The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview - Page 3 Mm11

Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview - Page 3 Mm11

Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview - Page 3 Regist10

Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview - Page 3 Empty Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by happychick 30.04.16 13:17

Kate and Gerry McCann did not pull out of new Maddie appeal on Lorraine show

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/kate-gerry-mccann-not-pull-7866528

happychick
happychick

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview - Page 3 Empty Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by pennylane 30.04.16 13:21

So Bessie mate Lorraine Kelly didn't invite them on her show after all?  I wonder why big grin
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.04.16 13:24

happychick wrote:Kate and Gerry McCann did not pull out of new Maddie appeal on Lorraine show

Pull the other one!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 30.04.16 13:26

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7117995/Kate-and-Gerry-McCann-pull-out-of-Lorraine-Kelly-TV-interview-after-devastating-libel-case-defeat.html
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 30.04.16 13:32

Ladyinred wrote:
happychick wrote:Kate and Gerry McCann did not pull out of new Maddie appeal on Lorraine show

Pull the other one!

Indeed. The McCann PR team were caught napping by the story of their pull-out leaking to the press. This is attempted damage-control. As with most things McCann now, nobody is buying it. Of course they planned to come on TV and crow about their big win - and of course they cancelled it when they found out that - whoops, they lost!

big grin

Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick 30.04.16 13:39

Bishop Brennan wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:

Pull the other one!

Indeed.  The McCann PR team were caught napping by the story of their pull-out leaking to the press.  This is attempted damage-control.  As with most things McCann now, nobody is buying it.  Of course they planned to come on TV and crow about their big win - and of course they cancelled it when they found out that - whoops, they lost!

big grin

And what are we to make of this then? That they didn't make any arrangements for the anniversary at all?

They can't win with this one!

happychick
happychick

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 30.04.16 14:05

Mc's family friend told Daily Star they withdraw from ITV talk show
ITV (Lorraine?) told Mirror and the Sun the Mcs were neither invited nor accepted.

Who is lying?  Family friend or Lorraine?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 30.04.16 14:16

We usually know who the family friend is don't we ?

eta From what I've read in the past, how it works is journalists phone Mitchell to comment on a very damaging story, and he has two choices, either he gives them a story with his own spin, or they print more graphic revelations (if that makes sense). In other words article appears rather negative towards the McCanns, but it's still massive damage limitation.   May or may not be the case in this instance, but just saying.........
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 30.04.16 14:33

pennylane wrote:We usually know who the family friend is don't we ?

Strange things going on in the press.

Who ever heard of ITV getting itself involved with tabloids to unentangle itself from something not of their doing?

Likely -
Clarrie dropped the MCs into shit without Kate's knowledge.
Kate asked her mate lorraine to pretty pls spread words to tabloids to refute the story.
Clarrie told to stand in the naughty corner holding onto his ears.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 30.04.16 14:36

Yes could be any of the above too.  Did you read rest of my post verdi, I'm sure I read a few years back that was how the system works.
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist 30.04.16 14:47

pennylane wrote:The McCanns are doing what they've always done best.  Avoiding the truth!
I think, Penny, a more appropriate description would be that they are practising the noble art of 'damage limitation.'

Other than perhaps having libel on his mind, I still can't understand how Goncala could have formed the opinion that the McCanns would have felt the need to conceal their daughter's body in the event of her death being accidental.

The only other possible explanation, other than the aforementioned, is that he used the word accident/accidental in the context of a euphemism. I would be interested to determine if there is some mode of personal communication available whereby he could clarify this matter. (off the record , of course.)
Realist

Activity : 602

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 30.04.16 14:48

aiyoyo wrote:
Likely -

- Clarrie dropped the MCs into shit without Kate's knowledge.
- Kate asked her mate lorraine to pretty pls spread words to tabloids to refute the story.
- Clarrie told to stand in the naughty corner holding onto his ears.

I'd like to second that theory. Very plausible.

The alternative that they would have us believe is:

1. No Anniversary TV appearances were planned
2. Wee Lorraine certainly didn't invite them on the show
3. Bored, the Star invents a story that they had pulled out of a show they hadn't been invited to
4. Clarrie corrects the story

Yup, I'm going with @aiyoyo's

Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 30.04.16 15:07

Realist wrote:
pennylane wrote:The McCanns are doing what they've always done best.  Avoiding the truth!
I think, Penny, a more appropriate description would be that they are practising the noble art of 'damage limitation.'

Other than perhaps having libel on his mind, I still can't understand how Goncala could have formed the opinion that the McCanns would have felt the need to conceal their daughter's body in the event of her death being accidental.

The only other possible explanation, other than the aforementioned, is if he used the word accident/accidental in the context of a euphemism. I would be interested to determine if there is some mode of personal communication available whereby he could clarify this matter. (off the record , of course.)
You've got a real bee on your bonnet on this one aye  big grin

I've tried to explain that there is a lot of distance between 'accident' and 'murder' that could hang the parents out to dry.  For example: sedating 3 toddlers (after hysterical crying heard by neighbor on previous night while parents at tapas bar); and one toddler gets up in drugged state, goes to search for the parents and falls and breaks her neck.  This could be classified as an 'accident death,' with a whole slew of serious charges behind it, and it would also include serious charges re the twins welfare as well.

That be one example of 'an accident.'
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 30.04.16 15:16

@BishopBrennan

But the Daily Star's piece is littered with 'speech marks' (quotes) from the family friends.
Unless DS plucked it out of air....
If so, who put ITV up to do the round with tabloids to do the remedial piece?
ITV volunteering info to tabloids to undo something not of their doing would be very odd - poking its nose into something banal like that when surely it is up to Mcs or representative spokesman/family friend to come out and refute it if DS is inaccurate.

If the withdrawal story is fabrication of Daily Star (not sourced from family friend) the Mcs would demand DS retract or sue them, as is their style.  
So something very strange is going on in Mc's media control department.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 30.04.16 15:21

pennylane wrote:
sedating 3 toddlers (after hysterical crying heard by neighbor on previous night while parents at tapas bar); and one toddler gets up in drugged state, goes to search for the parents and falls and breaks her neck.  This could be classified as an 'accident death,' with a whole slew of serious charges behind it, and it would also include serious charges re the twins welfare as well.

That be one example of 'an accident.'

And it's the scenario that is alluded to in Amaral's book. The sedation theory was of course made famous by Gerry's astonishing "tell" on camera when being asked specifically if they had given the kids something. It's always worth another viewing - a classic unconscious give-away and no doubt legendary in crime lectures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5jtmkXXv58

So no - they won't want any questions on that now that the book is back in bookshops. Even with cuddly Lorraine!

Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 30.04.16 15:28

They have to believe that people are stupid.

You don´t need to be a rocket scientist to understand that they are pulling out to avoid answering questions re Amaral's book and their involvement in what happened to Madeleine.

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 30.04.16 15:36

As well as the uncomfortable ear scratching in that interview he almost loses his voice on the word 's...aaaa,..ditive', like its really hard to get the word out, i wonder why that would be?
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist 30.04.16 15:42

pennylane wrote:

I've tried to explain that there is a lot of distance between 'accident' and 'murder' 
No disrespect, Penny, but in the eyes of the law, the only 'distance' between accident and murder is manslaughter. Manslaughter, although the lesser offence, is still a criminal matter with the difference being that it carries a far lesser penalty upon conviction. Anything classified as accidental is not a criminal offence. 

A verdict of accidental death would not have jeopardised the McCann's careers, their financial standing, or the custody of their children, whereas a criminal conviction of manslaughter would. I don't personally opine that the McCanns deliberately set out to murder their daughter, au contraire, I am of the opinion that her demise was a direct result of something out of the normal parameter of parental care they did to her. Whether it was a consequence of drugging, smacking, abusing etc. is immaterial, it would still be classified as manslaughter, as opposed to accidental.

In layperson's terms and I stand to be corrected, the basic difference between an action being classified as accidental and manslaughter is that the former is not a consequence of one's actions, whereas the latter is. An action doesn't have to be intentional to be classified as manslaughter, it could for instance, result from reckless behaviour, irresponsibility etc.
Realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 30.04.16 15:50

Realist wrote:
No disrespect, Penny, but in the eyes of the law, the only 'distance' between accident and murder is manslaughter.

And no disrespect to you either, but I'm struggling to see the relevance of your post to the thread? Wasn't it about Lorraine's invitation (or not) to the McCanns? A touchy issue judging from Twitter - and perhaps also here?

Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.04.16 15:53

Thank you, Bishop.

Stay on topic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist 30.04.16 15:57

Bishop Brennan wrote:

And no disrespect to you either, but I'm struggling to see the relevance of your post to the thread?  Wasn't it about Lorraine's invitation (or not) to the McCanns? A touchy issue judging from Twitter - and perhaps also here?  

Indeed it was, Bishop, my only saving grace being that I was merely replying to another poster's understanding of the term, 'accidental.'
Realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dottyaussie 30.04.16 16:04

Let me get this right then -

They were supposed to appear but then THEY decided against because THEY'RE so devestated - or

They were supposed to appear but then THEY decide THEY didn't want to answer awkward questions - or

They were supposed to appear but ITV decided against it because of public opinion/distancing themselves/they couldn't ask awkward questions - or

They were NEVER supposed to appear anyway

And now even the MSM are arguing about it  !! Crikey !!
dottyaussie
dottyaussie

Activity : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist 30.04.16 16:10

dottyaussie wrote:Let me get this right then -

They were supposed to appear but then THEY decided against because THEY'RE so devestated - or

They were supposed to appear but then THEY decide THEY didn't want to answer awkward questions - or

They were supposed to appear but ITV decided against it because of public opinion/distancing themselves/they couldn't ask awkward questions - or

They were NEVER supposed to appear anyway

And now even the MSM are arguing about it  !! Crikey !!
That is probably about as accurate a description of what has transpired as one is likely to get.
Realist

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 30.04.16 16:40

NickE wrote:They have to believe that people are stupid.

You don´t need to be a rocket scientist to understand that they are pulling out to avoid answering questions re Amaral's book and their involvement in what happened to Madeleine.

And you don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that the McCs had planned on sitting down for a sympathetic interview on the anniversary which was to coincide with their final victory over Amaral. It is ludicrous of them to expect people to buy this face saving spin.
whodunit
whodunit

Activity : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.04.16 16:43

I don't know how they thought they would win the appeal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top