The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!


Why Madeleine Beth McCann is dead

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why Madeleine Beth McCann is dead

Post by Doug D on 02.09.15 8:58

Sorry, but a lazy ‘was/wasn’t’ sound much the same.
 
If she said and even subconciously meant ‘was’, her next sentence makes no sense.
 
‘And then I thought that had she wandered through to our bed so I went through to our room and she wasn’t there’

Doug D

Posts : 2575
Reputation : 911
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Madeleine Beth McCann is dead

Post by skyrocket on 02.09.15 9:32

@Doug D

I agree - that's why I think KM is most likely tryng to recall a 'script'. Each sentence having been rehearsed at some stage. If she was remembering an actual event incorrectly she would be consistent with the mistake in all sentences. I think she realised her mistake moments later but too late to correct the slip. Gm certainly noticed it!
avatar
skyrocket

Posts : 669
Reputation : 652
Join date : 2015-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Madeleine Beth McCann is dead

Post by skyrocket on 02.09.15 9:36

@ Tony Bennett

Can I pick your brain on a legal matter please?

Are media interviews admissable in court as evidence in the UK?



Thanks
avatar
skyrocket

Posts : 669
Reputation : 652
Join date : 2015-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Madeleine Beth McCann is dead

Post by Verdi on 02.09.15 15:36

@skyrocket wrote:@ Verdi

Hi.

This is obviously a very hotly debated point - it wasn't my intention to cause any upset.

I respect your opinion but the Spanish reporter (probably reading from a prepared script) finishes the interview with the words 'she disappeared', there is no question about that. The translation for  '.....it wasn't as bad as the night we found her', is different - the verb at the end should have been encontrar (to find). It isn't a case of complicated translation and I feel it unlikely that a translator would have made such a mistake. I accept completely that the Spanish translation does not agree with what GM is heard to say. If you take what GM says on face value then it is damning.

Despite your strong protestations I'll stick to my opinion though! Had the report not finished at exactly that point I would have been far less suspicious. I'm afraid I'm far more cynical than you, and I can quite easily believe that there are people out there who might manipulate media reports - the reason would appear fairly obvious. I'm sure there are dirty tricks going on on both sides of this affair. I feel it is less likely that GM would have made such a serious slip of the tongue; he was not under any pressure at the time.

However, having said all that, you may be right and I may well be wrong (wouldn't be the first time)! I suspect you're going to press the point about what was said 'before my eyes' but in reality, without the full original recording there is NO WAY of being certain whether the end has been clipped. Stalemate I think - shall we just agree to disagree?! yes

As I stated before - I believe something happened to MBM on 29 April. I do not believe the Mc's version of events. Not sure why I feel the need to re-iterate this just because I disagree with some of you on the above matter!!
No problem, I'm not upset by your opinion in any way shape or form - can't speak for others as I'm not aware of the subject being a hotly debated point. 

Just to clear up a couple of points, you say you 'respect my opinion' - sentiment much appreciated but this is not my opinion, it's the work of well respected people who have dedicated a heck of a lot of their time on researching this case.  I certainly don't fall into that bracket!

You say 'I'm afraid I'm far more cynical than you, and I can quite easily believe that there are people out there who might manipulate media reports - the reason would appear fairly obvious' - and then earlier today you ask..

 @ Tony Bennett

Can I pick your brain on a legal matter please?

Are media interviews admissable in court as evidence in the UK?


I think you've answered your own question don't you?

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 8349
Reputation : 3856
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Madeleine Beth McCann is dead

Post by skyrocket on 02.09.15 17:35

@ Verdi

These tit for tat discussions go nowhere but we are all free to do our own bits of 'research' aren't we?

It was a genuine inquiry to TB - just wondered what the position was with media interviews as evidence.

I'm not on here to argue - I know some people thrive on it, but I really don't. Not even sure if this was an argument!

I'm sure we'll agree on other points in the future! yes

Off to make dinner now.
avatar
skyrocket

Posts : 669
Reputation : 652
Join date : 2015-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Madeleine Beth McCann is dead

Post by Verdi on 02.09.15 23:09

@skyrocket wrote:@ Verdi

These tit for tat discussions go nowhere but we are all free to do our own bits of 'research' aren't we?

It was a genuine inquiry to TB - just wondered what the position was with media interviews as evidence.

I'm not on here to argue - I know some people thrive on it, but I really don't. Not even sure if this was an argument!

I'm sure we'll agree on other points in the future! yes

Off to make dinner now.

Seems to be some ambiguity here with your interpretation of the words discussion and argument.  Agree, of course you are at liberty to research whatever you like but if you post something up on a public forum you must expect to be challenged by opposing views, the same as the rest of us.

----
Discussion   (noun)

an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., especially to explore solutions; informal debate.
----


I reserve the right to counter your views if I disagree as well as  high5 if I agree!  See yer anon winkwink   .

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 8349
Reputation : 3856
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Madeleine Beth McCann is dead

Post by Tony Bennett on 02.09.15 23:24

@skyrocket wrote:@ Tony Bennett

Can I pick your brain on a legal matter please?

Are media interviews admissable in court as evidence in the UK? - Thanks
I think such incidences must be rare.

But suppose for example a person in a media interview contradicts something he has said elsewhere, or for that matter can be shown to have knowingly lied, then at the very least, I should think that this would significantly undermine the credibility of him/her as a witness of truth in court.

____________________

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 14900
Reputation : 2991
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Madeleine Beth McCann is dead

Post by Verdi on 03.09.15 0:14

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@skyrocket wrote:@ Tony Bennett

Can I pick your brain on a legal matter please?

Are media interviews admissable in court as evidence in the UK? - Thanks
I think such incidences must be rare.

But suppose for example a person in a media interview contradicts something he has said elsewhere, or for that matter can be shown to have knowingly lied, then at the very least, I should think that this would significantly undermine the credibility of him/her as a witness of truth in court.
I know the law is a law unto itself so you never can say never but I think the chances of a media interview ever being used as evidence in a court of law is extremely unlikely.

Apart from anything else, media interviews are seldom (if ever) off the cuff, the questions are pre-arranged and I understand the interviewee has specific power to dictate the type of questions that can and can't be asked.  Can you imagine Kate McCann being in the dock  being interrogated about her media presence...

.. b b but M'lad , the British police experts told us to stay as calm as possible and not to show any emotion in public... he thinking behind this advice was that Madeleine's abductor might get some kind of perverted kick out of my distress and perhaps change his behaviour in some way. Of course we were terrified by the implications of this theory. It meant that quite natural actions or expressions of emotion caught on camera could potentially jeopardize Madeleine's safety - anyway we had a British government media controller to advise us - he told us what to say..

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 8349
Reputation : 3856
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Madeleine Beth McCann is dead

Post by skyrocket on 03.09.15 7:26

@ Tony Bennett - thanks for that. Let's hope someone somewhere is saving and collating all media interviews/videos for cross reference and possible usage in the future. Many have been wooshed already.
avatar
skyrocket

Posts : 669
Reputation : 652
Join date : 2015-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum