The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by happychick on 30.04.16 13:17

Kate and Gerry McCann did not pull out of new Maddie appeal on Lorraine show

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/kate-gerry-mccann-not-pull-7866528

____________________

avatar
happychick

Posts : 401
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2011-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by pennylane on 30.04.16 13:21

So Bessie mate Lorraine Kelly didn't invite them on her show after all?  I wonder why big grin

pennylane

Posts : 2756
Reputation : 1584
Join date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by Guest on 30.04.16 13:24

@happychick wrote:Kate and Gerry McCann did not pull out of new Maddie appeal on Lorraine show

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/kate-gerry-mccann-not-pull-7866528
Pull the other one!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by Bishop Brennan on 30.04.16 13:32

Ladyinred wrote:
@happychick wrote:Kate and Gerry McCann did not pull out of new Maddie appeal on Lorraine show

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/kate-gerry-mccann-not-pull-7866528
Pull the other one!

Indeed. The McCann PR team were caught napping by the story of their pull-out leaking to the press. This is attempted damage-control. As with most things McCann now, nobody is buying it. Of course they planned to come on TV and crow about their big win - and of course they cancelled it when they found out that - whoops, they lost!

big grin

avatar
Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by happychick on 30.04.16 13:39

@Bishop Brennan wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:
@happychick wrote:Kate and Gerry McCann did not pull out of new Maddie appeal on Lorraine show

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/kate-gerry-mccann-not-pull-7866528
Pull the other one!

Indeed.  The McCann PR team were caught napping by the story of their pull-out leaking to the press.  This is attempted damage-control.  As with most things McCann now, nobody is buying it.  Of course they planned to come on TV and crow about their big win - and of course they cancelled it when they found out that - whoops, they lost!

big grin

And what are we to make of this then? That they didn't make any arrangements for the anniversary at all?

They can't win with this one!

____________________

avatar
happychick

Posts : 401
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2011-06-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by aiyoyo on 30.04.16 14:05

Mc's family friend told Daily Star they withdraw from ITV talk show
ITV (Lorraine?) told Mirror and the Sun the Mcs were neither invited nor accepted.

Who is lying?  Family friend or Lorraine?

avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by pennylane on 30.04.16 14:16

We usually know who the family friend is don't we ?


eta From what I've read in the past, how it works is journalists phone Mitchell to comment on a very damaging story, and he has two choices, either he gives them a story with his own spin, or they print more graphic revelations (if that makes sense). In other words article appears rather negative towards the McCanns, but it's still massive damage limitation.   May or may not be the case in this instance, but just saying.........

pennylane

Posts : 2756
Reputation : 1584
Join date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by aiyoyo on 30.04.16 14:33

@pennylane wrote:We usually know who the family friend is don't we ?

Strange things going on in the press.

Who ever heard of ITV getting itself involved with tabloids to unentangle itself from something not of their doing?

Likely -
Clarrie dropped the MCs into shit without Kate's knowledge.
Kate asked her mate lorraine to pretty pls spread words to tabloids to refute the story.
Clarrie told to stand in the naughty corner holding onto his ears.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by pennylane on 30.04.16 14:36

Yes could be any of the above too.  Did you read rest of my post verdi, I'm sure I read a few years back that was how the system works.

pennylane

Posts : 2756
Reputation : 1584
Join date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by Realist on 30.04.16 14:47

@pennylane wrote:The McCanns are doing what they've always done best.  Avoiding the truth!
I think, Penny, a more appropriate description would be that they are practising the noble art of 'damage limitation.'

Other than perhaps having libel on his mind, I still can't understand how Goncala could have formed the opinion that the McCanns would have felt the need to conceal their daughter's body in the event of her death being accidental.

The only other possible explanation, other than the aforementioned, is that he used the word accident/accidental in the context of a euphemism. I would be interested to determine if there is some mode of personal communication available whereby he could clarify this matter. (off the record , of course.)

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by Bishop Brennan on 30.04.16 14:48

@aiyoyo wrote:
...
Likely -

- Clarrie dropped the MCs into shit without Kate's knowledge.
- Kate asked her mate lorraine to pretty pls spread words to tabloids to refute the story.
- Clarrie told to stand in the naughty corner holding onto his ears.

I'd like to second that theory. Very plausible.

The alternative that they would have us believe is:

1. No Anniversary TV appearances were planned
2. Wee Lorraine certainly didn't invite them on the show
3. Bored, the Star invents a story that they had pulled out of a show they hadn't been invited to
4. Clarrie corrects the story

Yup, I'm going with @aiyoyo's



avatar
Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by pennylane on 30.04.16 15:07

@Realist wrote:
@pennylane wrote:The McCanns are doing what they've always done best.  Avoiding the truth!
I think, Penny, a more appropriate description would be that they are practising the noble art of 'damage limitation.'

Other than perhaps having libel on his mind, I still can't understand how Goncala could have formed the opinion that the McCanns would have felt the need to conceal their daughter's body in the event of her death being accidental.

The only other possible explanation, other than the aforementioned, is if he used the word accident/accidental in the context of a euphemism. I would be interested to determine if there is some mode of personal communication available whereby he could clarify this matter. (off the record , of course.)
You've got a real bee on your bonnet on this one aye  big grin

I've tried to explain that there is a lot of distance between 'accident' and 'murder' that could hang the parents out to dry.  For example: sedating 3 toddlers (after hysterical crying heard by neighbor on previous night while parents at tapas bar); and one toddler gets up in drugged state, goes to search for the parents and falls and breaks her neck.  This could be classified as an 'accident death,' with a whole slew of serious charges behind it, and it would also include serious charges re the twins welfare as well.

That be one example of 'an accident.'

pennylane

Posts : 2756
Reputation : 1584
Join date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by aiyoyo on 30.04.16 15:16

@BishopBrennan

But the Daily Star's piece is littered with 'speech marks' (quotes) from the family friends.
Unless DS plucked it out of air....
If so, who put ITV up to do the round with tabloids to do the remedial piece?
ITV volunteering info to tabloids to undo something not of their doing would be very odd - poking its nose into something banal like that when surely it is up to Mcs or representative spokesman/family friend to come out and refute it if DS is inaccurate.

If the withdrawal story is fabrication of Daily Star (not sourced from family friend) the Mcs would demand DS retract or sue them, as is their style.  
So something very strange is going on in Mc's media control department.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by Bishop Brennan on 30.04.16 15:21

@pennylane wrote:
...
sedating 3 toddlers (after hysterical crying heard by neighbor on previous night while parents at tapas bar); and one toddler gets up in drugged state, goes to search for the parents and falls and breaks her neck.  This could be classified as an 'accident death,' with a whole slew of serious charges behind it, and it would also include serious charges re the twins welfare as well.

That be one example of 'an accident.'

And it's the scenario that is alluded to in Amaral's book. The sedation theory was of course made famous by Gerry's astonishing "tell" on camera when being asked specifically if they had given the kids something. It's always worth another viewing - a classic unconscious give-away and no doubt legendary in crime lectures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5jtmkXXv58

So no - they won't want any questions on that now that the book is back in bookshops. Even with cuddly Lorraine!


avatar
Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by NickE on 30.04.16 15:28

They have to believe that people are stupid.

You don´t need to be a rocket scientist to understand that they are pulling out to avoid answering questions re Amaral's book and their involvement in what happened to Madeleine.

____________________
When asked if people will ever learn what really happened, Mr Amaral responded: “Yes, we will, when MI5 opens the case files, we will find out".
avatar
NickE

Posts : 994
Reputation : 300
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by ChippyM on 30.04.16 15:36

As well as the uncomfortable ear scratching in that interview he almost loses his voice on the word 's...aaaa,..ditive', like its really hard to get the word out, i wonder why that would be?

ChippyM

Posts : 1261
Reputation : 409
Join date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by Realist on 30.04.16 15:42

@pennylane wrote:

I've tried to explain that there is a lot of distance between 'accident' and 'murder' 
No disrespect, Penny, but in the eyes of the law, the only 'distance' between accident and murder is manslaughter. Manslaughter, although the lesser offence, is still a criminal matter with the difference being that it carries a far lesser penalty upon conviction. Anything classified as accidental is not a criminal offence. 

A verdict of accidental death would not have jeopardised the McCann's careers, their financial standing, or the custody of their children, whereas a criminal conviction of manslaughter would. I don't personally opine that the McCanns deliberately set out to murder their daughter, au contraire, I am of the opinion that her demise was a direct result of something out of the normal parameter of parental care they did to her. Whether it was a consequence of drugging, smacking, abusing etc. is immaterial, it would still be classified as manslaughter, as opposed to accidental.

In layperson's terms and I stand to be corrected, the basic difference between an action being classified as accidental and manslaughter is that the former is not a consequence of one's actions, whereas the latter is. An action doesn't have to be intentional to be classified as manslaughter, it could for instance, result from reckless behaviour, irresponsibility etc.

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by Bishop Brennan on 30.04.16 15:50

@Realist wrote:
No disrespect, Penny, but in the eyes of the law, the only 'distance' between accident and murder is manslaughter.

And no disrespect to you either, but I'm struggling to see the relevance of your post to the thread? Wasn't it about Lorraine's invitation (or not) to the McCanns? A touchy issue judging from Twitter - and perhaps also here?

avatar
Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by Guest on 30.04.16 15:53

Thank you, Bishop.

Stay on topic.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by Realist on 30.04.16 15:57

@Bishop Brennan wrote:


And no disrespect to you either, but I'm struggling to see the relevance of your post to the thread?  Wasn't it about Lorraine's invitation (or not) to the McCanns? A touchy issue judging from Twitter - and perhaps also here?  

Indeed it was, Bishop, my only saving grace being that I was merely replying to another poster's understanding of the term, 'accidental.'

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by dottyaussie on 30.04.16 16:04

Let me get this right then -

They were supposed to appear but then THEY decided against because THEY'RE so devestated - or

They were supposed to appear but then THEY decide THEY didn't want to answer awkward questions - or

They were supposed to appear but ITV decided against it because of public opinion/distancing themselves/they couldn't ask awkward questions - or

They were NEVER supposed to appear anyway

And now even the MSM are arguing about it  !! Crikey !!
avatar
dottyaussie

Posts : 157
Reputation : 169
Join date : 2016-02-25
Location : NorthWest

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by Realist on 30.04.16 16:10

@dottyaussie wrote:Let me get this right then -

They were supposed to appear but then THEY decided against because THEY'RE so devestated - or

They were supposed to appear but then THEY decide THEY didn't want to answer awkward questions - or

They were supposed to appear but ITV decided against it because of public opinion/distancing themselves/they couldn't ask awkward questions - or

They were NEVER supposed to appear anyway

And now even the MSM are arguing about it  !! Crikey !!
That is probably about as accurate a description of what has transpired as one is likely to get.

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by whodunit on 30.04.16 16:40

@NickE wrote:They have to believe that people are stupid.

You don´t need to be a rocket scientist to understand that they are pulling out to avoid answering questions re Amaral's book and their involvement in what happened to Madeleine.

And you don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that the McCs had planned on sitting down for a sympathetic interview on the anniversary which was to coincide with their final victory over Amaral. It is ludicrous of them to expect people to buy this face saving spin.
avatar
whodunit

Posts : 467
Reputation : 443
Join date : 2015-02-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by BlueBag on 30.04.16 16:43

I don't know how they thought they would win the appeal.
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 4191
Reputation : 2000
Join date : 2014-06-06

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
McCanns apt & hire car


Blood and cadaver alerts
dismissed by UK Government


Retired DCI Gonçalo Amaral: "The English can always present the conclusions to which they themselves arrived in 2007. Because they know, they have the evidence of what happened - they don't need to investigate anything. All this is now a mere 'show off'."

Retired murder DCI Colin Sutton: "I would also like to make the point that Operation Grange was so restricted from the start as to be destined to fail."

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley made public on national TV that Operation Grange is a complete fraud.

Ex-DCI Andy Redwood had a "revelation moment" on BBC's Crimewatch on 14th October 2013 when he announced that Operation Grange had eliminated the Tanner sighting - which opened up the 'window of opportunity', in accordance with their remit, to allow the fake abduction to happen.

Despite "irrelevant behaviour" from blood and cadaver dogs in the McCann's apartment, on Kate McCann's clothes, and in the car they hired three weeks after Maddie disappeared, Ex-Chief Inspector, Ian Horrocks, said: "The thought that Kate and Gerry McCann had anything to do with the death of their daughter is frankly preposterous."

Gerry McCann called for example to be made of 'trolls'. SKY News reporter Martin Brunt doorstepped Brenda Leyland on 2 October 2014. She was then found dead in a Leicester hotel room. Brenda paid the price. She paid with her life.

Ex-Deputy Chief Constable, Jim Gamble QPM, congratulated SKY reporter, Martin Brunt, on twitter for doorstepping Brenda Leyland on behalf of Gerry McCann.

Prime Minister Theresa May introduces Prime Suspect Kate McCann to Royalty: The Duchess of Gloucester.

Good Cop Down: The reality of being a police whistleblower
https://goodcopdown.wordpress.com/