The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!


If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by pennylane on 06.05.16 10:31

@Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:
@pennylane wrote:
@Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:
@MaryB wrote:They want to be 'somebodies'.  That was clear from the outset with the photoshoots balloons, staged appearances and so on.  They want the interviews the celeb following and the TV appearances.  They like the limelight.  And anyone who stands in the way of that will be a problem.
Actually I disagree.  I think they want to be exonerated and that they cannot bear the thought of leading the remainder of their lives with the public thinking that they are guilty of something. I think that fuels their
public appearances. Yes at first, when they were treated like celebrities and made to feel important - they appeared to enjoy that - but they have a deeper wish to be 'respected' and until that happens (which it never will because the doubt will always be hanging over them) there will always be publicity stunts to try and win over a 'positive' public image.  They will always be tainted though - no matter what.
Yes, I agree with you.

But surely when Operation Grange concludes their whitewash they will be exonerated and the Portuguese will, once again, be portrayed as bungling cops? The British Media will then most likely stop reporting anything from the Portuguese as it will just continue to fuel the fire.

Dare we hope that the McCanns will just disappear then? God, I hope so, because I cannot bear to see them in the papers and on the tv anymore. Except Kate, as long as she remains Ambassador for Missing People, will always have her nose in the limelight.

I don't see the press reporting other missing children anniversaries, so why should the press continue to report on theirs once the whitewash is complete?

Yes, there will always be doubt from the people who have followed this case but the rest of the people will just accept that Portugal messed up and move on.  

And whenever Kate and Gerry come face to face with anyone they will always be unsure which side of the fence they're really on. I would hate to live the rest of my life like that, looking into people's eyes for a clue as to what they really thought of them.

It will be the same for the twins, too, because unless the McCann's disappear totally from the spotlight to let this case become stale news, then this will continue to fester as has other mysterious 'disappearances'/deaths.

I feel very sorry for the people of Portugal who have tried their best to fight the corruption of the UK Government.
Excellent post GGS!

Although I think you underestimate the enormous damage Goncalo Amaral's books and future interviews will unleash on the McCanns carefully built 'abduction' empire.
Thank you pennylane.

Yes, there's always Amaral writing books and taking part in future interviews but that will only happen in Portugal not here in the UK. 

I cannot see Amaral's books ever being allowed to be published in the UK and displayed in UK bookshops.

 
I wonder how many other crimes there are in different countries that we don't know about here because it's not allowed to be reported elsewhere?

And, yes, there's the internet of course for those that want to continue to follow this case. But how many uninformed people will simply accept the conclusion of Operation Grange and then not bother to read Amaral's books or watch his future interviews? People will simply not bother to click on links.

How many people, I wonder, have accepted that Princess Diana died because she wasn't wearing a seatbelt but bother to investigate 'conspiracy theories', for I fear that's what will become of Madeleine McCann.

The Madeleine McCann case will have a huge question mark over it, but people will move on. For instance, my sister knows that I've been following this case from the start and the closest she's got to learning anything about it is by reading Kate McCann's book. I do not talk about this case with her because I know which side of the fence she's on and the conclusion of Operation Grange will reinforce her opinion and there will be many people just like her who will simply not bother to read further because there is so much more to do in life.

I don't think it's all over yet by any means.  I feel there will be major news emerging from Goncalo Amaral that will cast additional grave doubt on the abduction story, and it will be made public!  TM will no longer be able to spin away the bad news, or insure it slips under the radar unnoticed. 

Goncalo Amaral's 'timeline' book will signify the beginning of the end for the abduction facade, and I believe he has a great deal of support to insure its success. 

Soon there will be no place for the McCanns to hide from the truth.  bomb

imo

pennylane

Posts : 2770
Reputation : 1619
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Mirage on 06.05.16 11:04

Interesting what you say, pennylane, in light of that article about GA that was pulled at the last minute from that dreadful rag. The word was that GA would sue them senseless if they ran it, hence the mismatched story that finally appeared which was old news about "trolls". The denigration in the proposed article may have been intended as the first shot by TM at damage limitation and it never got off the ground.

Now, the Mcs are open to every salvo that will be coming from GA. Just when TM need them most, it appears the press are treading warily of GA and his newfound ability to sue scurrilous journalists, some of whom must be very worried about the defaming articles they have written about him in the past. They must be asking themselves every day "Am I an "entity"?  Is he going to sue me?" I wonder if they feel fear and have become miserable? Oh, I do hope so.

Almost perfect karma, when you think about it.

Mirage

Posts : 1905
Reputation : 760
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by pennylane on 06.05.16 11:14

Totally agree, Mirage, TM are in dire straights and all washed up.  

As the old saying goes 'payback's a bitch!'

pennylane

Posts : 2770
Reputation : 1619
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Vicky87 on 06.05.16 16:36

I actually (stupidly) believed Grange might be about actually finding out what happened to the child via police work. Not taking the word of the people who should be prime suspects (even without the inconsistencies and such, parents/last people to see child are always suspects) and basing the 'investigation' around their fairytale. I am actually embarrassed by how incompetent SY is.

Vicky87

Posts : 13
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by aquila on 06.05.16 16:38

I know how you feel. I wanted to believe, I really did.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8901
Reputation : 1803
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by April28th on 06.05.16 19:13

Speaking of the press, I sent a complaint to the IPSO on 23/04, in response to this article, which was at that point just online, though was printed the next day as well.

I received the reference number 251173583. The automated email said 'The Ombudsman will now proceed to investigate your complaint and get back to you as soon as possible.'

To this point I haven't heard back, and the number brings up no results on the IPSO website at present. Would be nice to think this had at least some positive effect? If something like this needs escalating before a decision maybe a strong sign its being taken seriously as intended?
avatar
April28th

Posts : 348
Reputation : 251
Join date : 2015-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Bishop Brennan on 07.05.16 3:34

@Vicky87 wrote:I actually (stupidly) believed Grange might be about actually finding out what happened to the child via police work. Not taking the word of the people who should be prime suspects (even without the inconsistencies and such, parents/last people to see child are always suspects) and basing the 'investigation' around their fairytale. I am actually embarrassed by how incompetent SY is.

I actually feel sorry for the 29 officers (now 4) condemned to this farce for years.  They are sure to have realised pretty quickly that there was no abductor, and that they faced the daily prospect of searching for suspects and connections that could only end one way - ruling them out (again). A more pointless exercise is hard to imagine.  

Redwood made a complete fool of himself on national TV, so no sympathy there - he was a complete buffoon - almost certainly a 'yes-man' his entire career - ideal to lead up the task and keep everyone within remit.  The digging up of PDL had the rest of the UK Police cringing in embarrassment.  Small wonder that Redwood's replacement hasn't said one word in print or TV since taking over, and has reassigned all but 4.   She'd have shut it down I am sure if she had been allowed - but it had to keep going until the final appeal and SC have run their course.
avatar
Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by whatsupdoc on 07.05.16 7:28

Agreed, Bishop Brennan.

There can only be one person to blame for the review farce and that is D. Cameron even though he was likely to have been  "steered " by others.

It has been clear from the start that there was no abductor and not one shred of evidence to suggest an abductor.

Yet the UK have taken the word of the McCanns and blindly searched for an abductor. I do have sympathy with the police who worked on the case. They must have wondered what on earth their bosses were thinking of chasing a claim by the main suspects when there has never been any evidence to back it up.

Think of all the police man-hours wasted when they could have been put to better use.

Thank you to all the police who donated to the GA legal fund.   That said more than many words.
avatar
whatsupdoc

Posts : 601
Reputation : 320
Join date : 2011-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by HelenMeg on 07.05.16 12:20

@pennylane wrote:
@Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:
@pennylane wrote:
@Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:
@MaryB wrote:They want to be 'somebodies'.  That was clear from the outset with the photoshoots balloons, staged appearances and so on.  They want the interviews the celeb following and the TV appearances.  They like the limelight.  And anyone who stands in the way of that will be a problem.
Actually I disagree.  I think they want to be exonerated and that they cannot bear the thought of leading the remainder of their lives with the public thinking that they are guilty of something. I think that fuels their
public appearances. Yes at first, when they were treated like celebrities and made to feel important - they appeared to enjoy that - but they have a deeper wish to be 'respected' and until that happens (which it never will because the doubt will always be hanging over them) there will always be publicity stunts to try and win over a 'positive' public image.  They will always be tainted though - no matter what.
Yes, I agree with you.

But surely when Operation Grange concludes their whitewash they will be exonerated and the Portuguese will, once again, be portrayed as bungling cops? The British Media will then most likely stop reporting anything from the Portuguese as it will just continue to fuel the fire.

Dare we hope that the McCanns will just disappear then? God, I hope so, because I cannot bear to see them in the papers and on the tv anymore. Except Kate, as long as she remains Ambassador for Missing People, will always have her nose in the limelight.

I don't see the press reporting other missing children anniversaries, so why should the press continue to report on theirs once the whitewash is complete?

Yes, there will always be doubt from the people who have followed this case but the rest of the people will just accept that Portugal messed up and move on.  

And whenever Kate and Gerry come face to face with anyone they will always be unsure which side of the fence they're really on. I would hate to live the rest of my life like that, looking into people's eyes for a clue as to what they really thought of them.

It will be the same for the twins, too, because unless the McCann's disappear totally from the spotlight to let this case become stale news, then this will continue to fester as has other mysterious 'disappearances'/deaths.

I feel very sorry for the people of Portugal who have tried their best to fight the corruption of the UK Government.
Excellent post GGS!

Although I think you underestimate the enormous damage Goncalo Amaral's books and future interviews will unleash on the McCanns carefully built 'abduction' empire.
Thank you pennylane.

Yes, there's always Amaral writing books and taking part in future interviews but that will only happen in Portugal not here in the UK. 

I cannot see Amaral's books ever being allowed to be published in the UK and displayed in UK bookshops.

 
I wonder how many other crimes there are in different countries that we don't know about here because it's not allowed to be reported elsewhere?

And, yes, there's the internet of course for those that want to continue to follow this case. But how many uninformed people will simply accept the conclusion of Operation Grange and then not bother to read Amaral's books or watch his future interviews? People will simply not bother to click on links.

How many people, I wonder, have accepted that Princess Diana died because she wasn't wearing a seatbelt but bother to investigate 'conspiracy theories', for I fear that's what will become of Madeleine McCann.

The Madeleine McCann case will have a huge question mark over it, but people will move on. For instance, my sister knows that I've been following this case from the start and the closest she's got to learning anything about it is by reading Kate McCann's book. I do not talk about this case with her because I know which side of the fence she's on and the conclusion of Operation Grange will reinforce her opinion and there will be many people just like her who will simply not bother to read further because there is so much more to do in life.

I don't think it's all over yet by any means.  I feel there will be major news emerging from Goncalo Amaral that will cast additional grave doubt on the abduction story, and it will be made public!  TM will no longer be able to spin away the bad news, or insure it slips under the radar unnoticed. 

Goncalo Amaral's 'timeline' book will signify the beginning of the end for the abduction facade, and I believe he has a great deal of support to insure its success. 

Soon there will be no place for the McCanns to hide from the truth.  bomb

imo
I agree with many of these views.  In fact, I think Amaral's second book and the information he has is key to how the UK will decide to play the outcome (from OG). It has to be. From feeling despondent I now feel quite optimistic -although we are probably  in for a long wait.  The fact that we are still here and the case remains 'unresolved' are positive indicators for a favourable outcome.  A whitewash would seem to be impossible. I 'm a reader of Textusa and I think she has givn a good summary of what is currently going on and why nothing much will occur until the final outcome of any appeal the Mc Cann's will (almost certainly) make. This case is not going to be resolved until the Mc Canns and associates are held to some account. I really cannot see how OG can shelve the case, whilst Amaral is still allowed to talk. He has always been and continue to be the man who holds the strings. They tried to remove him and 'take him out' for that reason but have not managed to do so. He has a lethal weapon though - the truth.

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 209
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Verdi on 07.05.16 15:45

@HelenMeg wrote:  He has always been and continue to be the man who holds the strings. They tried to remove him and 'take him out' for that reason but have not managed to do so. He has a lethal weapon though - the truth.

I'm liking that HelenMeg - well said!

I still can't share your optimism about the future outcome of this case.  Whilst what you say be true, the McCanns are firmly ensconsed in the UK and it would take a lot more than a simple request to get them back in Portugal to answer questions.  Even if Dr. Amaral has strong suspicions about the truth, proving it is a whole different entity - the PJ didn't have sufficient evidence to move the case towards a prosecution during the summer of 2007, indeed up until shelving the case in July 2008, what possible chance is there now, nine years later? 

With the intervention of the UK government and the Metropolitan police, I believe the PJ's official investigation has paled into insignificance in terms of a future conviction.  The dogs have been ignored, as has all the other important factors uncovered by the PJ investigation - the forensic evidence analysed by the UK based experts, the FSS, was (conveniently?) wholly inconclusive so that was another blind alley.  With the subsequent closure of the FSS, I've no doubt all the samples that weren't destroyed have been since destoyed or mislaid.  It's all very well to bang on about the McCanns behaviour, apparent guilt but without evidence to lead to a prosecution any official investigation is stymied.  Public opinion has no bearing on the law - unfortunately!
Too much water under the bridge for my liking - I hope I'm wrong.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 8999
Reputation : 3958
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Bishop Brennan on 08.05.16 5:27

@Verdi wrote: It's all very well to bang on about the McCanns behaviour, apparent guilt but without evidence to lead to a prosecution any official investigation is stymied.  Public opinion has no bearing on the law - unfortunately!
Too much water under the bridge for my liking - I hope I'm wrong.

I suspect you are not wrong. The only silver lining is that provided the SC agree with the Appeal Court, Amaral is then free to publish his book, appear on TV, make documentaries, write new books.

OG will then have been a waste of time, and the last words will continue to be with a newly-vindicated Amaral. As a result, in the Court of Public Opinion (the one that in some ways counts MORE to the McCanns!) the McCanns are likely to go down in history as guilty.

Team McCann will then be condemned to a lifetime of releasing spurious stories about "sightings", "new leads" or "sinister abductors" - whilst continuing the farce of "searching" with whatever cash remains in the fund, and regretting the day they decided to sue Amaral all those years ago.

All of which shows why the Appeal was so important. And why any influence that the McCanns or the UK authorities still have will now be brought to bear on the SC to overturn the decision.




avatar
Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Mirage on 08.05.16 8:05

There are probably those behind the scenes that wish they had faced charges.

 The pair have not made life easy for their "carers". They quickly developed an overblown sense of entitlement and probably found the fame and attention blotted out feelings of guilt. In short, they over-egged the pudding. They became addicted to putting more and more layers of ridiculous detail on an already flawed abduction tale. How easy it was because a path had been cleared for them and they took full advantage, making themselves wealthy on the back of it.

Over time, they have progressively criticised and carped at those who facilitated this easy ride. Leveson, where they bit the hand that fed. And again, recently, with that clodhopping whinge about Leveson 2 and a massive dig at Cameron, whom they'd  already bullied into a review via RB.

They must be sick of them at HQ

Mirage

Posts : 1905
Reputation : 760
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Doug D on 08.05.16 10:44

Bishop Brennan:
 
‘And why any influence that the McCanns or the UK authorities still have will now be brought to bear on the SC to overturn the decision.’
 
Surely too late for that now.
 
The original decision never made sense to the layman and smacked of ‘influence’, based on the published ‘verified facts’ thing, but if there was still influence to be had, this needed to be exerted on the appeal as well.
 
   
Now that the appeal has seemingly returned logic to the process, to try and get the SC to again turn about would just confirm the farce and is a step too far imo.

Doug D

Posts : 2590
Reputation : 919
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by plebgate on 08.05.16 10:56

Shouldn't we be hearing soon as to whether the Appeal to SC has been allowed?

plebgate

Posts : 6204
Reputation : 1854
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Doug D on 08.05.16 11:16

Textusa applied some logic to it and reckoned June 1, although I haven’t verified anything:
 
‘The McCanns have 30 working days – or as the Portuguese call them, useful days – to file the appeal.
 
We are guided by the timelines which happened with Mr Amaral’s appeal to the Appeal Court last year: the sentence was on April 29, and he filed the appeal on June 15, which is 47 days later.
 
If one skips a day to allow for notification, then starts counting from then, from May 2 to June 15, there are 30 working days.
 
Using this reasoning, we can conclude the McCanns have until June 1 to file in the appeal to the Supreme Justice Court.
 
After that we have the time between the filing of the appeal and the decision of the court to accept it or not.’
 
http://textusa.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/the-sun-will-go-down.html#more


They suggest about July 4th to hear whether it gets accepted or not, based on GA's appeal timeline.

Doug D

Posts : 2590
Reputation : 919
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by plebgate on 08.05.16 11:49

Thanks Doug.  

Maybe Rocky A. will be able to celebrate along with the Americans!

plebgate

Posts : 6204
Reputation : 1854
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Realist on 08.05.16 12:06

@pennylane wrote:I usually concur with Pat's take on things, but I'm not sure I understand what she's driving at this time.  IF I may say so! big grin
How about when she stated that Gerry McCann could have smuggled his daughter through customs and back into the UK in a suitcase?

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Joss on 08.05.16 12:51

I am not really familiar with PB's theory on what she thinks happened to MBM? But being that PB is American i know there have been a few cases in the States with murdered people being found in suitcases, so it's not far fetched to purport that as a theory. Unless Gerry McCann had a heads up on getting through customs without any problems with Maddie in a suitcase, then i would think that type of scenario far too risky.
There was also the case in Australia last year of the little girl's bones discovered in a suitcase and speculation of it being Madeleine McCann, but it wasn't.
Btw, do you know where the theory of PB's about that could be found, if you could post a link please, would be interested to read it. TIA.

____________________
avatar
Joss

Posts : 1958
Reputation : 190
Join date : 2011-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Realist on 08.05.16 13:28

@Joss wrote:
Btw, do you know where the theory of PB's about that could be found, if you could post a link please, would be interested to read it. TIA.
Unfortunately, research isn't my forte, Joss and I don't generally follow links, no doubt one of the more diligent followers of this case will be able to find it. It was around 2-3 yrs. ago and it may have been in one of her blogs. In any event, it would have been a link supplied from this forum, because I don't directly follow blogs, twitters etc.

Further to this, all I can add is, that unlike the McCann's alleged kidnapper, it wasn't a figment of my imagination. Perhaps understandably, after reading the aforementioned,, I didn't bother perusing any of her other hypothesis'.

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Realist on 08.05.16 14:04

'' It may be that the body has just not yet been discovered. This is very often the case; while rumors and theories abound about white slavery and porn rings and sightings are made of the victim all over the world, the body of the poor thing has simply been lying in a ravine for the past few months! Sometimes bodies fall into strange and difficult places or are well-buried for years. Then, one day a jogger trips over the body or a farmer turns over some soil to plant his corn, and, voila! The victim has been found."


Well, this is certainly more plausible, Penny.

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by pennylane on 08.05.16 14:11

@Realist wrote:
@pennylane wrote:I usually concur with Pat's take on things, but I'm not sure I understand what she's driving at this time.  IF I may say so! big grin
How about when she stated that Gerry McCann could have smuggled his daughter through customs and back into the UK in a suitcase?
I see you captured part of my post in above (lol)  I was trying to delete the codes.   scratchhead

Pat went onto say this:
   
"first of all, it is a theory, not a fact. Secondly, a theory is useful to stimulate investigative avenues not yet thought of that might lead to evidence that would otherwise have been overlooked. Third, offering one theory does not mean it is the only theory or even the best theory. It is far more likely that Madeleine's body is somewhere underground in Portugal or Spain or in the ocean. These are simpler places to bury a body. It may be that the body has just not yet been discovered. This is very often the case; while rumors and theories abound about white slavery and porn rings and sightings are made of the victim all over the world, the body of the poor thing has simply been lying in a ravine for the past few months! Sometimes bodies fall into strange and difficult places or are well-buried for years. Then, one day a jogger trips over the body or a farmer turns over some soil to plant his corn, and, voila! The victim has been found."

pennylane

Posts : 2770
Reputation : 1619
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pat Brown's theory of what really happend to Madeleine McCann

Post by Tony Bennett on 08.05.16 14:56

@Joss wrote:I am not really familiar with PB's theory on what she thinks happened to MBM?...Btw, do you know where the theory of PB's about that could be found, if you could post a link please, would be interested to read it. TIA.
This is actually quite an important question, since this thread is actually discussing Pat Brown's theory.

I think I can summarise it from what excerpts I've seen from her book, and from other places where she has written about her theory.

These are the key elements:

1. Madeleine was alive all week until after 6pm on Thursday 3 May 2007

2. They were leaving the children all evening in a locked room 

3. Madeleine was at a high tea between 4.45pm and 6.00pm on 3 May as per the evidence of the McCanns and Catriona Baker

4. Whatever happened to her happened after the McCanns returned with Madeleine to their apartment after 6pm that evening

5. They all panicked and dreamt up the abduction hoax that evening

6. They got rid of the body that evening

7. 'Smithman' was a genuine sighting but she can't be sure if it was Gerry McCann or perhaps someone else carrying Madeleine, and

8. She basically supports the conclusions of Goncalo Amaral in his book about what really happened to Madeleine.

That's it in a nutshell. My apologies to Pat if I have misrepresented anything. I guess if she was here she would say: "My book is a commercial venture. People who want to know what my theory really is should buy my book". I think it's available in two or three places.

There was this previous excerpt from her theories, link here: http://www.mccannfiles.com/id191.html

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown
Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 12:51 PM

The concept of Occam's Razor, that the simplest explanation is likely to be true, is useful when analyzing the case of missing Madeleine McCann. With Scotland Yard having flushed millions of pounds of British taxpayer's money down the toilet in an effort to promote the most ludicrous of theories (in complete opposition to Occam's Razor), I want to step back to the night of May 3, 2007 and examine the simplest of answers.

Why did the McCanns leave Madeleine and her siblings alone in the vacation apartment evening after evening?

Because they were not worried that anyone would get into the apartment or that the children would get out.

Why were they not worried that anyone would get into the apartment or that the children would get out?

Because the apartment was thoroughly locked down so that it would be extremely difficult for anyone to get in or for the children to get out.

As then it would be routine for the McCanns to lock down the apartment when they went to the Tapas bar in the evening, would it be likely that they would change their routine on the evening of May 3, 2007 and leave the doors unlocked so that someone could get in or that one of their children could get out?


No.

Therefore, it is most likely that the apartment was locked down on May 3, 2007.

Yes.


Oh.



+++++++++++++++++++

I should make it clear that, as Pat knows, I personally disagree with most of her points numbered 1 to 8 above and to all of the answers she gave in her article of 6 September 2012 (above).

____________________

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 14978
Reputation : 3029
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by MayMuse on 08.05.16 15:26

Why did the McCanns leave Madeleine and her siblings alone in the vacation apartment evening after evening?

Because they were not worried that anyone would get into the apartment or that the children would get out.



Why were they not worried that anyone would get into the apartment or that the children would get out?

Because the apartment was thoroughly locked down so that it would be extremely difficult for anyone to get in or for the children to get out.


Or... They never left them "alone" in the apartment...either someone was with them ( ie. an adult) or they were never there in the first place? 
The locked or unlocked door in this "scenario" then becomes irrelevant!? 
Just my thoughts... 

MayMuse

Posts : 2033
Reputation : 1400
Join date : 2016-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Joss on 08.05.16 15:33

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Joss wrote:I am not really familiar with PB's theory on what she thinks happened to MBM?...Btw, do you know where the theory of PB's about that could be found, if you could post a link please, would be interested to read it. TIA.
This is actually quite an important question, since this thread is actually discussing Pat Brown's theory.

I think I can summarise it from what excerpts I've seen from her book, and from other places where she has written about her theory.

These are the key elements:

1. Madeleine was alive all week until after 6pm on Thursday 3 May 2007

2. They were leaving the children all evening in a locked room 

3. Madeleine was at a high tea between 4.45pm and 6.00pm on 3 May as per the evidence of the McCanns and Catriona Baker

4. Whatever happened to her happened after the McCanns returned with Madeleine to their apartment after 6pm that evening

5. They all panicked and dreamt up the abduction hoax that evening

6. They got rid of the body that evening

7. 'Smithman' was a genuine sighting but she can't be sure if it was Gerry McCann or perhaps someone else carrying Madeleine, and

8. She basically supports the conclusions of Goncalo Amaral in his book about what really happened to Madeleine.

That's it in a nutshell. My apologies to Pat if I have misrepresented anything. I guess if she was here she would say: "My book is a commercial venture. People who want to know what my theory really is should buy my book". I think it's available in two or three places.

There was this previous excerpt from her theories, link here: http://www.mccannfiles.com/id191.html

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown
Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 12:51 PM

The concept of Occam's Razor, that the simplest explanation is likely to be true, is useful when analyzing the case of missing Madeleine McCann. With Scotland Yard having flushed millions of pounds of British taxpayer's money down the toilet in an effort to promote the most ludicrous of theories (in complete opposition to Occam's Razor), I want to step back to the night of May 3, 2007 and examine the simplest of answers.

Why did the McCanns leave Madeleine and her siblings alone in the vacation apartment evening after evening?

Because they were not worried that anyone would get into the apartment or that the children would get out.

Why were they not worried that anyone would get into the apartment or that the children would get out?

Because the apartment was thoroughly locked down so that it would be extremely difficult for anyone to get in or for the children to get out.

As then it would be routine for the McCanns to lock down the apartment when they went to the Tapas bar in the evening, would it be likely that they would change their routine on the evening of May 3, 2007 and leave the doors unlocked so that someone could get in or that one of their children could get out?


No.

Therefore, it is most likely that the apartment was locked down on May 3, 2007.

Yes.


Oh.



+++++++++++++++++++

I should make it clear that, as Pat knows, I personally disagree with most of her points numbered 1 to 8 above and to all of the answers she gave in her article of 6 September 2012 (above).
Thankyou very much Tony for posting up all that information, much appreciated.

____________________
avatar
Joss

Posts : 1958
Reputation : 190
Join date : 2011-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Realist on 08.05.16 15:55

1. Madeleine was alive all week until after 6pm on Thursday 3 May 2007

I tend to agree here, because the alternative would entail comparative strangers with no criminal experience being involved in a conspiracy to pervert the course of justice. To state that this would be ill advised would be an understatement of brobdingnagian proportions.

2. They were leaving the children all evening in a locked room 

Common logic would suggest this were the case, even the most irresponsible parents would at least ensure the aforementioned precaution was undertaken. However, once the police had disproved their initial story of a kidnapper entering through the shuttered windows, they were left with no alternative than to state that they had left the patio doors unlocked for the convenience of others when checking the children's welfare.

3. Madeleine was at a high tea between 4.45pm and 6.00pm on 3 May as per the evidence of the McCanns and Catriona Baker


I would have to agree on this point for the same reason as given in no. 1, although I will concede there could be limited leeway in the time structure. Memory lapse is an entirely different animal to an outright lie.

4. Whatever happened to her happened after the McCanns returned with Madeleine to their apartment after 6pm that evening


That is also my opinion.



5. They all panicked and dreamt up the abduction hoax that evening


I agree with this, with the proviso that by all, she means the McCanns.  Unless whatever happened to their daughter was premeditated, any plan would by default,  had to have been concocted after her demise. on the evening of the 3rd inst. May 2007.

6. They got rid of the body that evening


It doesn't take the brains of David Lloyd George, or for that matter the mathematical genius of Albert Einstein to configure this out.


7. 'Smithman' was a genuine sighting but she can't be sure if it was Gerry McCann or perhaps someone else carrying Madeleine, and

Whether the Smiths did, or did not see a person carrying a child at around the 10 pm. mark, in my humble opinion is entirely irrelevant, because I am of the firm belief that the McCanns had disposed of their daughter's body prior to leaving for the Tapas bar.

8. She basically supports the conclusions of Goncalo Amaral in his book about what really happened to Madeleine.


Goncala's theory, again this is only my opinion, falls at the first hurdle where he describes Madeleine's demise as being the result of an accident. Without wishing to appear unduly repetitive, sane minded people do not turn accidental deaths into potential murder enquiries by disposing of the body and concocting spurious kidnapping fables.


Even Gerry McCann concedes this important point where he states(I'm paraphrasing) 'Why would we be responsible for Madeleine accidentally harming herself.'

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum