The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!


10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mrs Pamela Fenn's Witness Statement of 20th August 2007...

1. I tend to think she told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth
 
2. I think some parts of it were true, but other parts of it were not
 
3. I tend to think that this was an untruthful statement
 
4. I am not sure what to make of it
 
 
 
View results

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Phoebe on 02.01.19 11:08

The McCanns claimed that they had checked on their children at least every half hour. If Mrs. Fenn heard Madeleine cry for an hour and a half then the McCanns schedule of checking must be a lie. I believe this is what is at issue in the tweet quoted above by Killa Dog. He is defending the McCanns' "checking regularly" tale. In simple terms if the McCanns are not liars then they would have come across Madeleine crying during one of their half-hourly checks on the Tuesday night and, presumably, would have stayed with their distressed child.
Mrs. Fenn stated that she had never spoken to any reporters, about her statement or any burglary thwarting. I believe this is what she meant when she claimed that, as she had never spoken to any reporters, what they claimed she had told them was all rubbish.The ridiculous stories of her allegedly explaining to the press how she grabbed a burglar by the ankle as he tried to escape through a high window are indeed "rubbish".
avatar
Phoebe

Posts : 1194
Join date : 2017-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by NickE on 02.01.19 14:55

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@NickE wrote:Here is a tweet on the subject from one of the most notorious Pro-McCann tweeter,some says this tweeter is close to the family.
"Indeed, it COULD NOT have been" Madeleine Mrs Fenn heard.
Already gone?

That is one of the many troubles with Twitter.

Who knows what exactly is meant by those 11 words posted by 'Killa Dog'.

If, as you say, the person is a McCann-supporter, maybe it is what we would call a 'Freudian slip'? (don't know if you have the same expression in your language?)

Has 'Killa Dog' been asked for an explanation?

I stand by my assertions about Mrs Fenn's evidence, including

(1) It was first given over three-and-a-half months after the McCanns' holiday
(2) Her evidence appeared in several British newspapers on 18 & 19 August before she even made a statement to the PJ on Monday 20 August 
(3) She clearly told local news reporters that what had been said about her evidence in the media was "rubbish" - yet the media were only reporting exactly what she said in her statement 
(4) Her statement is unbelievable on the face of it (a child crying ever louder for 75 minutes, nobody else hearing the crying, Mrs Fenn failing to report it etc.
(5) Her statement has a number of inconsistencies
(6) Her statement looks very much contrived in order to 'fit' Madeleine: "a child of more than two years of age" - how can she tell the difference between the4 crying of a two-year-old and a three-year-old?!
(7) Multiple contradictions in the varying accounts of the alleged attempted burglary she is supposed to have suffered e.g. 1 week or 2 weeks or 3 weeks or 'several' weeks before the McCanns' holiday     
(8) Implausibility of the event as described e.g. an 82-year-old leaping across the room to try and grab the mythical burglar by the ankles as he leapt from a first-floor window. 

How any rational person, having carefully examined all the evidence, can take Mrs Fenn's statement seriously, is quite beyond me
Yes, "freudian slip" is the same in Swedish.
I've asked him why it could not have been Madeleine Mrs Fenn heard.
He has been active all the time but no reply so far.

____________________
Goncalo Amaral: "Then there's the window we found Kate's finger prints.
She said she had never touched that window and the cleaning lady assured that she had cleaned it on the previous day....it doesn't add up"
NickE
NickE

Posts : 1320
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.01.19 22:50

@Phoebe wrote:The McCanns claimed that they had checked on their children at least every half hour. If Mrs. Fenn heard Madeleine cry for an hour and a half then the McCanns schedule of checking must be a lie. I believe this is what is at issue in the tweet quoted above by Killa Dog. He is defending the McCanns' "checking regularly" tale. In simple terms if the McCanns are not liars then they would have come across Madeleine crying during one of their half-hourly checks on the Tuesday night and, presumably, would have stayed with their distressed child.
Mrs. Fenn stated that she had never spoken to any reporters, about her statement or any burglary thwarting. I believe this is what she meant when she claimed that, as she had never spoken to any reporters, what they claimed she had told them was all rubbish.The ridiculous stories of her allegedly explaining to the press how she grabbed a burglar by the ankle as he tried to escape through a high window are indeed "rubbish".
@ Phoebe  Thank you for your reply. Thank you for addressing one of the nine points about Mrs Fenn's evidence that I listed.

We have the facts about the alleged burglary mainly from the media reports of 18 and 19 August 2007, on that I agree with you. But we also have her statement, which on its face has multiple problems with it that seriously undermine its credibility.

The fact is that she claims she had a burglar, and the media reports have, it seems, embellished this, with a whole series of different accounts of this burglary, when it happened, what happened, when and if it was reported to police etc. etc.   

Mrs Fenn said it was all rubbish. Your claim that she was saying it was rubbish because of the exaggerated reports of the burglary is just a guess on your part, isn't it? It is a bit of speculation without any evidence whatsoever. You may be right. But you may well be entirely wrong.

Do you agree that the very fact that we have had all these varied claims about when the burglary happened (1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, several weeks before), about how the burglar got in, what he did when was in the apartment, whether Mrs Fenn leapt to grab him etc. - do you agree that this suggests the very real possibility that this burglary story is an invention by the McCann camp and their advisers to put in people's minds that Praia da Luz was a place prone to break-ins and burglaries?

If this burglary really happened, Mrs Fenn and the media would have surely have given a coherent account of it, don't you agree?

WHEN it happened.
HOW he got in.
WHAT he did when he was there.
WHETHER he leapt out of the window or got out through the door.
WHEN it was reported to the police and WHAT the police did about it.  

But we have none of this. We have a mass of inconsistencies instead. On this basis I suggest again that this burglary never happened.

It follows from what I say that it is possible that persons unknown 'leaned on' Mrs Fenn to claim a burglary. Who they were, and why Mrs Fenn complied (if she did), I cannot say.

Finally, you have at least tried to address one of my nine points.

I am not sure if you believe that Mrs Fenn was a truthful and reliable witness?

If you do, I would find it helpful if you addressed the other eight points I listed - thanks!

____________________

Kate McCann, in her book 'madeleine', page 5: "Since 3 May 2007, there has undoubtedly been much going on behind the scenes we haven't known about and perhaps never will".  Gonçalo Amaral: "We will know the truth about what happened to Madeleine when the MI5 files on her case are made public".   

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15331
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 71
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Verdi on 04.01.19 0:24

When considering the authenticity of Pamela Fenn's testimony and associated reports, it essential to factor in the witness statement of her niece, Carole Tranmer.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t14479p25-key-witness-statements-for-information-only#373922

If anything is going to cast doubt, this cements the deal.  Carole Tranmer was but a visitor, a passing non-entity - but just look how much she had to say !?!

think

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 12081
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Phoebe on 04.01.19 0:36

@ Tony Bennett. Actually Tony, my post above was not intended as a reply to you but rather to a post by NickE, in which he pointed out that a pro McCann tweeter had claimed that Mrs. Fenn could not have heard Madeleine cry for an hour and a half on the Tuesday night. He seemed to be pondering whether this meant that "Killa Dog" knew that Madeleine wasn't alive in order to do so. My post was to offer another simpler explanation which Killa Dog might have intended ie that as the McCanns claimed to have checked their children half-hourly they would have encountered Madeleine crying and done something about it.
With regard to Mrs. Fenn having said that the press reports were "all rubbish" well, if she hadn't spoken to them and they had printed nonsense about the attempted robbery, when it occurred and what allegedly happened, then I find her comment perfectly
normal.
 All she told the police in her statement was that there had been an attempted robbery a week previously at her apartment, that it was unsuccessful and that nothing was taken. 
Mrs Fenn cannot be held responsible for the timing of her police interview. It is clear from her statement of August 20th that there had already been contact between her family and the police and that her niece Carol Tranmer had already, at that stage, spoken to the police.
It is not unreasonable to believe that the P.J. had already spoken to Mrs Fenn well before they invited her in to give her official statement on August 20th '07. She lived directly above the crime scene after all, and was at home when the alleged crime occurred!
 Her information wasn't that important. All she could confirm for them was that a child had been crying and therefore unsupervised for an hour and a half two nights before Madeleine went missing.
I do agree that the media attempted to exaggerate Mrs. Fenn's robbery to support the abduction claim but cannot see that she is to blame for this. Nor can I see how her claim to have heard Madeleine crying is anything but detrimental to the McCanns' cause.
avatar
Phoebe

Posts : 1194
Join date : 2017-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Verdi on 04.01.19 1:05

@Phoebe wrote:Her information wasn't that important. All she could confirm for them was that a child had been crying and therefore unsupervised for an hour and a half two nights before Madeleine went missing.
Not important what  !?!

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 12081
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by sharonl on 04.01.19 8:30

@Verdi wrote:
@Phoebe wrote:Her information wasn't that important. All she could confirm for them was that a child had been crying and therefore unsupervised for an hour and a half two nights before Madeleine went missing.
Not important what  !?!

Actually, she made a point of saying that it was a child and not a baby of 2 or younger.

Why did she even need to specify the age of the child?  Was she just trying to say that Madeleine was alive at that point?

If one child cried for this length of time, why didn't she hear the other children too?  Wouldn't the 2 year olds have woken and joined in?

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron
sharonl
sharonl


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-12-29

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Phoebe on 04.01.19 11:32

If Mrs Fenn's purpose was to "prove" that Madeleine was alive on Tuesday then A) she went about it in the oddest way and B) such "proof" was of no assistance to the McCanns.
If she had been part of some plan to show that Madeleine was alive on Tuesday ( and why would she be needed to do this - eye-witnesses claim to have seen her alive two days later, ergo she was alive on Tuesday!) - she could simply have claimed to have seen her coming or going to 5A. Job done!
"Proving" that Madeleine was alive on Tuesday night was pointless, the police already accepted this, therefore, no need to assist in proving this. What the P.J. WERE interested in was the events of Thursday May 3rd from 5.30 p.m. onward Her evidence re. this period was of little value. She saw nothing and heard nothing until after the alarm was raised on the night the crime occurred. All she could tell police was that a child was crying loudly and calling out for its father for an hour and a half two nights before the crime occurred - despite the parent's claims that they checked their  children half hourly. So yes, IMO her evidence about the actual disappearance is of little value to the P.J. - she witnessed nothing which could help them find how Madeleine disappeared from the flat on Thursday night. All her evidence does do is suggest that the McCanns left their children unchecked for a lengthy period two nights earlier and were therefore careless parents and liars. Hardly helpful to their plight!
avatar
Phoebe

Posts : 1194
Join date : 2017-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Verdi on 04.01.19 11:46

@sharonl wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@Phoebe wrote:Her information wasn't that important. All she could confirm for them was that a child had been crying and therefore unsupervised for an hour and a half two nights before Madeleine went missing.
Not important what  !?!

Actually, she made a point of saying that it was a child and not a baby of 2 or younger.

Why did she even need to specify the age of the child?  Was she just trying to say that Madeleine was alive at that point?

If one child cried for this length of time, why didn't she hear the other children too?  Wouldn't the 2 year olds have woken and joined in?
Exactly!
Exactly!
Exactly!

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 12081
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.01.19 11:47

@Phoebe wrote:@ Tony Bennett. 

With regard to Mrs. Fenn having said that the press reports were "all rubbish" well...

REST SNIPPED

@ Phoebe

Replying to the main points in your post:

PHOEBE:  “If Mrs. Fenn hadn't spoken to [the [press] and they had printed nonsense about the attempted robbery, when it occurred and what allegedly happened, then I find her comment perfectly normal”.

REPLY: Your answer remains speculation, a guess. Perhaps the most relevant question is this: was there an attempted robbery at all?” I’m afraid that just because there is a brief reference to an alleged robbery in her statement is no proof whatsoever that it happened. Consider again that:

1 She gives no detail about this alleged robbery   
2 She does not say if she previously reported it to the police
3 The conflicting claims in the media about when this burglary is supposed to have happened, what actually happened, and whether she reported it to the police at all, immediately suggest that this is a fabricated event.  

PHOEBE: “Mrs Fenn cannot be held responsible for the timing of her police interview. It is clear from her statement of August 20th that there had already been contact between her family and the police and that her niece Carol Tranmer had already, at that stage, spoken to the police”.

REPLY:  I’m afraid you have made a key assumption here for which there is no evidence. You say: “Mrs Fenn cannot be held responsible for the timing of her police interview”. What is the evidence that the police called her in for interview?  The evidence is the other way around. We have the evidence from the British media reports of 18 and 19 August about what she was going to say in her statement. She had not made any statement yet. She made it on 20 August. The point is that whoever provided the British media with broadly correct details about what she was going to say, must have known in advance what she was likely to tell the Portuguese police.

The press must have had this information on or before 17 August. Who supplied it to them? I think the chief suspect is Clarence Mitchell, is it not? Remember the context here. In the first two weeks of August 2007, there were numerous stories in the British and Portuguese press about cadaver dogs, blood, DNA evidence etc. These took hold after Martin Grime and his dogs had been to Praia da Luz at the very end of August. The McCann Team needed stories in the media to counteract these alarming reports.

By the way, you mentioned Carol Tranmner. ‘Verdi’ upthread was absolutely spot on to say that Mrs Fenn’s evidence should be weighed together with that of Carole Tranmer. For starters, the two disagree about whether she was present when the alleged burglary is supposed to have happened.          

PHOEBE: “It is not unreasonable to believe that the P.J. had already spoken to Mrs Fenn well before they invited her in to give her official statement on August 20th '07. She lived directly above the crime scene after all, and was at home when the alleged crime occurred!”

REPLY: I agree that it is overwhelmingly likely that during the 24 hours after the reported disappearance of Madeleine the Portuguese police visited Mrs Fenn along with all other near neighbours of the McCanns. However, there is zero evidence that she made any statement to them at the time. That is curious IF (a) there really had been a crying incident and (b) IF there really had been a recent burglary. All this tends to suggest that her statement of 20 August was concocted at the instigation of others, mostly likely the McCann Team.    

PHOEBE: “Nor can I see how her claim to have heard Madeleine crying is anything but detrimental to the McCanns' cause”.

REPLY: I would have thought this was obvious! Her statement appeared to ‘prove’ that Madeleine was alive on the evening of Tuesday 1 May. It also conveniently put an alleged ‘burglar’ into the frame, thus paving the way for a succession of ‘burglary gone wrong’ claims from the McCann Team and Operation Grange.      

____________________

Kate McCann, in her book 'madeleine', page 5: "Since 3 May 2007, there has undoubtedly been much going on behind the scenes we haven't known about and perhaps never will".  Gonçalo Amaral: "We will know the truth about what happened to Madeleine when the MI5 files on her case are made public".   

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15331
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 71
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.01.19 11:51

@Verdi wrote:
@sharonl wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@Phoebe wrote:Her information wasn't that important. All she could confirm for them was that a child had been crying and therefore unsupervised for an hour and a half two nights before Madeleine went missing.
Not important what  !?!

Actually, she made a point of saying that it was a child and not a baby of 2 or younger.

Why did she even need to specify the age of the child?  Was she just trying to say that Madeleine was alive at that point?

If one child cried for this length of time, why didn't she hear the other children too?  Wouldn't the 2 year olds have woken and joined in?
Exactly!
Exactly!
Exactly!

+1

It would be hard to think of a more contrived statement than that the child she heard crying for 75 minutes was a child of "more than two years of age".

Who put those contrived words into her mouth?

____________________

Kate McCann, in her book 'madeleine', page 5: "Since 3 May 2007, there has undoubtedly been much going on behind the scenes we haven't known about and perhaps never will".  Gonçalo Amaral: "We will know the truth about what happened to Madeleine when the MI5 files on her case are made public".   

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15331
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 71
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Phoebe on 04.01.19 12:29

Many of us parents have had the gruesome experience of a child who sleeps badly and cries often during the night. Personally, I spent over two years with one of mine who, nightly, kept each parent up in turn. The rest of the family slept on. However, I will admit that the crying child was in his own room! We have only the McCanns word that all 3 children occupied the same bedroom and the cleaner's testimony seems to contradict this. I find it perfectly credible that the twins, aged just over two, on the go all day without naps, might not awaken if their sister was crying, especially if she was in a different room.
A child with the energy to cry loudly for 75 mins and call out to a parent would strike me (if I were to hear such a thing) as likely to be older. Again, if Mrs. Fenn was "put up to it" in order to prove Madeleine was alive why didn't she simply say she had seen her, preferably on Thursday. Why say she heard a crying child two nights earlier whom she could not definitively identify as Madeleine. Her evidence merely casts the McCanns as horrible, selfish parents.

Edited to add - in her official statement of August 20th 07 Mrs. Fenn clearly states that her niece had, by August 20th '07 already spoken to the police. I would be astonished if Mrs. Fenn herself had not also been spoken to before her official statement.
From Pamela Fenn's statement Aug 20th '07 -


"On the 3rd May she received a visit from her niece Carole during the morning, who said that when she was on her terrace she saw a male individual looking into the McCanns apartment, situation WHICH HAS BEEN TOLD TO THE POLICE, HER FAMILY MEMBER EVEN MADE A PHOTO FIT" (my capitals)
avatar
Phoebe

Posts : 1194
Join date : 2017-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by aquila on 04.01.19 12:51

Comparing the norm of responsible parenting with one's own experience in this instance is to buy the abduction theory.
aquila
aquila

Posts : 9122
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by aquila on 04.01.19 14:06

I don't believe the Fenn extravaganza anymore than I believe the Smith sighting to have any credibility.
aquila
aquila

Posts : 9122
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Verdi on 04.01.19 15:08

When questioned by police the following day, Friday 4th May 2007, Kate McCann had the presence of mind to tell them of a fleeting conversation with her daughter at breakfast that previous morning, during which Madeleine had asked her mother why she had not come to her room 'when the twins were crying'.

She thought it important to mention as it might have been evidence of a prowler, but, as she later stated .... 'if Madeleine hadn't been abducted we'd never have thought of that comment again'.

This version of the truth changed direction of course - according to the prevailing wind !!!

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 12081
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Verdi on 04.01.19 15:22

@Phoebe wrote:We have only the McCanns word that all 3 children occupied the same bedroom and the cleaner's testimony seems to contradict this. I find it perfectly credible that the twins, aged just over two, on the go all day without naps, might not awaken if their sister was crying, especially if she was in a different room.
All the cleaner said was there was a cot in the bedroom occupied by the parents - it you look carefully at the cleaner's witness statement you will see that the reference to the cot is not time/day specific.  According to David Payne, after their arrival at the Ocean Club, he helped the McCanns put-up a cot.  The various accounts of the provision of cots varies from witness to witness.

Apart from that, even if Madeleine was sleeping in separate romm to the twins, the idea that one or the other wouldn't be wakened by another crying is inconceivable.  This is a bog basic holiday apartment we're talking about - not Hampton Court.



Thinking about it logically, there can beno reasonable explanation as to why the parents would need to deceive or lie about the children's sleeping arrangment.

This is just flying in the face of all the compelling evidence that suggests Madeleine 'disappeared' long before the night of Thursday 3rd May 2007.  No Madeleine = no Madeleine crying.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 12081
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.01.19 16:24

@Verdi wrote:When questioned by police the following day, Friday 4th May 2007, Kate McCann had the presence of mind to tell them of a fleeting conversation with her daughter at breakfast that previous morning, during which Madeleine had asked her mother why she had not come to her room 'when the twins were crying'.

She thought it important to mention as it might have been evidence of a prowler, but, as she later stated .... 'if Madeleine hadn't been abducted we'd never have thought of that comment again'.

This version of the truth changed direction of course - according to the prevailing wind !!!
If, as some think, Madeleine died on Sunday, they had four whole days to come up with...

1 Jane Tanner's fake sighting

2 Nuno Lourenco's fake abductor (Mr Krokowski)

3 A fake sighting of the McCanns at Sagres beach on the Sunday or Monday

4 A fake 'break-in' scenario...shutters jemmied open etc

5 A fake checking regime on the evening of Thursday 3rd 

6 A fake crying incident

7 A fake meeting between David Payne and Kate McCann at 6.30pm on Thursday 3rd

8 A fake high tea with Cat Baker at 5.30pm on Thursday 3rd

9 Fake EXIF data claiming the Last Photo was taken on Thursday not the Sunday

10 A fake story about who took the disputed 'Tennis Balls Photo' and when

11 A fake reason for booking the Tapas restaurant

12 A fake reason for getting Robert Murat over to Praia da Luz

13 A fake set of 2 CDs purporting to be a record of all their holiday photos...

...and so on

____________________

Kate McCann, in her book 'madeleine', page 5: "Since 3 May 2007, there has undoubtedly been much going on behind the scenes we haven't known about and perhaps never will".  Gonçalo Amaral: "We will know the truth about what happened to Madeleine when the MI5 files on her case are made public".   

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15331
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 71
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by sharonl on 04.01.19 16:44

Good question Verdi

Why would the McCanns need to lie about the sleeping arrangements?

If Madeleine had disappeared from the apartment on May 3rd as they claim, there would be no need to lie about the sleeping arrangements.

However, if Madeleine disappeared earlier and all the remaining children were being cared for in one apartment as had been suggested by the investigators, one of the Tapas friends being away from the table each night to babysit, then the McCanns would need to lie about the sleeping arrangements.  They could hardly claim that Madeleine was abducted from another apartment with 8 other children and an adult. So it had to be that the she was abducted from 5A when the McCanns were out.  The whole story including the sleeping arrangements would then be a lie.   Does this explain the lack of DNA in the apartment and the claim that the bed had not been slept in?

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron
sharonl
sharonl


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-12-29

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Phoebe on 04.01.19 18:51

@Verdi wrote:
@Phoebe wrote:We have only the McCanns word that all 3 children occupied the same bedroom and the cleaner's testimony seems to contradict this. I find it perfectly credible that the twins, aged just over two, on the go all day without naps, might not awaken if their sister was crying, especially if she was in a different room.
All the cleaner said was there was a cot in the bedroom occupied by the parents - it you look carefully at the cleaner's witness statement you will see that the reference to the cot is not time/day specific.  According to David Payne, after their arrival at the Ocean Club, he helped the McCanns put-up a cot.  The various accounts of the provision of cots varies from witness to witness.

Apart from that, even if Madeleine was sleeping in separate romm to the twins, the idea that one or the other wouldn't be wakened by another crying is inconceivable.  This is a bog basic holiday apartment we're talking about - not Hampton Court.



Thinking about it logically, there can beno reasonable explanation as to why the parents would need to deceive or lie about the children's sleeping arrangment.

This is just flying in the face of all the compelling evidence that suggests Madeleine 'disappeared' long before the night of Thursday 3rd May 2007.  No Madeleine = no Madeleine crying.
The cleaner Maria Julia Serafim da Silva's statement reads as follows -


"She remembers that when she entered Apartment A on the Wednesday, the parents were inside. After being duly authorized, she entered and carried out her work, because they were already on their way out. While she was in the apartment, there were no children there, and she supposed that they were in the creche. While performing her work, she remembers having noticed that the couple was sleeping in the room located opposite the entrance, where she confirmed the presence of a child's bed (crib)"


IMO it couldn't be any clearer that she is saying that she saw a cot in the parent's room on Wednesday May 2nd.


I think there is a very good reason why the McCanns might lie about the children's sleeping arrangements. They claim that Madeleine was abducted from the front bedroom and that the windows and shutter of this bedroom were open. They could not claim that Madeleine had been taken from the rear bedroom and that the windows and shutter of THIS room were open to facilitate the abduction since Matt could not but have noticed this fact on his 9.30 pm check when he entered by the patio doors beside said window. Kate too would have noticed this before entering the apartment for he 10 p.m. check. 
Given that the cleaner was there when the cots first arrived and were set up she obviously was referring to a change of cot positioning on a day other than the first day when the apartment was prepared for the family.


She remembers that when preparing this apartment, she had just been notified that the apartment was to be occupied by 5 (five) people; she was unaware of children in the group. However, at the exact moment when she and her colleague DTNA were preparing the room, personnel from the company MARK WARNER entered the apartment and proceeded to place two children's beds. It was at this moment that they learned that children would be sleeping in the apartment. "
avatar
Phoebe

Posts : 1194
Join date : 2017-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Verdi on 04.01.19 20:52

@Phoebe wrote:The cleaner Maria Julia Serafim da Silva's statement reads as follows -

"She remembers that when she entered Apartment A on the Wednesday, the parents were inside. After being duly authorized, she entered and carried out her work, because they were already on their way out. While she was in the apartment, there were no children there, and she supposed that they were in the creche. While performing her work, she remembers having noticed that the couple was sleeping in the room located opposite the entrance, where she confirmed the presence of a child's bed (crib)"

IMO it couldn't be any clearer that she is saying that she saw a cot in the parent's room on Wednesday May 2nd.

It's the presentation of the translation that makes appear so.  If you regard the actual document written in Portuguese you will see there is a break between the comment about her entering apartment 5a on the Wednesday and the comment about the presence of a crib.

Lines 29-32 and then lines 33-40


____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 12081
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Verdi on 04.01.19 21:01

@Phoebe wrote:I think there is a very good reason why the McCanns might lie about the children's sleeping arrangements. They claim that Madeleine was abducted from the front bedroom and that the windows and shutter of this bedroom were open. They could not claim that Madeleine had been taken from the rear bedroom and that the windows and shutter of THIS room were open to facilitate the abduction since Matt could not but have noticed this fact on his 9.30 pm check when he entered by the patio doors beside said window. Kate too would have noticed this before entering the apartment for he 10 p.m. check.

Indeed!  It would be so much easier to say Madeleine was taken from our (the parent's) bedroom, through the patio door we left unlocked for our communal child checking arrangement.  Thus eliminating the need for forced shutters and open window and feigned checking by their friend/s.


Did Madeleine sleep in a cot?

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 12081
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Verdi on 04.01.19 21:06

David Payne's rogatory interview 11th April 2008 - transcript

1485 "If you can remember talking to anybody to the time you went to bed.'


Reply "Mm, err I think one of the things that I remember is there was difficulties you know we was trying to get the cots situation sorted out and I can't remember, I mean I've thought about this when, you know because I went into Kate and Gerry's apartment right, you know from the beginning to sort out one of the cots because I don't think they, you know, there was a spare one they, they'd had or just to work that out, but err you know during, during the day as I say I, its such a long time ago and all I can remember is we were you know excited, we were going into one person's apartment, having a chat and seeing where they'd been, err you know but I must admit I can't give any detail really err regarding exactly who we chatted to or what, the rest of that day. Err you know we, you know we all went err to Millennium, again I, whether it was the Saturday night or the Sunday night I'm not, I can't recall.'

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 12081
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Verdi on 04.01.19 21:10

The travel cots we’d requested for Sean and Amelie had been placed in the back bedroom. As there were full-length patio doors here, too, and it was bigger and brighter, we decided to put the three children in the front bedroom, knowing they’d only be using their room to sleep in, and to take this one ourselves.

We removed the cots and shoved the twin beds together. In the other room, we pushed the beds further apart, positioning each against a wall, to make room for the cots, which we placed in between them.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 12081
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by sharonl on 04.01.19 22:44

There was a request for an extra cot either in the original booking or very early on in the holiday.  The document is available in the files.  We are also told that there was a change of bedroom from the start.

But, why did David Payne need to install the cot?

There may have been a number of reasons for requesting an extra cot including:

1 perfectly innocent - in case one of the children were restless during the night ( not to disturb the others).

2 To accommodate other children when it was the McCanns turn to babysit

3 If Madeleine was gone before the cot was ordered, was part of the props for the original staging of the abduction?

They claim to have swapped bedrooms - did they really?

Whichever way you look at it, Madeleine's DNA was found nowhere in the apartment so she couldn't have been there.  An abduction was staged with a false claim that she was taken from a bed?

Madeleine was 4, she would not have slept in a cot anyway.

How relevant is the issue of this extra cot when Madeleine doesn't seem to have slept in the apartment at all?

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron
sharonl
sharonl


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-12-29

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 REASONS WHICH SUGGEST THAT PAMELA FENN DID NOT HEAR ANY CHILD CRYING ON TUESDAY 1 MAY 2007

Post by Verdi on 04.01.19 23:49

So much of this illusion is about timing,  not the Team McCann fictive timelines but real time as in the aftermath and the long term strategy - the wider agenda.

1.  Pamela Fenn's witness statement - 22nd August 2007

2.  Martin Smith's alert - 20th September 2007.   Not 9th September when he claims to have watched the television footage of the Mcanns return to the UK but 11 days later.

Following the disturbing visit and forensic inspection by the magnificent duo, Eddie and Keela on  6th/7th August 2007, things started to look very awkward for Messrs McCann.  By their own admission they began plans for a return to England despite previously saying they would never leave without their daughter Madeleine.  Within the same period, the government Media Monitoring Unit director Clarence Mitchell,  resigned his position to take up permanent employment representing the McCanns full-time. 

It is not known exactly when Brian Kennedy, the double glazing magnate, was engaged as their wealthy benefactor and ring leader but it was publicly announced during the same period of time - August/September/October 2007.

Curiously, again during this same period, Pamela Fenn gave her first official witness statement and Martin Smith not only publicly refuted reports about his original witness statement taken in May 2007 (August 2007), many days after the event but also in September 2007 he resurfaces with yet another surprise claim.  Not, I hasten to add, on 9th September 2007 when he claims to have watched television footage of the McCanns hasty return the the UK but eleven days later.

August and September 2007 was a very  significant time for Team McCann .... followed closely by Dr Amaral's removal from the case at the beginning of October 2007 .... the McCanns request for re-interview of named key witnesses by rogatory (in their favour) in October 2007 .... the Rothley Court Hotel meeting in November 2007 .... a media blitz in December 2007 .... new and revamped witness sightings pioneered by Brian Kennedy and representative in January 2008 .... the rogatory interviews in April 2008.

As they say, time is of the essence.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t15551-bearing-false-witness#391176

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 12081
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum