The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCann DISCREPANCIES : Their statements tell  a 'story' that wasn't known...UNTIL NOW! - Page 2 Mm11

McCann DISCREPANCIES : Their statements tell  a 'story' that wasn't known...UNTIL NOW! - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCann DISCREPANCIES : Their statements tell  a 'story' that wasn't known...UNTIL NOW! - Page 2 Mm11

McCann DISCREPANCIES : Their statements tell  a 'story' that wasn't known...UNTIL NOW! - Page 2 Regist10

McCann DISCREPANCIES : Their statements tell a 'story' that wasn't known...UNTIL NOW!

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCann DISCREPANCIES : Their statements tell  a 'story' that wasn't known...UNTIL NOW! - Page 2 Empty Re: McCann DISCREPANCIES : Their statements tell a 'story' that wasn't known...UNTIL NOW!

Post by sallypelt 23.10.15 20:25

HiDeHo wrote:
BlueBag wrote:I know the case was reopened.

But is the case still open in Portugal?

The case is still ongoing in Portugal but due to Judicial Secrecy we know nothing about their findings.

There would have been a very good reason to believe the new information would help bring the case to a close so we should all have our fingers crossed.

There is always the possibility that the McCanns could have been, once again, declared arguidos, but we certainly don't know if they have been.

If that was to have happened, then the case would likely follow the same Portuguese law as before. 8 months after a declared arguido the case is shelved with two possible 3 month extensions, as was the case with the first investigation.

14 months after Robert Murat was declared arguido is when they had to either charge someone or shelve the case.

According to the Archiving dispatch, it was still unknown what the crime was so impossible to charge anyone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We are all waiting for the day that the Portuguese investigation has a conclusion as well as Scotland Yard.  Along with the decision from the appeal we have some interesting times ahead.

Unfortunately without a confession from one of those involved, or find the body, then there will be no arrests. This how the law works. They probably know EXACTLY what has happened. A few nights ago I was watching Forensic Detectives, on the TRU channel. I young girl had disappeared without trace. The detectives knew that she was last seen near tennis courts with a man, and as time went on, the police knew that he was responsible for her disappearance, and that he had in all probability, murdered her, but there could not find a body. They even knew how he had disposed of the body, but it wasn't enough to  arrest him.

However, a few years later he was arrested and jailed for another unconnected crime. Eventually, the man confessed to another inmate. Again, this wasn't enough to charge the killer with  the murder of the young girl. Eventually, the killer, after 20 years, confessed to the murder, and he confessed to how he got rid of the girl's body. But without that confession, despite them knowing all along, who the murderer was, without a body or a confession he would never have been charged with that murder.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

McCann DISCREPANCIES : Their statements tell  a 'story' that wasn't known...UNTIL NOW! - Page 2 Empty Re: McCann DISCREPANCIES : Their statements tell a 'story' that wasn't known...UNTIL NOW!

Post by HiDeHo 28.10.15 18:41

It's amazing what Kate can cram into 15 mins!

According to Gerry, they ALL walked to the tapas area at 4.45pm (after arriving in their apartment at 3pm)

The tapas welcome meeting was from 5pm - 6.30pm.

HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop 28.10.15 19:18

Great work. I hope you've sent it across to operation grange for them to compare. 
Along with all your questions etc.

I also like your videos, but struggle to watch them without narration.
(may be asking too much) but have you considered putting them all together into a loose change type documentary?
Like this - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
loopzdaloop
loopzdaloop

Activity : 481

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 28.10.15 19:35

loopzdaloop wrote:Great work. I hope you've sent it across to operation grange for them to compare. 
Along with all your questions etc.

I also like your videos, but struggle to watch them without narration.
(may be asking too much) but have you considered putting them all together into a loose change type documentary?
Like this - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's all wound down now, but they did tell me they monitor the forums and groups.

What is Loose Change all about?  I see they have huge viewing numbers?
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

McCann DISCREPANCIES : Their statements tell  a 'story' that wasn't known...UNTIL NOW! - Page 2 Empty McCann discrepancies.

Post by willowthewisp 29.10.15 12:45

Hedeho,
Interesting fact of the Jon Corner video of the McCann couple at the villa, both parents appeared to be wearing surgical gloves,Gerry,Boxes into the Renault Scenic and Kate handling washed clothes?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 29.10.15 19:54

willowthewisp wrote:Hedeho,
Interesting fact of the Jon Corner video of the McCann couple at the villa, both parents appeared to be wearing surgical gloves,Gerry,Boxes into the Renault Scenic and Kate handling washed clothes?

HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV 29.10.15 23:56

If Grange are on the straight and narrow and come up trumps, you will have been their greatest asset HiDeHo. Hats off to you    howdy
Richard IV
Richard IV

Activity : 825

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 02.11.15 11:02

Thanks Richard. 

Now, I have one 'discrepancy' that I have yet to find someone to take the time to understand it, as it is very involved but, for me this is HUGE in that it questions whether the last pic happened.

Basically....

What many people don't realise is that it is apparent the Rachael may have lied about the last time she saw Madeleine.

She claims it was at mini tennis, BUT mini tennis was on Tuesday (according to the files) so was the last time she saw Maddie on Tuesday? Was it on Thursday when Jane was playing tennis with her at the time the last picture was taken?

Was there REALLY a last pic at that time? 

Rachael was 'supposedly there...Why didn't she see Maddie?

I can take the time to explain how this all fits together, but would love to know first that there are members that are interested enough to discuss it. 

The Police knew that something was amiss with Rachael's statement as they took the time to be very specific in asking her WHICH court Madeleine (supposedly) played on...

Rachael got it wrong.. (according to tennis records)

I'm hoping that this is of interest to someone as it really questions the 'last picture' timing, and if that is the case...it's HUGE!
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 02.11.15 12:09

Hi De Ho, what a huge amount of work you have given to this case and ofcourse for us too thanks a lot .             One thing I seem to have im mind about the tennis times ,could you tell me which was the one where we were told that maddie had gone along to pick up balls where daddy had played , that looks like the picture taken with her arms full of balls ?  were other kids doing it too and ansd which day was that ? joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 02.11.15 12:24

Did we ever get to the bottom of where the tennis lessons and also the mini-tennis were actually held? It has previously been suggested that the lessons were not held at the 'Tapas' courts, but at the Millenium site. 

Similarly with the mini-tennis, I believe Maddie's club was based upstairs at the Main Reception, so did they all traipse across to the Tapas courts holding 'Sammy Snake' or whatever he was called, or did they play elsewhere?

Was mini-tennis played with sponge balls, as you would expect, or proper tennis balls as in the tennis photo? 

Definitive answers to these questions would at least go some way to clarifying ‘Tuesday’ in the bewk.

‘During Gerry’s tennis lesson, Madeleine and Ella came to the adjoining court with their Mini Club for a mini-tennis session. Jane and I stayed to watch them. It chokes me remembering how my heart soared with pride in Madeleine that morning. She was so happy and obviously enjoying herself. Standing there listening intently to Cat’s instructions, she looked so gorgeous in her little T-shirt and shorts, pink hat, ankle socks and new holiday sandals that I ran back to our apartment for my camera to record the occasion. One of my photographs is known around the
world now: a smiling Madeleine clutching armfuls of tennis balls. At the end of their session, the children had been asked to run around the court and pick up as many balls as they could. Madeleine had done really well and was very pleased with herself.’

Oh, and who was it that took the photo?
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by guest12345 02.11.15 13:31

HiDeHo wrote:
guest12345 wrote:
The tapas statements were clearly fabricated/altered to make the 'child checking rota' look plausible. I am in no doubt that no police force involved in the case believes a word of them. This is why they have not pushed for a reconstruction...why reconstruct rubbish??

I do however believe that the tapas statements will be used in court in future to help unpick the truth regarding the parenting/checking of the children, or more so....the lack of it and thus be used against the McCanns and the Tapas group to press for neglect charges.

IMO these charges are being delayed due to the PJ wanting to pursue a death by neglect claim against the parents and therefore the focus at the moment is to find a body or the get a confession from the person who killed Madeleine and removed the cadaver.

If they did go to the court for 'Memory of the future' they would have given statements over and above the ones they gave to the PJ.  We don't know whether they were asked questions or how their statements were given in court but I would guess there is more information on record in that courtroom than they would have preferred.
>>> Yes, there are the non-public files which only the PJ and OJ have seen so far. We have only seen the PI files, i.e a subset

The PJ did not pursue the 'neglect issue, probably for two reasons...

1) There is no evidence (apart from their word) that the children were left alone.  Many of us believe they claimed they left them alone because that was the only way they could claim the window of opportunity for the 'abductor'.  Without neglect, there couldn't have been an abduction.
>>> Well, they claim they left them alone but only for 15mins at a time, which was deemed 'within the bounds of good parenting', thus allowing a small window for the claimed abduction and removing any threat of neglect charges. This 'story' can be maintained if they stick tot he rota story and no body is found/confession from the guilty party (and thus blow the 15mins max time alone story out of the water).

2) I don't have the text handy at the moment but neglect in Portugual requires INTENT and there was no indication of that, so 'neglect' was not pursued.
>>> As above, at the moment, the PJ cannot prove neglect as it is the tapas 7 collectively against those questioning them. However, if a body is found or confession obtained and this is aligned to the length of time Madeleine was alone in the apartment (and as such, development of cadaver scent which was subsequently picked up by the dogs), then the intent is there and means the PJ can proceed with 'death by neglect' charges, not just neglect. If I were the PJ, that's what I would be pushing for, but you need rock solid evidenced (the cadaver or confession) before you go to court, especially if facing a team of parents who have had years to think of everything and who are accompanied by carter-ruck lawyers on tap.
guest12345

Activity : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.11.15 15:14

Doug D wrote:

Definitive answers to these questions would at least go some way to clarifying ‘Tuesday’ in the bewk.

‘During Gerry’s tennis lesson, Madeleine and Ella came to the adjoining court with their Mini Club for a mini-tennis session. Jane and I stayed to watch them. It chokes me remembering how my heart soared with pride in Madeleine that morning. She was so happy and obviously enjoying herself. Standing there listening intently to Cat’s instructions, she looked so gorgeous in her little T-shirt and shorts, pink hat, ankle socks and new holiday sandals that I ran back to our apartment for my camera to record the occasion. One of my photographs is known around the
world now: a smiling Madeleine clutching armfuls of tennis balls. At the end of their session, the children had been asked to run around the court and pick up as many balls as they could. Madeleine had done really well and was very pleased with herself.’

Give me strength!  What mother in their right mind would allow a three year old child to play tennis in sandals?  The woman talks out of her rear quarters.

I think Joyce is on the right track - the photograph so widely publicised (if genuine) was not taken during a mini-club tennis session.  Much more likely the incident when Madeleine was collecting tennis balls either for the adults practice session or it was staged for some reason, maybe to confuse or maybe just because it makes for a sweet picture.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 02.11.15 20:06

joyce1938 wrote:Hi De Ho, what a huge amount of work you have given to this case and ofcourse for us too thanks a lot .             One thing I seem to have im mind about the tennis times ,could you tell me which was the one where we were told that maddie had gone along to pick up balls where daddy had played , that looks like the picture taken with her arms full of balls ?  were other kids doing it too and ansd which day was that ? joyce1938

The tennis timetable tells us that Madeleine's group played on Tuesday morning (10 or 10.30-11am)

We have no knowledge whether regular racquets were used.  It is possible as one MW resort shows this (separate tennis not included in crèche activities)

These are the only MW photos that I could find

Whether real equipment or kiddies equipment, the 'tennis' would likely be nothing similar to a tennis game and so I doubt that shoes were of prime importance but I don't know.

Was the picture taken at one of the adult games at 6.30pm? (Mon apparently Ladies, Tuesday Mixed, Wednesday Beat the Pro, Thursday Mens.

What time of day was it taken?

The wet court suggests rain.  It rained on Wednesday but the Booking form tells us it was cleaned (hosed?) on Tuesday lunchtime.  Could the photo have been taken shortly after a cleaning? (We don't have Sunday or Monday booking forms)

If the wet court is due to court cleaning (by hose) and considering Madeleine's mini tennis was BEFORE the court cleaning, then this photo was NOT taken at mini tennis and possibly on a previous day after cleaning.

That is IF something happened to Madeleine earlier and IF they used the photo to suggest she was alive and seen on Tuesday (why not just say Tuesday lunchtime?)

HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 02.11.15 20:15

HiDeHo wrote:
joyce1938 wrote:Hi De Ho, what a huge amount of work you have given to this case and ofcourse for us too thanks a lot .             One thing I seem to have im mind about the tennis times ,could you tell me which was the one where we were told that maddie had gone along to pick up balls where daddy had played , that looks like the picture taken with her arms full of balls ?  were other kids doing it too and ansd which day was that ? joyce1938

The tennis timetable tells us that Madeleine's group played on Tuesday morning (10 or 10.30-11am)

We have no knowledge whether regular racquets were used.  It is possible as one MW resort shows this (separate tennis not included in crèche activities)

These are the only MW photos that I could find

Whether real equipment or kiddies equipment, the 'tennis' would likely be nothing similar to a tennis game and so I doubt that shoes were of prime importance but I don't know.

Was the picture taken at one of the adult games at 6.30pm? (Mon apparently Ladies, Tuesday Mixed, Wednesday Beat the Pro, Thursday Mens.

What time of day was it taken?

The wet court suggests rain.  It rained on Wednesday but the Booking form tells us it was cleaned (hosed?) on Tuesday lunchtime.  Could the photo have been taken shortly after a cleaning? (We don't have Sunday or Monday booking forms)

Andoff topic but check out the footwear!! Even the 'coach' is wearing flip flops.  eek

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 02.11.15 22:24

Verdi wrote:
Doug D wrote:

Give me strength!  What mother in their right mind would allow a three year old child to play tennis in sandals?  The woman talks out of her rear quarters.

I think Joyce is on the right track - the photograph so widely publicised (if genuine) was not taken during a mini-club tennis session.  Much more likely the incident when Madeleine was collecting tennis balls either for the adults practice session or it was staged for some reason, maybe to confuse or maybe just because it makes for a sweet picture.
I've previously thought along those lines about the sandals Verdi, that photo to me suggests a casual visit to the courts (to watch mum, dad or an older sibling for example) rather than a child ready to participate in a game. 

As a qualified sports coach I'd suggest that sandals would be both inappropriate and unsafe. Compare that to the parents that seem to have every pair of expensive sports footwear known to man. Plus as mentioned previously I'd totally expect soft foam balls to be used for 3/4 year olds.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 02.11.15 22:43

Perhaps someone ought to ask Katie Hopkins. She's now a DM columnist and seems to have recently returned from a Mark Warner holiday in Greece.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.11.15 23:01

Rogue-a-Tory wrote:
Verdi wrote:
Doug D wrote:

I've previously thought along those lines about the sandals Verdi, that photo to me suggests a casual visit to the courts (to watch mum, dad or an older sibling for example) rather than a child ready to participate in a game. 

As a qualified sports coach I'd suggest that sandals would be both inappropriate and unsafe. Compare that to the parents that seem to have every pair of expensive sports footwear known to man. Plus as mentioned previously I'd totally expect soft foam balls to be used for 3/4 year olds.
Joyce has asked the question on a number occasions about the tennis ball photograph but nobody to date has come up with an answer as far as I know.  I'm beggared if I can recall where it was originally said that Madeleine was pictured collecting tennis balls during an adult practice but Crimewatch 2013 certainly took it seriously when reconstructing the events leading up to MBM's disappearance..

So, as Joyce repeatedly asks - was the much publicized tennis ball photograph taken during a mini-club session or during an adult knock-about.  I'm inclined to opt for the latter - if indeed the photograph is genuine.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 02.11.15 23:05

What a pain that woman is.  I for many years travelled with a solicitors letter confirming my kids were mine because my passport was in my maiden name and theirs were in my husbands name.  If he was not with me it was the easiest thing to do and avoided delays and questions.

A simple process, easily done.

The security is there for very good reasons.  Not every parent is well intentioned, not every "family" are happily travelling together.  Sometimes kids are taken by one parent unknown to the other.

Pity she doesn't put her column space to good use.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 02.11.15 23:19

sami wrote:What a pain that woman is.  I for many years travelled with a solicitors letter confirming my kids were mine because my passport was in my maiden name and theirs were in my husbands name.  If he was not with me it was the easiest thing to do and avoided delays and questions.

A simple process, easily done.

The security is there for very good reasons.  Not every parent is well intentioned, not every "family" are happily travelling together.  Sometimes kids are taken by one parent unknown to the other.

Pity she doesn't put her column space to good use.
That wasn't the point I was making sami. Katie Hopkins is a load of hot air employed to up the rant ratings. It's akin to Roman times.

Here is the snip

Admittedly I was coming in from a Greek island. Greece’s magnetic attraction for rubber inflatables overloaded with half the Middle East and Africa is well documented.
But I am pretty sure the last illegal immigrants didn’t brazenly wander up to Passport Control from a British Airways flight with the rest of the Mark Warner holiday-makers, looking like a bad advert for John Lewis.

Mark Warner holidays are given a mention. British Airways are given a mention - none of those cheap flights.

Now, if anyone wants to know about tennis lessons in a Mark Warner holiday then write to Katie Hopkins and ask her.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 02.11.15 23:21

Yes, Verdi, I too for some reason thought that this activity was most likely of kids going back in evening for a short time to play before bed.  I just don't know why this is in my head, in that way?  I am no good at trying to get back somewhere to find it either. joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 02.11.15 23:45

N
aquila wrote:
That wasn't the point I was making sami

Sorry Aquila I didn't mean to suggest it was roses ....I was just ranting about the piece in general and her making a mountain out of a molehill as usual.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 03.11.15 6:03

Apologies guest12345 and Doug D I will get back to you on your questions, but while I was researching joyce's question I discovered a NEW discrepancy (or two)

For anyone interested in recognising the discrepancies....please bear with me...

Studying the tennis photo, it appears the court is wet... It rained on Wednesday..

Checking the Tennis booking sheets (Sunday and Monday are missing) it appears that the court was cleaned (washed? hosed?) during lunchtime on Tuesday (12.00pm)

IF the phot was taken at mini tennis there would have been NO WET COURT as it was 2 hrs later that it was cleaned.

THEREFORE the pic was NOT taken at mini tennis....

IF Kate tells us that the photo was taken on Tuesday at 10.30am to place Maddie alive at mini tennis and it was not actually taken until AFTER mini tennis...maybe at lunchtime after the courts had been cleaned, there would be NO REASON to have siad it was taken in the morning... Tuesday lunchtime would have placed Madeleine at the tennis courts a few hours later.... BUT

IF the courts were also cleaned ANOTHER day...(Sunday , Monday or maybe Saturday) then that court could have been cleaned and the pic taken a short while after...

There is more to this...a LOT more to this....but Ill leave that for now...

WHY would Kate say it was taken at mini tennis when the courts wouldnt have been wet for another two hours?
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 03.11.15 8:06

Before we get carried away with this ‘discrepancy’ and it becomes a 'definite' forum myth, although it looks as if the court could be wet, it is possible that this is just permanently stained. Maybe someone that was around soon after could confirm one way or the other.

Also wouldn’t it be lovely to see the actual booking sheet. There are clearly a number of changes, black lines on both courts between the 8 & 9 sessions painted out, a join (?) between 10 & 11 (no black dividing line), McCann at 2.30 been overwritten on tippex, (what is the printed capital ‘A’ about?), 6.30 court 2 tippexed and overwritten (no black line underneath).

And what is the top of the ‘T’ on Tuesday and the date 1/5, in the same red ink as the page title and flower picture all about?

The sheet also appears to have been randomly stained in other places, possibly as an attempt to disguise these changes.
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 03.11.15 12:48

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:  Studying the tennis photo, it appears the court is wet... It rained on Wednesday..

Has anybody studied this photograph technically?  My naked eye cannot detect a wet surface.

Is it usual for an organized event involving children of such a young age to be held on a hard surface, like that captured in the tennis ball photograph?  I've never visited a Warner holiday venue so know nothing whatsoever about their childcare facilities but I would have thought an outdoor mini tennis session would be held on grass with appropriate scaled down equipment.

From my experience tourists can be very ruthless if they smell compensation.  Can you imagine the public outcry if a three year old child was seriously injured while playing tennis at a holiday resort because the tour company failed to provide adequate facilities and/or supervision?

That aside, if I remember rightly, the 'tennis ball' photograph didn't materialize until a few days after Madeleine disappeared - and then I think was initially circulated by Auntie Philomena back in the UK.  Raises the question - how did Philomena get her hands on the photograph if it was taken in PdL during the holiday week?  Wouldn't it have been more sensible to give that image to the PJ as the most up to date, rather than issuing a photograph of Madeleine when she was younger? 

More importantly, IF it was taken on KM's camera or that of one of the friends - why wasn't it included in the photographs handed over to the PJ ???

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 03.11.15 12:52

joyce1938 wrote:yes Verdi, I too for some reason thought that this activity was most likely of kids going back in evening for a short time to play before bed ? I just don't know why this is in my head ,in that way ? I am no good at trying to get back somewhere to find it either.joyce1938
I'll see if I can find something later.  In the interim this is quite an interesting observation I found on YouTube..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top