The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Parents withdraw from Lorraine interview

Post by sandancer on 30.04.16 20:21

I've just noticed that The Sun states that "Madeleine WOULD have been thirteen this year "

WOULD have , not WILL be !! Hmm interesting !

Will the "seething " be out again , after all there's no proof she's come to any harm is there ?
sandancer

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 01.05.16 15:14

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere on the Forum, but this is in Correio da Manha, today. This is a Google translation of the article:

McCann disappears from TV Kate and Gerry cancel interviews after court defeat.  a few days to complete nine years of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann , the parents of British girl decided to cancel the interviews that were scheduled to mark the date. According to close to double source quoted by the British press , Kate and Gerry made ​​this decision for fear that the focus is put on recent defeat in court in the case against Goncalo Amaral instead of focusing attention on the search for the missing girl on the beach of Light in the Algarve , on 3 May 2007.

" They liked to make a new appeal [ to try to find Maddie ] , but are aware that any journalist will question them about the victory of Gonçalo Amaral. They are devastated with the court decision . It's the last thing you want to discuss at this time" , secured a couple of friend the newspaper 'Daily Star' .

One of canceled interviews, ITV , one of the most viewed channels in the UK , was scheduled for Tuesday , the day that mark nine years of the disappearance of the girl. Kate and Gerry McCann also refused several offers to interviews on TV and magazines worldwide dimension , since after the decision be known. Kate and Gerry are preparing an appeal against the court decision - demanded compensation of 500,000 euros Gonçalo Amaral . Now the former inspector PJ can return to 'sell' the book ' True Lies ' and is considering moving forward with a case against the McCanns .

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/nacional/portugal/detalhe/casal_mccann_desaparece_da_tv.html

sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 01.05.16 15:41

Something really strange is going between Mc's PR department and the Press.

The on and off story of did they or didn't they withdraw, or did they or didn't they get invited is occupying column space unnecessarily turning a non matter into a Mt Everest.

The mcs meddling with it to get the DS's story corrected is backfiring.
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 01.05.16 15:50

Many versions of this story gives scope for suing the one(s) that are not correct

noddy100

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 01.05.16 16:02

I think the Kelly story was intended to take people's eye of the ball which is Goncalo Amaral's win and his penning of not only one, but two, in-depth books pertaining to the McCann facade.

Unfortunately TM drastically miscalculated the situation, and only added fuel to the fire (imo).

pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 01.05.16 16:29

It's the opposition.  
It draws attention to Amaral victory thus their withdrawal to avoid awkward questions.
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 01.05.16 16:57

Could be, aiyoyo.  If they really did withdraw?

From from what I've gleaned re Mitchell is that when there's a big McCann story, i.e, Amaral's win/books, some journos phone Mitchell and he has to give them something or they go ahead with more damning story.  Probably I'm being too suspicious because I've seen the crafty way they operate in the past.

pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist on 01.05.16 19:00

I fail to perceive how Goncalo's High Ct. victory has embarrassed the McCanns in terms of involvement  with their daughter's death. The case had nothing whatsoever to do with the McCann's culpability, or for that matter, their integrity in relation to the demise of Madeleine.. The foundation of the case and its ultimate conclusion was based entirely on Goncalo's right to freedom of expression.

The only outcome of this case that will adversely affect the McCanns is that it will give Goncalo carte blanche  to further his cause by publishing more books and overtly voice his opinions without fear of legal reprisals from the McCanns. It will also of course affect their financial status.

I think that some are misunderstanding both the implications and what this case was actually about.

Realist

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 01.05.16 19:03

@pennylane wrote:Could be, aiyoyo.  If they really did withdraw?

They pulled from the interview, then refuted.

Daily Express pulled their article on Amaral, then reinstated.

ITV getting involved on their behalf would suggest some strange things going on.  
Kate and Kelly being bosom mates....any arrangement and backtracking is possible to cover up.

Strange happenings going on.
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 01.05.16 19:08

@Realist wrote:I fail to perceive how Goncalo's High Ct. victory has embarrassed the McCanns in terms of involvement  with their daughter's death. The case had nothing whatsoever to do with the McCann's culpability, or for that matter, their integrity. The foundation of the case and its ultimate conclusion was based entirely on Goncalo's right to freedom of expression.

The only outcome of this case that will adversely affect the McCanns is that it will give Goncalo carte blanche  to further his cause by publishing more books and overtly voice his opinions without fear of legal reprisals from the McCanns.

I think that some are misunderstanding both the implications and what this case was actually about.
Do the general public appreciate those finer points though?  That is the question - it's all about perception isn't it?

I did read in the transcript of the Appeal Court Judgement that the witnesses they called were of no use at all.

I would be very embarrassed about that and even if that hadn't been written I would have been embarrassed because none of the Tapas Crew attended but people who were not on the holiday had been prepared to enter the witness box.  I did and still do find that very strange.

plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist on 01.05.16 19:12

@plebgate wrote:

Do the general public appreciate those finer points though?  That is the question - it's all about perception isn't it?
Indeed and that is where it will financially affect them vis a vis future public donations.

Realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 01.05.16 19:13

@aiyoyo wrote:
@pennylane wrote:Could be, aiyoyo.  If they really did withdraw?

They pulled from the interview, then refuted.

Daily Express pulled their article on Amaral, then reinstated.

ITV getting involved on their behalf would suggest some strange things going on.  
Kate and Kelly being bosom mates....any arrangement and backtracking is possible to cover up.

Strange happenings going on.

Well they wrote the book on 'strange' didn't they? smilie

pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 01.05.16 19:16

@plebgate wrote:
@Realist wrote:I fail to perceive how Goncalo's High Ct. victory has embarrassed the McCanns in terms of involvement  with their daughter's death. The case had nothing whatsoever to do with the McCann's culpability, or for that matter, their integrity. The foundation of the case and its ultimate conclusion was based entirely on Goncalo's right to freedom of expression.

The only outcome of this case that will adversely affect the McCanns is that it will give Goncalo carte blanche  to further his cause by publishing more books and overtly voice his opinions without fear of legal reprisals from the McCanns.

I did read in the transcript of the Appeal Court Judgement that the witnesses they called were of no use at all.

I would be very embarrassed about that and even if that hadn't been written I would have been embarrassed because none of the Tapas Crew attended but people who were not on the holiday had been prepared to enter the witness box.  I did and still do find that very strange.

Spot on, plebgate! thumbup

pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 01.05.16 19:19

@Realist wrote:
@plebgate wrote:

Indeed and that is where it will financially affect them vis a vis future public donations.
IMO they will not be asking for any further donations from the general public.   Many people seem to realise that they have £750 grand earmarked for PIs if and when the SY investigation is over without being able to take it any further,  so who in their right minds would donate?

plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 01.05.16 19:23

@Realist wrote:I fail to perceive how Goncalo's High Ct. victory has embarrassed the McCanns in terms of involvement  with their daughter's death. The case had nothing whatsoever to do with the McCann's culpability, or for that matter, their integrity in relation to the demise of Madeleine.. The foundation of the case and its ultimate conclusion was based entirely on Goncalo's right to freedom of expression.

The only outcome of this case that will adversely affect the McCanns is that it will give Goncalo carte blanche  to further his cause by publishing more books and overtly voice his opinions without fear of legal reprisals from the McCanns. It will also of course affect their financial status.

That doesn't make sense. Of course it is embarrassing for the McCanns. That's why they are not appearing in the media, imo. 

It most certainly will affect their financial status! That will be embarrassing for them too, I would imagine.

j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.05.16 19:25

@Realist wrote:I fail to perceive how Goncalo's High Ct. victory has embarrassed the McCanns in terms of involvement  with their daughter's death. The case had nothing whatsoever to do with the McCann's culpability, or for that matter, their integrity in relation to the demise of Madeleine.. The foundation of the case and its ultimate conclusion was based entirely on Goncalo's right to freedom of expression.

Conversely, imagine if the parents were successful. They'd be all over the airwaves, tabloids and sofas, with their triumphant, smug faces, informing us how buoyed they are, no evidence, blah blah.  Thank goodness we've been spared all that!

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 01.05.16 19:27

Ladyinred wrote:

Conversely, imagine if the parents were successful. They'd be all over the airwaves, tabloids and sofas, with their triumphant, smug faces, informing us how buoyed they are, blah blah.  Thank goodness we've been spared all that!

Indeed!

j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by haroldd2 on 01.05.16 19:31

@Realist wrote:
@plebgate wrote:

Maybe not just future ones. I hope some donors will ask for their money back and consider suing if they don't get it. They would be quite entitled to cite the outcome of the Portuguese appeal.

haroldd2

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist on 01.05.16 19:43

@j.rob wrote:

That doesn't make sense. Of course it is embarrassing for the McCanns. That's why they are not appearing in the media, imo. 

I was using the word 'embarrassed' in the context of them being legally compromised, as opposed to feeling ashamed or ridiculed. With the McCann's rhino skin, I would think it a physical impossibility for them to feel embarrassment in the context you are referring to. big grin

Realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist on 01.05.16 20:02

@haroldd2 wrote:

Maybe not just future ones. I hope some donors will ask for their money back and consider suing if they don't get it. They would be quite entitled to cite the outcome of the Portuguese appeal.
What would the outcome  of the Portuguese appeal have to do with anyone who has contributed to the McCann's donation fund???

The Portuguese trial and appeal was about the right to freedom of expression, not fraudulent misrepresentation vis a vis the fund any donors had contributed to.

Realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 01.05.16 20:10

I would like the entire country to sue them for making us all unwilling participants in their personal Groundhog Day.

Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist on 01.05.16 20:13

Come on, Mirage, show a bit of compassion, after all, they've given an awful lot of people a raison d'etre, or put colloquially, a life. big grin

Realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 01.05.16 20:38

Nope, can't squeeze out a smidgeon of compassion, Realist.
Gerald P McCann's omnipresence as the pantomime villain of real life was never an existential choice. nah

Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist on 01.05.16 20:44

But yer've gotta admit, he's kept an awful lot of people entertained over a prolonged period of time. Who else was going to take the place of Saddam Hussein, who else were the tabloids going to portray as the person everyone loves to hate.

Realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory on 02.05.16 1:00

Things must be well & truly desperate if the Rothley Two daren't appear on Lorraine out of fear. 
For goodness sake, her previous interviews were like being mauled by a dead sheep - as Denis Healey would have said big grin
Rogue-a-Tory

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
McCanns apt & hire car

Blood and cadaver alerts
dismissed by UK Government

Retired DCI Gonçalo Amaral: "The English can always present the conclusions to which they themselves arrived in 2007. Because they know, they have the evidence of what happened - they don't need to investigate anything. All this is now a mere 'show off'."

Retired murder DCI Colin Sutton: "I would also like to make the point that Operation Grange was so restricted from the start as to be destined to fail."

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley made public on national TV that Operation Grange is a complete fraud.

Ex-DCI Andy Redwood had a "revelation moment" on BBC's Crimewatch on 14th October 2013 when he announced that Operation Grange had eliminated the Tanner sighting - which opened up the 'window of opportunity', in accordance with their remit, to allow the fake abduction to happen.

Despite "irrelevant behaviour" from blood and cadaver dogs in the McCann's apartment, on Kate McCann's clothes, and in the car they hired three weeks after Maddie disappeared, Ex-Chief Inspector, Ian Horrocks, said: "The thought that Kate and Gerry McCann had anything to do with the death of their daughter is frankly preposterous."

Gerry McCann called for example to be made of 'trolls'. SKY News reporter Martin Brunt doorstepped Brenda Leyland on 2 October 2014. She was then found dead in a Leicester hotel room. Brenda paid the price. She paid with her life.

Ex-Deputy Chief Constable, Jim Gamble QPM, congratulated SKY reporter, Martin Brunt, on twitter for doorstepping Brenda Leyland on behalf of Gerry McCann.

Prime Minister Theresa May introduces Prime Suspect Kate McCann to Royalty: The Duchess of Gloucester.

Good Cop Down: The reality of being a police whistleblower
https://goodcopdown.wordpress.com/