The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Matt Oldfield's Alleged Last Check

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dr Matthew Oldfield's last check

Post by justathought on 02.01.14 23:11

No doubt debated before. but why didnt Dr Oldfield not think that Madeleine was sleeping in the bed near the window when he did his alleged check? in the darkness given his alleged view and with the ruffled state of that particular bed, could easily be confused that someone was asleep there by the window.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/08/05/article-0-022B5D4000000578-244_468x311.jpg

justathought

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield's Alleged Last Check

Post by ScallyScouser on 03.01.14 8:33

How did Dr Oldfield know were Gerry an Kate set door position of bedroom door too, if it was first time he had entered apartment ? funny how books he mentions in statement were in fact on book shelf, yet he failed to see all 3 children even though that was reason he was there ?.....

ScallyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.01.14 10:18

ScallyScouser wrote:How did Dr Oldfield know were Gerry an Kate set door position of bedroom door too, if it was first time he had entered apartment ? funny how books he mentions in statement were in fact on book shelf, yet he failed to see all 3 children even though that was reason he was there ?.....

and there was no bookshelf...

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 04.01.14 13:25

The oddest thing for me is the way he describes (in the rogatory interview)  seeing the twins breathing. This despite him being several feet away beyond the doorway (as indicated in the TV mockumentary, by him - he tells us on camera where he was standing) and the twins being inside cots with mesh sides, and the room being in semi-darkness. How on earth could he see them breathing? But he is quite clear he did. So what on earth was going on.  Either he did see them breathing or he didn't. If he did, he was in the room and would have seen Madeleine. If he didn't, then his account is more than questionable - but why? What is his interest in tells us he could see them breathing when he couldn't.

And why didn't the Police follow up this in the rogatory interviews?  The interviews were about the softest questioning I've ever read of but even then they were all umming and ahhing and qualifying and correcting and sounding like they were under pressure.

Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.01.14 14:30

Okeydokey wrote: [...]
And why didn't the Police follow up this in the rogatory interviews?  The interviews were about the softest questioning I've ever read of but even then they were all umming and ahhing and qualifying and correcting and sounding like they were under pressure.
At this point we should maybe remember, that the rogatory interviews were [with an enormous delay, thanks to the "strategy" of then head of HO] performed by British policemen, on the basis of lists of questions prepared by the PJ, who in their turn were allowed to be present [out of sight] but not to intervene. It is very well possible, that either or both of British and Portuguese cops would have had additional questions, based on previous answers ... But ALAS ...No way José ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 04.01.14 16:00

He was able to see the twins breathing from a distance, yet:

Fiona Payne statement to Leicester Police 10 April 2008

"that was the other thing, she (KM) kept going into the twins, she kept putting her hands on the twins to check they were breathing, she was very much concerned in checking that they were okay" 

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/10/fiona-payne-kate-mccann-kept-putting.html

so even with the lights on KM couldn't see if they were breathing.

Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by brixham on 26.02.14 12:53

This is from Matt Oldfields' Rogatory, taken from The McCann Files.

No, no, we've talked about that before, I didn't smell anything, I mean, I could see the children breathing, but I didn't clock it as abnormal, erm, it'd be completely to speculate to say whether their breathing was fast or, I couldn't say, I mean, they were breathing and that's what, you know, and that was what I was there to check erm, no, no funny sort of smells, no sort of funny draughts, no sort of funny sort of noises, no, erm, nothing that I can think of for that. I mean, it was a complete just a shock out of the blue when, you know, I'd been in and then suddenly somebody's saying Madeleine's missing, there was nothing that made me think, oh"

To me this reads as if MO was there specifically to check if the twins were breathing, not that he happened to notice that they were breathing.  Seeing, as a previous poster remarked, that KM had to put her hand on the twins to check them, he must have been pretty close to them.  If you did get that far into the room then you must have been able to see Madeleine, if you believe that MO was there just for a 'routine' check.

brixham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What on 26.02.14 13:49

He is desperate to make sure that everyone knows that he did not see Maddie, because he does not want to be the last person who claims to have seen her.He is canny enough to know that if he does say he saw her, he is making himself a hostage to fortune if the investigation were ever to prove that she could not have been there at all at that time.
However it seems that he was quite prepared to allow himself to be allocated a 'slot' when the 'checking list' was manufactured.

Dr What

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 26.02.14 14:04

I don't believe that MO did a check at all that evening, it was most likely a cover story to hide the fact that KM left the Tapas at 9.30 ( as seen by witnesses) to set the scene in the apartment for the abduction story, open the widow, arrange the bed to look like M had slept there and so on.

Kate shouted from the balcony at 9.30 according to a waiter and a cook who were in the Tapas area.
Perhaps 9.30 was the timeline in the plan but something happened, went wrong and the time to find M gone was moved to 10.00 pm.
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by justathought on 26.02.14 19:28

Maybe i am looking at things simplistically.
But surely there is a case for MO to be reinterviewed given the dismissal of JT's sighting.
We are told that a situation arose whereby GM saw his daughter safe and well at 9.05/9.10 pm, her mother found her missing at 10pm. So revisiting MO's alleged version of events would seem vital and could be the key to solving the case?
If I were a SY/PJ Detective, I would give him a chance to rethink his version of events. I would also emphasis that as things now stand, and his somewhat questionable explanation of events. He lends himself as being a prime suspect as to being involved in the disappearance, if not the perpetrator?
But maybe I have been watching too many TV Detective programmes.

justathought

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck on 26.02.14 20:17

justathought wrote:Maybe i am looking at things simplistically.
But surely there is a case for MO to be reinterviewed given the dismissal of JT's sighting.
We are told that a situation arose whereby GM saw his daughter safe and well at 9.05/9.10 pm, her mother found her missing at 10pm. So revisiting MOt 's alleged version of events would seem vital and could be the key to solving the case?
If I were a SY/PJ Detective, I would give him a chance to rethink his version of events. I would also emphasis that as things now stand, and his somewhat questionable explanation of events. He lends himself as being a prime suspect as to being involved in the disappearance, if not the perpetrator?
Yes, the ruling out of Tannerman does place MO in the awkward position of being in the apartment after GMcC but before the new (adjusted by SY) abduction timeline.  Logic determines that testimony deserves a revisit at least as he was there smack between a confirmed sighting and confirmed disappearance, and before the time SY are now saying the disappearance happened.  Yet nothing, how strange.

Monty Heck

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 27.02.14 0:38

brixham wrote: 

No, no, we've talked about that before, I didn't smell anything, I mean, I could see the children breathing, but I didn't clock it as abnormal, erm, it'd be completely to speculate to say whether their breathing was fast or, I couldn't say, I mean, they were breathing and that's what, you know, and that was what I was there to check erm, no, no funny sort of smells, no sort of funny draughts, no sort of funny sort of noises, no, erm, nothing that I can think of for that. I mean, it was a complete just a shock out of the blue when, you know, I'd been in and then suddenly somebody's saying Madeleine's missing, there was nothing that made me think, oh"

To me this reads as if MO was there specifically to check if the twins were breathing, not that he happened to notice that they were breathing.  Seeing, as a previous poster remarked, that KM had to put her hand on the twins to check them, he must have been pretty close to them.  If you did get that far into the room then you must have been able to see Madeleine, if you believe that MO was there just for a 'routine' check.

Could be. Alternately, MO might not have known anything, he might have been into the apartment at 9.30 pm and there might have been nothing of significance to tell, no open window at that time, no draughts as he says above, no noise to be heard from the children's room except the twin's breathing.

suzyjohnson

Back to top Go down

Post by justathought on 27.02.14 0:48

suzyjohnson wrote:
brixham wrote: 

Could be. Alternately, MO might not have known anything, he might have been into the apartment at 9.30 pm and there might have been nothing of significance to tell, no open window at that time, no draughts as he says above, no noise to be heard from the children's room except the twin's breathing.
No noises to be heard in the room except the twins breathing.But of course and more significantly, the lack of certain sound i.e. Madeleine's breathing. Why not think i have heard the twins breathing, so strange no sound of Madeleine's breathing?

justathought

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 27.02.14 5:59

I don't think MO was there at that time at all. He was unable to describe the room accurately ( said there were two windows and there's only one).
I think the clip of Oldfield nd Gerry in 5a is from the documentary TM approved? It's worth having a look at that, Gerry prompting MO who isn't exactly overjoyed to be in the video. Imo

As an example of the personality of Gerry it's a must-see clip imo. MO clearly wants to be anywhere else imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching on 27.02.14 7:54

justathought wrote:Maybe i am looking at things simplistically.
We are told that a situation arose whereby GM saw his daughter safe and well at 9.05/9.10 pm, her mother found her missing at 10pm. So revisiting MO's alleged version of events would seem vital and could be the key to solving the case?

I don't think you'll get any arguments as to Oldfield being re-interviewed, nor any of the others either.

I  don't believe there was any abduction therefore don't believe Tanner saw 'the abductor.'  And I don't believe in the newly invented Creche dad with whom Redwood has replaced the person Tanner claims to have seen.

Redwood doing so, did though have most of us saying - 'about time too that Tanner's sighting was recognised for what it is.'

But what do Redwood's actions in this respect tell us?  Where is he going with it?

For one, he does seem to be going along with abduction as far as we can see. But why does he insist that his 'revelation' (the innocent dad carrying his child home from the creche) automatically means that any abduction must have taken place at a later time than the[size=13.333333969116211] 9:15 slot which Team McCann have been plugging all these years?   He is not saying it took place at a time just after Wilkins/Tanner/'Mr' cleared the street, not just before the time Oldfield/O'Brien appeared.  He has put the time of the alleged abduction to just before 10 pm, just before 'Mrs' arrived at 5A (all set to play her part?)[/size] 

He has decided that his introduction of the innocent dad, has changed the timeline moved it all to a later time, by around 30/45 minutes.

But why?  

For the past 7 years we have been led to believe that the alleged abductor got in and out of the apartment in the space of what, 2/3 minutes? 

Why then is it not possible for this to still remain the case?  

An innocent father carrying his child home does not mean that a not so innocent person could not have been on the street around the very same time.   That an abduction could not have happened at around this time, that an abductor could not have gotten in and out of the apartment but then headed off in an altogether different direction from the innocent dad, and unseen, in a car maybe, [size=13.333333969116211]or taken the child to an apartment close by and moved her later. [/size]

[size=13.333333969116211]If people believed an abduction could have taken place around 9:15 in avery short space of time, the innocent dad on the street, shouldn't necessarily change that or change a timeline.[/size]

If there had never been a Tanner sighting, only a Smith sighting, it would seem obvious that police would focus on that.

Do we take it SY recognised that Tanner sighting was bogus, that Team McCann have pretty much stated this is the guy who took their daughter, and pretty much ignored Smith sighting, and decided they had to get rid of it in a way (for the moment?) that keeps the tapas lot thinking they remain in the clear, so as not to alert them, and allowed SY to focus on Smith sighting?

[size=13.333333969116211]Is Redwood now basing the time of the alleged abduction solely on the Smith sighting, and not looking at any other time slot, not thinking along the lines that Madeleine may have been taken from apartment as early as 9:15 if not before?  (if team McCann are involved in her disappearance, the proud daddy moment at 9:05 means nothing, she could have been taken from apartment at any time)    Is he trying to fit an abduction around Smith sighting?[/size]

He has declared the tapas lot not to be suspects.  By stating the abduction took place just before 'Mrs' took centre stage for Act 1, Scene 1, it could look like  he is 'letting off the hook' not only Mrs, but Oldfield, Tanner, O'Brien and 'Mr' all of those who were scurrying around that night, in and out of apartments.  Is he therefore protecting the tapas lot?

Redwood must know that Smith Snr thought the person he saw could be 'Mr'  

Would he draw the public attention to the Smith sighting if he thought it was 'Mr' one of his non-suspects?  

What is Redwood's motive here?  Thousands of calls we are told were received by SY in response to the e.fits.  Some of them must have named 'Mr' as the abductor.  Has Redwood hauled him in for questioning?   What is Redwood doing about calls received, has anyone who has been named been interviewed? After all he would want to eliminate this man if he too is an innocent father!

[size=13.333333969116211]Above all else Redwood & his team know, like the rest of us, that the tapas lot have lied and lied big time, and he knows the 'honesty' of the dogs.  So what is he really thinking about the Smith sighting?[/size]

What Redwood is up to is as big a mystery as the case itself.   How it should be?

As GA said what is required is for the tapas lot to return to Portugal and a proper criminal style reconstruction to take place.  Then & only then will the truth be found, unless of course one of them cracks before this - only takes one.   Has Tanner done so already?

Oldfield has never been comfortable with this - just read his statements.   He'd crack easily under pressure!  So yes, he should be re-interviewed.

Watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.02.14 9:41

Watching wrote:
Is Redwood now basing the time of the alleged abduction solely on the Smith sighting, and not looking at any other time slot, not thinking along the lines that Madeleine may have been taken from apartment as early as 9:15 if not before?  (if team McCann are involved in her disappearance, the proud daddy moment at 9:05 means nothing, she could have been taken from apartment at any time)    Is he trying to fit an abduction around Smith sighting?

He has declared the tapas lot not to be suspects.  By stating the abduction took place just before 'Mrs' took centre stage for Act 1, Scene 1, it could look like  he is 'letting off the hook' not only Mrs, but Oldfield, Tanner, O'Brien and 'Mr' all of those who were scurrying around that night, in and out of apartments.  Is he therefore protecting the tapas lot?

Redwood must know that Smith Snr thought the person he saw could be 'Mr'  

Would he draw the public attention to the Smith sighting if he thought it was 'Mr' one of his non-suspects?  

What is Redwood's motive here?  Thousands of calls we are told were received by SY in response to the e.fits.  Some of them must have named 'Mr' as the abductor.  Has Redwood hauled him in for questioning?   What is Redwood doing about calls received, has anyone who has been named been interviewed? After all he would want to eliminate this man if he too is an innocent father!

Above all else Redwood & his team know, like the rest of us, that the tapas lot have lied and lied big time, and he knows the 'honesty' of the dogs.  So what is he really thinking about the Smith sighting?

What Redwood is up to is as big a mystery as the case itself.   How it should be?

As GA said what is required is for the tapas lot to return to Portugal and a proper criminal style reconstruction to take place.  Then & only then will the truth be found, unless of course one of them cracks before this - only takes one.   Has Tanner done so already?

Oldfield has never been comfortable with this - just read his statements.   He'd crack easily under pressure!  So yes, he should be re-interviewed.

Dodgy formatting aside, you've hit the nail on the head there. What SY are up to is utterly unfathomable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 27.02.14 10:05

Browsing through old newspaper reports I came across the following from the Mirror dated August 9th 2007.

You are not suspects - Madeleine cops forced to defend her parents

By Martin Fricker

Madeleine McCanns parents are not suspects in her disappearance, Portugese police said yesterday. Police spokesman Olegario Sousa said 'The family are not suspects. This is the official position'

We know what then happened on 7th September.

Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 27.02.14 10:21

I am hoping that JT has done this    

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What on 27.02.14 10:34

It would appear as though some, or all, of the tapas 9 have lied.It may be that some, or all, of the Tapas 9 have actively participated in the concealment.Unless one or more of them have seen the mess they are in and spoken with the MET, then it is difficult for the MET to break a wall of silence.It is difficult to determine exactly who should be charged with what.
For now, it still remains that, by their own statements, Payne was the last non-McCann to see Maddie alive when he visited the apartment.Whether he did visit or not, is another question altogether.

Dr What

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.02.14 11:34

Dr What wrote:It would appear as though some, or all, of the tapas 9 have lied.It may be that some, or all, of the Tapas 9 have actively participated in the concealment.Unless one or more of them have seen the mess they are in and spoken with the MET, then it is difficult for the MET to break a wall of silence.It is difficult to determine exactly who should be charged with what.
For now, it still remains that, by their own statements, Payne was the last non-McCann to see Maddie alive when he visited the apartment.Whether he did visit or not, is another question altogether.
Agreed that all have lied in some way shape or form apart from old dear Webster imo.

With the complexity of it all i think your absolutely right in who should be charged with what and again imo behind the scenes that is what is happening. A very difficult, time consuming not to mention costly task to say the least. The amount of people involved in some way regards to this conspiracy is absolutely mind boggling.

This case has frustrated me for so long but i truly believe now that there is a glimmer of hope of justice being served. 

I have always wondered why Payne would allow himself to be the last non-Mccann person to see Maddie alive if like the majority (and me) believe MBM met her demise a lot earlier than the 3rd? Oldfield for all is bumbling / stuttering codswollop of interviews was even quickly smart enough not to allow himself to be the last 'non-Mccann' sighter with his fake trip to check on the Mccann kids. He could see the twins breathing but very conveniently could not see MBM.

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 27.02.14 11:46

Dr What wrote:It would appear as though some, or all, of the tapas 9 have lied.It may be that some, or all, of the Tapas 9 have actively participated in the concealment.Unless one or more of them have seen the mess they are in and spoken with the MET, then it is difficult for the MET to break a wall of silence.It is difficult to determine exactly who should be charged with what.

The wall of silence has been effective.  However, knowing that there is a strong likelihood of the truth emerging at some stage and not being able to trust your fellow TAPAS group members completely must be stressful.  Hopefully one of them will do the right thing  even if for the wrong reason.

HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 27.02.14 17:58

When you look at it there were so many holes in the Tapas group official story, Take this one for example.........

Extract from Matt Oldfield statement 4th May 2007,

During the meal, it was usual that every 15 minutes an adult went to see if the children were sleeping.

Gerry McCann's version@ 4.14 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV4Ck61Favg.

Oh dear!
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching on 27.02.14 20:07

Hicks wrote:When you look at it there were so many holes in the Tapas group official story, Take this one for example.........

During the meal, it was usual that every 15 minutes an adult went to see if the children were sleeping.

Oh dear!

If ever there was an interview that has guilty written all over it, it is this one Hicks.   Some interviews they spatter with their lies, this one is wall to wall lies.  
Emotions are mixed when viewing, their gall - their lies, bad attitude, Kate's bad acting, and the fact they sit there believing that the public are being taken in by this, angers.  And when Mr tells us their friends v-o-l-u-n-t-a-r-i-l-y spoke with police as though they have done Madeleine some big favour, deserve a pat on the back.  It makes me feel sick to the stomach, that this so called proud father can say that.  He should have been kicking their arses back onto a a plane headed for Portugal to do a reconstruction, instead he sits there and praises them.  It makes me feel both bloody angry - I would happily smack him in the mouth -  and terribly terribly sad for the little girl that they care so little, and this footage demonstrates this, no question of that..

Watching

Back to top Go down

Post by soundworks on 27.02.14 20:20

Hicks wrote:When you look at it there were so many holes in the Tapas group official story, Take this one for example.........

Oh dear!
Did GM say "taken and killed" at 5.30mins

soundworks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.02.14 20:24

Yes he does but he means it as a worst nightmare scenario which he thinks is less likely than Madeleine being taken and still being alive.

Travis: I've deleted both your replies as they could be libellous, apart from putting everyone off their supper.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum