The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

A reply to Ben Thompson

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A reply to Ben Thompson

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.10.15 15:00

Just placing a few things on the record in response to a message from someone called Ben Thompson, who seems to be another crackpot jumping on the bandwagon who thinks I have been a McCann-supporter for the past 8 years. My reply is partly because his asinine comments also adverseley affect CMOMM and its reputation:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

QUOTE - my replies in blue:

Ben Thompson

Personally, I'm very sceptical about Tony Bennett. Why does he publicly try to derail anything that might produce the truth. Some of the things he has tried to bring down:

REPLY: The one and only contact I've had so far with Ben Thompson was about a year ago when he asked me to supply one of my past articles which he couldn't find, and to give him permission to reproduce it. I found it, I gave him permission, and he thanked me. And that's it.

This group.

REPLY: I don't even know which group he's talking about, unless it's that one with the nasty Chris Roberts running it. Whichever it is, nope, I've not made any attempt to bring it down or do anything remotely like it.

Anti McCann blogs.

REPLY: Again, no, not at all. I have no idea where this comes from, maybe just his own imagination. The only forum I have assisted to 'bring down' (successfully, I might add), was JATYK Mark I, which was a pro-McCann forum. I have made no attempt to 'bring down' the slightly milder successor to Mark 1, namely JATYK2.

Sonia Poulton's upcoming documentary.

REPLY: Again, no - and this is really just a procession of outright lies by Ben Thompson. As every CMOMM member knows, I have done nothing whatsoever to 'try to bring down' Poulton's documentary. I have examined Poulton's record. I have commented on the many lies and false promises that she and her supporters have made about this documentary-to-be. But if after all the fuss, she produces a good, informative documentary, that's fine by me.

Established and knowledgeable anti McCann tweeters.

REPLY: Tried to 'bring them down'? How? I've occasionally - very occasionally - disagreed publicly with the conclusions of others. And I've protested against aggressive and vitriolic tweets by both sides on the #McCann hashtag. But that's about all.

The Smith sighting.

REPLY: There are broadly speaking two camps on 'Smithman'. CAMP A says that he and his family are decent, honest people whose very word should be believed. CAMP B says that there is reasonable doubt about that based on numerous contradictions and puzzles about their evidence. I'm in CAMP B, that's all. But even those in CAMP A have an impossible task in explaining how the Smith sighting, if true, can possibly be used against the McCann. It can't, of course.

Books that are against the McCanns.

REPLY: There's not many of those about, and I've written two of them. He might be referring to the Peter Scharrenberg book. Is that 'anti-McCann'? I don't think it is, from the reviews so far. The only other thing I can think of that he's referring to is my reference to Goncalo Amaral possibly being mistaken about his reliance on Catriona Baker's evidence about the alleged 'high tea' at 5.30pm on 3 May 2007.     

and now this journalist, who may or may not have been genuine, but the chances of him trusting us now are minimal.

REPLY: If he is 'genuine', he will want to continue with this. Unless this is all another of Isabel McFadden's little games, that is.  

I've sat on my hands about Bennett for a long time, but the man is as trustworthy as Clarence Mitchell.

REPLY: Gosh, that is bad.  I have no wish to engage with Thompson, who is either saying all this out of sheer ignorance, or maybe for a more sinister reason to discredit this forum. But if someone knows where his FB group is, or is a member of it, please make sure he and his members are informed about and see my reply - many thanks. 

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A reply to Ben Thompson

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 09.10.15 15:08

Ben's admin of this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/JusticeForMadeleine/

It's not Chris's group.

I've posted a link to your reply on his group.
Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.10.15 15:14

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:Ben's admin of this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/JusticeForMadeleine/

It's not Chris's group.

I've posted a link to your reply on his group.

thumbsup

I think it's about time Ben and his group started looking at the research over here

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 10.10.15 20:55

This is Ben's response to Tony's response, which was a response to Ben's post. I wasn't able to see Ben's response to Tony's response, if you get me drift, as he banned me from his group after saying he wouldn't - but one of his members kindly sent it to me.  

(Screenshots with Ben are my additions)

Well, Tony has really shown himself up to be a liar here Jill. Not that I'm surprised.

TB: "REPLY: The one and only contact I've had so far with Ben Thompson was about a year ago when he asked me to supply one of my past articles which he couldn't find, and to give him permission to reproduce it. I found it, I gave him permission, and he thanked me. And that's it."

(Part of a conversation I had with Ben on 13 May - you will note Ben said he'd never spoken to Tony before)

Ben: LIES! Why else would I have written this twit longer back in June, after you attacked this group and myself for supporting Sonia?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1smkeqr

TB: "Anti McCann blogs.

REPLY: Again, no, not at all. I have no idea where this comes from, maybe just his own imagination. The only forum I have assisted to 'bring down' (successfully, I might add), was JATYK Mark I, which was a pro-McCann forum. I have made no attempt to 'bring down' the slightly milder successor to Mark 1, namely JATYK2."

Ben: More bullshit Tony, scroll to the bottom of this link, and see Tony in full effect, doing what he describes, as a "demolition job" of an anti McCann blog:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t11377-laid-bare?highlight=laid+bare

TB: "Sonia Poulton's upcoming documentary.

REPLY: Again, no - and this is really just a procession of outright lies by Ben Thompson. As every CMOMM member knows, I have done nothing whatsoever to 'try to bring down' Poulton's documentary. I have examined Poulton's record. I have commented on the many lies and false promises that she and her supporters have made about this documentary-to-be. But if after all the fuss, she produces a good, informative documentary, that's fine by me."

Ben: Put the crack pipe down Tony, anybody who has read CMoMM is only too aware that you have well into a hundred pages on there, with you at the helm, slating Sonia and her documentary.

TB: "Established and knowledgeable anti McCann tweeters.

REPLY: Tried to 'bring them down'? How? I've occasionally - very occasionally - disagreed publicly with the conclusions of others. And I've protested against aggressive and vitriolic tweets by both sides on the #McCann hashtag. But that's about all."

Ben: More bullshit, you've attacked Jilly CL, Isabelle McFadden, Teddy Shepherd, and many, many more. In fact there aren't many antis who give you the time of day at all, and less after your idiocy today.

As for yourself Jill, let us not forget that only this year, you allowed Pam Gurney into your group, and then gave the excuse that you'd never heard of her when your members complained. Never heard of Pam Gurney, the rabid pro who takes up pages and pages of discussion in your forum?

You're a damn liar as well!

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/search?search_keywords=Pam+Gurney

Ben: I could go on, but as you've both show yourselves up to be utter liars, I think I'll remove you permanently from the group. Good luck with whatever agenda the pair of you have. You'll need it.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/search?search_keywords=Pam+Gurney

(Actually, I never said I'd never heard of Pam Gurney - I said I didn't know much about her, which is true, despite having this conversation with her.)

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t10860-conversation-with-pamela-gurney-and-jue-l-hancock-on-facebook-regarding-brenda-leyland
Get'emGonçalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.10.15 21:21

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:This is Ben's response to Tony's response, which was a response to Ben's post. I wasn't able to see Ben's response to Tony's response, if you get me drift, as he banned me from his group after saying he wouldn't - but one of his members kindly sent it to me.  
Thank you Jill and please pass on my thanks to the kind member who leaked this.

He complains about my opposition to Isabelle McFadden, but that doesn't look too bad now after Soustergate, does it?

Ben, you get on with your agenda - and I'll get on with mine. OK?

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snook on 11.10.15 1:57

This is a classic case of if your theory doesn't match others then you are 'attacking'. And as Poulton is seen as the McCann Messiah then any criticism,  nay even drawing attention to her contradictory statements and lies is seen as attempting to destroy brave Sonia who is going to bring the McCann house of cards down.

I'm not taking sides but in the interests of fairness it should be remembered that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and to discuss it in a place they feel comfortable be it a forum or Facebook group. If there was only one point of view what would be the point of discussion? Tony has reached his theory via extensive research and that should be respected as much as anyone else's opinion. (most of which have probably had their roots in Tony's first booklet and grew in directions from then on )
snook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Asking Ben Thompson to withdraw his false allegation that I have forged some screenshots

Post by Tony Bennett on 11.10.15 12:51

Statement re Ben Thompson                  

Overnight, on Twitter, Ben Thompson has twice made a false allegation that I have forged some screenshots.

Just for the record, for all members and guests to see, I have not taken any screenshots in the first place, nor have I amended any, nor have I published any screenshots. Indeed I knew nothing at all about any such screenshots until he brought up the subject this morning.

I have politely asked him to withdraw his false claims.

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis on 11.10.15 13:28

Keep on truckin', Tony.
Like any of us you have a right to your opinion.
Your opinion of Hutton and Poulton happens to be the same as my own, based on my own observations (not exactly hidden is it, their dalliances with The Sun and Sky?), that their dedication is much more to themselves rather than the Mc case. You really couldn't put a fag paper between those two and Birch. I'm sure a more fitting vocation awaits them should 3 clowns resign at Chipperfield's Circus.
Mark Willis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 11.10.15 14:54

Shocked  How old is Ben.....12?
Get'emGonçalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 11.10.15 15:06

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:

He demonstrably has what are called in polite society 'anger management issues'.

I notice he uses the same gutter language as most of my other fiercest critics - 'Blacksmith', Poulton, Hutton & 'TeddySheperd'

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES on 12.10.15 15:03

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:

I'll hazzard a guess, this dufus was in nappies when MM vanished.
MRNOODLES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum