The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Operation Grange Petition closed (22/4/16) with 3,111 signatures - to be personally handed in to 10 Downing Street with a covering letter  Friday (29 April) Mm11

Operation Grange Petition closed (22/4/16) with 3,111 signatures - to be personally handed in to 10 Downing Street with a covering letter  Friday (29 April) Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Operation Grange Petition closed (22/4/16) with 3,111 signatures - to be personally handed in to 10 Downing Street with a covering letter  Friday (29 April) Mm11

Operation Grange Petition closed (22/4/16) with 3,111 signatures - to be personally handed in to 10 Downing Street with a covering letter  Friday (29 April) Regist10

Operation Grange Petition closed (22/4/16) with 3,111 signatures - to be personally handed in to 10 Downing Street with a covering letter Friday (29 April)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Operation Grange Petition closed (22/4/16) with 3,111 signatures - to be personally handed in to 10 Downing Street with a covering letter  Friday (29 April) Empty Operation Grange Petition closed (22/4/16) with 3,111 signatures - to be personally handed in to 10 Downing Street with a covering letter Friday (29 April)

Post by Tony Bennett 23.04.16 11:02

The Madeleine McCann petition - which calls for the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom to order the Home Secretary to produce a report on Operation Grange   closed last night (22 April 2016).

It achieved  3,111  signatures.

To put that in context, at the time it closed it had reached 218th position out of a total of 2,901 open petitions. Relatively few reach the target of 10,000 which would generate a guaranteed government response. Only 102 out of the 2,901 petitions on the government  ebsite have reached that target.

The PM’s petition website includes a map showing how many people signed in each of the UK’s 650 Parliamentary constituencies. On average, six people signed per constituency. There were 135 constituencies where seven or more people signed, For anyone interested, I will add a list of them below, showing how many signed in each.

The constituency with the most signatures turned out to be Lincoln, but only because of unusual activity there on the last day. In Lincoln 20 people signed yesterday and several more in the neighbouring constituency of Sleaford and North Hykeham. If you were the person who organised this late surge of signatories in Lincoln, do please get in touch with us at CMOMM and explain you you did it.      

A few ‘Thank you’s

I would like to start by thanking a number of people for their help in launching and promoting the petition, in particular:

> My four co-sponsors of the petition, three of them members here (one used to be able to launch petitions on the Prime Minister’s site oneself;  since the last election, five sponsors are necessary):

> Jill Havern for promoting the petition on the scrolling banner here, and on Facebook and Twitter

> Richard Hall for twice writing to all his many followers suggesting they might wish to sign the petition

> Lynda Greatbanks who has assiduously promoted this petition on the CMOMM Facebook group, and

> All others who have helped to promote it one way or another.

I also thank every person who took the trouble to sign it, and thereby express varying degrees of concern about this most strange of police operations, Operation Grange.

Last but not least I am very grateful to the very nice and helpful lady in the House of Commons Petition Committee, who gave me valuable help in making sure that the petition was correctly addressed to the Home Office and that it complied with certain legal requirements.

What does the petition call for?

A reminder, the basic request was: “To order the Home Office to publish a report on the Madeleine McCann inquiry”.

The preamble was:  “Enquiries by British (and Portuguese) police forces have cost around £15 million in 8 years. The public is now entitled to a full report on how that has been spent. The report should cover the role of the government, the security services & UK police forces”.

The ‘Further Details’ supplied were: “Madeleine was reported missing over 8 years ago. The Portuguese, Leicestershire, the Met & other police forces have spent huge amounts of time & money on the case, but there seems no prospect of further progress. Given the huge interest in the case, the public needs the fullest possible explanations and answers”.

So what next?

The petition is addressed to the Prime Minister, as they all are. It asks for specific action by the Home Office.

Because we did not reach 10,000 signatures, we are not entitled to a government reply.

However, I have arranged to deliver by hand (as we did once before in 2010) the petition to 10 Downing Street.

It will be delivered ar a time to be ageed with the Met Police sometime during Friday 29th April.

Along with the petition details will be a covering letter setting out in more detail why the petition was launched and what we say should happen next. Myself and my four sponsors remain of the view that after 5 years and around £14 million having been spent, there is no reasonable prospect of Operation Grange finding out anything useful about what happened to Madeleine McCann. In addition, the expenditure of time and money appears out of all proportion to the likelihood of their ever being likely to do so. Therefore, we say, the public is entitled to the fullest possible public explanation of the actions of the police, the Home Secretary and the police and, as we said in our preamble, any report should cover "the role of the government, the security services & UK police forces”.

I plan to publish our covering letter on CMOMM in due course after the petition is formally delivered on Friday.

Constituencies where seven or more signed

26 Lincoln

19 Halton (Widnes & Runcorn) )

15 Corby
15 Newcastle-upon-Tyne N
15 St. Helens South and Whiston

14 Weston-super-Mare
14 North Down (N. Ireland)
14 Glasgow South-West

13 Harlow
13 Lanark E and Hamilton
13 Knowsley (Lancashire)
13 St. Helens N

12 Sherwood (Notts)
12 Bolsover (Derbyshire)
12 Meriden
12 Milton Keynes South
12 Wigan (Lancashire)
12 Sleaford and North Hykeham

11 Sutton Coldfield (Warwickshire)
11 South Shields
11 West Suffolk
11 Liverpool West Derby
11 Liverpool Riverside
11 Birkenhead

10 Oldham E and Saddleworth
10 N. Ayrshire and Arran
10 Bournemouth East

10 Leeds East
10 Clacton
10 South Swindon

10 Braintree (Essex)
10 West Bromwich East
10 Wythenshaw and Sale East (Cheshire)
10 Eddisbury (Cheshire)
10 Scarborough & Whitby
10 Livingston
10 Shipley (Yorkshire)
10 South East Cornwall
10 Mansfield
10 North Tyneside
10 Bootle (Lancashire)

9 Wellingborough 
9 Bolton West
9 Caerphilly
9 Cardiff South & Penarth

9 Warrington South (Cheshire)
9 Chippenham  
9 Dover
9 Jarrow
9 Poole
9 Paisley and Renfrewshire South
9 Airdrie and Shotts
9 Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath
9 Blaydon
9 Warrington North
9 Cleethorpes (Lincolnshire)
9 Rochford and Southend East
9 Merthyr Tydfil and Rhymney
9 Hemsworth
9 Kingston-upon-Hill North 

8 Central Devon
8 Glasgow East
8 Edinburgh East
8 Gateshead
8 Washington and Sunderland West
8 Easington
8 Garston and Halewood
8 Leigh (Lancashire)
8 Colne Valley (Lancashire)
8 Morley and Outwood (Yorkshire)
8 Doncaster North (Yorkshire)
8 Kingston-upon-Hull East (Yorkshire)
8 Great Grimsby
8 Weaver Vale (Cheshire)
8 Sheffield Heeley
8 Nottingham South
8 Loughborough
8 Rutland and Melton
8 Wyre Forest
8 Blaenau Gwent
8 Carshalton and Wallington
8 Sutton and Cheam
8 South Thanet
8 Worthing
8 Southampton, Test
8 Bognor Regis and Littlehampton
8 Hastings and Rye
8 Sittingbourne and Sheppey
8 Epsom and Ewell (Surrey)
8 Upper Bann (N. Ireland)
8 North Durham
8 Southport
8 Inverclyde
8 Bournemouth West 

7 Isle of Wight
7 Gosport (Hampshire)
7 Croydon Central
7 Islwyn
7 East Kilbride, Strathaven and Lesmahagow
7 Ruthergle and Hamilton West
7 Carlisle
7 Copeland
7 Blackpool North and Cleveleys
7 Burnley
7 Heywood and Middleton (Lancashire)
7 Ashton-under-Lyne
7 Batley and Spen (Yorkshire)
7 Selby and Ainstey (Yorkshire)
7 Don Valley (Yorkshire)
7 Bassetlaw (Nottinghamshire)
7 Kingston-upon-Hull West and Hessle (Yorkshire)
7 Anglesey (Ynys Mon)
7 Delyn (Wales)
7 Shrewsbury and Atcham
7 Wirral West (Cheshire)
7 Macclesfield (Cheshire)
7 Nuneaton
7 Harborough (Leicestershire)
7 North Norfolk
7 Aberavon
7 Hartlepool
7 Cumbernauld, Kilayth and Kirkintilloch East
7 Linlithgow and East Falkirk
7 Welwyn Hatfield
7 Rutherglen and Hamilton West
7 Stevenage
7 Altrincham West and Sale
7 Stafford
7 Burton-upon-Trent.
7 South Derbyshire
7 Banbury (Oxfordshire)
7 Wyre and Preston North
7 Gainsborough
7 North West Cambridgeshire
7 Harwich and North Essex

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Operation Grange Petition closed (22/4/16) with 3,111 signatures - to be personally handed in to 10 Downing Street with a covering letter  Friday (29 April) Empty Re: Operation Grange Petition closed (22/4/16) with 3,111 signatures - to be personally handed in to 10 Downing Street with a covering letter Friday (29 April)

Post by jeanmonroe 23.04.16 14:45

Thankyou again TB.

The UK's GA!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Operation Grange Petition closed (22/4/16) with 3,111 signatures - to be personally handed in to 10 Downing Street with a covering letter  Friday (29 April) Empty Re: Operation Grange Petition closed (22/4/16) with 3,111 signatures - to be personally handed in to 10 Downing Street with a covering letter Friday (29 April)

Post by Verdi 24.04.16 0:19

thumbsup  howdy !

I really can't understand why more people didn't rally to sign this petition.  It's public money - our money and I think we have a right to know how and why such an exorbitant sum has been wasted spent on a single case of a missing child, a seemingly futile exercise. 

It's not even as though Madeleine's disappearance falls within UK jurisdiction, in itself a strong indication that Operation Grange is a total farce.  Surely they must explain at some stage in the future - even if only by fabrication.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42323

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 28.04.16 23:23

Ladyinred wrote:@TB, good luck tomorrow.

Wonder if there will be any media coverage?
I don't think so.

I've not put out any media statement.

I have tweeted the results of the petition and people know from posts on CMOMM that I'll be at Downing Street tomorrow. That's all.

If we'd got 100,000, or even 10,000 signatures, it might be different.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 28.04.16 23:34

Tony Bennett wrote:

I don't think so.

I have tweeted the results of the petition and people know from posts on CMOMM that I'll be at Downing Street tomorrow. That's all.

Tony, all the best with this. I signed.

I signed it on behalf of Madeleine McCann who has been exploited.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.04.16 23:41

Tony Bennett wrote:

I don't think so.

The monitors might alert the rags that there are evil trolls in Downing St.  winkwink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 29.04.16 0:02

Tony Bennett wrote:

I don't think so.

thumbsup   Tread carefully - there there be dragons!  I wish you well howdy .  Who knows a certain person might be there with video cameraman - you could be the star of the untold story.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42323

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 29.04.16 12:53

As always Tony, utmost respect.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophiebubbles 29.04.16 13:56

Mr Tony Bennett   -  Well done and thank you again for working tirelessly..........appreciated
Sophiebubbles

Activity : 165

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top