The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register please do NOT use your email address as a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Appeal in favour of Mr Goncalo Amaral

Post by willowthewisp on 19.04.16 16:18

Get'emGonçalo wrote:
@Bishop Brennan wrote:Looks like confirmations are starting to come out.  This in the Daily Mail online:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3547951/Portuguese-detective-WINS-appeal-against-libel-defeat-Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-NOT-pay-500-000-damages.html

big grin

The spin for the new appeal begins right away:

"The McCanns announced after the (original) verdict they would plough 'every penny' of the payout into the hunt for their daughter, three when she vanished on May 3 2007.

Amaral's appeal thwarted their hopes of spending the money."
 Just aswell the Government have ploughed more than £12million pound into the search then, really, isn't it?
Hope you are feeling ok DCI Nichola Wall,after an understudy has to make any "Official Announcements" as to the possible well being of Madeleine McCann, after accepting(poisoned chalice) the case of Lead Investigating Officer, after DCI Andy Redwood and accomplace SIO Hamish Campbell had absconded from Belgravia Police HQ pretty sharpish,shortly after the 22 December 2014,is this the way to Amarillo?
willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by lj on 19.04.16 16:29

@MayMuse wrote:I agree, but not with the "counter-appeal" if that is what it is called... I do not now think that the McCanns have it in them to do so, or that it would be allowed. Otherwise this "vicious circle" will just be another merry-go-round like the search for their "missing" daughter. It can not go on forever!
Oh the McCanns have it in them. As BishopBrennan said, narcissists don't accept defeat. Plus they are fighting for their life while every day it becomes more clear nobody believes them, OK SY maybe.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire25 on 19.04.16 16:29

Brilliant! Is it possible/likely for a McCann appeal to be refused considering all three judges ruled in favour of GA.

What effect may this have going forward now, will it affect how the UK media reports things?

Claire25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 19.04.16 16:32

I would like to add my congratulations and best wishes to Dr Amaral.

I hope this is an end to an ugly chapter in your life and marks the start of a happy and peaceful time you so thoroughly deserve.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaineg on 19.04.16 16:34

this is brilliant news, a long time coming but the right decision, well done Sir. clapping

Elaineg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 19.04.16 16:37

4.37pm today, and the BBC can't find room for even one line about this news yet on its website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

The internet is well ahead once again

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 19.04.16 16:51

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by poppydog on 19.04.16 18:06

I haven't posted much over the years but always pop in and catch up (could never remember my password). I am just so delighted to read about this verdict. Well done everyone involved. Please, let this bring resolution to the entire farce finally.   nod
poppydog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 19.04.16 18:15

Apparently they're going to appeal.
Jill Havern

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc on 19.04.16 18:24

Get'emGonçalo wrote:Apparently they're going to appeal.

Expert needed but I did read today it may not be accepted if they did appeal so it may not produce a lengthy delay.
whatsupdoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 19.04.16 18:27

Well done Dr Amaral.

It is all well and good SY claiming there is still a chance that Maddie is alive and findable, however, for Maddie to be alive and findable, they have to first find evidence that she was abducted as claimed.

After almost nine years, there is yet to be any actual evidence of an abduction by a stranger, let alone a paedophile stranger.

Forensic evidence that points to an abduction, or at least the possibility  of an abduction would lend credence to the claims that Maddie could still be alive.

Instead we have ample evidence that Maddie died sometime during the week of the vacation and not on the Thursday as touted, simply because of the amount of time needed for cadaverine to be produced and for the apartment to be almost forensically cleaned, as well as removal of the body.

People have claimed that there is no way they could behave normally after the death of their daughter accidental or otherwise.
People are comparing the mccanns to how they themselves would behave.

There are numerous cases where the killer has carried on life as normal, even  directly after they did the killing.
If they can kill someone deliberately out of hate, anger etc, then they would be relieved the source of their hatred and anger is gone and would be perfectly capable of carrying on with life as normal.
In some cases they are so glad the source of their hatred is gone, people comment on how much they have changed, they are happier, more vocal, they blossom, just as kate did, almost as if a weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

Since there is not one atom of evidence to indicate an abduction and plenty to show a death in the apartment, on kates clothes, the child red t shirt, cuddlecat and the hire car, the police have to assume that Maddie is long dead and start an investigation based on said evidence which points straight at the mccanns and their chums.

I wonder if kate smashed any furniture and got more bruises on her wrists and upper arms.

The atmosphere in the mccann household is going to be toxic, they have hundreds of thousands of pounds  of costs to pay for their own attorneys and then the same for Dr. Amaral costs.
There may then be penalties to pay as compensation especially if Dr Amaral sues them.

I expect their will be frantic juggling of money in accounts and much ring fencing of assets.

I am also concerned as to kate's state of mind in regard to the twins.

Researcher/Analyst

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 19.04.16 18:27

@whatsupdoc wrote:
Get'emGonçalo wrote:Apparently they're going to appeal.

Expert needed but I did read today it may not be accepted if they did appeal so it may not produce a lengthy delay.
I hope not pray2
Jill Havern

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc on 19.04.16 18:42

Doug D mentioned a lodgement stage in the Translation thread. I also think it unlikely to succeed  when 3 out of 3 Judges agreed with GA.
whatsupdoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 on 19.04.16 18:47

@Hobs wrote:
I expect their will be frantic juggling of money in accounts and much ring fencing of assets.

I am also concerned as to kate's state of mind in regard to the twins.
This!
sonic72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverspeed on 19.04.16 18:52

Just seen this on the ITV 6.30pm news.

Good news.   smilie
Silverspeed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 19.04.16 18:56

A Google translation of Correio da Manha article:

04/19/2016 15:46
Gonçalo Amaral book to pay 500,000 to McCann
At issue was the book of former inspector of the PJ.

The Lisbon Court of relationship today overturned the ruling that forced the former inspector of the Judicial Police Gonçalo Amaral to pay 500,000 euros to the couple McCann, parents of the missing child in the Algarve in 2007.

The information was advanced to the War publisher Lusa and Peace and supported by the McCanns lawyer, Isabel Duarte, who said going to appeal the sentence to the Supreme Court.

Former Inspector of Judicial Police (PJ) Gonçalo Amaral had been ordered to pay 500,000 euros in January 2015, the parents of Madeleine McCann, for damage caused by the publication of the book titled "Maddie: The Truth of the Lie".

Showing translation for In the book, the former PJ inspector raised suspicions of the child's parents being involved in the abduction. The Lisbon Court of Relationship yet absolved War and Peace Editors, Valentim de Carvalho Movies and TVI, and judged totally dismissed the action brought by the McCanns, considering it unproven. The ratio of Lisbon recognized the Gonçalo Amaral constitutional right to express their views and also annulled the marketing ban the book, which resulted from the judgment of the first instance.

Translate instead In the book, the former inspector PJ raised suspicions of the child's parents being involved in the abduction. The Lisbon Court of Relationship yet absolved War and Peace Editors, Valentim de Carvalho Movies and TVI, and judged totally dismissed the action brought by the McCanns, considering it unproven. The ratio of Lisbon recognized the Gonçalo Amaral constitutional right to express their views and also annulled the marketing ban the book, which resulted from the judgment of the first instance.

In the book, the former PJ inspector raised suspicions of the child's parents being involved in the abduction.
The Lisbon Court of Relationship yet absolved War and Peace Editors, Valentim de Carvalho Movies and TVI, and judged totally dismissed the action brought by the McCanns, considering it unproven.
The ratio of Lisbon recognized the Gonçalo Amaral constitutional right to express their views and also annulled the marketing ban the book, which resulted from the judgment of the first instance.

The War and Peace Editors have welcomed the decision of the Lisbon and announced that he will return next week, to bookstores, the book "The Truth of the Lie" the former inspector of the PJ.
In January 2015, the civil court condemned Gonçalo Amaral "to pay to each" of the couple McCann and Kate McCann Gearald, "the compensatory amount of 250,000.00 (two hundred and fifty thousand euros), plus default interest, the statutory rate of civil interest, since January 5, 2010, until full payment. "
In addition to this payment, the court also ordered the ban on the sale and new editions of the book, even prohibiting new editions of the DVD, as well as the transaction of copyright of the book and DVD.
The court had already given as evidence that the book of former inspector Gonçalo Amaral PJ caused damages to the parents of Madeleine McCann.

The defense of the parents of the missing child claimed that the book was given as ready three days after the attorney of Portimão Republic, Magalhães Menezes, have drafted the order for closure of the case against the McCanns dated notification of July 29 2008.

For the preparation of the book, in which the former coordinator of the Criminal Investigation Department of the PJ of Portimão Gonçalo Amaral defended the thesis that Madeleine's parents were involved in the disappearance and concealment of the child's body, the lawyer of the British family, Isabel Duarte, maintained that the author used unauthorized and prohibited pleadings.

Madeleine McCann disappeared in May 2007, when he was four years in the tourist village of Aldeia da Luz, close to Portimão, where the family was on vacation.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 19.04.16 19:00

"The War and Peace Editors have welcomed the decision of the Lisbon and announced that he will return next week, to bookstores, the book "The Truth of the Lie" the former inspector of the PJ".

Does the above mean that the Truth of the Lie book will be back on sale, next week? spin

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 19.04.16 19:01

I am abso-lute-ly bloody over the moon. It has made my day, my week, my year.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 19.04.16 19:01

@Mirage wrote:I am abso-lute-ly bloody over the moon. It has made my day, my week, my year.
Mirage, I am trying my hardest to compose myself grouphug

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.04.16 19:09

What uplifting news!  Best wishes to Goncalo Amaral.

And I thought all the rubbish in the rags recently was related to the anniversary... they knew.

Good to see some long-term members who've been away posting today.   thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 19.04.16 19:21

Delighted to hear it on the R4 7pm news.
Of course the peroration was that the McCs will re-appeal.
What does that mean for the book release?

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JackieL on 19.04.16 19:44

Another old timer who's not posted recently, but always kept up to date with this story - coming up to 9 years.  Congratulations to Goncalo Amaral.  Delighted to hear some good news after all this time. clapping clapping spin

JackieL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 19.04.16 19:52

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 19.04.16 19:57

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 2 min
Supreme Court ruling would be "several months" away in which time Amaral is free to re-publish #mccann book, says lawyer

Jerry Lawton ‏
[ltr]@JerryLawton[/ltr]
  10 min
Publishers say Goncalo Amaral's book could hit the shelves again as early as next week after libel win #mccann

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum