truly believe Clarence Mitchell has jumped ship or is no longer on a retainer for some reason?  I don't!  This latest flurry of press reports is clearly a controlled press release so who is behind it - a joint venture between Messrs Murdoch & Mitchell or is there a new guy on the block pulling the strings.  I strongly suspect the former, in which case any thoughts of a new breakthrough in UK reporting is a non starter.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 14.05.16 21:28

Mitchell was forced to distance himself from MMU when the McCanns became suspects (imo), but he retained all his connections and inroads, and (imo) was instructed to continue to use them.  Definitely on a retainer.  

It feels like Mitchell and Gamble have both worked in tandem.
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 14.05.16 22:54

I may have said before, I've often wondered if Mitchell did distance himself from the governments media monitoring unit or whether he was 'asked' to vacate the position.  He put himself so up front in defence of the McCanns, I should imagine it was becoming extremely embarrassing for the UK government.  It's one thing for the government to wheel and deal but I frankly feel they can do without a spokesman who can't hold his tongue on matters of a sensitive nature.

Mitchell is so entrenched in this masquerade, it would be professional suicide for him to jump ship.  The McCanns and their entourage still hold the trump card, even though they've proved to play their hand less than wisely.  The latest surge, they (the McCanns) can't continue year after year with the customary anniversary coverage so they are going round through the back door - what better way than to drag Goncalo Amaral back into the foray along with the most active campaigner, Tony Bennett.

This is not good coverage for either of them, it's a means to an end and the wise know what that means in terms of McCann strategy.  This is not the first time Tony Bennett's has been named by the gutter press and will no doubt not be the last.  I think it wise to err on the side of caution when trying to analyze why.  Only my opinion but I really can't see a landslide victory for Madeleine McCann's memory by this current press coverage.  The UK media are controlled, like puppets, they are not going to independently break free of their restraints for the benefit of a lost child or those seeking the truth - they are ruthless thugs out for the main chance.

A cynical view yes but nonetheless true I think.

These ridiculous press reports will continue until Operation Grange is dead and buried and the McCanns finally realise that the general public are just not interested anymore.  Who knows when that might be?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 14.05.16 23:17

@pennylaneIt feels like Mitchell and Gamble have both worked in tandem.

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  - Page 3 Coutandem

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 15.05.16 10:53

Verdi wrote:@pennylaneIt feels like Mitchell and Gamble have both worked in tandem.

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  - Page 3 Coutandem
big grin

This is how I see Gamble and Mitchell

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  - Page 3 Animated-puppeteer-image-0017
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 15.05.16 11:00

@ Verdi " ...The UK media are controlled, like puppets, they are not going to independently break free of their restraints for the benefit of a lost child or those seeking the truth - they are ruthless thugs out for the main chance."

True but they also seem to get quite vindictive when they are stopped from reporting things or believe they have been lied to or misled, just look how annoyed they got recently when not able to report on certain celebs with injunctions.  As for the control, maybe the puppetmasters want to pull some different strings at the moment? I think time will tell.  These things are convoluted and not exactly black and white, that's for sure.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard D. Hall 15.05.16 11:57

These newspapers must KNOW their stories are inaccurate about Amaral being "sacked" and him claiming the McCanns murdered Madeleine.  They must KNOW they could easily be successfully sued over this.  The lie is in the headline for gods sake, and I don't think this is an accident.  No sane business would risk losing a lot of money by printing such obvious lies.  This tells me these papers are probably STILL being paid by the likes of Bell Pottinger to print these stories, and probably paid large sums in order to cover any legal challenge costs.  I don't know what the motivation is behind these stories and whether it represents a change, but I would say that I suspect a lot of money has changed hands in order to get them printed.
Richard D. Hall
Richard D. Hall
Investigator

Activity : 274

http://www.madeleinefilms.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 15.05.16 12:24

Exactly Richard, the lie is in the headline and obviously there's a concerted effort to consistently misconstrue the facts and mislead public!
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 15.05.16 12:32

I don't see how adding murder to the headline,and saying a large group of police donated to GA would help.
Who was this peice written for?
notlongnow

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 15.05.16 12:36

ChippyM wrote:@ Verdi " ...The UK media are controlled, like puppets, they are not going to independently break free of their restraints for the benefit of a lost child or those seeking the truth - they are ruthless thugs out for the main chance."

True but they also seem to get quite vindictive when they are stopped from reporting things or believe they have been lied to or misled, just look how annoyed they got recently when not able to report on certain celebs with injunctions.  As for the control, maybe the puppetmasters want to pull some different strings at the moment? I think time will tell.  These things are convoluted and not exactly black and white, that's for sure.
It's the media magnates, Murdoch for example, in league with the government and other high powered wealthy forces that are pulling the strings - no surprises they would be disgruntled if some interfering body like the law tries to take a degree of control.

In addition I can't see this latest phase of press coverage relating to the case of Madeleine McCann to be any different from that we've witnessed over the past nine years.  They're playing a game of cat and mouse at the expense of the public, only it's not Tom and Gerry but Kate and Gerry.  Same old same old tactic..

"One good thing to come out of all of this is that there is so much in the press, nobody knows what is true, and what isn't."  Gerry McCann

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 15.05.16 12:50

Richard D. Hall wrote:These newspapers must KNOW their stories are inaccurate about Amaral being "sacked" and him claiming the McCanns murdered Madeleine.  They must KNOW they could easily be successfully sued over this.  The lie is in the headline for gods sake, and I don't think this is an accident.  No sane business would risk losing a lot of money by printing such obvious lies.  This tells me these papers are probably STILL being paid by the likes of Bell Pottinger to print these stories, and probably paid large sums in order to cover any legal challenge costs.  I don't know what the motivation is behind these stories and whether it represents a change, but I would say that I suspect a lot of money has changed hands in order to get them printed.
With respect Richard, for nine years the UK press have been intermittently publishing very damning reports concerning Goncalo Amaral - most of which, like this latest, are a regurgitation of the same old rot.

I think the UK press are safe in the belief that Dr. Amaral will not go down that road, maybe he is wise enough to realise that he wouldn't be battling a media outlet but the whole UK establishment - the two being interlinked.  I prefer to believe however, that his priority is seeking an end to the case of Madeleine McCann's disappearance in preference to a money making venture - unlike the parents.

At the end of the day, it's always about money isn't it.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 15.05.16 13:02

I agree Verdi, Dr Amaral will not sue. It's too arduous and expensive, and would take multiple years, and trips to UK etc.   I think the media know that!
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion 15.05.16 13:52

Once the truth comes out he won`t need to sue.They will settle out of court.
mysterion

Activity : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 15.05.16 13:56

That sounds like a dream come true! pray2
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 15.05.16 15:13

Verdi wrote:
Richard D. Hall wrote:These newspapers must KNOW their stories are inaccurate about Amaral being "sacked" and him claiming the McCanns murdered Madeleine.  They must KNOW they could easily be successfully sued over this.  The lie is in the headline for gods sake, and I don't think this is an accident.  No sane business would risk losing a lot of money by printing such obvious lies.  This tells me these papers are probably STILL being paid by the likes of Bell Pottinger to print these stories, and probably paid large sums in order to cover any legal challenge costs.  I don't know what the motivation is behind these stories and whether it represents a change, but I would say that I suspect a lot of money has changed hands in order to get them printed.
With respect Richard, for nine years the UK press have been intermittently publishing very damning reports concerning Goncalo Amaral - most of which, like this latest, are a regurgitation of the same old rot.

I think the UK press are safe in the belief that Dr. Amaral will not go down that road, maybe he is wise enough to realise that he wouldn't be battling a media outlet but the whole UK establishment - the two being interlinked.  I prefer to believe however, that his priority is seeking an end to the case of Madeleine McCann's disappearance in preference to a money making venture - unlike the parents.

At the end of the day, it's always about money isn't it.
Hmmm - yes you'd think they'd KNOW that Amaral was not sacked and that he did not claim 'Murder' -but I am not so sure it's NOT an accident. There has been so many inaccuracies printed over the years.  However in the case of these very recent articles - it is puzzling. On the one hand they appear to be totally against the 'Team Mc Cann' agenda. For instance, they:

•  inform UK public about significant resistance to the 'abduction' tale.
  •  inform the UK public about UK police supporting Amaral.
  • dont use words such as 'sick cop' - they call him a detective.
  •  clearly put forward a reason to think that donators to the fund were reasonable people promoting justice and truth rather than 'sick Mc Cann trolls'.

None of that can possibly be seen as favouring team Mc Cann.   None of that is stuff that Team Mc Cann would have pushed into the UK public media.

Despite the clearly inaccurate  'Murder' and the 'Sacking of Amaral' points, these articles seem a whole lot more balanced than anything previously printed in tabloid media and IMO, having read them, a member of the public is more likely to question the Mc Canns than applaud them. More likely to sympathise with Amaral than despise him..

For me, this is someone stirring things up a little. Also what did Katy Hopkins mean when she said something to the effect of now being allowed to say things about the Mc Cann case as opposed to previoulsy being unable to..

If Team M c Cann ( in the widest sense) is paying to get these articles in the media then someone has bamboozled them IMO eek
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 15.05.16 15:32

Well put,thats how i see it at present.
notlongnow

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 15.05.16 15:41

@HelenMeg---"

•  inform UK public about significant resistance to the 'abduction' tale.
  •  inform the UK public about UK police supporting Amaral.
  • dont use words such as 'sick cop' - they call him a detective.
  •  clearly put forward a reason to think that donators to the fund were reasonable people promoting justice and truth rather than 'sick Mc Cann trolls'"

I've said it before: A limited hangout* seems to be in the works. Establishment may have done a cost/benefit analysis and come to the conclusion that the benefits of throwing TM under the bus outweigh the cost of allowing them to continue milking this story for cash.

*Adopting Amaral's theory presented in TTotL, though it may not reflect his current thinking, would constitute a limited hangout: Parents and parents alone are responsible for an 'accident' occurring on May 3 but may have received help from some of the Tapas to hide her corpse.
whodunit
whodunit

Activity : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 15.05.16 20:08

@whodunit wrote:  A limited hangout* seems to be in the works. Establishment may have done a cost/benefit analysis and come to the conclusion that the benefits of throwing TM under the bus outweigh the cost of allowing them to continue milking this story for cash.

Wishful thinking I fear! 

The establishment can't afford to throw the McCanns under the bus - if they do that they place themselves in the unenviable position of having to explain their unwavering support over the past nine years and more to the point, the unprecedented financial outlay.  This is not restricted to media coverage (not an independent force anyway), it encompasses so many unorthodox practices in terms of law, ethics, government, policing - the list is endless.

All for one and one for all - if the McCanns go down the mind boggles as to who they take with them.  Can anyone see the likes of Gerry McCann being meekly dumped in the meat wagon en-route for the slaughter house?  Nah - no chance.

ETA:  Following the years of negative UK reportage, not only detrimental to Dr. Amaral but the Portuguese legal system in totale, seriously, how can the UK press now turn the tide?  The Express couldn't even swallow their pride by publishing a front page apology to Dr. Amaral following Tony Bennett's arduous efforts to force them to retract their damning prior report that Dr. Amaral had accused the McCanns of murdering their daughter - and the UK press are still doing it.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 15.05.16 20:31

@Verdi---"The establishment can't afford to throw the McCanns under the bus - if they do that they place themselves in the unenviable position of having to explain their unwavering support over the past nine years and more to the point, the unprecedented financial outlay.  This is not restricted to media coverage (not an independent force anyway), it encompasses so many unorthodox practices in terms of law, ethics, government, policing - the list is endless."

They CAN afford to do it for the precise reason that they will never be asked any questions much less held to account for their 'unwavering support' and 'unprecedented financial outlay'.  1. The media will pretend it never happened and 2. A 'limited hangout' would be fronted by the Met anyway with absolutely NO Establishment fingerprints in sight. According to the Met, the media, and most of the public the establishment do not exist in this case, now or ever. They will be ghosts, 'spooks' wafting around in the background, whose presence is felt but never confirmed.

EDIT: Frankly, I believe the only reason it hasn't been done up to now is the volatility of KM. She is far too unpredictable for her reaction to being 'thrown under the bus' to be left to chance.
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 15.05.16 20:37

whodunit wrote:@Verdi---"The establishment can't afford to throw the McCanns under the bus - if they do that they place themselves in the unenviable position of having to explain their unwavering support over the past nine years and more to the point, the unprecedented financial outlay.  This is not restricted to media coverage (not an independent force anyway), it encompasses so many unorthodox practices in terms of law, ethics, government, policing - the list is endless."

They CAN afford to do it for the precise reason that they will never be asked any questions much less held to account for their 'unwavering support' and 'unprecedented financial outlay'.  1. The media will pretend it never happened and 2. A 'limited hangout' would be fronted by the Met anyway with absolutely NO Establishment fingerprints in sight. According to the Met, the media, and most of the public the establishment do not exist in this case, now or ever. They will be ghosts, 'spooks' wafting around in the background, whose presence is felt but never confirmed.
Ah - but it's too late for denial.  It's all there black and white in the PJ files, early press reports, the words of Clarence Mitchell and of course the McCanns themselves.

glee

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 15.05.16 20:38

@Verdi--"All for one and one for all - if the McCanns go down the mind boggles as to who they take with them.  Can anyone see the likes of Gerry McCann being meekly dumped in the meat wagon en-route for the slaughter house?  Nah - no chance."

I'm just saying--the cemeteries of the world are full of people who were determined not to go down alone.

If they know what's good for them, meek is a good stance to take. [I wouldn't bet on it though, which is why there is trouble ahead for TM]
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 15.05.16 20:40

@Verdi---"
Ah - but it's too late for denial.  It's all there black and white in the PJ files, early press reports, the words of Clarence Mitchell and of course the McCanns themselves."

they've denied the existence of everything else in the files that hasn't suited them up to now. Has OG ever mentioned the EVRD dogs findings? Their very remit pretends it doesn't exist.
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.05.16 20:46

whodunit wrote:@Verdi---"
Ah - but it's too late for denial.  It's all there black and white in the PJ files, early press reports, the words of Clarence Mitchell and of course the McCanns themselves."

they've denied the existence of everything else in the files that hasn't suited them up to now. Has OG ever mentioned the EVRD dogs findings? Their very remit pretends it doesn't exist.

Precisely why I made the nonspecific FOI I did...

'The inspector at the Dog Training Establishment has said he has no examples of where a VRD hindered an investigation.'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top