The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Mm11

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Mm11

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Regist10

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Whose pyjamas did the McCanns hold up at those June 2007 press conferences?

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Vote_lcap14%Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Vote_lcap68%Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Vote_rcap 68% 
[ 19 ]
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Vote_lcap18%Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 5 ]
 
Total Votes : 28
 

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by pauloalexandre 15.08.20 22:30

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@pauloalexandre wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
If you do agree that, surely that limits the debate to: "Were they Madeleine's or Amelie's pyjamas, and when were they bought?" 
Kate said in the press conference that they were Amelie's pyjamas. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.
I find this approach to investigating what really happened to Madeleine McCann fascinating.

I think the principle you are enunciating is this:

"If Kate said something, it must be true, unless we have overwhelming evidence to say otherwise".

On that principle, we might as well wade though all 392 pages of Kate's book, close it, and get on with the rest of our lives without wasting our time trying to solve the mystery. 
Well, I can see why you viewed my comment that way, however that's not what I implied. Kate's statement is that those were Amelie's pyjamas and I said that there was nothing in that claim which has been credibly refuted (no offense meant to Dr. Martin Roberts' analysis).

I do appreciate that Kate's claims are no more reliable than a second-hand press report of what a 2-year old Amelie said about "Maddie's jammies".

But you treat that quote as if it were the same as an official statement written/spoken and signed by a witness, like the many ones contained in the PJ files.

@Tony Bennett wrote:Meanwhile, we all eagerly await your explanation of how (according to you) a photo of Amelie's pyjamas got to the Luis Forra press agency.
Not according to me. According to the European Press Agency, the person who photographed the pyjamas shown in the press article on 10th May was Luís Forra. If this is true, and I've already contacted him on Facebook to see if he can confirm this, then the theory that Kate McCann photographed them on the morning of 3rd May has no value.

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Epa10

@Tony Bennett wrote:See if you can do better than Dr Martin Roberts
I'm sorry, this is not a competition to me, and it will never be.

The evidence is what matters - not who's the better researcher.

Let the evidence tell you what happened, instead of forcing it to suit a particular thesis.

____________________
"The shoes were black in colour and classic in style" - Jane Tanner's May 4th statement

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Posts : 809
Activity : 942
Likes received : 129
Join date : 2019-05-04

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by Tony Bennett 15.08.20 23:06

@pauloalexandre

So you agree that Luis Forra either took a photo of Amelie's pyjamas (on or before 10 May 2007), or created a photo from someone else who took a photo of Amelie's pyjamas.

Either way, who supplied him with either (a) the pyjamas or (b) the photo?,

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 16231
Activity : 23897
Likes received : 3591
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 73
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by pauloalexandre 15.08.20 23:11

@Tony Bennett wrote:@pauloalexandre

So you agree that Luis Forra either took a photo of Amelie's pyjamas (on or before 10 May 2007), or created a photo from someone else who took a photo of Amelie's pyjamas.

Either way, who supplied him with either (a) the pyjamas or (b) the photo?,
I do not know.

As I said above, I contacted him this afternoon on Facebook, asking him if he could confirm his alleged ownership of the photo and how he had access to the pyjamas, if he indeed took it. I'm now awaiting his response.

____________________
"The shoes were black in colour and classic in style" - Jane Tanner's May 4th statement

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Posts : 809
Activity : 942
Likes received : 129
Join date : 2019-05-04

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by pauloalexandre 16.08.20 0:34

@miffy8 wrote:To say 'actually' is a major faux Pas of Kate's in this instance. Precision and linguistic command is a requisite attribute and necessity of being a medic. This suggests that she is 'actually' and almost definitely telling the truth on this occasion. If they weren't Madeleine's she would have most likely have said 'almost identical to' (except for the size and the button). So familiar infact with these particular pyjamas is she that notice how she doesn't hesitate before revealing the precise location of the motif and the correct leg when holding them up facing away from her. If she was precise in this respect, her choice of the word actually is highly likely to have also been.

Kate McCann wrote:These are actually Amelie's pyjamas. They're the same, but obviously they're smaller. Uhm... the top is a pink top and it has the character Eeyore, and short sleeves. And the bottom, as you can see, are white with a small floral pattern and Eeyore again on the bottom right of the leg. So these are actually... apart from the size and the button on the back, which the Madeleine's doesn't have, these are actually the pyjamas that Madeleine was wearing when she was taken.

____________________
"The shoes were black in colour and classic in style" - Jane Tanner's May 4th statement

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Posts : 809
Activity : 942
Likes received : 129
Join date : 2019-05-04

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by Verdi 16.08.20 1:01

It's all been revealed on this thread and elsewhere on the forum.

Why question Luis Forra?  The photograph of the pyjamas is accredited to him, why look for complication with something so straightforward?

Fact is, there is nothing whatsoever to suggest that the photograph was supplied by the McCanns or a source close too.

The particular photograph was used by the PJ for their missing person bulletin, there is clearly a chain of custody which in no way includes the McCanns or a source close too.

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Origpj10

I also pointed out up-thread and gave an example, photographs obtained by a press agency not accredited to the photographer specifically state 'a family handout' -not so in the case of Luis Forra and the pyjama photograph.

The reported case was at the time a missing child, the claim was that the child had been abducted from her bed so wearing pyjamas. Following logic, the PJ would require detail of the child's attire when abducted, or even wandering off alone, for identification. Amelie's pyjamas were used and photographed for that reason.

It's so simple - where is the complication?

Why look for evidence for something that just doesn't exist?

In short...

The pyjamas photographed and accredited to Luis Forra were Amelie's pyjamas - the same pyjamas used by the McCanns during their European publicity tour.

The original photograph as shown in the PJ files shows a backcloth of dark gray/black, not blue as shown later in the PJ's missing persona bulletin.

Sometimes the simplest answer is the most logical.

This is surreal.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 20797
Activity : 27462
Likes received : 5661
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by pauloalexandre 16.08.20 1:36

@Verdi wrote:In short...

The pyjamas photographed and accredited to Luis Forra were Amelie's pyjamas - the same pyjamas used by the McCanns during their European publicity tour.

The original photograph as shown in the PJ files shows a backcloth of dark gray/black, not blue as shown later in the PJ's missing persona bulletin.
This sounds to me like the most logical scenario.

____________________
"The shoes were black in colour and classic in style" - Jane Tanner's May 4th statement

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Posts : 809
Activity : 942
Likes received : 129
Join date : 2019-05-04

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by Verdi 16.08.20 1:51

As I say, it's all detailed in this thread.

Alas, it's not what people want to hear.

It's a minor issue anyway.

The important thing is team McCann claimed Madeleine was abducted, evidence, or lack of, suggests this to be a gross falsehood.

Madeleine MCann was not abducted so the pyjamas are immaterial - excuse the pun.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 20797
Activity : 27462
Likes received : 5661
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by Verdi 16.08.20 2:04

@pauloalexandre wrote: ... I contacted him this afternoon on Facebook, asking him if he could confirm his alleged ownership of the photo and how he had access to the pyjamas, if he indeed took it. I'm now awaiting his response.

Being a fellow countryman you might well get an answer - I hope so thumbsup  !

I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't want to get involved.

Like Gonçalo Amaral, no doubt he was just doing his job - and look what happened to him.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 20797
Activity : 27462
Likes received : 5661
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by Jill Havern 16.08.20 8:41

@PeterMac wrote:in this video clip, at 1:42 Kate says, after a bit of dithering with the button and other things
"... these are ACTUALLY the pyjamas that Madeleine was wearing when she was taken . . "



And the piece of stray cotton on the bottom of the left leg is very clear.

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 3312
I posted your comment and this video clip on the cmomm facebewk group and here's some feedback:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JillHavernCompleteMysteryofMadeleineMcCann/permalink/2769556643288811/

____________________
PeterMac's FREE e-book
Gonçalo Amaral: The truth of the lie
NEW CMOMM & MMRG Blog
George Orwell, '1984': "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Posts : 20175
Activity : 32230
Likes received : 7295
Join date : 2009-11-25
Location : parallel universe

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by Tony Bennett 16.08.20 9:03

@Verdi wrote:It's all been revealed on this thread and elsewhere on the forum.

Why question Luis Forra?  The photograph of the pyjamas is accredited to him, why look for complication with something so straightforward? Fact is, there is nothing whatsoever to suggest that the photograph was supplied by the McCanns or a source close too.

Amelie's pyjamas were used...It's so simple - where is the complication?  Why look for evidence for something that just doesn't exist? The pyjamas photographed and accredited to Luis Forra were Amelie's pyjamas - the same pyjamas used by the McCanns during their European publicity tour.
@Verdi   I have tried very hard to understand your logic on this issue. Please tell me if this is correct>

1. The McCanns say that these are Amelie's pyjamas. We must therefore believe them unless there's a very good reason for not doing so.

2. You admit from the photographs (showing the same two tell-tale wisps of cotton) that the Luis Forra agency also took (or had given to them,) a photograph of Amelie's actual pyjamas.

If I have got this right so far: 


THEN...

3. It follows that at some point (whether directly or via a third party), this selfsame set of pyjamas were either passed to the Luis Forra agency OR the Luis Forra agency obtained a photo of the pyjamas which became accredited to them. (I do not know if you have a view on which of those two things you say happened? It would be helpful if you could say if you have a view one way or another).

This leaves us with several issues, e.g.:

A. The large size of the pyjamas as per the public appearances on 5 & 7 June 2007

B. Why the media did not report on 10 May that these were Amelie's pyjamas

C. Why the McCanns at no stage - even in Kate's book - mentioned that they had either (a) passed Amelie's pyjamas to the Luis Forra agency or (b) passed a photo of Amelie's pyjmas to the agency

D. Why the quality of the photo does not look like that taken by a professional agency

E. Whether the parents really would dress 2-year-old and 3-year-old sisters in exactly the same patterned pyjamas

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 16231
Activity : 23897
Likes received : 3591
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 73
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by Jill Havern 16.08.20 9:35

@Tony Bennett wrote:E. Whether the parents really would dress 2-year-old and 3-year-old sisters in exactly the same patterned pyjamas
I think they would.

However, as Sean and Amelie are twins I think they would be more likely to dress them in same patterned pyjamas...albeit it not flowered ones for Sean!

But then I don't think we saw Amelie and Madeleine dressed in same patterned day clothes,

and neither did we see Sean and Amelie wearing same patterned day clothes.

All three children seemed to have their own identities.

Except when David Payne saw them all dressed in white on 3rd May looking like angels (so how did Maddie disappear in those pink patterned jammies?)

Kate and Gerry, however, liked to dress alike as though they were twins! big grin

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Colour10

____________________
PeterMac's FREE e-book
Gonçalo Amaral: The truth of the lie
NEW CMOMM & MMRG Blog
George Orwell, '1984': "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Posts : 20175
Activity : 32230
Likes received : 7295
Join date : 2009-11-25
Location : parallel universe

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by pauloalexandre 16.08.20 11:02

1. The McCanns say that these are Amelie's pyjamas. We must therefore believe them unless there's a very good reason for not doing so.
Nobody on this thread has ever insinuated such thing. But what I said was that there's no one who's been able to refute what Kate said about those pyjamas, Martin Roberts' analysis notwithstanding.

I know Kate's statements have to be taken with a grain of salt, but that does not mean one can advance an alternative hypothesis as to everything that she says.

A. The large size of the pyjamas as per the public appearances on 5 & 7 June 2007
As Verdi said some pages ago, size is relative. As we saw from other users' comments on this thread, including @SueH, buttoned pyjamas are more in line with what younger children wear, and that's what we saw in the press conferences and the Luís Forra photo.

@Tony Bennett wrote:B. Why the media did not report on 10 May that these were Amelie's pyjamas
Why should this matter?

@Tony Bennett wrote:C. Why the McCanns at no stage - even in Kate's book - mentioned that they had either (a) passed Amelie's pyjamas to the Luis Forra agency or (b) passed a photo of Amelie's pyjmas to the agency
Again, this is irrelevant.

@Tony Bennett wrote:D. Why the quality of the photo does not look like that taken by a professional agency
I'm sorry if I'm being ignorant here... but how do you think, in your mind, that photo should have looked like? It's a close-up photo of someone's pyjamas. There's nothing artistic about that.

@Tony Bennett wrote:E. Whether the parents really would dress 2-year-old and 3-year-old sisters in exactly the same patterned pyjamas
The pyjamas had the cartoon character Eeyore, which appeals to young children like Madeleine and Amelie. It's not, in any shape or form, infeasible to think they had a similar set of pyjamas.

It happens all the time!

____________________
"The shoes were black in colour and classic in style" - Jane Tanner's May 4th statement

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Posts : 809
Activity : 942
Likes received : 129
Join date : 2019-05-04

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by pauloalexandre 16.08.20 11:13

@Verdi wrote:As I say, it's all detailed in this thread.

Alas, it's not what people want to hear.

It's a minor issue anyway.  

The important thing is team McCann claimed Madeleine was abducted, evidence, or lack of,  suggests this to be a gross falsehood.

Madeleine MCann was not abducted so the pyjamas are immaterial - excuse the pun.
I agree with this.

It has already been established, through compelling evidence, that Madeleine was not abducted, mainly due to the impossibility of such scenario and the Tapas 9 statements of what happened that evening.

Why do we need to create complications based on unfounded speculation to reinforce this conclusion?

It's choosing evidence to suit one's conclusion - and that is, quite simply, biased data collection.

____________________
"The shoes were black in colour and classic in style" - Jane Tanner's May 4th statement

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Posts : 809
Activity : 942
Likes received : 129
Join date : 2019-05-04

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by Verdi 16.08.20 13:09

in this video clip, at 1:42 Kate says, after a bit of dithering with the button and other things
"... these are ACTUALLY the pyjamas that Madeleine was wearing when she was taken . . "

As righly pointed out by Tony recently, that quote has been abbreviated.  If you listen to the video..




...so, these are actually, apart from the size and the button at the back, which Madeleine's doesn't actually have, these are actually the pyjamas that Madeleine was wearing when she was taken...
Kate McCann

As for one of the comments on the facebook page - I actually use the word actually regularly, probably about 100 times a day.  Does that make me dishonest?

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 20797
Activity : 27462
Likes received : 5661
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by pauloalexandre 16.08.20 13:20

There's one person who left a comment in the Facebook article section that Jill linked above, who said: "The word actually is unnecessary and indicates dishonesty".

This is a prime example of what happens when you apply statement analysis, without having expertise in any way, to speeches like this one - quotes are taken out of context and distorted. Pretty soon after that, people jump to conclusions, instead of interpreting what is being said.

____________________
"The shoes were black in colour and classic in style" - Jane Tanner's May 4th statement

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Posts : 809
Activity : 942
Likes received : 129
Join date : 2019-05-04

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by Verdi 16.08.20 13:31

@Tony Bennett

I've answered all of your questions over and over again throughout this thread alone, you choose not to take notice so it's pointless me again repeating past commentary - life's too short.

A three year old child is reported missing. Routine policing, the investigative force want to know what the child was wearing. For the purpose of identification in this particular case, the McCanns provided a pair of their younger daughters pyjamas, said to be the same as those worn by Madeleine when she disappeared.

The pyjamas were photographed and then entered a chain of custody, as can be seen in the PJ files and reproduced throughout this thread. Again routine policing.

That's all we need to know.

The European tour undertaken by the McCanns was clearly (actually?) an elaborate public relations exercise, orchestrated by their media manipulator, Clarence Mitchell and his contacts. The inclusion of the pyjama display was just another part of the unnecessary publicity tour of specific capital cities.

As I said up-thread, if Madeleine had been stolen the first thing the protagonist would do is destroy the evidence, in this case the clothes she was wearing - if still alive. The child certainly wouldn't be paraded around the streets of Europe for hours .. days .. weeks .. months .. years after the event.

This simple fact renders the pyjama debacle null and void. It was just a public relations exercise.

Having said that, watching Clarence Mitchell ushering the dastardly duo about Europe and North Africa is a sight to beheld. The exercise was worth it if only for entertainment value.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 20797
Activity : 27462
Likes received : 5661
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by crusader 16.08.20 14:13

Snipped from Verdi's post:

A three year old child is reported missing. Routine policing, the investigative force want to know what the child was wearing. For the purpose of identification in this particular case, the McCanns provided a pair of their younger daughters pyjamas, said to be the same as those worn by Madeleine when she disappeared.

The pyjamas were photographed and then entered a chain of custody, as can be seen in the PJ files and reproduced throughout this thread. Again routine policing.---

But, it would seem that the McCann did not provide a pair of Amalie's PJs, they provided a photo of Amalie's PJs.

It's no coincidence that the pyjama photo just happens to be on the "Information from the family" fax sent by the Leicestershire Police to the PJ.

The fax from detective Markley to the PJ shows it is a copy because it has, Public Ministry of Portimao Produced Reproduction on it.

I asked upthread, does anyone know of a photo of "Amalie's" PJs prior to 8th May.
crusader
crusader

Posts : 761
Activity : 910
Likes received : 139
Join date : 2019-03-12

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by pauloalexandre 16.08.20 14:27

@crusader wrote:But, it would seem that the McCann did not provide a pair of Amalie's PJs, they provided a photo of Amalie's PJs.
Why would they? The pyjamas were not needed then. The picture of them was, because a search for Madeleine McCann was ongoing. They needed to know what Madeleine looked like before she was reported missing.

Only later they requested a set of pyjamas from Marks & Spencers, but that was only for forensic examination.

@crusader wrote:It's no coincidence that the pyjama photo just happens to be on the "Information from the family" fax sent by the Leicestershire Police to the PJ.

The fax from detective Markley to the PJ shows it is a copy because it has, Public Ministry of Portimao Produced Reproduction on it.
I already explained this - the information from the family was the psychic vision statement, not the photo itself.

The photo was likely added in to give the police something tangible to look for in those boats.

____________________
"The shoes were black in colour and classic in style" - Jane Tanner's May 4th statement

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Posts : 809
Activity : 942
Likes received : 129
Join date : 2019-05-04

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by Mainline 16.08.20 14:31

@crusader wrote:Snipped from Verdi's post:

A three year old child is reported missing. Routine policing, the investigative force want to know what the child was wearing. For the purpose of identification in this particular case, the McCanns provided a pair of their younger daughters pyjamas, said to be the same as those worn by Madeleine when she disappeared.

The pyjamas were photographed and then entered a chain of custody, as can be seen in the PJ files and reproduced throughout this thread. Again routine policing.---

But, it would seem that the McCann did not provide a pair of Amalie's PJs, they provided a photo of Amalie's PJs.

It's no coincidence that the pyjama photo just happens to be on the "Information from the family" fax sent by the Leicestershire Police to the PJ.

The fax from detective Markley to the PJ shows it is a copy because it has, Public Ministry of Portimao Produced Reproduction on it.

I asked upthread, does anyone know of a photo of "Amalie's" PJs prior to 8th May.

No, as best I can determine the first time a representation of them was published was a facsimile on May 8th.

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 _42898509_maddiepj
Mainline
Mainline

Posts : 214
Activity : 292
Likes received : 76
Join date : 2018-10-01

https://h42a.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by miffy8 16.08.20 14:36

Those pyjamas are significant. Kate washed the top because of a tea stain. Why do we need to know that? As I've said before no busy mum washes a tea stain out of a pyjama top. If it bothered you that much you'd chuck the whole outfit in the wash and get a fresh pair out. Washing the top indicates only one pair of PJ's was brought on holiday for a child or you are attempting to wash away something else? I suggest that those pyjamas might be the last thing she wore. Children's bedtime routine is a very important established time for love, stories, hugs, security and happiness. Sadly the child is missing but the
other symbolic elements of that child parent bond remain or remained. In my view she (Kate) had no intention of parting with any of them until she decided to do so.
 A) Cuddle cat = still there B) The pink blanket that was on the bed and evidenced by a photograph=still there after the event and C)The pyjamas = still there.
This is how I see it.
miffy8
miffy8

Posts : 253
Activity : 284
Likes received : 21
Join date : 2020-06-11

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by crusader 16.08.20 14:40

I was answering verdi's post, which said

A three year old child is reported missing. Routine policing, the investigative force want to know what the child was wearing. For the purpose of identification in this particular case, the McCanns provided a pair of their younger daughters pyjamas, said to be the same as those worn by Madeleine when she disappeared.

The pyjamas were photographed and then entered a chain of custody, as can be seen in the PJ files and reproduced throughout this thread. Again routine policing.

my answere;

@crusader wrote:But, it would seem that the McCann did not provide a pair of Amalie's PJs, they provided a photo of Amalie's PJs.

@pauloalexandre wrote;The photo was likely added in to give the police something tangible to look for in those boats.

Never the less, it was a photo attributed to Kate.
crusader
crusader

Posts : 761
Activity : 910
Likes received : 139
Join date : 2019-03-12

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by Secondthoughts2 16.08.20 14:40

@Tony Bennett,
 
Thank you as ever for your reply.
I have now read the article by Martin Roberts, and I cannot say that I am convinced of his findings.  I could be wrong, but that is where I stand at this point in time.

You say that the size of the pyjamas is not really the point he was trying to get across, that you feel he laboured this too long.  If size was not the point he was making, I have to agree with you completely in this respect.

Kate McCann saying that these are actually the pyjamas Madeleine was wearing.  She made it clear before uttering those words that apart from the couple of difference, buttons etc that they were the actual pyjamas.   Granted, she could have chosen her words better perhaps, and said, ‘these are similar apart from this or that..’ but I do not think her intention was for anyone to take it that the pyjamas on show were literally the pair Madeleine was wearing when last she/her body left apartment 5A.  

I thought about how I personally would have delivered such a statement, and I would have said something much along same lines as she did – ‘Apart from the bows on the dress, this is the same dress my daughter wore to the party’
How I worded it, could equally be taken to mean that the dress in question was the dress worn by my daughter, when I simply meant, it was but for a few differences a similar dress.

I’m sure some of us too at some point in time when out shopping and wanting to show a shopping companion, an item of clothing we’d purchased at earlier time have said – come and I’ll show you the jacket that I bought last week’    I would be wanting to show my shopping companion, not the jacket I purchased last week, but a similar or identical one.

Much has been made of John McCann having said that when Kate McCann dressed Amelie in her sister’s pyjamas that the child said ‘Maddie’s jammies, where is Maddy?’ or something along those lines.

Whether true or not?  But what if it is – Doesn’t mean that Amelie was dressed in Madeleine’s Eyore Pyjamas.   Kate McCann could have dressed Amelie (during the period John McCann was out in Portugal) in a quite different pair of Madeleine’s pyjamas – the Barbie ones for talk sake?

Do we know for absolute certainty that he was referring to the Eyore pyjamas?

And I would think quite likely, and knowing what we know of Kate McCann, that during the months they spent in Portugal (4/5 months) when Amelie would be sprouting up, that she would have dressed Amelie in other items of clothing that belonged to Madeleine. 

So unless we know with absolute certainty (and perhaps there is evidence out there which I haven’t seen, which is more than possible, I don’t know the conversation he was having and in what context he spoke of the pyjamas other than that statement) that John McCann was referring to the Eyore pyjamas,  then we cannot use this as factual, and it wouldn’t hold up in court of law. 

Would be torn apart by any good defence, who would simply say he was referring to another set of pyjamas belonging to Madeleine.

What doesn’t make sense in reference to the pyjamas, and the many stories surrounding them – sizes, loose threads, colouring, date picture was taken (all relevant or not) for me is (and I believe that the McCanns disposed of Madeleine’s body) - WHY introduce the pyjamas at all in the way that they did - these ones Amelie’s etc  – WHY as I asked in a previous post – the pyjama drama?  


1.      Yes, they had to say she was wearing some type of clothing when she vanished.

2.      Story is she was asleep in bed, so pyjamas are what we would expect a child to be wearing.

3.    Why not leave Madeleine dressed in pyjamas (Eyore or any other style that they had packed for her) when removing her from the apartment?

4.     Even if she was then ‘found’ and still wearing the pyjamas as described by her parents (though most unlikely in an abduction) it would not have caused any stir.

5.     If for some reason they could not chance her being found in set pyjamas perhaps stained due to whatever caused her death (drank/overdosed on cough medicine/choked when vomiting thereafter, or whatever, or blood stained) – then why not remove them and dress her in another set? And tell police she was wearing whatever the description would be of an alternative set?

6.    Was there no other set that belonged to Madeleine?  Yes, Kate McCann said she wished Madeleine was wearing her long- sleeved Barbie ones.  But had she packed the long- sleeved Barbie ones for this holiday?

7.     If they could dispose of a body, confident it would not be found – then to dispose of a set of pyjamas would come easy to them, a simpler task!

8.     If some of the others in group were party to, in the know as to what became of Madeleine (and I have no doubt they were) then if they were involved in the little ones removal, then they could have been party too if necessary, taken the pyjamas and kept with their belongings as means of disposing. Taken them home in their suitcase.  They didn’t all hang around Portugal for months on end.

9.     IF, as suggested the Eyore set held up by Kate McCann was Madeleine’s and not Amelie’s – in what way would that assist the believability of their story? 
 
  Hidden plain sight? But why when appears simpler to dispose of?

10. If they’d said she was wearing Barbie ones, they would only have to ask the retailer from where they purchased them for a set/image for purpose of police investigation/press release.

11  No matter, if the child had been abducted in her pyjamas, then found (dead or alive) – chances of her being discovered still wearing the pyjamas as stated by McCanns, probability – zero!

12.  At the end of the day (a genuine abduction or not), McCanns could have said Madeleine was dressed in any style of pyjamas, and even if she wasn't when found, no suspicion whatsoever would have been aroused.

So WHY the pyjama drama?  Not making a lot of sense. 


In the minds of Kate and Gerry McCann, there will have been a reason for the initial stained pyjama story.


Thereafter, quite possibly, and in my view - enter Clarence  – a McCann/Mitchell collaboration part of their campaign, to create a confusing situation to cover for any slip ups re pyjamas,  which they have in some respects been pretty successful in so doing.


Bottom line for me is that – Madeleine was not abducted. 


Her parents are wholly responsible for whatever became of Madeleine.
The police worldwide know it – one reading of their police witness statements tells us this.
THEY tell us this in their many interviews and statements given.


For me, big question is the WHY they have been so protected?
Secondthoughts2
Secondthoughts2

Posts : 83
Activity : 88
Likes received : 5
Join date : 2020-08-01

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by Mainline 16.08.20 14:45

@crusader wrote:I was answering verdi's post, which said

A three year old child is reported missing. Routine policing, the investigative force want to know what the child was wearing. For the purpose of identification in this particular case, the McCanns provided a pair of their younger daughters pyjamas, said to be the same as those worn by Madeleine when she disappeared.

The pyjamas were photographed and then entered a chain of custody, as can be seen in the PJ files and reproduced throughout this thread. Again routine policing.

my answere;

@crusader wrote:But, it would seem that the McCann did not provide a pair of Amalie's PJs, they provided a photo of Amalie's PJs.

@pauloalexandre wrote;The photo was likely added in to give the police something tangible to look for in those boats.

Never the less, it was a photo attributed to Kate.

Yes, I noted that it is a facsimile, but the existence of an accurate facsimile (even lacking the button) means the accurate description of them was known to the press on the 8th, so PJ surely had photograph before that date. Or perhaps not given the charade around the pool photo.
Mainline
Mainline

Posts : 214
Activity : 292
Likes received : 76
Join date : 2018-10-01

https://h42a.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by Verdi 16.08.20 14:48

@crusader wrote:Snipped from Verdi's post:

A three year old child is reported missing. Routine policing, the investigative force want to know what the child was wearing. For the purpose of identification in this particular case, the McCanns provided a pair of their younger daughters pyjamas, said to be the same as those worn by Madeleine when she disappeared.

The pyjamas were photographed and then entered a chain of custody, as can be seen in the PJ files and reproduced throughout this thread. Again routine policing.---

But, it would seem that the McCann did not provide a pair of Amalie's PJs, they provided a photo of Amalie's PJs.

It's no coincidence that the pyjama photo just happens to be on the "Information from the family" fax sent by the Leicestershire Police to the PJ.

The fax from detective Markley to the PJ shows it is a copy because it has, Public Ministry of Portimao Produced Reproduction on it.

I asked upthread, does anyone know of a photo of "Amalie's" PJs prior to 8th May.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12555p250-dr-martin-roberts-a-nightwear-job#412882

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 20797
Activity : 27462
Likes received : 5661
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by Mainline 16.08.20 14:57

In fact the PJ knew the pyjamas' description on May 4th.

From Gerry's statement:

'At the time of her disappearance she was wearing pyjamas, the trousers were white with a floral pattern, and the short-sleeved top was predominantly pink and there was a blue and grey figure of a donkey on the front, with the inscription "Eeyore".'


From Kate's statement:


'At the time of her disappearance, she was wearing pyjamas with white bottoms with a floral pattern. The short-sleeved top, mainly pink with a blue-grey figure of a donkey bearing the inscription, "EEYORE," an inscription which is also on one of the trouser legs. The pyjamas are "Marks and Spencer" brand.'
Mainline
Mainline

Posts : 214
Activity : 292
Likes received : 76
Join date : 2018-10-01

https://h42a.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum