The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Reality Star David Gest Found Dead In Hotel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reality Star David Gest Found Dead In Hotel

Post by Spacecowboy on 12.04.16 18:46

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/reality-tv-star-david-gest-dies-aged-62-150446749.html

Reality TV star and music producer David Gest has been found dead in a luxury hotel in Canary Wharf.
Police have confirmed they were called to the Four Seasons hotel on Tuesday morning after the 62-year-old's body was found in one of the rooms.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "A post-mortem will be held in due course. Next of kin are in the process of being informed."
He's described the death as "non-suspicious".
The former Celebrity Big Brother star was married to Liza Minnelli from 2002-2003, but they only officially divorced in 2007.
He was also known for being a close friend of the late Michael Jackson.
In 2001, he produced a two-hour documentary entitled Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration.
Following the pop star's death, he helped produced a tribute about Jackson's life.
The TV personality gained a following in the UK recently when he appeared on Celebrity Big Brother.
Close friend Imad Handi said in a statement: "David was truly larger than life. He was not just a huge talent and a dear friend but a showbiz icon.
"I know he will be missed by millions of fans around the world, and particularly in Britain, who came to love his charm and blistering one-liners.
"If I may steal the words of one eminent critic, David was a natural star and a genuine celebrity. I will miss him desperately."
Gest's friend and TV presenter Lizzy Cundy says she spoke to him over the weekend and had arranged to meet for lunch on Wednesday.
"I'm totally shocked," she told Sky News.
"When I got the call today, I just couldn't believe it.
"We've lost one of the most wonderful, kindest men ever."
Gest was due to go on tour again in July, with a show called David Gest Is Not Dead But Alive With Soul Tour.
The name was inspired by an incident in the Celebrity Big Brother House in January when American reality star Tiffany Pollard mistakenly believed Gest had died rather than David Bowie.
Celebrities have reacted to news of Gest's death with shock and sadness.
Coronation Street star Les Dennis said on Twitter: "David Gest was a talented producer, witty man and someone I was proud to call my friend. Shocked to hear of his death."
Christopher Maloney, who spent time in the Big Brother house with Gest, tweeted his condolences, writing: "OMG just found out my great friend David Gest has sadly past away. My thoughts are with your family at this time. RIP David x".
Spacecowboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reality Star David Gest Found Dead In Hotel

Post by aquila on 12.04.16 19:53

Lots of people died today.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spacecowboy on 12.04.16 20:07

@aquila wrote:Lots of people died today.

If you're saying I have no appreciation for the other people who died today, then your wrong.

I only posted this because it's a news topic, this is the news topic section and I thought 1 or 2 people on here may be a fan of David/saddened by his death.

If anyone on here couldn't care less about David's death, let me know and I'll ask the moderators to delete this thread.
Spacecowboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 12.04.16 20:22

@Spacecowboy wrote:

If you're saying I have no appreciation for the other people who died today, then your wrong.

I only posted this because it's a news topic, this is the news topic section and I thought 1 or 2 people on here may be a fan of David/saddened by his death.

If anyone on here couldn't care less about David's death, let me know and I'll ask the moderators to delete this thread.
I meant no offence to you.

I'm fed up with the vicarious ideal that celebrities who die have more column inches in the Press deserve more emotion than what happens on a daily basis in life. It's clickbait. The nation has to mourn/give a comment on someone they don't know.

It's always sad when someone dies. I simply don't like the latest trend in the media to plump up the deaths of celebrities as if their deaths are more important and the subsequent Twitter comments from fellow colleagues. In fact I find it quite disgraceful.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spacecowboy on 12.04.16 20:35

@aquila wrote:
@Spacecowboy wrote:

I'm fed up with the vicarious ideal that celebrities who die have more column inches in the Press deserve more emotion than what happens on a daily basis in life. It's clickbait. The nation has to mourn/give a comment on someone they don't know.

It's always sad when someone dies. I simply don't like the latest trend in the media to plump up the deaths of celebrities as if their deaths are more important and the subsequent Twitter comments from fellow colleagues. In fact I find it quite disgraceful.

No worries Aquila.

I too get fed up of hearing about anyone's death whether celebrity or non celebrity. It saddens me when anyone dies and makes me want to appreciate life more than I do now.
Spacecowboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 12.04.16 20:56

@Spacecowboy wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@Spacecowboy wrote:

No worries Aquila.

I too get fed up of hearing about anyone's death whether celebrity or non celebrity. It saddens me when anyone dies and makes me want to appreciate life more than I am now.
Call it the 'Diana effect'. The media love a celeb. Then after their death there is free reign to publish a shedload of gossip about them - for the Press, the legacy is even greater and the daytime television programmes thrive on this bile.

People died today. People die everyday. When someone close to us dies it hurts. When a 'celebrity' dies it doesn't. Take this back to the Diana effect which for me was entirely manufactured.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 12.04.16 21:20

I confess I had never heard of the man.

According to the internet, he was a music producer who was mostly famous for being married to 'gay icon Liza Minnelli'. He appears to have quite a popular following.  He was also famous for being on a programme called 'I'm a Celebrity', during which he was apparently found sobbing uncontrollably and had to be removed from the programme for 'medical reasons'. It is indeed a strange world at times.   

According to the very latest news report in the Independent, a few minutes ago, the police are no longer saying that there were no suspicious circumstances and are now formally treating his death as 'unexplained'. 

A post mortem will be conducted and we may soon know more.

There could well be an inquest

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spacecowboy on 12.04.16 22:21

I thought 1 or 2 people on here may have heard of David Gest, well he clearly isn't as popular on this forum as David Bowie (I do enjoy some of his music, RIP) and Cilla Black (enjoyed watching Cilla Black on Blind Date in the 90's, RIP). I've read two threads in the news topic section about the deaths of both stars with no complaints from anyone else and rightly so in my opinion. Am I not entitled to post a thread in the news topic section about a TV stars death even if he's less popular than the aforementioned celebrities?

@ GetemGoncalo - I sent you an email asking you to delete this thread please.

Accused by one member for saying something I didn't say one day and another member having an issue with me for posting this thread the next day. My short spell on this forum has been a really enjoyable experience.

Perhaps I should quit this forum, stop researching the Madeleine McCann case and find something else to do in my spare time.

RIP David Gest and anyone else who died this week.
Spacecowboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 13.04.16 9:24

@Spacecowboy wrote:I thought 1 or 2 people on here may have heard of David Gest, well he clearly isn't as popular on this forum as David Bowie (I do enjoy some of his music, RIP) and Cilla Black (enjoyed watching Cilla Black on Blind Date in the 90's, RIP). I've read two threads in the news topic section about the deaths of both stars with no complaints from anyone else and rightly so in my opinion. Am I not entitled to post a thread in the news topic section about a TV stars death even if he's less popular than the aforementioned celebrities?

@ GetemGoncalo - I sent you an email asking you to delete this thread please.

Accused by one member for saying something I didn't say one day and another member having an issue with me for posting this thread the next day. My short spell on this forum has been a really enjoyable experience.

Perhaps I should quit this forum, stop researching the Madeleine McCann case and find something else to do in my spare time.

RIP David Gest and anyone else who died this week.
Hang in there Spacecowboy hello

I really liked David Gest, and was upset to hear he had died.  A (seemingly) lovable guy, and so very funny too! 

RIP DG

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum