The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Madeleine McCann parents still under investigation in Portugal

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann parents still under investigation in Portugal

Post by MayMuse on 27.04.16 21:15

Thank you for the translation... Interesting that it will remain open until 2027. So if understood correctly , there is still 'work' that could be done?

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 27.04.16 21:19

@Mirage wrote:
@sami wrote:Was there a woman called Helen Monteiro appointed to head up a review ?  Was that concluded or what happened does anybody know ?

Hi Sami. I can't find any reference to Helen Monteiro after June 2013

While on the subject, I wonder what became of Nicola Wall? 

In other news, the people of Liverpool have had a lot to say today.

Thanks Mirage.......just whooshed like lots of other things it seems so sad

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 27.04.16 22:01

@HelenMeg wrote:
So 6 months ago there was a Portuguese investigation in process (according to sources) 
I have no issue with the fact that both Scotland Yard and the PJ have stated that there is an investigation. 

The point I'm making (and Joana as well if I've understood her aright) is that it doesn't exist in practice - to coin Richard Hall's phrase, it's a 'phantom' investigation, a dummy investigation, a pretend investigation, a non-investigation

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster on 27.04.16 22:09

It certainly does look like a whitewash now. Never thought it could happen!

The Rooster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maff2016 on 27.04.16 22:15

It is interesting to note that in the media recently it has been reported that grange is soon to be finished apart from one line of inquiry that involves private investigators in the UK asking for a report from the PJ. The McCann's response was they 'they fully understood and thanked the UK police for their work thus far'. Richard D Hall mentions in his video that the McCann's seem to have the habit of thanking people for not finding their daughter while also sporting big smiley faces and being nicey nicey about it all. Having three children of my own as well as three grand children my response would be somewhat more jaded, probably along the lines of 'you useless set of idiots, I demand you keep looking for her and investigating'.
When will people wake up and see that genuine parents with genuine concerns are not nicey nicey no matter who is  listening?

maff2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maff2016 on 27.04.16 22:27

@The Rooster wrote:It certainly does look like a whitewash now. Never thought it could happen!
Taking into consideration what has happened in the Hillsborough disaster, nothing is over till its over and that means what it says.
The McCann's may think they can snuggle up in bed and the fat lady might have sung her tune to them but out there are seven adults with a trail of guilt as long as next week behind them. One unexpected day, one of them is going to blow a gasket, mark my words.

maff2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 27.04.16 22:39

These are GA’s comments following on from the snippet relating to this bit of video, posted by Joana above:

Anchor - Gonçalo, do you believe things at this moment are being routed for the process to be archived here in Portugal?

Gonçalo Amaral- I have no doubts whatsoever, what was done by Scotland Yard is practically at an end. What they wanted to do was basically to, and I had said this before, was to in a certain way to give credence to the couple and remove all suspicions that existed concerning the couple. They did a reconstitution here in Portugal, not with the couple but with actors; constituted a series of arguidos that have nothing to do with the case, just for the sake of constituting arguidos; they followed a number of false leads. Now they have reached an end, after having spent a lot of money, maybe there isn't any more money to spend, maybe the British public fund does not does not support such expenditure. And it will be archived, I can't see the Judiciary Police resuming the investigation when Scotland Yard ends theirs. In the end, the process was re-opened almost only and by the Scotland Yard, and when they leave the process will be archived just like before.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/cm-special-maddie-mystery.html?m=1

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia on 27.04.16 22:48

What a waste of £12 million pounds.

petunia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 27.04.16 22:57

@jozi wrote:

Well, the Hillsborough trial has just shown as long as people keep on searching for the truth it will happen no matter how many years down the line.

Unfortunately when I read the headline I thought here we go again !!!

There were thousands of witnesses at Hillsborough.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia on 27.04.16 23:04

There was indeed Suzy and the powers that be still manages to cover it up for 27 years.

petunia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 27.04.16 23:22

@petunia wrote:Verdi,Karma has well and truly bit the McCanns on the arse with the Amaral verdict,that's good enough for me. A reminder to Kate and Gerry never go near a court room again always try settle out of court rather than in a court.
Can't argue that petunia, as a stand alone issue - they really haven't got a leg to stand on before the beak have they?  Alas, chances of them ever being dragged before a criminal court to answer questions relating to their missing daughter are but a pipe dream.  sad

Guess I should be thankful for small mercies.

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 27.04.16 23:28

@Doug D wrote:These are GA’s comments following on from the snippet relating to this bit of video, posted by Joana above:

Anchor - Gonçalo, do you believe things at this moment are being routed for the process to be archived here in Portugal?

Gonçalo Amaral- I have no doubts whatsoever, what was done by Scotland Yard is practically at an end. What they wanted to do was basically to, and I had said this before, was to in a certain way to give credence to the couple and remove all suspicions that existed concerning the couple. They did a reconstitution here in Portugal, not with the couple but with actors; constituted a series of arguidos that have nothing to do with the case, just for the sake of constituting arguidos; they followed a number of false leads. Now they have reached an end, after having spent a lot of money, maybe there isn't any more money to spend, maybe the British public fund does not does not support such expenditure. And it will be archived, I can't see the Judiciary Police resuming the investigation when Scotland Yard ends theirs. In the end, the process was re-opened almost only and by the Scotland Yard, and when they leave the process will be archived just like before.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/cm-special-maddie-mystery.html?m=1
It takes a man from Portugal, the man vilified by the UK media and the McCann machine to suss out something that is right under the nose of the great British public?

Hate to resort to the much overstated word xenophobia but it makes you wonder doesn't it?  I was rather taken aback when Scotland Yard took over the helm as quoted to be Britain's finest - if not the world's.  Such unparalleled arrogance!

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 27.04.16 23:28

@petunia wrote:What a waste of £12 million pounds.
12 million and still rising..

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 27.04.16 23:29

Better still the McCanns might consider stopping suing people altogether.

They've always been able to give their side of the story in the media, they didn't need to sue anyone at all.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 27.04.16 23:31

@maff2016 wrote:It is interesting to note that in the media recently it has been reported that grange is soon to be finished apart from one line of inquiry that involves private investigators in the UK asking for a report from the PJ. The McCann's response was they 'they fully understood and thanked the UK police for their work thus far'. Richard D Hall mentions in his video that the McCann's seem to have the habit of thanking people for not finding their daughter while also sporting big smiley faces and being nicey nicey about it all. Having three children of my own as well as three grand children my response would be somewhat more jaded, probably along the lines of 'you useless set of idiots, I demand you keep looking for her and investigating'.
When will people wake up and see that genuine parents with genuine concerns are not nicey nicey no matter who is  listening?
Kate McCann had her day - 'f****** t*****'s I think were her words when referring to Portuguese officers of the law.  Not a forum myth but indelibly printed for posterity.

What a legacy!

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 27.04.16 23:36

@suzyjohnson wrote:Better still the McCanns might consider stopping suing people altogether.

They've always been able to give their side of the story in the media, they didn't need to sue anyone at all.
But people were saying such nasty things about them weren't they - what choice did they have but to shut the nasty people up and make a nice stash of cash into the bargain?

Something tells me they won't be going down that road again with or without influential assistance.  violin

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 27.04.16 23:49

This may seem like an odd question ( or maybe not) but what proof do we have that the 12M Plus has been spent investigating the disappearance of Madeleine? 
Long have my thoughts been of ' money-laundering' as an addition to whatever else 'suspicious' is going on! 
Where does Madeleine fit in all of this now, if ever she truly did?!? 
What do OG think they have actually done for her? 

And what an utter waste of a life, and I'm speaking of Brenda Leyland...Rest her soul.

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 28.04.16 0:42

@skyrocket 
Your post is a trifle confusing but I'll try to respond best I can.

@Verdi - the point I was trying to make regarding the UK investigation is that OG have, officially at least, looked into and discounted every single one of the leads they had (bar one ongoing, we are told).

Here I question what leads (official or unofficial) you refer to.  The only information available to Operation Grange as regards Madeleine McCann's disappearance, is the 'official' investigation undertaken by the PJ.  So in effect they were going over old ground but digging up new ground and creating imaginary leads by concentrating on every tom dick and harry that happened to be somewhere on the Algarve between the years 1953 and 2011 - ignoring every important factor within the PJ files e.g. the dogs leads (pun intended).

Strange way of getting to the crux of the matter but in effect that is what they have done, working from the outside in.

I don't believe they worked from the outside in or the inside out.  By all intents and purposes, Operation range is nothing but a charade - as Mr. Amaral has just reportedly said, to exonerate the parents McCann from all culpability for the loss of their child.

So yes, Snr Amaral and the PJ reached a similar conclusion very early on but they certainly couldn't state at that stage that every other line of inquiry had been investigated and found to be fruitless.

If by 'similar conclusion' you are referring to the absence of any evidence to indicate abduction, then I ask that you explain where, when and how the Operation Grange team have reached this conclusion.  I have seen nothing to suggest they have finally conceded that the abduction theory was but fabrication so can thus be eliminated.

'At that stage' (early in the investigation) the PJ did eliminate many lines of inquiry in line with customary policing which steered the investigation more towards the parents McCann.  The reason this wasn't divulged at the time was the result of Portuguese secrecy law in force at the time.

Now they can. OG must be considered to have been a success in that respect - every abduction 'lead' they had, has come to zero.

To my knowledge Operation Grange never had any abduction lead to follow - no surprising if the net result was zero.

The bizarre thing is that instead of saying 'OK - let's adjust our mindset and see where that gets us,' they are saying, 'OK - that's it then, we're never going to solve this.'

Nothing bizarre about it.  If Operation Grange were conducting a bona-fide police investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann (which incidentally they are in no position so to do - but that's another story), their first port of call would be to investigate the parents of Madeleine, relatives and their circle of friends.  Police do not adjust their mindset to suit the occasion - they follow evidence, leads and intelligence until they can build a picture and then work outwards towards a solution.

Of course they are never going to solve the case.  Firstly they have no jurisdiction to investigate the case and secondly they had a specific remit to follow the line of abduction, no abduction no crime - full stop!

The ONLY way that should be allowed is if MBM had been carried away in full sight of multiple, independent witnesses or on CCTV i.e. abduction was a FACT and not merely one possibile scenario amongst several. Jane Tanner's sighting doesn't do the job in anyone's eyes never mind those of experienced, investigative officers. It is a farce and nothing more!

Unfortunately Jane Tanner's mythical being did fool the populace, was propagated extensively by the media and Operation Grange to reinforce the McCann's abduction theory.  A farce true but only the PJ realised that from the very beginning.

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 28.04.16 0:50

@MayMuse wrote:This may seem like an odd question ( or maybe not) but what proof do we have that the 12M Plus has been spent investigating the disappearance of Madeleine? 
Long have my thoughts been of ' money-laundering' as an addition to whatever else 'suspicious' is going on! 

And what an utter waste of a life, and I'm speaking of Brenda Leyland...Rest her soul.
Do you think the Metropolitan Police are money laundering?  What an extraordinary notion - The Home Office grants money from the public purse to the Metropolitan Police to undertake an inquiry/investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, who then launder the money granted from the public purse?

Now there's a novelty - interesting to say the least.

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 28.04.16 1:34

@Verdi wrote:
@MayMuse wrote:This may seem like an odd question ( or maybe not) but what proof do we have that the 12M Plus has been spent investigating the disappearance of Madeleine? 

Do you think the Metropolitan Police are money laundering?  What an extraordinary notion - The Home Office grants money from the public purse to the Metropolitan Police to undertake an inquiry/investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, who then launder the money granted from the public purse?

Now there's a novelty - interesting to say the least.
Indeed they do, but what proof do we have it is fully spent on finding Madeleine? ( perhaps Mr Bennetts petition may shine a light) God forbid that anything untoward is happening in this 'strange case'? Do you think the Find Madeleine Fund is all it seems?  liar

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on 28.04.16 2:25

This thread started as "Parents still under investigation in Portugal".  It's now wandered off into the bushes but to bring it back to the topic for moment.  According to the recent transcript of the Amaral interview, it seems as though he is confirming that no such investigation exists.  Indeed he confirms that the PJ re-open was simply to assist the MET.  See below:

"Anchor - Gonçalo, do you believe things at this moment are being routed for the process to be archived here in Portugal?

Gonçalo Amaral - I have no doubts whatsoever, what was done by Scotland Yard is practically at an end. What they wanted to do was basically to, and I had said this before, was to in a certain way to give credence to the couple and remove all suspicions that existed concerning the couple. They did a reconstitution here in Portugal, not with the couple but with actors; constituted a series of arguidos that have nothing to do with the case, just for the sake of constituting arguidos; they followed a number of false leads. Now they have reached an end, after having spent a lot of money, maybe there isn't any more money to spend, perhaps the British public fund may not support such expenditure. And it will be archived, I can't see the Judiciary Police resuming the investigation when Scotland Yard ends theirs. In the end, the process was re-opened almost only and by the Scotland Yard, and when they leave the process will be archived just like before.
"

Amaral, like many here, has always been a firm believer in the "whitewash" theory.   And whilst it's been a botched job - with Amaral emerging victorious and his reputation intact in the courts, it does appear as though his original theory will never be followed through.
Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 28.04.16 3:59

@Bishop Brennan wrote:This thread started as "Parents still under investigation in Portugal".  It's now wandered off into the bushes but to bring it back to the topic for moment.  According to the recent transcript of the Amaral interview, it seems as though he is confirming that no such investigation exists.  Indeed he confirms that the PJ re-open was simply to assist the MET.  See below:

"Anchor - Gonçalo, do you believe things at this moment are being routed for the process to be archived here in Portugal?

Gonçalo Amaral - I have no doubts whatsoever, what was done by Scotland Yard is practically at an end. What they wanted to do was basically to, and I had said this before, was to in a certain way to give credence to the couple and remove all suspicions that existed concerning the couple. They did a reconstitution here in Portugal, not with the couple but with actors; constituted a series of arguidos that have nothing to do with the case, just for the sake of constituting arguidos; they followed a number of false leads. Now they have reached an end, after having spent a lot of money, maybe there isn't any more money to spend, perhaps the British public fund may not support such expenditure. And it will be archived, I can't see the Judiciary Police resuming the investigation when Scotland Yard ends theirs. In the end, the process was re-opened almost only and by the Scotland Yard, and when they leave the process will be archived just like before.
"

Amaral, like many here, has always been a firm believer in the "whitewash" theory.   And whilst it's been a botched job - with Amaral emerging victorious and his reputation intact in the courts, it does appear as though his original theory will never be followed through.
I hope it continues to be victorious for Amaral and he can regain some normality and enjoy life. He has stood strong, and has huge insight ... I think he had them 'pegged' from the off, and he would have nailed it if there had been no interference. His composure and dignity throughout speaks volumes, unlike some! It is very disheartening if indeed it is the 'whitewash' that most have predicted. It makes you wonder why 'investigate', why spend all that money on a review with a remit of 'abduction' that never was!? For what? No, not buying it!!!... I'd like to think that the last line of inquiry was the 'parents' however judging by the latest MSM reporting,  it's back to the 'burglar'? If so, what happens next? Red-tape procedure & a cursory signature sprawled across a bundle of papers... Case closed? Poor, poor Madeleine, justice has not been served. As for the McCanns I envisage them riding off into the sunset, you know like those old 'cowboy' films, over the hills and far away!? Cue music...

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle on 28.04.16 4:26

Do the McCanns receive money from every article that is printed about them or Maddie?  If so, the will never stop.  

It's about time the British public held demonstrations about their government wasting so much money and not seeking justice for Madeleine in favour of something else.
Estelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 28.04.16 4:33

@Estelle wrote:Do the McCanns receive money from every article that is printed about them or Maddie?  If so, the will never stop.  

It's about time the British public held demonstrations about their government wasting so much money and not seeking justice for Madeleine in favour of something else.
Im not sure if they do but it wouldn't surprise me, someone else here may know.

The Government aren't listening, SY aren't listening, MSM aren't listening. 

And no one listened to or for Madeleine either!? 

Honestly do not know what it will take for the truth to be set free; it's a complete shambles full of lies and deception! IMO

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket on 28.04.16 8:49

@Verdi - actually I don't recall asking for a response from anyone but thanks for taking the time to give your opinion on the content of my previous post, it's always appreciated. Yes, the whole OG investigation was a farce with fabricated leads, etc but the point I was trying to get across (again not clearly enough) was that OG has declared to the world that they have exhausted every single possible line of inquiry (except the only one that wasn't on the table and possibly alien abduction). IMO, the minute the OG investigation closes down is the minute all eyes, finger pointing, etc, should swing around the room and end up in the same direction as everyones on here. 
The argument for a stranger abduction almost evaporates completely with the closing of OG, irrespective of the actual truth of the investigation, because they have declared that the end is as a direct consequence of all leads having been discounted. Snr Amaral says he believes OG was set up to give the Mc's credence and to 'remove all suspicions that existed concerning the couple' - he has far greater insight and intellect than most (me included) - and I would agree with that but I don't believe that OG has actually done the Mc's any favours as the argument for abduction is now based on what? (I appreciate it wasn't based on anything before but now OG are backing that up with zero positive results from a 4/5 year full 'investigation' costing 12 million - imo, the abductor could only have been a criminal mastermind of the Bond variety i.e. fictional.)

To continue, there seems to be a lot of conflicting info and links being posted about whether the PJ had/has an independent (from OG) investigation in progress and whether the PJ investigation will cease when OG ends. Snr Amaral (@ Bishop Brennan) seems clear. I admit to being a tad confused. Snr Amaral speaks of archiving which would presumably result in a second file release. But then what?
skyrocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum