The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns oppose Goncalo Appeal.. 13th July 2015 Mm11

McCanns oppose Goncalo Appeal.. 13th July 2015 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns oppose Goncalo Appeal.. 13th July 2015 Mm11

McCanns oppose Goncalo Appeal.. 13th July 2015 Regist10

McCanns oppose Goncalo Appeal.. 13th July 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns oppose Goncalo Appeal.. 13th July 2015 Empty McCanns oppose Goncalo Appeal.. 13th July 2015

Post by cloak'ndagger 18.07.15 21:51

OPPOSITION TO THE APPEAL
On 13th July 2015 at 20.31.48 there was an opposition to the appeal filed at Ms Duartes office by Mr Correia Alfonso on behalf of the Mccanns.
McCanns oppose Goncalo Appeal.. 13th July 2015 052a2efbc1890f9bf95963b7df3b64ac
http://gyazo.com/052a2efbc1890f9bf95963b7df3b64ac
cloak'ndagger

Activity : 133

Back to top Go down

McCanns oppose Goncalo Appeal.. 13th July 2015 Empty Re: McCanns oppose Goncalo Appeal.. 13th July 2015

Post by inspirespirit 18.07.15 22:01

Where does it say that?    That is just the piece of paper knocking about that is supposed to show the Appeal has been lodged.   Is there anything that shows the Opposition to the Appeal has officially been submitted?
inspirespirit
inspirespirit

Activity : 234

Back to top Go down

McCanns oppose Goncalo Appeal.. 13th July 2015 Empty Re: McCanns oppose Goncalo Appeal.. 13th July 2015

Post by cloak'ndagger 18.07.15 22:05

The appeal launched by Snr Amaral has received a registered opposition from McCann legal team.
cloak'ndagger

Activity : 133

Back to top Go down

Post by inspirespirit 18.07.15 22:07

Just wish there was something a bit more official looking.   It is causing quite a lot of controversy with people saying there's no appeal actually been lodged.
inspirespirit
inspirespirit

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 18.07.15 22:15

Does anyone know what are the stated grounds for the appeal?
whodunit
whodunit

Activity : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by inspirespirit 18.07.15 22:17

Nobody knows anything at this stage.   All there is, is that scrap of paper above.
inspirespirit
inspirespirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.07.15 22:22

whodunit wrote:Does anyone know what are the stated grounds for the appeal?
Or the grounds for the opposition to the appeal?

Long live free speech  - which by the way is fundamental to our freedom as human beings.

We could always go back to pre-enlightenment times... oh wait.. someone seems to be working on that.

Free communication is a killer for some.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 18.07.15 22:45

inspirespirit wrote:Nobody knows anything at this stage.   All there is, is that scrap of paper above.
To me it seems he has numerous grounds for appeal I just haven't read a translation of his filing anywhere; wondering if anyone had done that yet.

McCanns filing in opposition is absurd.
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 19.07.15 0:25

whodunit wrote:
inspirespirit wrote:Nobody knows anything at this stage.   All there is, is that scrap of paper above.
To me it seems he has numerous grounds for appeal I just haven't read a translation of his filing anywhere; wondering if anyone had done that yet.

Have you read that somewhere? If so could you please give a link? I can't read a word of that above screenshot/scan> TIA

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 19.07.15 12:25

whodunit wrote:

I read som etime ago - at least a few weeks - that his appeal had been filed ... but I dont remember where and exactly when - will try and find out.
Now I remember - on GOFUNDME website link to PJGA
See link  - http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/
APPEAL MADE 15TH jUNE
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by inspirespirit 19.07.15 12:26

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/
inspirespirit
inspirespirit

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 19.07.15 14:38

The McCanns, - just as they would in English Legal system - have to indicate whether they accept the appeal, and are happy for it all to be overturned, or whether they wish to contest it.
There is nothing more sinister about it than that.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/rcj-rolls-building/court-of-appeal/civil-division/questions-and-answers

Questions and answers
Permission to Appeal
Do I need permission to appeal before making an appeal to the Court of Appeal?
In all civil and family cases, permission to appeal is required except in appeals against:
a committal order
an order refusing the grant of habeas corpus
a secure accommodation order made under Section 25 of the Children Act 1989.
You will need to ask the Court of Appeal for permission to appeal:
if you have not asked for permission from the Judge whose decision you want to appeal
if you have previously asked that Judge for permission to appeal and it was refused.
Permission to appeal is not required in family cases in appeals to High Court Judges and to Circuit Judges.
When will permission to appeal be granted?
Permission to appeal will only be given to you if your appeal has a real prospect/chance of success or if there is some other compelling reason why the appeal should be heard.
Filing an Application/Appeal
What documents do I have to lodge with my Appellant’s Notice?
You will need to lodge at least three identical copies of your Appellant's Notice including
grounds of appeal on a separate sheet;
the court fee (see below);
the sealed order or tribunal determination being appealed; any order granting or refusing permission to appeal to the Court of Appeal;
the order allocating the case to a track (if applicable);
a skeleton argument and the approved transcript of judgment.
How can I complete my Appellant’s Notice?
You can find instructions on how to fill in your Appellant’s Notice in the Guidance notes on completing form N161.
What should my grounds of appeal contain?
The grounds of appeal must identify as concisely as possible the respects in which the judgment of the court below was wrong or unjust because of a serious procedural or other irregularity. The reasons in support should not be included in the grounds of appeal but should be confined to the skeleton argument.
What is a skeleton argument?
A skeleton argument contains the main points which you want to argue. It enables the court to understand your case before the hearing. It should include the reasons why you think the lower court judgment was wrong or unjust because of a serious procedural or other irregularity.
I am a Respondent to an appeal. Do I have to file a skeleton argument?
If you are represented, you should file a skeleton argument if you wish to address arguments to the Court.
I am a Respondent. I would like to file a Respondent's Notice.
You must file a Respondent's Notice if you wish to ask the appeal court to uphold the lower court order for reasons different from or additional to those given by the court whose decision you want to appeal.
It is just an acknowledgment that the process is going ahead.

Which rather stamps in the face of the shills and disruptors on Twitter who are still claiming that no Appeal has been filed . .

Why the McCanns align themselves with lunatics and perverts, and Child-Murder apologists, and Child Neglect supporters, and Death-Dossier makers is not clear.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 19.07.15 17:51

lj wrote:
whodunit wrote:

Have you read that somewhere? If so could you please give a link? I can't read a word of that above screenshot/scan> TIA

I haven't, was hoping for a translation of the filing?

Just the fact of the McCanns filing in opposition seems absurd to me. Obviously they are opposed to an appeal of a judgement they won? Seems a judge will either grant or deny the appeal based on the merits of Amaral's stated grounds for the appeal. He either has grounds or he doesn't so I can't see how the McCanns opposition can or should have an effect on the judge's decision.
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top