The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Facebook to start sending missing children alerts Mm11

Facebook to start sending missing children alerts Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Facebook to start sending missing children alerts Mm11

Facebook to start sending missing children alerts Regist10

Facebook to start sending missing children alerts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Facebook to start sending missing children alerts Empty Facebook to start sending missing children alerts

Post by Jill Havern 16.09.15 22:17

Facebook to start sending missing children alerts

Facebook to start sending missing children alerts Amber%20alert%20kate%20top
Image Shutterstock

Facebook has announced a new Amber Alert scheme, which aims to use the power of social media to help find missing children.
Facebook is to start sending missing child alerts in the UK to people who may be able to help.
The missing child posts will appear high on News Feeds and be targeted at members in the areas where police are searching.
When a child goes missing in the UK, posts will be sent out including a photo of the child, where they disappeared and any other relevant information, such as details of any suspected vehicle.
It is hoped that more people who may be able to help will be alerted quickly.
The scheme is backed by Kate McCann, whose daughter Madeleine went missing in 2003 and has still not been found.
She told The Sun:
[Facebook's] involvement will mean millions more people will be alerted.

The more people who see these alerts, the more likely we will be able to save children’s lives.
The scheme was launched after a growing trend over recent years for Facebook members to share posts about missing children.
Facebook to start sending missing children alerts Amber%20alertsImage Facebook
Facebook have said that the missing child alerts will be shown as the second item in users' News Feeds and will be issued only if a child is believed to be at 'serious risk' of harm.
The scheme starts from today (16th September 2015).
The extent of the search area will be determined by police. In some cases it will be a village and surrounding land, in others the whole of the UK.
The move has been welcomed by the UK's National Crime Agencey.
Sherri McAra, a tactical analyst for the NCA's Missing Persons Bureau, said:
When a child goes missing, public awareness is a vital tool.

Facebook's support of Child Rescue Alert will not only enable an even larger number of people to be reached quickly - it means we can target the alert to greater effect by focussing on a specific search area.

http://www.netmums.com/your-child/facebook-to-start-sending-missing-children-alerts

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41059

Back to top Go down

Facebook to start sending missing children alerts Empty Re: Facebook to start sending missing children alerts

Post by PeterMac 17.09.15 8:09

Went missing in 2003 ! Before she was born ?
Media really on the ball, yet again.

Incidentally on Sky they said that 600 (I think - if not, some low number like that) were reported missing each year.
A far cry from one every three minutes, quarter of a million a year - Please give generously, we need £1.7m for our wages bill . . .
They didn't say that 598 are found within the hour
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Facebook to start sending missing children alerts Empty Face Book used as amber alert for missing children

Post by willowthewisp 17.09.15 11:41

Hi PeterMac,
Who owns Face Book or founder of it one Rupert Murdoch, (My Space) how involved with Madeleine McCann's disappearance are Rupert's team involved, Sky news, Martin **nt, Rebekah Brooks, Dodgy Dave, Sky deal BSkyB on Rupert's private yacht and the book deal for the McCanns, Leveson inquiry, not suspects?
The clear and open chastisement on Sky of the identity of Mrs Brenda Leyland, dossier handed to Bernard Hogan Howe by the family?
So who is running Operation Grange, Downing Street or Rupert's special associations?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Facebook to start sending missing children alerts Empty Re: Facebook to start sending missing children alerts

Post by sallypelt 17.09.15 11:50

Have a look at these. There is a thread on this Forum, somewhere.

Take a look at what it is all about.

http://www.thecatenians.co.uk/

This organisation stretches to every corner of the globe. Take a look at what they stand for, and the requirements of this organisation. Fatima, charity work etc. 

Ohh. and let's not forget that Gerry and Kate McCann were "guests of honour" at the Centenians' Burn's Night.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptic 17.09.15 17:44

willowthewisp wrote:Hi Petermac,
Who owns face Book or founder of it one Rupert Murdoch,(My Space) how involved with Madeleine McCann's disappearance are Ruperts team involved,Sky news,Martin **nt,Rebekah Brooks,Dodgy Dave, Sky deal BSSkyb on Rupert's private yacht and the book deal for the McCanns,Leveson inquiry, not suspects?
The clear and open chastisement on Sky of the Identity of Mrs Brenda Leyland,Dossier handed to Bernard Hogan Howe by the family?
So who is running Operation Grange,Downing Street or Rupert's special associations?
I dont think Rupert Murdoch has anything to do with Facebook -
Sceptic

Activity : 311

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamming 18.09.15 15:29

Over the last few years I have seen a large number of posts on facebook re missing children/adults (and pets!), as I am sure most users of it have. These tend to put out by friends/relatives or the local police and then shared, shared, shared..... Thankfully in the main the missing folk are found safe and sound.

It works.

There was an instance yesterday where Kent Police put an alert on facebook about concern over a missing 15 year old and she was found later that day

I'm not saying what they are doing is a bad thing here, quite the opposite, but so effing what it is backed by Kate McCann
Jamming
Jamming

Activity : 133

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 18.09.15 16:03

Jamming wrote:Over the last few years I have seen a large number of posts on facebook re missing children/adults (and pets!), as I am sure most users of it have. These tend to put out by friends/relatives or the local police and then shared, shared, shared..... Thankfully in the main the missing folk are found safe and sound.
It works.
There was an instance yesterday where Kent Police put an alert on facebook about concern over a missing 15 year old and she was found later that day
I am sorry but this whole thing is classic Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacious reasoning.
We need to examine the causal link between the posting and the finding.
IF someone who had seen the facebook entry went out into the street to Search (now there's a ludicrous thought. No one would ever do that, surely)
AND found the missing teenager,
THEN we might begin to link the two events.
I have no doubt Kent police did lots of other things, washed cars, made tea, and she was found later that day.

Luckily Missing People, Amber Alert and all the rest do not understand logic - so please give generously.
Our CEO is paid 90,000 per annum and some children are found.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamming 18.09.15 16:26

PeterMac wrote:
Jamming wrote:Over the last few years I have seen a large number of posts on facebook re missing children/adults (and pets!), as I am sure most users of it have. These tend to put out by friends/relatives or the local police and then shared, shared, shared..... Thankfully in the main the missing folk are found safe and sound.
It works.
I am sorry but this whole thing is classic Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacious reasoning.
We need to examine the causal link between the posting and the finding.
IF someone who had seen the facebook entry went out into the street to Search (now there's a ludicrous thought. No one would ever do that, surely)
AND found the missing teenager,
THEN we might begin to link the two events.
I have no doubt Kent police did lots of other things, washed cars, made tea, and she was found later that day.

Luckily Missing People, Amber Alert and all the rest do not understand logic - so please give generously.
Our CEO is paid 90,000 per annum and some children are found.

I have no idea if anyone went out into the street to search directly as a result yesterday (family members don't do that apparently do they ?), but people do tend to keep an eye out for a missing person if they have been made aware and have a recent and good enough description, particularly if it's in their local community

As far as I am aware there is also no claimed direct link between the announcement i referenced and her being found, she most likely just came home...

I guess what I was trying to say is this whole process, that Mrs McCann has been wheeled out to endorse, already happens
Jamming
Jamming

Activity : 133

Back to top Go down

Facebook to start sending missing children alerts Empty Face Book to start missing persons

Post by willowthewisp 18.09.15 17:55

Sceptic wrote:
willowthewisp wrote:Hi Petermac,
Who owns face Book or founder of it one Rupert Murdoch,(My Space) how involved with Madeleine McCann's disappearance are Ruperts team involved,Sky news,Martin **nt,Rebekah Brooks,Dodgy Dave, Sky deal BSSkyb on Rupert's private yacht and the book deal for the McCanns,Leveson inquiry, not suspects?
The clear and open chastisement on Sky of the Identity of Mrs Brenda Leyland,Dossier handed to Bernard Hogan Howe by the family?
So who is running Operation Grange,Downing Street or Rupert's special associations?
I dont think Rupert Murdoch has anything to do with Facebook -
Hi Sceptic,
Rupert Murdoch through his business empire had inherited "MY Space" as a rival to Face Book and I believe My Space is associated to the latest Face Book server set up.
Isn't it funny how the McCann family unit claim not to peruse the internet, due to the amount of unfair criticism directed to their family, yet have a very close cosey relationship with Rebekah Brooks,aka Leveson Inquiry, the inquiry where they were not suspects in Portugal?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 18.09.15 18:55

Jamming wrote:
I guess what I was trying to say is this whole process, that Mrs McCann has been wheeled out to endorse, already happens
Well quite. Good point.
Just as the Amber Alert extension into Europe was absolutely NOTHING to do with the McCanns. It had been planned for years.
They just shoe-horned themselves into it.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi1967 18.09.15 19:55

I'm not aware of the Murdoch/FB thing either . However for a long time now I have thought that this whole affair/charade/scam/hoax ...or whatever else you prefer to call it links to Murdoch.
sammi1967

Activity : 44

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top