The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Boavista Golf Club

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boavista Golf Club

Post by HelenMeg on 10.12.15 14:48

Hi
John G,  who stored the hired car of the Mc Canns for a while...  you can see him pictured under Captains section.  Take a look.  But that's not the same man as in the
other images that have been posted of JG....... I am confused. Can anyone shed any light?

http://www.boavistaresort.pt/golf/media/pdfs/boavista-10th-anniversary-2002-2012.pdf

HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Re: Boavista Golf Club

Post by skyrocket on 10.12.15 15:32

@Helenmeg

Might be wrong myself but if you're referring to 2008, I think the reference to JG (captain that year it seems) does not correspond to any of the numbered photos shown - looks like the bloke in photo 1 is x-footballer Brian Kidd. Don't think there is a photo relating to the captain's hole in one comment for JG.

Hope that helps. yes
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereid on 10.12.15 16:56

HelenMeg wrote:Hi
John G,  who stored the hired car of the Mc Canns for a while...  you can see him pictured under Captains section.  Take a look.  But that's not the same man as in the
other images that have been posted of JG....... I am confused. Can anyone shed any light?

http://www.boavistaresort.pt/golf/media/pdfs/boavista-10th-anniversary-2002-2012.pdf

Sent you PM.

Nereid

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 10.12.15 21:00

Nereid wrote:

Sent you PM.
Thanks Nereid

HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 10.12.15 21:03

skyrocket wrote:@Helenmeg

Might be wrong myself but if you're referring to 2008, I think the reference to JG (captain that year it seems) does not correspond to any of the numbered photos shown - looks like the bloke in photo 1 is x-footballer Brian Kidd. Don't think there is a photo relating to the captain's hole in one comment for JG.

Hope that helps. yes
Hi Skyrocket - I was actually referring to the page following 2006.... not 2008

HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.12.15 20:18

OK, I might as well try a bite.

The McCanns were in block 4 when they hired the Scenic.  Block 4 has ample parking off road, so no need to store any car.

The McCanns moved to Rua 27 das Flores, with its own drive.  No need to store any car.

So why is there a need for Boa Vista?

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 11.12.15 21:13

Hi

Firstly I remember reading widely about Geraghty storing the vehicle. For instance - https://www.questia.com/newspaper/1G1-169240077/mccanns-experts-carry-out-dna-tests-on-hire-car-returned

Results of the forensic tests done for McCanns will be analysed in the coming weeks.
Since leaving Portugal earlier this month, the car was kept in the garage of the McCanns friend John Geraghty, 68, at his villa near Praia da Luz, allowing tests to be carried out before handing it back to Budget.

To try and find something relating to this in the PJ files I found: (http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/59-DA-27.htm)

- The Scenic was rented on 27 May with an additional driver, Cameron, and, at the end of August, Wright was added to the contract. It was returned to the rental offices on 23 September by an unnamed person described as six-foot, short grey hair, 60-65 years, whose signature on the delivery note is illegible.- The odometer on return was 14,443 km; it had been 3,114 at the start, so the vehicle had travelled 11,229km. [NOTE: Arithmetically, that should read 11,329km] 

Transfer of Renault Scenic
23-09-2007

Observation: Blocked for return

Pre_Rental Inspection (in English) signed by Cameron and Geraghty

Later its states:

- The return of the car to the rental agency, was done at the agency?s offices on 23-09-2007 by a Caucasian individual, who appeared there alone, speaking English, about 1.80 cm tall, with short grey hair, about 60-65 years old, who signed the delivery document for the return of the car, but whose signature is illegible.

My reason for starting this thread was that I had previously seen images apparently of John Geraghty. When I looked at the BOAVISTA Golf newsletter - the image of JG was showing someone completely different

to the images I 'd previously thought were of JG... I just wondered why there seemed to be confusion regarding the images.. my interest was provoked by a comment left on the Textusa site. I wondered if anyone could shed light on this.

HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.12.15 22:59

Firstly I remember reading widely about Geraghty storing the vehicle. For instance - https://www.questia.com/newspaper/1G1-169240077/mccanns-experts-carry-out-dna-tests-on-hire-car-returned

Results of the forensic tests done for McCanns will be analysed in the coming weeks.
Since leaving Portugal earlier this month, the car was kept in the garage of the McCanns friend John Geraghty, 68, at his villa near Praia da Luz, allowing tests to be carried out before handing it back to Budget.

To try and find something relating to this in the PJ files I found: (http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/59-DA-27.htm)

- The Scenic was rented on 27 May with an additional driver, Cameron, and, at the end of August, Wright was added to the contract. It was returned to the rental offices on 23 September by an unnamed person described as six-foot, short grey hair, 60-65 years, whose signature on the delivery note is illegible.- The odometer on return was 14,443 km; it had been 3,114 at the start, so the vehicle had travelled 11,229km. [NOTE: Arithmetically, that should read 11,329km] 

Transfer of Renault Scenic
23-09-2007

Observation: Blocked for return

Pre_Rental Inspection (in English) signed by Cameron and Geraghty

Later its states:

- The return of the car to the rental agency, was done at the agency?s offices on 23-09-2007 by a Caucasian individual, who appeared there alone, speaking English, about 1.80 cm tall, with short grey hair, about 60-65 years old, who signed the delivery document for the return of the car, but whose signature is illegible.

My reason for starting this thread was that I had previously seen images apparently of John Geraghty. When I looked at the BOAVISTA Golf newsletter - the image of JG was showing someone completely different

to the images I 'd previously thought were of JG... I just wondered why there seemed to be confusion regarding the images.. my interest was provoked by a comment left on the Textusa site. I wondered if anyone could shed light on this.
Ok, I'm still totally lost.

One idea seems to be the car was simply stored for about a month after being forensically examined, then handed back to the rental company.

A second idea seems to be John Geraghty.  Who might or might not have been there.  Who might or might not have stored the Scenic.

Please enlighten me.  What is the plot?

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 12.12.15 10:46

Who says there is a plot?

I have just asked if there is anyone who can enlighten me as to why there seems to be confusion over images of John Geraghty (the John Geraghty that was linked with Mc Canns in PdL). As discussed in thread :

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t4990p30-john-geraghty?highlight=john+geraghty

John Geraghty appeared to support the Mc Canns back in May 2007 and played golf at Boavista golf course. He is of some relevance to the case.
That is all.

HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.12.15 15:17

HelenMeg wrote:Who says there is a plot?

I have just asked if there is anyone who can enlighten me as to why there seems to be confusion over images of John Geraghty (the John Geraghty that was linked with Mc Canns in PdL). As discussed in thread :

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t4990p30-john-geraghty?highlight=john+geraghty

John Geraghty appeared to support the Mc Canns back in May 2007 and played golf at Boavista golf course. He is of some relevance to the case.
That is all.

Thanks for the clarification.

NB When I used the word 'plot' I meant in the sense of connection or story, not in any sinister manner.

Now I understand, so thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 12.12.15 22:10

No problem - in hindsight I should've stuck my question on the existing Geraghty thread rather than open a new one under the 'theories' section...!
apologies

HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 30.01.16 8:22

I Just picked this up from Facebook

CIRCLE OF FRIENDS?
ADAPTED from some information researched by 'Badger', member of the The Maddie Case Files Forum, a while ago. Please not that some of the information maybe no longer current or has changed.
GERRY McCANN plays golf at ROTHLEY PARK GOLF COURSE, where the Manager is a DANNY SPILLANE. Danny worked in Portugal and knows a chain of people known to each other, who have some connection to the McCann’s. This may be of NO significance but the McCann’s were supposed to have NO CONTACTS in Portugal.
DANNY SPILLANE 
Turning professional at 17, Danny Spillane moved from Lingdale to ROTHLEY PARK, where under the then Club Pro Peter Dolan he completed his training becoming one of the countries youngest qualified Professionals at 20 years old. Several Pro/Am successes and a County Assistants championship were won during this time.
From ROTHLEY to PORTUGAL, where a role of teaching professional at the Parque da Floresta resort was Danny’s next port of call. This role progressed to him becoming the Director of Golf overseeing the resorts £1 million turnover at the age of 24. Whilst in Portugal, Danny helped to run the Henry Cooper Charity Golf Classic and controlled a £1.5 million renovation to the course.
Danny joined ROTHLEY PARK GOLF COURSE as the Head Professional in the Spring of 2002, changing roles to Club Manager in 2009. Danny helped raise over £3,000 for the McCann’s FIND MADELEINE FUND as part of the Rothley Park Golf Club’s Centenary celebrations, completing 101 holes of golf in a day.
http://www.rothleypark.co.uk/
DANNY SPILLANE’s wife, SAMANTHA, is Director of S J EVENTS and hosted an event for a McCann campaign.
KATE & GERRY McCANN – www.findmadeleine.com 
“It was a joy to have SJ Events helping us with our event. The team were incredibly thorough, highly organised, calm and great fun to work with. What could have been a very stressful occasion was turned into an enjoyable and highly successful one. Each member of the team went above and beyond what would be expected and looked after us all so well. We are incredibly grateful to Sam and all at SJ Events and would not hesitate to recommend them to anybody wanting to hold an event for whatever cause. Truly brilliant!”
A snippet from a [removed] SUNDAY EXPRESS article mentioning GERRY playing golf at ROTHLEY
"At least once a week, usually on a Monday, Gerry plays golf at ROTHLEY PARK GOLF CLUB and then pops in for a pint at the Woodman’s Stroke pub in the village. He also takes the twins to the park. Occasionally on Sundays the whole family goes off to visit friends David and Fiona Payne eight miles away in Leicester. However, apart from their weekly walk to church, it has become very rare to see Gerry and his wife out together – not that anyone should read anything into that. Kate insists: "We are stronger than ever."
FRANK ARTHUR SHARPE (also from Leicester) has DANNY SPILLANE as a friend on his Facebook page.
FRANK SHARPE is Managing Director of GARDEUR DIRECT, Rua Direita, PRAIA DE LUZ
Here is an entry into a race run by the McCANNs (not published): Gardeur Praia da Luz £50.00 (+£14.10 giftaid) 25/3/11
FRANK signed the McCANN iPETITION as did LINDA SHARPE his wife. They have three children one of whom is a journalist for ALGARVE RESIDENT and who wrote some articles on Madeleine McCann, including one on REV.HAYNES HUBBARD.
Other friends on Facebook include ADAM BUNNEY, BOB BEASON and DEAN RICHARDS
FRANK SHARPE has LEICESTER TIGERS as his favourite team on his FB page, who likely play SALE SHARKS which BRIAN KENNEDY (double glazing) owns.
BOB BEASON also has Leicester Tigers on his FB page. He played for Tigers and was also a Director.
DEAN RICHARDS was named in the 5 day break Six Nations Golf a couple of years ago and was a director of Leicester Tigers. Known as Deano he was an ex police officer and rugby player who played for Leicester Tigers.
Sponsors for LEICESTER TIGERS include SPIRE LEICESTER HOSPITSL 
“Spire Leicester Hospital provides excellent private healthcare to patients from across the East Midlands and beyond.”
http://www.leicestertigers.com/
ADAM BUNNEY
He appears on both Bob Beason and Frank Sharpes Facebook page as friends, he and his wife are a singing duo and in the ALGARVE. On searching their web page there is a comment from JOHN GERAGHTY:
“I just want to congratulate you for providing fantastic entertainment at BOAVISTA golf club annual prize giving. As 
Captain it is important that the members feel that they have enjoyed themselves and you both made the whole event 
very special. Keep your diary open for we shall be calling again. Have a great Christmas and a working New Year”
JOHN GERAGHTY 
John Geraghty A 68-year-old businessman from Leicestershire who now lives on the outskirts of PRAIA DA LUZ. Offered to store the McCanns' hire car so that they could commission independent forensic tests.

Rothley Park Golf Club - Leicestershire
Rothley Park Golf Club is over 100 years old and has always provided a challenge in a beautiful parkland setting. The holes meander 'on and on' as…
ROTHLEYPARK.CO.UK

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 30.01.16 10:18

sharonl wrote:I Just picked this up from Facebook

CIRCLE OF FRIENDS?
ADAPTED from some information researched by 'Badger', member of the The Maddie Case Files Forum, a while ago. Please not that some of the information maybe no longer current or has changed.
GERRY McCANN plays golf at ROTHLEY PARK GOLF COURSE, where the Manager is a DANNY SPILLANE. Danny worked in Portugal and knows a chain of people known to each other, who have some connection to the McCann’s. This may be of NO significance but the McCann’s were supposed to have NO CONTACTS in Portugal.
DANNY SPILLANE 
Turning professional at 17, Danny Spillane moved from Lingdale to ROTHLEY PARK, where under the then Club Pro Peter Dolan he completed his training becoming one of the countries youngest qualified Professionals at 20 years old. Several Pro/Am successes and a County Assistants championship were won during this time.
From ROTHLEY to PORTUGAL, where a role of teaching professional at the Parque da Floresta resort was Danny’s next port of call. This role progressed to him becoming the Director of Golf overseeing the resorts £1 million turnover at the age of 24. Whilst in Portugal, Danny helped to run the Henry Cooper Charity Golf Classic and controlled a £1.5 million renovation to the course.
Danny joined ROTHLEY PARK GOLF COURSE as the Head Professional in the Spring of 2002, changing roles to Club Manager in 2009. Danny helped raise over £3,000 for the McCann’s FIND MADELEINE FUND as part of the Rothley Park Golf Club’s Centenary celebrations, completing 101 holes of golf in a day.
http://www.rothleypark.co.uk/
DANNY SPILLANE’s wife, SAMANTHA, is Director of S J EVENTS and hosted an event for a McCann campaign.
KATE & GERRY McCANN – www.findmadeleine.com 
“It was a joy to have SJ Events helping us with our event. The team were incredibly thorough, highly organised, calm and great fun to work with. What could have been a very stressful occasion was turned into an enjoyable and highly successful one. Each member of the team went above and beyond what would be expected and looked after us all so well. We are incredibly grateful to Sam and all at SJ Events and would not hesitate to recommend them to anybody wanting to hold an event for whatever cause. Truly brilliant!”
A snippet from a [removed] SUNDAY EXPRESS article mentioning GERRY playing golf at ROTHLEY
"At least once a week, usually on a Monday, Gerry plays golf at ROTHLEY PARK GOLF CLUB and then pops in for a pint at the Woodman’s Stroke pub in the village. He also takes the twins to the park. Occasionally on Sundays the whole family goes off to visit friends David and Fiona Payne eight miles away in Leicester. However, apart from their weekly walk to church, it has become very rare to see Gerry and his wife out together – not that anyone should read anything into that. Kate insists: "We are stronger than ever."
FRANK ARTHUR SHARPE (also from Leicester) has DANNY SPILLANE as a friend on his Facebook page.
FRANK SHARPE is Managing Director of GARDEUR DIRECT, Rua Direita, PRAIA DE LUZ
Here is an entry into a race run by the McCANNs (not published): Gardeur Praia da Luz £50.00 (+£14.10 giftaid) 25/3/11
FRANK signed the McCANN iPETITION as did LINDA SHARPE his wife. They have three children one of whom is a journalist for ALGARVE RESIDENT and who wrote some articles on Madeleine McCann, including one on REV.HAYNES HUBBARD.
Other friends on Facebook include ADAM BUNNEY, BOB BEASON and DEAN RICHARDS
FRANK SHARPE has LEICESTER TIGERS as his favourite team on his FB page, who likely play SALE SHARKS which BRIAN KENNEDY (double glazing) owns.
BOB BEASON also has Leicester Tigers on his FB page. He played for Tigers and was also a Director.
DEAN RICHARDS was named in the 5 day break Six Nations Golf a couple of years ago and was a director of Leicester Tigers. Known as Deano he was an ex police officer and rugby player who played for Leicester Tigers.
Sponsors for LEICESTER TIGERS include SPIRE LEICESTER HOSPITSL 
“Spire Leicester Hospital provides excellent private healthcare to patients from across the East Midlands and beyond.”
http://www.leicestertigers.com/
ADAM BUNNEY
He appears on both Bob Beason and Frank Sharpes Facebook page as friends, he and his wife are a singing duo and in the ALGARVE. On searching their web page there is a comment from JOHN GERAGHTY:
“I just want to congratulate you for providing fantastic entertainment at BOAVISTA golf club annual prize giving. As 
Captain it is important that the members feel that they have enjoyed themselves and you both made the whole event 
very special. Keep your diary open for we shall be calling again. Have a great Christmas and a working New Year”
JOHN GERAGHTY 
John Geraghty A 68-year-old businessman from Leicestershire who now lives on the outskirts of PRAIA DA LUZ. Offered to store the McCanns' hire car so that they could commission independent forensic tests.

Rothley Park Golf Club - Leicestershire
Rothley Park Golf Club is over 100 years old and has always provided a challenge in a beautiful parkland setting. The holes meander 'on and on' as…
ROTHLEYPARK.CO.UK
thanks sharonl, so implausible at best that they had no contacts in portugal??

sar

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum