The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

'Easter' quietly dropped from Easter eggs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 'Easter' quietly dropped from Easter eggs

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.03.16 10:11

This is another sign of a post-Christian, indeed anti-Christian culture that's been developing rapidly in the UK since the 1950s, and clearly in recent years this has been accelerated by vociferous claims by Muslims and humanists and other secularists that they are 'offended' in one way or another by the Christian message and by Christian traditions, as commonly expressed in our culture: Christmas, Easter etc.

But some of these traditions are merely echoes of pagan celebrations which the Roman Catholic Church appropriated and Christianised.

Easter is named after the Egyptian, Assyrian and eastern goddess Astarte, and the Easter egg thing, while being great fun for children, again arises from pagan celebrations centred around the worship of Astarte.

Christmas is merely a Christianised version of the Bacchanalian midwinter Roman festival of Saturnalia, generally associated with drunkenness and pretty wild celebrations.

The festival of Pentecost has long since morphed into Whitsuntide and now 'Spring Bank Holiday'.

Christian belief has certainly become rapidly marginalised in our country over the past 50 years - but then a Christian celebrates the birth, death and resurrection of Christ every day of the calendar, not just at times like Easter and Christmas.

Happy Easter to everyone anyway, and I hope that doesn't cause any offence to anyone

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 23.03.16 17:58

For those who are offended will they turn down their bank holiday and turn up for work?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 24.03.16 14:11

Tony I'm a Humanist but why should I be offended by Easter Eggs. That is just plain silly!

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean on 24.03.16 14:20

It's just tabloid nonsense.

Of course most people aren't offended.

I'm an atheist but, as long as they don't come banging on my door, I have no problem with anyone who has religious beliefs.
Amy Dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 24.03.16 14:31

Ditto Amy.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum