The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Mm11

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Mm11

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Regist10

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Whose pyjamas did the McCanns hold up at those June 2007 press conferences?

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Vote_lcap13%Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Vote_lcap70%Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 21 ]
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Vote_lcap17%Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 30

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by BlueBag 09.01.20 14:20

I agree with you - almost certainly the same pair.

However it seems quite resonable to me that the McCanns had those pair of pyjamas, said they were were like the ones Madeliene was wearing, and either the Police or some someone photographed them and they made their way into the May 10th press release.

Then the PJ got M&S to provide them with a pair more like what the McCanns said Madeliene was wearing and entered those into the records.

I really don't get the fuss about this.
BlueBag
BlueBag

Activity : 11722

Back to top Go down

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Empty Re: Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job'

Post by sar 09.01.20 14:23

winkwink
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag 09.01.20 14:37

3 days before the 10th May Press Release the description of the pyjamas was given to the press.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/may/08/topstories3.mainsection

The family, who live at Rothley in Leicestershire, said the pyjamas had white bottoms with a floral design, and a pink, short-sleeved top with a picture of the Winnie the Pooh character Eeyore. They were bought from M&S last year.
Then pictures appear.

I have no reason to think anything unusual is going here if the McCanns were in pocession of similar pyjamas... AND... M&S provided the actual similar ones later (without the button up).

This stacks up to me.
BlueBag
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 09.01.20 14:46

Whoa! I haven't for one moment said, nor even suggested, that the pyjamas photographed and given to the PJ aren't one and the same as the pair the McCanns hawked around Europe during their extravagant publicity stunt.

As for trying to silence the subject - no way. I don't care if it continues or not, I'm merely exercising my right to express an opinion.

In my view the subject is unimportant and thus leads nowhere.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Activity : 29567

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 09.01.20 14:49

What I was trying to say in an earlier post (Not very clearly) was:
Photographs had been published on the 8th May on the BBC news online & in the Algarve Resident newspaper, of a pair of pajamas more like the ones the Mccann's said Madeleine was wearing when she was abducted.

Why, when there was already a photograph of a pair of pajamas  more like the ones the Mccann's said Madeleine was wearing when she was abducted, were the Mccann's still holding up a pair of Amalie's pajamas on 5th 6th & 7th June.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 1272

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag 09.01.20 14:55

@crusader wrote:What I was trying to say in an earlier post (Not very clearly) was:
Photographs had been published on the 8th May on the BBC news online & in the Algarve Resident newspaper, of a pair of pajamas more like the ones the Mccann's said Madeleine was wearing when she was abducted.

Why, when there was already a photograph of a pair of pajamas  more like the ones the Mccann's said Madeleine was wearing when she was abducted, were the Mccann's still holding up a pair of Amalie's pajamas on 5th 6th & 7th June.
I don't think photos were published on the 8th.

There was criticism of the PJ on the 8th (see my above post) for not publishing photos or description of what Madeleine was wearing.

On the 8th a description was given out.

Someone then may have gone to M&S or got on the website to get a photo similar to the description.

Then on the 10th the other pictures appeared of what the McCanns had in their pocession.

And again.. this all stacks up.
BlueBag
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 09.01.20 15:21

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 09.01.20 15:42

Just to be clear, there WERE photo's published on 8th May BBC news online with the words: A set of Pajamas identical to the ones Madeleine was wearing.

The same Photo was published in the Algarve resident on 8th May with the words: M&S in UK kindly sent us a photo of the same pajamas Madeleine Mccann was wearing on the night of her disappearance.

I've just checked, it's still there.

I agree, It matters not a jot what the Mccann's were hawking about
Europe, It proves nothing.

I'm not trying to score points here, I'm not a clever person' but if a subject comes up and I've read about it in the past, I comment.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 09.01.20 15:44

Duplicate post deleted. Mod
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag 09.01.20 15:55

@crusader wrote:Just to be clear, there WERE photo's published on 8th May BBC news online with the words: A set of Pajamas identical to the ones Madeleine was wearing.
I don't think there were.

I checked all the news pages today.

Just the description and criticism of the PJ for not producing a picture (because the British Police would have).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6631255.stm

Unless you can find the page.
BlueBag
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag 09.01.20 15:58

OK found it.

https://www.portugalresident.com/madeleines-pyjamas/

M&S provided the pictures.

Unless Algarve resident is in on it.

Marks & Spencer in the UK kindly sent us a photograph of the same pyjamas Madeleine McCann was wearing on the night of her disappearance.

It all still stacks up.
BlueBag
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 09.01.20 16:01

Thank goodness for that, I thought I was going mad. You have the right BBC website, but the wrong day, you have 7th it was on there on the 8th.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag 09.01.20 16:05

@crusader wrote:Thank goodness for that, I thought I was going mad. You have the right BBC website, but the wrong day, you have 7th it was on there on the 8th.
Either Google or the BBC have been tidying up.

There are very few news articles of any sort in Google News using a range of dates 7/05/2007 to 8/05/2007

A bit Orwellian.

But we trust 'em right?
BlueBag
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 09.01.20 16:19

@crusader wrote:if a subject comes up and I've read about it in the past, I comment.
thumbsup that's what we need.

Is it possible you can also post the links please?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Activity : 33526

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 09.01.20 16:23

Try this, news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6635463.stm
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 09.01.20 16:26

I'm trying my best Jill, I'm not very technically minded, brings me out in a sweat.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 09.01.20 16:52

@crusader wrote:I'm trying my best Jill, I'm not very technically minded, brings me out in a sweat.
empathy  big grin

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Activity : 33526

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 09.01.20 17:42

• Skip to main content
  • Low Graphics
  • Access keys help

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Bbc Home
Explore the BBC
Low graphics|Accessibility help
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Bbc_logo
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Video_liveBBC NEWS CHANNEL
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Services_gen News services
Your news when you want it
News Front Page
World
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 V3_map_europe_rb
Africa
Americas
Asia-Pacific
Europe
Middle East
South Asia
UK
England
Northern Ireland
Scotland
Wales
Business
Politics
Health
Education
Science & Environment
Technology
Entertainment
Also in the news
-----------------
Video and Audio
-----------------
Have Your Say
Magazine
In Pictures
Country Profiles
Special Reports
RELATED BBC SITES

• SPORT
  • WEATHER
  • CBBC NEWSROUND
  • ON THIS DAY
  • EDITORS' BLOG

Languages

• Russian
  • Turkish
  • More

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 6635463
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 O
Last Updated: Tuesday, 8 May 2007, 16:33 GMT 17:33 UK Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 O
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Dot_629
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Email E-mail this to a friend Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Print Printable version
Portugal defends Madeleine police

[table style= align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="203"]
[tr style=][td] Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 _42884963_maddy203
Madeline disappeared while her parents were at a nearby restaurant
The police investigation into missing Madeleine McCann has been defended by the Portuguese ambassador in London.
Antonio Santana Carlos said the case was of "great concern" to Portugal and asked people to trust the police.

Little information has been made public, prompting concerns the police are not doing enough.

Three-year-old Madeleine, who is from Leicestershire, disappeared from a holiday resort in the Algarve village of Praia da Luz on Thursday.

Road blocks

The police are expected to give an update on their investigation at about 1830 BST on Tuesday.

There have been reports on Portuguese state television that a man and a child matching Madeleine's description were seen driving off in a car from the town of Nelas, about 300 miles (483km) north of Praia da Luz.

The channel reported that police road blocks had been set up in the area.

Meanwhile, Manchester United footballer Cristiano Ronaldo, who is Portuguese, said he was moved by news of the little girl's disappearance.

He made an appeal for information about her whereabouts on MUTV, Manchester United's television channel.

"I appeal for anyone with information to come forward," he said.

Prayers

Earlier, Madeleine's parents Gerry and Kate made a private visit to the local church of Nossa Senhora Da Luz (Our Lady of Light) to pray for her safe return.

Clutching Madeleine's favourite soft toy and a picture of her, Mrs McCann walked with her head bowed.

The couple were accompanied by a member of staff from the Mark Warner resort where Madeleine went missing.

The McCanns have said their Catholic faith has offered them hope and strength.

[table style= align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="208"]
[tr style=][td width="5"]Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 O
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Start_quote_rb I ask you to trust the authorities... They are doing their best Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 End_quote_rb

Antonio Santana Carlos,
Portuguese ambassador

In an a interview with the BBC, Mr Carlos said that under Portuguese law there was very little information the police could disclose.

He said: "We are cooperating with Europol and Interpol and also with the British police.

"So for the police of course it is a completely open matter, but investigation is quite secretive and it has to carry on that way, due to our legal obligations that exist in Portugal."

He added: "I ask you to trust the authorities. They are doing their best. If they cannot give you more information, it's because they can't."

Police said they had widened their search to nine miles (15km) from Praia da Luz and are working with UK and other forces, taking witness statements and making inquiries into whether paedophile rings operate in the area.

Map of resort

Dave Shelton from Manchester, who now lives in the village, has been working with the police to co-ordinate volunteer searchers.

He told BBC News that a group of up to 20 locals and tourists were searching an area around the village, concentrating on ruins, wells and bushes.

[table style= align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="203"]
[tr style=][td] Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 _42898161_katemccann1_ap203b
Kate McCann clutching Madeleine's favourite soft toy[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

He said: "Every morning at eight I go to see the police chief and he decides where we go and gives us our little zone, plus a map.

"We go off and do that area and then report back and tell him we have done the area so he can tick it off."

As the search continued, back in the Leicestershire village of Rothley, friends and neighbours of the McCanns are to hold a silent vigil for the family and people are being encouraged to light a candle or to tie a ribbon around railings at the war memorial.

Staff at Leicester's three hospitals also joined in prayer for the McCann family.

Madeleine's father is a consultant cardiologist at the city's Glenfield Hospital and her mother is a GP.

Pushchair

Madeleine's family have confirmed she was wearing white pyjama bottoms with a small floral design and a short-sleeved pink top with a picture of Winnie the Pooh character Eeyore when she disappeared.

[tr style=][td] Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 _42898509_maddiepj
A set of pyjamas identical to the ones Madeleine was wearing[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

She is believed to have been taken from her bed while her parents were eating at a nearby restaurant and regularly checking on her and their two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie.

Around the marina in the nearby town of Lagos, maritime police have been searching amid claims a man was seen with a small girl in the area.

And tourist Amanda Mills, 34, from Basildon, Essex said that two weeks ago she saw a man trying to steal a pushchair at the resort when Madeleine went missing.

Mrs McCann found the outside shutter and window to Madeleine's room had been opened and her daughter missing shortly before 2200 local time on Thursday.

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 _42899077_portugal_resort416x280
The complex where Madeleine disappeared

Return to top

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Email E-mail this to a friend Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Print Printable version

[/td]
[td valign="top" width="10"]Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 O[/td]
[td valign="top" width="203"]VIDEO AND AUDIO NEWS
How UK detectives would investigate a similar case
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Video_text
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Line_av
SEARCH FOR MADELEINE
LATEST STORIES
UK police 'given up on Madeleine'

New Madeleine leads 'filed away'

Officer loses McCann book appeal

McCanns' Christmas 'heartbreak'

Video targets Madeleine witnesses

McCann parents revisit Portugal

FEATURES AND ANALYSIS
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 _44902317_746dd501-db4d-4841-8a8e-09e177c1c733 Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 O Few facts
Looking beyond Portuguese police files' amazing revelations

Sifting through 30,000 pages
Questions put to Kate McCann
In pictures: Madeleine evidence
Madeleine case timeline
In pictures: Hunt for Madeleine
Profile: Gerry and Kate McCann
Profile: Robert Murat
Who are the 'tapas seven'?
WATCH/LISTEN
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 _46656920_madeleine512 Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 O Video to spread Madeleine message

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 _44606487_madeleine3_66 Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 O Madeleine McCann campaign film

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 _39294883_leicpuff66 Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 OBBC Leicester
Information and features on the BBC website for Leicester

RELATED BBC LINKS
Country profile: Portugal
RELATED INTERNET LINKS
British Embassy Lisbon
Foreign Office
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites
TOP EUROPE STORIES
Credit Suisse offices are raided

French row over Bastille parade

EU gives backing to BA alliance

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Feed| News feeds

MOST POPULAR STORIES NOW

• MOST SHARED
  • MOST READ

• BBC News
  • BBC News
  • BBC News
  • BBC News
  • BBC News
  • BBC News
  • Church 'colluded' with sex abuse bishop
  • UK rail ticket machines hit by IT glitch
  • BBC News
  • BBC News

Most popular now, in detail

[/td]
[/tr]

[tr style=][td colspan="3"]
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 OFEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 _59123716_125673327_ordos_horses_afp_144 Ghost town

Has China's housing bubble burst?
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 ODr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 _61082421_swatafo_worrall The guerilla plant

How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 ODr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 _59091876_bbcsergeilook Walking away

Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit
Most Popular Now
The most read story in Africa is: Saudi 'reprieve' in sorcery case
Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Ffffff
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

PRODUCTS & SERVICES

• E-mail news
  • Mobiles
  • Alerts
  • News feeds
  • Interactive TV
  • Podcasts

• BBC Copyright Notice
    MMIX
  • Back to top ^^

• Help
  • Privacy and cookies policy
  • News sources
  • About the BBC
  • Contact us
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 09.01.20 21:05

Here you go Crusader..

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Scree405

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6635463.stm

hat

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 09.01.20 21:11

@Verdi' thank you so much, you're a star. I did try, but I made a right hash of it. thanks
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonal 09.01.20 22:03

Comparing the photo "kindly sent" to the Portugal Resident in time to be published on 7 May with that shown on the BBC website on 8 May, we see a photo that just about looks presentable enough to be published in a catalogue (do M&S have press-ready photos of all their stock?) and a pyjama top that looks as if it were fished out of a hamper.

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Ms_eey10

Where did the BBC photo come from?

Activity : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 09.01.20 23:37

I've no idea ^^^ and I really don't think it's of any importance. Press reports are about as reliable as a 49 bus from Tooting to Clapham Junction in the rush hour.

Philomena, Gerry McCann's sister, was very active in those early days. Maybe it had something to do with her in collusion with her brother and other sources close to the family.

i don\'t know

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 10.01.20 0:05

Tony Bennett  #192

@Tony Bennett wrote:REPLY:  Nobody is saying that Luis Forra is corrupt
@Tony Bennett wrote:One option is that Luis Forra was corrupt.
@Tony Bennett wrote:But I also do not exclude the possibility that Forra was corrupt

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 10.01.20 0:13

@Tony Bennett wrote: I believe Jill has dealt with the Ian West/'muratfan' issue. Ian West had other usernames on Twitter. On one of them he said he specialised in photographing children.    

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t16534p25-the-strange-world-of-jeffrey-epstein#404519
https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12555p175-dr-martin-roberts-a-nightwear-job#412693

As I said previously, it's very important for anyone with an interest in this subject, to read (and absorb) through the entire thread and then form their own opinions.  Reading only current narrative is very misleading, it misrepresents past commentary.  A very devious tactic that the most ardent followers of this case have witnessed time and time again over the years.

@Tony Bennett wrote: Are you not one of us, @Verdi?  

@Tony Bennett,  I am not 'one of us' nor even 'one of them' nor even 'one of you'.  I read, I watch, I think independently - I'm not easily persuaded or influenced.  Because I agree or disagree with specific theory or point of view doesn't give carte blanche for anyone to compartmentalize.  How would civilization ever develop if wo/mankind all agreed with one another?

I like pigeons but I've no desire to be one.

bow3

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag 10.01.20 8:02

@Jonal wrote:Comparing the photo "kindly sent" to the Portugal Resident in time to be published on 7 May with that shown on the BBC website on 8 May, we see a photo that just about looks presentable enough to be published in a catalogue (do M&S have press-ready photos of all their stock?) and a pyjama top that looks as if it were fished out of a hamper.

Dr Martin Roberts - 'A Nightwear Job' - Page 9 Ms_eey10

Where did the BBC photo come from?
I would suggest the same place - M&S.

The pictures are almost the same, the top of the shirt, neck & sleeves haven't moved.

The bottom of the shirt has moved slightly.

Considering it was nationwide news at this point I think M&S would have made an effort to go find some stock and photograph it.

I'm not seeing anything beyond the bounds of possibility here.
BlueBag
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum