The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Amber Peat (13) is missing.

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amber Peat (13) is missing

Post by Janetta on 03.06.15 10:20

in one news report, the neighbours are saying that it is a busy area and very unlikely the body would not have been seen if it had been there three days - also police had previously looked there.

Janetta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amber Peat (13) is missing.

Post by Guest on 03.06.15 10:26

Agree with other posters, she doesn't look happy and was likely to have been very miserable.  A 13 year-old female, hormonal, a new baby in the family, step-dad recently out of prison, being told to clean a cool-box.  No teenager wants to do chores, they don't see dirt and untidiness, IMO!  Not worth arguing over.  Teen years can be quite challenging for all concerned and parents need to be patient, tolerant and sensitive.  One thing I noticed was how small she was for her age - only 4 foot.  Tragic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.06.15 10:26

@Ladyinred wrote:I don't understand how the unexpected death of a missing 13 year-old is not suspicious.  Is it legalese for suicide?

Mod: The police said exactly the same when they attended the body of Brenda Leyland, the so-called 'McCann troll'.  It is indeed a common police method of suggesting that the victim has taken her/his life.
=======================

Charles Kennedy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.06.15 10:28

@Portia wrote:
@Ladyinred wrote:I don't understand how the unexpected death of a missing 13 year-old is not suspicious.  Is it legalese for suicide?

Mod: The police said exactly the same when they attended the body of Brenda Leyland, the so-called 'McCann troll'.  It is indeed a common police method of suggesting that the victim has taken her/his life.
=======================

Charles Kennedy?

Perhaps it means no foul play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.06.15 10:35

@PeterMac wrote:Is that a lap top case on the sofa ?
If not, what is it ?
" />

===================

It is a laptop case. Change of clothes underneath. Curtain summarily drawn open

Also note the curious angle the picture was taken: why looking just under the skirt (which she folded between her legs)

What's that in her right hand? 

Unpleasant picture!

When the stepfather was first interviewed on the radio, he kept mentioning how gutted HE was. Not 'we'. Also struck me as strange. 
Well, it will all pan out. Poor girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 03.06.15 11:02

@ masterblaster - "Why are the images stamped with rossparry.co.uk ?"

It`s a news and pictures agency in Leeds - don`t know how they got hold of pictures though - the Mum or Dad must have given them over or they got them from social media.

http://rossparry.co.uk/news
Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inspirespirit on 03.06.15 12:03

The photo looks like it was taken in a caravan.  The button backed sofa and curtains that normally tuck just behind them and the small window.   Maybe it was a recent one of her from on holiday in Cornwall.   She doesn't look happy though poor little mite.
inspirespirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 03.06.15 12:35

@inspirespirit wrote:The photo looks like it was taken in a caravan.  The button backed sofa and curtains that normally tuck just behind them and the small window.   Maybe it was a recent one of her from on holiday in Cornwall.   She doesn't look happy though poor little mite.
That would not be their own caravan?  One that came back with them?

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 03.06.15 12:35

Been 'whooshed' now from BBC and SKY, but they both 'said' the 'place' where Amber was 'found' HAD BEEN SEARCHED, previously, although didn't say by 'whom'.

(Guess we'll 'know' if NP 'refer' themselves, to IPCC.)

Tia Sharp, anyone?

Too 'open' a 'location' to me, for 'people' to miss, (for three days)

R.I.P. Amber.

It seems, to me, that we are 'losing' far to many 'little ones' recently.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 03.06.15 12:57

There are times, for good reason it's absolutely right to question the UK Police. This isn't one of them.

This young girl went missing and a body has been found.

People are now saying 'we hope the truth comes out'. It will come out in the not too distant future.

The media have shown some semblance of restraint. 

There is a post mortem later today so I believe.

Online there are now people discussing the photographs released of this beautiful girl in minute detail as to suggest she doesn't look happy, she's tucked her dress in, it looks like a caravan sofa etc.

For goodness' sake, let the police do their job and wait for information.

Have a heart for a little life that's ended and afford some respect for not only her but for the officers dealing with the case.

Just my opinion.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benion on 03.06.15 14:13

@Ladyinred wrote:Agree with other posters, she doesn't look happy and was likely to have been very miserable.  A 13 year-old female, hormonal, a new baby in the family, step-dad recently out of prison, being told to clean a cool-box.  No teenager wants to do chores, they don't see dirt and untidiness, IMO!  Not worth arguing over.  Teen years can be quite challenging for all concerned and parents need to be patient, tolerant and sensitive.  One thing I noticed was how small she was for her age - only 4 foot.  Tragic.

As the niece of a suicide victim (saying Amber's death is not suspicious implies suicide) I think it is important not to blame family members.

My father was blamed for his brother's suicide as he had given him a total rollicking just before he took the overdose.

My dad was not allowed at the funeral and has had to live with the guilt ever since.

I also have a friend who killed himself after being dumped by his gay boyfriend.

Suicide is tragic and in most cases mental health issues can play a large part.

If it is suicide I think it is wrong to start analysing the family with a view to blaming them.

Benion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 03.06.15 14:17

"strange" reporting. (re: my previous post)

the following 'line' has now been er, 'reinstated'?

"An officer at the scene told the BBC the area had previously been searched."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-32990966

First the 'line' was 'there', then it wasn't, now it's 'back'.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 03.06.15 17:33

@Ladyinred wrote:
@Portia wrote:

=======================

Charles Kennedy?

Perhaps it means no foul play.

It's not suggesting anything really apart from they have no evidence anyone else is was involved.  The police can't speculate and blurt out a cause of death before all the results are in.....imagine telling the world and her parents it looked liked a suicide but instead it turned out to be an undiagnosed heart condition?   They just can't do that even if they looked at the scene and thought it was OBVIOUSLY a suicide.

For some reason people seem to thing unexplained = suspicious, in the police's eyes those two things are completely different.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 03.06.15 17:36

News says Amber hanged herself

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sky News

Post by PeterMac on 03.06.15 17:36

Death was by hanging.
RIP
What monsters were tormenting you ?

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 03.06.15 17:40

I'm just surprised they released the statement so quick.
I've never heard that in any case before that i'm aware of.
Usually it is delayed until the next day when there usually is a post motem.

Whatever has happened,it's such a shame to die so young.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 03.06.15 17:40

How sad.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 03.06.15 17:41

@PeterMac wrote:Death was by hanging.
RIP
What monsters were tormenting you ?
If that doesn't make a grown man/woman cry I don't know what does.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 03.06.15 17:43

Those sad eyes, those sad sad eyes.............

I hope she has peace now.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 03.06.15 17:47

That's quite shocking for a 13 year old to even contemplate that. RIP.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 03.06.15 19:54

@ChippyM wrote:That's quite shocking for a 13 year old to even contemplate that. RIP.

It is shocking however it's not that uncommon - every so often a story pops up in the news be it a 13 year old, a 12 year old...even a 10 year old. I can only surmise that everything is so intense at that age, there's no shades of grey only black and white and things that don't matter really matter.

I regularly contemplated it myself from about 14 onwards for a while, but I had an extremely unhappy home life at the time with a psycho stepfather and an unhinged mother. Not saying that is the case here, just that I can relate to situations arising where someone so young would contemplate it.

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

holiday caravan or apartment?

Post by batmann on 03.06.15 20:04

Wooden sofa base and halter neck style swimsuit (maybe), could be a holiday snap... so sad news

batmann

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee75 on 03.06.15 20:29

When those pictures were first released the first thing I said to my husband was, they were taken in a caravan.  The upright, buttoned back seating is unmistakably caravan seating.

My uneasiness comes from her expression.  That is not the face of a girl enjoying her holiday.  What is that expression? Scared? Intimidated? Why were these pictures taken?  Surely most parents take pictures of their child/children having fun, smiling, laughing.   Would you put these in your family album under the heading, 'Our Fantasitic Holiday'?

Surely, if there was any point during the holiday that Amber was smiling or happy, these are the times to take photos and would be the photo's you would give to the police.

In my opinion and it is only an opinion so please nobody yell at me,  these photos have been taken/staged regardless of Amber's willingness or happiness. As a parent, I don't get why these pictures were taken or kept.  Maybe I may be reading too much into this.

The other thing that baffles me is kids don't hang themselves over the cleaning of a cool box.  If it is the case that she has taken her own life what were the circumstances that would lead a young girl to do this?

I don't normally follow these kind of stories as unfortunately there is rarely a happy ending, but since watching the appeal by her parents nothing sits right.

Dee75

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benion on 03.06.15 20:38

People take their lives for all types of reasons. 

My uncle had just been released from a psych ward where they had him sectioned for severe depression. They were wrong to release him, but they failed to see how high risk he was.

So what caused his depression? I do not know, but I do remember my grandfather beating the crap out of me, so having him for a dad could not have helped. Plus my dad was very nasty to him.

I have spent years trying to analyse what happened. Was it my grandfather's fault, was it my dad's fault, or was it just his illness.

As time has gone by I have come to accept it for what it is. Just a tragic death. Pointless trying to work it out.

Benion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the CMOMM forum

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.06.15 20:54

@Dee75 wrote:When those pictures were first released the first thing I said to my husband was, they were taken in a caravan.  The upright, buttoned back seating is unmistakably caravan seating.

My uneasiness comes from her expression.  That is not the face of a girl enjoying her holiday.  What is that expression? Scared? Intimidated? Why were these pictures taken?  Surely most parents take pictures of their child/children having fun, smiling, laughing.   Would you put these in your family album under the heading, 'Our Fantasitic Holiday'?

Surely, if there was any point during the holiday that Amber was smiling or happy, these are the times to take photos and would be the photo's you would give to the police.

In my opinion and it is only an opinion so please nobody yell at me,  these photos have been taken/staged regardless of Amber's willingness or happiness. As a parent, I don't get why these pictures were taken or kept.  Maybe I may be reading too much into this.

The other thing that baffles me is kids don't hang themselves over the cleaning of a cool box.  If it is the case that she has taken her own life what were the circumstances that would lead a young girl to do this?

I don't normally follow these kind of stories as unfortunately there is rarely a happy ending, but since watching the appeal by her parents nothing sits right.
Thank you for your contribution and welcome to our forum.

If you've read the rest of the thread, you'll see that your concerns about these two photographs are shared by a good few other members.

Other members, however, have expressed concern about speculation about the mother and the stepfather before we know the outcome of the post-mortem, before the poor girl's funeral, and before the police have concluded their enquiries.

I feel sure however that there will be much to discuss when we know more of the facts.

You concluded: "Since watching the appeal by her parents, nothing sits right".

It is concerns like this about the McCanns' first appeal about Madeleine that led members of this forum to research the case in detail and set up this popular forum over 5 years ago.

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum