The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 Mm11

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 Mm11

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 Regist10

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 Empty Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016

Post by Tony Bennett 20.02.16 18:25

I can't rest without knowing where Maddie is, 
says Kate McCann as she reveals she still feels 'in limbo' nine years after he daughter's disappearance 

Kate McCann 'cannot rest' until she finds out what happened to Maddie

The 47-year-old said she feels 'in eternal limbo' without her daughter 

Maddie went missing at family's holiday home in Portugal in 2007 
by Joseph Curtis For Mailonline - Published: 16:24, 20 February 2016 | Updated: 17:12, 20 February 2016 

Kate McCann has revealed she feels in an ‘eternal state of limbo’ over the disappearance of her daughter Maddie and will never find peace until she finds out what happened to her. 

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 Xxxmcc10

The mother-of-three, from Leicester, and her husband Gerry have been searching for their daughter for almost 10 years after she went missing from their holiday home in Portugal in 2007. 

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 Xxxmcc10

Mrs McCann said she has learnt to cope better with the pain of not having her eldest daughter around but ‘cannot rest’ until she learns the truth. 

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 Gerry_10

Speaking to The Sun, she said: ‘All parents of missing children will say the same thing. You just can’t rest without knowing, it’s just that permanent state, often it’s like a physical thing, limbo, a feeling, just not at peace.’ 

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 Xxxmcc11

She added: ‘Gerry was always better than me from the beginning at jumping into a box and getting on with other things, focusing on other stuff. 

‘It just took me longer really, although I can do it now and sometimes I hate myself doing that, it doesn’t feel right, but I know it’s a positive thing.’ 

As previously reported, Mrs McCann revealed she and her husband 'have kept nothing' about Maddie's disappearance from her brother and sister, twins Amelie and Sean, now 11. 

She said the twins don't talk about Madeleine, whose 13th birthday is in May, as much as they did when she went missing, but still raise money at school to support the efforts to find her.

The McCanns have led an eight-year campaign to keep the search for the youngster going since she went missing while they were on holiday in Praia da Luz, Portugal.  

Mrs McCann recently thanked the public for all their support over the years which she said 'kept them going'. 

The couple have also recently launched a campaign with charity Missing People and the National Crime Agency to help find missing children or flag up when youngsters are in danger. 

As previously reported, they say they have not lost hope in finding their daughter, despite the resources put into the search being scaled back by police last year. 

Scotland Yard announced in October it was dramatically cutting the number of officers in the probe, known as Operation Grange, from 29 to four.  

The operation, launched in 2011 at the request of David Cameron, has so far cost upwards of £11m. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3456112/Kate-McCann-reveals-feels-limbo-Maddie-s-disappearance.html#ixzz40jRknkgQ

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 Empty Re: Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016

Post by pennylane 20.02.16 19:00

and I cannot rest until they're both arrested!
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 Empty Re: Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016

Post by plebgate 20.02.16 19:03

I preferred it when The Sun was only available to read behind a pay wall.

Put the wall back up PLEASE.

oops just noticed it is a DM article.    I will be asking for them to put a wall up if these stories continue.   big grin
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 20.02.16 19:05

plebgate wrote:I preferred it when The Sun was only available to read behind a pay wall.

Yes, and build it really high PLEASE!
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 20.02.16 19:08

Why are we being flooded with these 'non-stories'? What is happening somewhere else? It's as if someone has left a tap on somewhere...
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 20.02.16 19:12

pennylane wrote:
plebgate wrote:I preferred it when The Sun was only available to read behind a pay wall.

big grin

Murdoch reportedly gave Bekkie 10 million when she resigned - I thought that was the end of it, but nope here we go again.  Wonder what she gets paid these days?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 20.02.16 19:35

plebgate wrote:
pennylane wrote:

big grin

Murdoch reportedly gave Bekkie 10 million when she resigned - I thought that was the end of it, but nope here we go again.  Wonder what she gets paid these days?
 The mind boggles.

It's never the end is it. They slink off for a well paid rest, and return twice as rich and ready to get back in the saddle.  Tally Ho!
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 20.02.16 19:44

worriedmum wrote:Why are we being flooded with these 'non-stories'? What is happening somewhere else? It's as if someone has left a tap on somewhere...
Kate's recent attack of verbal diarrhea was to bury the headlines that the McCanns hired even more crooks to search for their missing child, and didn't give a stuff when warned of fraudulent charges being made.  Not the first time money donated by well meaning people to search for Maddie has been whoosh clucked.  In yet the teams they hire to protect their image have been second to none.  Go figure!
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 20.02.16 21:21

She added: ‘Gerry was always better than me from the beginning at jumping into a box and getting on with other things, focusing on other stuff.
‘It just took me longer really, although I can do it now and sometimes I hate myself doing that, it doesn’t feel right, but I know it’s a positive thing.’

Oh dear,oh dear I doubt Gerry will be happy with that little snippet.
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 20.02.16 21:39

The trouble is , every time Gerry jumped into that box nobody taped the top down and he kept jumping back out !

" I'm in limbo ...I can't rest till Madeleine is found " 

Or maybe that should read - "I'm in limbo ...  I can't rest until I tell the truth about what happened to Madeleine " ?
sandancer
sandancer

Activity : 2378

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 Empty Katie Hopkins finally says something useful

Post by maebee 21.02.16 17:46

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3457221/KATIE-HOPKINS-ll-never-know-really-happened-Maddy-parents-accept-share-blame-let-go.html

I have never been allowed to say this before.
I’ve been given all sorts of reasons — people who are normally brutally honest with me fobbing me off, arguing I am not bringing anything new to the debate
It’s been a white-out, like the silence of snow.
But seeing the faces of Gerry and Kate McCann yet again this week, promoting the Child Rescue Alert Campaign to track down missing kids, I think it's finally time to speak out.
Kate McCann says she lives in a never-ending limbo.
But I believe the truth is that Madeleine McCann is never coming home.
She is long gone. It is time to stop looking and stop imagining there is some happy ending to this sorry tale. Enough.
There is no amount of money the will right the wrongs of the past, no libel action that will cancel out the damage the McCanns inflicted on themselves.
Kate and Gerry McCann didn't deserve £11million of our cash to look for Maddie or try to resolve their consciences or salvage reputations. Others have greater need.
If you really must blame someone, then Kate and Gerry are right there in front of you. And yet, protected by some invisible force-shield I don’t understand.
Show me a family from a council estate who left their child alone to go out eating and drinking who have been lauded with such support and the protection of the state.
Last year, a father of a two year old was arrested and prosecuted after leaving his daughter in a car for two minutes whilst he ran in to a chemist to buy Calpol.

Even our British broadcaster was in on the act. A Crimewatch Special in 2013 featuring new photo-fits of Maddie’s abductor failed to acknowledge that the McCanns had been sitting on these pictures for nearly five years.
Pictures compiled by their own investigation team whose report they later hid from view when it pointed the finger of blame in a direction Gerry didn't enjoy.
They left their child in an unlocked ground-floor apartment next to two busy roads. Too self-assured to hire a babysitter and too self-centred to care.
Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 316CAD1C00000578-3457221-image-m-185_1456073135375

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 188BBAA200000578-3457221-image-a-183_1456072650689

Kate and Gerry McCann (pictured above) didn't deserve £11million of our cash to look for Maddie or try to resolve their consciences or salvage reputations. Others have greater need, writes Katie Hopkins

The McCanns put their own children in harm’s way. Those kids were in danger. Because of their parents. And as a mum I can’t look at Gerry McCann — a man his wife says can ‘switch off’ from grief — without the hairs on my arms standing on end.
Kate was no better. There were 48 police questions Kate McCann refused to answer after Maddie was gone. Surely if you wanted to find your child you would give anything, tell police everything you knew, offer anything you had?
We are not the police. We cannot pretend to know what really went on.
What happened that night will remain a mystery and someone will take the truth to their grave
But we can understand as parents how we would feel if it happened to us.
Any mother who has lost her child even for a heartbeat understands how horrifying it is.

Kate and Gerry McCann didn't deserve £11million of our cash to look for Maddie or try to resolve their consciences or salvage reputations

The prickle under the armpit, the sudden silence in a noisy shopping centre, the blind panic. Running through treacle while time stands still.
Waiting for a little face to show itself, telling her off when she reappears because you love her so much you can’t bear for her to be lost even for a second. And in that second you imagined the very worst.
When your first baby is born you join a special group of people – a group whose lives have been transformed.
That first morning in hospital you understand the enormity of your new responsibility to keep another little part of you alive. You have accepted The Fear.
Suddenly the life you knew before is transformed, filled with all the bad things that could happen to your baby. Jabs which go wrong. Death in a cot for no reason. Spots on the chest which don’t go away under glass.
You live every second with The Fear that your baby will be taken from you, or die before you and upset the natural order of life turning everything you trusted into a lie.
I still live in dread of my children’s lives being shortened, that someone might take them from me, strip away the thing I would happily hand over my own life to sustain.
I tell them to shout fire if someone grabs them. And I will never need them to get in a strangers car, no matter what they say.
Others give their children phones, hoping these will keep them safe, imagining them to be protection from predators roaming our streets looking for baby prey.
Mine sleep with the soft toy bunnies they have had since the day they were born. Not so cuddly now, mostly rags at best.
Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 316C937700000578-0-image-a-171_1456072322942

+3

Katie Hopkins says her children sleep with the soft toy bunnies they have had since the day they were born

But rags which I will keep if I live to watch my children grow old. They are keepsakes of another time, when my kids were chubby and twitchy in their cots, when they needed me more fundamentally.
For warmth and food, cuddles for tears and encouragement to be brave.
And when they leave me for families of their own, for every day I wished I didn’t have to do the school run, there will be a thousand more when I am grateful that I did, knowing I kept them safe.
But now the faces I associate with neglect are being used to promote the Child Rescue Alert campaign.
And I am sorry, but I am not buying it.
Because nothing in this story reads well to the mum in me. Or the dad if that's you.
Leaving your babies alone, too far away to see. Knowing your daughter is gone and still able to play tennis. Taking her little bed-time toy, Cuddle Cat, with the last smell of their daughter, and putting it in the wash just five days after she vanished into the night.
I speak to people who have lost parents and cannot bear to wipe messages from their answer machine because it’s something to hold on to. They keep them just to feel close.
Some even call their mothers’ phone, just to hear it ring and imagine she might there to say ‘sleep tight’ one last time.
I would put Cuddle Cat under my pillow every night to be close to the baby I lost. Not wash its memories away.
The night before she became a memory, Maddie asked her mother, ‘Why did you not come when Sean and I cried last night?
I’d ask her the same question now. How did you leave the daughter you longed to have?
Maddie wasn’t lost because someone took her. She was lost because she was left to be found
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 21.02.16 19:26

Some comments:

null, about 2 hours ago
Never thought I would say this.... But I agree with everything she says re the Maddy story
[size=12]Reply
New

[/size]

Rated

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 83_p
BARGET, SOUTH YORKSHIRE, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
Strong direct words well put together, some will cringe at them, some will be upset by them, BUT they are undeniably words to make one think in a very serious manner.
[size=12]Reply
New

[/size]

Rated

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 Dummy_148x178
Nikcalp, calpe, Spain, about 2 hours ago
I normally disagree with th is womans point of view. On this rare occasion, i whole heartedly agree with her......

imscottishenoughsaid, coventry, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
Katie once again dares to say what everyone is thinking. Thank you for such a well written article.

The peaceful poo, Southampton, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
The only thing I have ever agreed with Katie Hopkins
[size=12]Reply
New

[/size]

Rated

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 Dummy_148x178
Panamaparis222, Panama, 1 hour ago
Not the most pleasant article but it tells the truth. These children should not have been alone. 8 adults and one couldn't babysit whilst the rest were at dinner

hindsight, Little England, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
Spot on yet again Katie. I hadn't realised this whole farce had cost the tax payer £11m - unbelievable
New

Rated

Kate McCann: "I'm in limbo - and can't rest until I've found Madeleine" - Daily Mail 20 Feb 2016 49_p
scotsfem, Glasgow, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
I have never found myself agreeing with Katie Hopkins but I do with every word she has written. I would not leave my purse lying on the bed in an apartment or a hotel on holiday let alone my children.
New

Rated

Twitter, London, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
I am 100% with you Katie Hopkins.
New

Rated

Slicknic75, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
Unfortunately......True! So sad, but true!
New

Rated

eklmj, lincs, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
Spot on Katie ..if only more had the guts to say what they truly think !
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum