The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Who killed JonBenet Ramsay?

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who killed JonBenet Ramsey?

Post by Newt Fink-Nottle on 10.07.14 21:08

My opinion:

There was no evidence of a break in or attempted abduction. Someone at the house committed the murder.

There was a ransom letter which was written with pen an paper from the house. Why would someone leave a ransom letter AND a body? it makes no sense to me. I think the letter was written to give the killer time to get the body out of the house before the other members of the family could react. We would have a missing child case.

Patsy called the police immediately upon finding the letter. This act makes me think that Patsy had nothing to do with JonBenet's death. Why would she write the letter AND call the police? Even if she knew what had happened, why call the police?

If their son had done something that killed JonBenet, why not admit the truth immediately? He was 9 at the time. Also, wouldn't Patsy have known their son did it? So, again, why would she call the police before they had a chance to move the body?

I think it's a straight forward case of a child being murdered by a parent. Unfortunately, the parents were given special handling and the investigation was botched...sound familiar?
Newt Fink-Nottle

Back to top Go down

Re: Who killed JonBenet Ramsay?

Post by Hobs on 11.07.14 1:03

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/patsy-ramsey-interview-analyzed.html

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/patsy-ramsey-police-interview-part-one.html

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/the-ramsey-interview-on-cnn.html

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/det-steve-thomas-and-ramseys.html

There are also lots of information on cases that are currently active such as the Cooper Harris dying in a hot car, still missing people as well as older cold cases such as Hailey Dunn, David Hartley and many others as well as educational topics and tutorials

Researcher/Analyst

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 11.07.14 6:18

@Newt Fink-Nottle wrote:My opinion:

There was no evidence of a break in or attempted abduction. Someone at the house committed the murder.

There was a ransom letter which was written with pen an paper from the house. Why would someone leave a ransom letter AND a body? it makes no sense to me. I think the letter was written to give the killer time to get the body out of the house before the other members of the family could react. We would have a missing child case.

Patsy called the police immediately upon finding the letter. This act makes me think that Patsy had nothing to do with JonBenet's death. Why would she write the letter AND call the police? Even if she knew what had happened, why call the police?

If their son had done something that killed JonBenet, why not admit the truth immediately? He was 9 at the time. Also, wouldn't Patsy have known their son did it? So, again, why would she call the police before they had a chance to move the body?

I think it's a straight forward case of a child being murdered by a parent. Unfortunately, the parents were given special handling and the investigation was botched...sound familiar?

Welcome Spink-Bottle! (Aunt Dahlia's version) .  laughat 

I can see Patsy calling the police, having prepared the scene as it were. Even though it makes no sense to most people.
At the time of calling the police it was officially a matter of a missing girl and a ransom note.
How they thought to explain  the body is beyond me. Perhaps they did not think the house would be searched, something went wrong and the body had to be left in the house when the plan was to move it.
Wasn't it the case that it snowed?  Might that have been a problem?

They exploited the poor little girl and  she'd been abused as well, in short they treated her as a piece of property rather than a child.

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.07.14 9:44

Lovely name Newt Fink-Nottle!  welcome 

As regards the note, it wasn't proved conclusively that Patsy wrote it but the writing did resemble hers.

To me, there's no doubt that she and her husband were involved but there are baffling elements to the case such as already mentioned why the body was not removed from the house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Marvel on 11.07.14 13:37

Hi !

About Patsys 911 call,

The reason I think Patsy called when she did was they had to be at the airport at a certain time.
They were due to meet up with John's older kids then fly on to the other home, which had all been pre-decorated ready for a second 'Christmas' with all the kids together.

They had the plane & pilot waiting so they HAD to have been up & about.
Everyone knew of their plans so they couldn't have suddenly changed them without suspicion.
I think even calling when she did they were cutting it very close.
Professor Marvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Marvel on 11.07.14 14:56

@Woofer wrote:Thank you Professor Marvel.

Yes, the last time I took an interest was when that Lacy woman forgave the Ramseys (which I see now she should not have done.

*I always thought it was the brother.*

I`ll try and keep up this time.
JonBenet Ramsey Case: James Kolar, Former Leading Investigator Rejects Intruder Theory In New Book

(this was from 2012)

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1687905

The former detective had access to 60,000 pages of evidence, including crime-scene video and photos, interviews with individuals related to the case and forensic reports.

Among the contradicting evidence Kolar points out in his book are fully intact cobwebs stretching over the window the intruder allegedly entered, more DNA evidence found at the crime scene including DNA on the garrote cord used to strangle the young girl.

In his book, *Kolar also writes about a child's toy that was found that may have been responsible for some of the abrasions on JonBenet's body, rather than a stun gun* which had been considered a possible source of the injuries to her back,

"By the time I parted company with the D.A.'s office, I was convinced that there was no significant possibility that an intruder had been involved in the death of JonBenet," Kolar writes in his book.

*Loads of previously unknown info. in Kolars book which gives new insight into what was going on in that household.

I must point out that Kolar doesn't actually state WHO killed Jonbenet !
Professor Marvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 26.02.15 8:41

No one will ever be convicted of Jon Benet Ramsey's murder, says lead detective as he admits cops made a string of 'big mistakes'

•   Mark Beckner, the former chief of the Boulder Police Department, took part in an 'Ask Me Anything' session on Reddit on Saturday
•   He has since said he didn't know he was speaking on a public forum but had tried to be honest; the current police chief has not taken issue with it
•   Beckner, 59, joined the Ramsey case nine months after she was found killed in her parents' basement alongside a ransom note in 1996
•   He said the case was mishandled because of a lack of staff over Christmas; he added that the parents should have been interviewed immediately
•   He also described the peculiarities of the case, such as how the murder was staged as a kidnapping, and how the DA made their job even harder
•    
By LYDIA WARREN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM and ASSOCIATED PRESS
PUBLISHED: 22:21, 25 February 2015 | UPDATED: 02:06, 26 February 2015

The former Colorado police chief who led the investigation into the murder of six-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey has admitted that officers botched the initial handling of the crime scene.
Mark Beckner, former chief of the Boulder Police Department, gave his most extensive comments on the case to date in an 'Ask Me Anything' session on Reddit on Saturday. But he has since said that he had no idea he was speaking on a public forum, and that he regretted his 'naivete'.
'I talked to the organizer, and my impression was that this was a members-only type group that talked about unsolved mysteries all around the world,' Beckner, 59, told the Daily Camera.
Ramsey was found dead in the basement of her family's home on December 26, 1996, hours after her mother, Patsy Ramsey, called 911 to say her daughter was missing and a ransom note demanding $118,000 had been found.

Although no one has ever been charged, suspicion has long fallen on her parents, Patsy and John, but there was not enough evidence to bring charges against them and they were ultimately cleared.

On the Reddit forum, Beckner, who joined the investigation nine months after JonBenet's death, said on the day JonBenet's body was found, police should have separated the couple to get full statements from them.
The case was initially mishandled due to a 'perfect storm type scenario', he wrote.
'It was the Christmas holiday and we were short staffed, we faced a situation as I said earlier that no one in the country had ever seen before or since, and there was confusion at the scene as people were arriving before we had enough personnel on the scene,' he wrote online. 
'I wish we would have done a much better job of securing and controlling the crime scene on day one. We also should have separated John and Patsy and gotten full statements from them that day. 
'Letting them go was a big mistake, as they soon lawyered up and we did not get to formally interview them again until May of 1997, five months after their daughter was murdered.' 

No one has ever been prosecuted in the case, and Ramsey said he doubt anyone ever would be. 
'[I] do not believe anyone will ever be convicted in the Ramsey case,' he told Reddit users.
Court documents released in 2013 showed that a grand jury recommended indictments against the Ramseys, contrary to the long-held perception that the secret panel ended their work in 1999 without deciding to charge anyone. 
The documents revealed that the parents had been indicted for felony child abuse resulting in death and accessory to the crimes of first-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death - but that then-District Attorney Alex Hunter had refused to sign the indictments.
At the time, Hunter didn't mention an indictment, saying only that there wasn't enough evidence to warrant charges against the Ramseys, who had long maintained their innocence. 
On the forum, Beckner touched upon the trouble his department had experienced with the Boulder District Attorney's office under Hunter.
'DA involvement in this case was inappropriate,' he said. 'They interfered in the investigation by being roadblocks to getting things done.'
Patsy passed away from cancer in 2006, and two years later, former District Attorney Mary Lacy cleared the Ramseys of any role in their daughter's death, based on DNA evidence that pointed to the involvement of a third party.
Beckner would not say who he believed might be responsible for the killing - 'there are several viable theories' - but he did say that investigators did not believe there was a 'legitimate point of entry' for an intruder to get into the house that night.
He said that the girl was hit hard across the head and then, after it was clear that she had not died, she was strangled between 45 minutes and two hours later, based on her brain swelling.
'The rest of the scene we believe was staged, including the vaginal trauma, to make it look like a kidnapping/assault gone bad,' he said. 

He added that they came across evidence that would indicate the girl had suffered prior sexual abuse.
After an apparent sexual abuse the night of the murder, the killer then dressed her - which caused one Redditor to note: 'I guess there wasn't a time problem for the killer'.
Beckner added: 'The killer also took the time to find a pad and sharpie pen, write a 2.5 page ransom note, fashion a garrote and choke her with it, then wrap her in a blanket with one of her favorite nightgowns and place her in a storage room in the basement. He/she/they then neatly put the pad and pen away and escaped without leaving much evidence.' 
He added that the FBI told the police they had never known of a 2.5-page note and had never had a case where the body was found in the same place as the ransom note.
When police turned up at the home, they found Mrs Ramsey's tone with them 'very strange'.
'The officers also noticed the how distant John and Patsy seemed to be toward each other,' he said.
Beckner, who was named police chief of Boulder in 1998 before retiring in April last year, is now teaching several law enforcement classes online through Norwich University in Vermont, and said he would consider writing an autobiography about his career. 

Despite his misgivings about speaking out on Reddit, he said he believed he had spoken honestly and fairly to readers, the Daily Camera reported.
'I think the only thing I would emphasize is that the unknown DNA (from JonBenet's clothing) is very important,' he told the newspaper. 'And I'm not involved any more, but that has got to be the focus of the investigation. In my opinion, at this point, that's your suspect.'
Current Boulder police Chief Greg Testa told the Daily Camera that he did not know Beckner was going to discuss the case online.
'I learned about it by seeing it posted online,' Testa said. 'I didn't read it line for line, but Mark understands the nature of that investigation, and certainly wouldn't do anything to compromise it.'
He added that the investigation remains open and whenever they receive new tips in the case, they are investigated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2969242/Detective-Jon-Benet-Ramsay-s-murder-completes-Reddit-AMA.html

Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 07.03.16 16:12

Not sure if this has been posted before but it is very interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.03.16 14:20

This came up last year:

This came up last year. It says she was alive for at least 45 minutes after being struck in the head, then strangled. Time enough for whoever did it to run upstairs and decide what to do. The former Chief also believes that evidence of sexual assault was 'staged'.

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 15.04.16 11:53

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 15.04.16 12:09

The private investigator is probably working to a specific remit as in, you can look at everyone and everything except us as parents and buerk.
You can only investigate this as homicide by stranger.

He will also have signed a gagging clause so that anything he found that pointed to a family member committing the crime cannot be made public in any way shape or form.

He certainly isn't going to be hired by john ramsey to then point the accusing finger at the parents.
He isn't going to say "My client is the one who killed her/ knows who killed her"

Researcher/Analyst

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

High-profile forensic psychiatrist, who raised suspicions about JonBenet Ramsey's family during her murder investigation, is shot dead outside his off

Post by Jill Havern on 03.06.18 8:06

High-profile forensic psychiatrist, who raised suspicions about JonBenet Ramsey's family during her murder investigation, is shot dead outside his office

The forensic psychiatrist who assisted in the investigations into the death of American child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey has been shot dead outside his office.
Dr. Steven Pitt, 59, helped investigate the high profile 1996 murder case as well as a string of other killings in the Phoenix area more than a decade ago. 
In JonBenet’s case Pitt believed the pineapple found in the six-year-old’s digestive tract, which her mother denied she ate, was proof of a family cover up.

He was leaving his office when witnesses say they heard a loud argument then gunfire as he was shot on Thursday. 
His office is located near the intersection of 71st Street and Bell Road in Scottsdale, a suburb of Phoenix.
Phoenix police say Pitt was 'critically wounded' when officers first arrived on the scene, according to ABC15. 
A flyer from the police department says he was found deceased from a gunshot wound Thursday at 5:23pm.

Phoenix police spokesman Sgt. Vince Lewis says he has no information on whether the killing is connected to his work, according to Tuscon.com. 
'We are not ruling anything out, but at this point, a loud argument probably suggests they knew each other either professionally or personally,' Lewis said. 
Investigators have released a sketch of the suspect, who fled the scene.

Police describe him as a Caucasian man who is bald and was seen wearing a dark-colored hat with a short brim. 
Pitt is known for assisting in six-year-old JonBenet's death investigation after she was found brutally murdered in her Boulder, Colorado home.
The psychiatrist believed the pineapple found in JonBenet's digestive tract was a key to the investigation as it was proof she ate not long before she died. 
Her mother Patsy said that the beauty queen hadn't eaten any fruit before she went missing, however the mother's fingerprints were found on the fruit bowl, raising Pitt's suspicions towards a cover up.

'The fingerprints on the bowl or cup that were used to give JonBenét the pineapple were Patsy’s fingerprints,' Pitt formerly said to People Magazine.
'It suggests someone is not telling the truth about what happened at that home that night,' he added. 
A prosecutor later cleared her parents and brother in 2008 based on DNA evidence.
Pitt also aided in the investigation of the Baseline Killer in Phoenix in 2006, hunting down a man later convicted of killing nine people.

He also consulted in the 1999 Columbine High School shooting. 
His most recent case was on a spree of shootings in the Maryvale area that started in April where six have been shot and one victim shot last month died from their injuries this week. 
A friend of Pitt and a fellow Phoenix psychologist David Weinstock told the Arizona Republic he speculates a person connected to one of Pitt's criminal cases could be behind the shooting.
'I could be wrong, but the timing and circumstances sound a lot like someone who was waiting outside his office for him,' Weinstock said in an email. 
'I suspect this was one who either got out after Steve helped put him away or someone whose case he was working on who felt threatened about what Steve could do,' he added.

Weinstock added that he and Pitt had previously discussed the risks they face in their professions. 
Despite the potential for danger, Pitt had not filed any protective orders as per Maricopa County Superior Court records, according to AZCentral.

Pitt worked as a Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Arizona College of Medicine in Phoenix at the time of his death. 
'Dr. Pitt was beloved on this campus and went above and beyond mentoring our students and lecturing to our community,' Dean Guy Reed said in a statement in light of Pitt's death. 
He gained recognition in his career for his work in forensic psychiatric evaluations and has appeared on a myriad of news shows to talk about his investigative work on his various high profile cases.

Joann Sanchez, the center manager of the complex that houses Pitt's office, says Pitt was a close friend who she called 'The Tin Man' because he had the 'biggest heart ever'.  
Bobette Siegel, a licensed clinical social worker who also worked in the building said everyone in the complex knew Pitt.  
'It’s such a loss for his professional community, the forensic community, his family … and for me personally, she said.  

TIMELINE OF JONBENET'S MURDER

December 26, 1996
JonBenet Ramsey, 6, is found dead in the basement of her family's Boulder home, several hours after her mother called 911 to say the girl was missing and that she had found a ransom note. She suffered a fractured skull and appeared to be strangled
January 1, 1997
Patsy and John Ramsey appear in their first TV interview to protest their innocence
April 30, 1997
The couple participates in formal interviews at the Boulder County Justice Center
May 20, 1997
Mrs Ramsey, who authorities believe could have written the ransom note, gives police a fifth handwriting sample
Summer 1997
The Ramseys move from Colorado to Atlanta
March 12, 1998
Boulder police ask the DA to take the case to a grand jury
June, 1998
Boulder police present the results of their investigation to Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter's prosecuting team and outside advisers; the Ramseys are interviewed separately over three days by investigators
August 12, 1998
Authorities say the Ramsey case will go to a grand jury and the following month, it begins
October 13, 1999
The grand jury disbands and the DA announces there is not enough evidence to file charges against the couple
March 29, 2001
The Ramseys file an $80 million libel and defamation lawsuit against officers at the Boulder Police Department, who later agree to an undisclosed settlement in the case
March 31, 2003
A federal judge says evidence is 'more consistent with a theory that an intruder murdered JonBenet than it was with a theory that Mrs. Ramsey did'
December 2003
New DA confirms that DNA from a spot of blood from JonBenet's underwear has been entered into the FBI's national database - but that it's not from her family
June 24, 2006
Patsy Ramsey dies in Roswell, Georgia, at age 49, from ovarian cancer
August 16, 2006
John Mark Karr, a 41-year-old American school teacher who confessed to the crime, is arrested in Bangkok, Thailand - but his DNA does not match that found on the body
July 9, 2008
DA makes public a letter she has written to John Ramsey explaining that new DNA tests have convinced her that no member of the Ramsey family should remain under any suspicion
September 2010
Reports surface that police seek to re-interview JonBenet's brother Burke, who was nine at the time of her death, as they continue to investigate the killing
July 21, 2011
John Ramsey remarries to Jan Rousseaux, 53, a designer
June 14, 2012
James Kolar, who worked as an investigator in the DA's Office, writes in a new book that the Ramsey family 'may have been involved at least as an accessory after the fact'
October 23, 2013
Judge rules that the court will release grand jury indictment about the Ramseys
October 25, 2013
Indictment is released, revealing that in 1999 it accused the Ramseys of two counts each of child abuse resulting in death in connection to the first-degree murder of JonBenet

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/high-profile-forensic-psychiatrist-who-raised-suspicions-about-jonbenet-ramseys-family-during-her-murder-investigation-is-shot-dead-outside-his-office/ar-AAy88ii?ocid=iehp
Jill Havern

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Maddie and JonBenet - identical?

Post by pbslady on 29.06.18 7:31

JonBenet was the 6 year old girl who died on Boxing Day and it seems family did it with amateur attempt at cover up, silly ransom note...
Parents blocked police investigations...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic merged and video added.  Mod
pbslady

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 10.01.19 21:31

EXCLUSIVE: 'I killed JonBenét Ramsey!’ Convicted pedophile Gary Oliva has confessed to the murder of six-year-old pageant princess in prison letters to his friend – claiming it was 'an accident'

• Gary Oliva, 54, has long been a suspect in the murder of JonBenét Ramsey, whose body was found at her home in Boulder, Colorado on December 26, 1996 
  • In letters to high school classmate Michael Vail obtained by DailyMailTV, Oliva claims he killed JonBenét by accident
  • 'I let her slip and her head bashed in half and I watched her die. It was an accident,' he wrote from Limon Correctional Facility, Colorado
  • Oliva is serving a 10-year-sentence for possessing child pornography 
  • When Oliva was arrested in 2016, police discovered he had 335 photos of JonBenét including photos from the six-year-old's autopsy
  • Vail, 55, of Ventura, California,  has urged police to charge Oliva for JonBenét's death since Oliva is due for parole in 2020
  • Chillingly, Vail tells DailyMailTV that on December 26, 1996 Oliva told him: 'I hurt a little girl'
  • Investigators believe several men were involved in JonBenét's death and Vail hopes Oliva will identify them
  • The incriminating letters have been presented to Boulder police and murder case investigators are now looking through the new information

A longtime suspect in the murder of JonBenét Ramsey has finally admitted he killed the then six-year old beauty pageant queen, DailyMailTV can exclusively reveal.
Gary Oliva, 54, a convicted pedophile who is currently serving a 10-year sentence in a Colorado prison for child pornography, has admitted in letters obtained by DailyMailTV he killed her by accident.
Oliva, who was once jailed for trying to strangle his mother, wrote: 'I never loved anyone like I did JonBenét and yet I let her slip and her head bashed in half and I watched her die. It was an accident. Please believe me. She was not like the other kids.'
In another letter, Oliva wrote, 'JonBenét completely changed me and removed all evil from me. Just one look at her beautiful face, her glowing beautiful skin, and her divine God-body, I realized I was wrong to kill other kids. Yet by accident she died and it was my fault.' 
The letters were sent to music publicist Michael Vail, a former high school classmate of Oliva's.
Vail has suspected Oliva's involvement in JonBenét's murder for 22 years but told DailyMailTV he thinks Oliva's written confession is the proof needed to finally get Oliva charged with the crime.
The incriminating letters from Oliva have now been presented to Boulder police.
Police spokesperson Laurie Ogden told DailyMailTV, 'The Boulder Police Department is aware of and has investigated Mr. Olivas’ potential involvement in this case.
'We have passed the additional information you provided onto investigators. We will not comment on any actions or the status of this investigation.'

More here:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6555009/Pedophile-Gary-Oliva-confesses-killing-JonBen-t-Ramsey-accident.html
Jill Havern

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 11.01.19 11:54

I don't think so.

BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum