The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated

Post by aiyoyo on 18.05.16 20:18

Get'emGonçalo wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:Well done Doug D.

They won't apologise because the request to retract has to come from Dr Amaral himself,
If Dr Amaral had written to them they would be obliged to remove the libelous bit.

Tony managed to get a retraction for Dr Amaral - he is also aware of the headlines https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12218-goncalo-amaral-did-not-lie-about-madeleine-today-7-dec-2015-daily-express-publishes-on-page-21-an-offical-correction-to-its-29-apr-2015-headline

Yes, very well done Doug roses

Exactly as in TB's objection, Doug also managed to get a retraction, but no apology.
To beget an apology, the request to retract and thus to apologise must come from the person in question.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated

Post by aiyoyo on 18.05.16 20:22

@dottyaussie wrote:thumbsup Well done Doug. Here's hoping you do get a reply.

A retraction is acknowledgement they noted contents of the letters.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 21.05.16 0:53

This is a bit low-key following the last couple of pages and not really relevant to the thread except reference to an establishment conspiracy.  I vaguely remembered this when posting something else but only just located the detail.

I have always though of the BBC as part of the establishment - this is a wiki entry for a major story-line in the soap Eastenders..

First prominent story-line began airing in 2006.. until the climax in June 2007.   Originally, the story-line would have included a child abduction; however, due to the real-life suspected kidnapping of a 3-year-old girl, Madeleine McCann, who went missing in the Algarve in May 2007, the BBC removed the child abduction from the scripts. They commented, "It was felt any story-line that included child abduction would be inappropriate and could cause distress to our viewers.

Most of us struggle through periods of life experiencing tragedy - is the disappearance of Madeleine McCann the only occasion the BBC have changed a story-line so as not to cause distress to viewers?  What about the hundreds, if not thousands, out there at this moment personally affected by the big C - did the BBC think twice about showing the latest Eastenders major story-line this week?  The answer to that I think is a resounding NO!

NB:  Apologies for going off track.

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dottyaussie on 21.05.16 10:48

agree                                                                                                                                                                                                      

This is very true Verdi. Normally when they have a story-line that may affect viewers they have a "If you have been affected by this you can call this number etc" at the end of the program.

So like you say why would people be more affected by the child abduction story than any other story-line that they couldn't have done the same thing.
dottyaussie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BarryTheHatchet on 21.05.16 13:04

But then they ran the storyline in Coronation Street, when the demented Jenny tried to snatch Kevin's wee lad.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 24.05.16 15:01

Apparently the McCanns have filed their appeal!!!

And the "beat" goes on  violin

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dottyaussie on 24.05.16 16:40

aaagh
@MayMuse wrote:Apparently the McCanns have filed their appeal!!!

And the "beat" goes on  violin
dottyaussie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 24.05.16 18:28

Yes so rumour has it so wonder if they will confirm it via MSM big grin

I'm not betting on it being accepted, but have some funds aside just in case Amaral needs a boost winkwink

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 31.05.16 9:08

Get'emGonçalo wrote:
@ChippyM wrote: I was suprised at how balanced this article was, actually letting Tony B and others actually have their say instead of just being slated?   The 'McCanns were cleared' and the juvenile usage of the 'Troll' label are stubborn little buggers though. I expect a nice unbiased interview with Amaral next please DM 
Tony wasn't contacted to "have his say" - his comments would have been lifted from here: http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/_gafundComments.htm
Most journalists who write about the McCanns are well aware of Tony... [SNIPPED]

Actually, I was interviewed for this article by the Daily Mail, for about an hour-and-a-half, on Tuesday 26 April. I had decided not to mention it at the time on the forum – and was unaware of the article until getting back from holiday and seeing the article on the forum.

Reporter Inderdeep Bains – young, very pleasant - knocked on my door out of the blue about 6pm, having knocked a couple of times earlier; however I had been out all day being filmed by Brace Club for a short documentary on the continuing campaign to keep Imperial measures (miles, yards, feet and inches) on our road and footpath signs.

At her request, and with my full agreement, the entire interview was recorded. It’s protection for both interviewed and interviewer.

I explained that there were some things I could not say due to legal restrictions on me.

It was clear that the Mail’s focus was the nature of the people who had contributed to Leanne Baulch’s GoFundfMe project. So I spent a lot of time explaining the professional (or otherwise respectable) background of so many McCann-sceptics, and pointing out that those who expressed nasty or hateful feelings about the McCanns were a tiny minority of those sceptics.

I was also able to explain the vast amount of information, research and analysis produced by McCann-sceptics, including of course information sites like mccannfiles and pamalam’s site, the forums, and the films and videos made by folk like Lizzie Taylor and Richard Hall which had been viewed by millions.

I hope it was helpful to the cause.

I have to say that despite the headline, the Mail simply allowed McCann-sceptics to air their views, and the tone of the whole article was quite different from the nasty articles in the Sun, Star, Express etc.     

++++

By the way, thank you for the kind comments on the thread  – yes, I had a good break, we took our Swedish friend around some of our finest National Trust stately homes and gardens, including our personal favourite, Bodnant Gardens in North Wales

Bodnant Gardens, 17 May 2016 

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.05.16 9:15

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Get'emGonçalo wrote:
@ChippyM wrote: I was suprised at how balanced this article was, actually letting Tony B and others actually have their say instead of just being slated?   The 'McCanns were cleared' and the juvenile usage of the 'Troll' label are stubborn little buggers though. I expect a nice unbiased interview with Amaral next please DM 
Tony wasn't contacted to "have his say" - his comments would have been lifted from here: http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/_gafundComments.htm
Most journalists who write about the McCanns are well aware of Tony... [SNIPPED]

Actually, I was interviewed for this article by the Daily Mail, for about an hour-and-a-half, on Tuesday 26 April. I had decided not to mention it at the time on the forum – and was unaware of the article until getting back from holiday and seeing the article on the forum.

Reporter Inderdeep Bains – young, very pleasant - knocked on my door out of the blue about 6pm, having knocked a couple of times earlier; however I had been out all day being filmed by Brace Club for a short documentary on the continuing campaign to keep Imperial measures (miles, yards, feet and inches) on our road and footpath signs.

At her request, and with my full agreement, the entire interview was recorded. It’s protection for both interviewed and interviewer.

I explained that there were some things I could not say due to legal restrictions on me.

It was clear that the Mail’s focus was the nature of the people who had contributed to Leanne Baulch’s GoFundfMe project. So I spent a lot of time explaining the professional (or otherwise respectable) background of so many McCann-sceptics, and pointing out that those who expressed nasty or hateful feelings about the McCanns were a tiny minority of those sceptics.

I was also able to explain the vast amount of information, research and analysis produced by McCann-sceptics, including of course information sites like mccannfiles and pamalam’s site, the forums, and the films and videos made by folk like Lizzie Taylor and Richard Hall which had been viewed by millions.

I hope it was helpful to the cause.

I have to say that despite the headline, the Mail simply allowed McCann-sceptics to air their views, and the tone of the whole article was quite different from the nasty articles in the Sun, Star, Express etc.     

++++

By the way, thank you for the kind comments on the thread  – yes, I had a good break, we took our Swedish friend around some of our finest National Trust stately homes and gardens, including our personal favourite, Bodnant Gardens in North Wales

Bodnant Gardens, 17 May 2016 

Nice piccy.  Congrats.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum