The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

GA 'Gagged'? Mm11

GA 'Gagged'? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

GA 'Gagged'? Mm11

GA 'Gagged'? Regist10

GA 'Gagged'?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GA 'Gagged'? Empty GA 'Gagged'?

Post by jeanmonroe 18.05.15 0:13

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/442762/Goncalo-Amaral-Madeline-McCann-Kate-McCann-Gerry-McCann

Maddie cop slams McCanns over 'gag': Ex-police boss to fight court ruling

THE former police chief in the McCann libel case claims he has been gagged.

By Jerry Lawton/Published 18th May 2015

GAGGED: Goncalo Amaral claims he has been gagged by the McCanns after he wrote that they covered up their daughters disappearance in his book [TIM CLARKE]

Goncalo Amaral said he had been the victim of “an attack against freedom of expression”.

He added: “I am a free man and like any other citizen in this country I have the right to express my opinions.”

Mr Amaral, 55, has been told to hand over £357,000 after accusing Kate McCann, 47, and her husband Gerry, 46, of covering up their missing daughter’s death in his best-selling book.

“I am a free man and like any other citizen in this country I have the right to express my opinions”
Goncalo Amaral
The ex-officer, who headed the initial investigation into Madeleine’s 2007 disappearance, is appealing the ruling by a Portuguese judge.

He claimed he had been “tried over an offence of opinion”.

Mr Amaral said the damages would bankrupt him.

He added: “My life is gone. I’m only alive due to my heart.”

He told Portuguese weekly magazine Nova Gente everything in his book was contained in official police files.

Yet the judge’s ruling meant the McCanns were “worth more than any Portuguese citizen dead or alive” and “above any god or divinity” in that they could not be “criticised, ridiculed and satirised”.

He said: “Look at the discussions about the terrorist attacks against French newspaper Charlie Hebdo.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

GA 'Gagged'? Empty Re: GA 'Gagged'?

Post by jeanmonroe 18.05.15 0:19

"Johnny come lately' LAWTON!

"yesterday's news'!

WAKEY, WAKEY!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Synes 18.05.15 7:35

No 'disgraced cop' reference, just facts, is this an arse covering from MSM now Amaral has indicated he will be sueing not only the McCanns but all those who have sought to ruin him?
Synes

Activity : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 18.05.15 8:13

Synes wrote:No 'disgraced cop' reference, just facts, is this an arse covering from MSM now Amaral has indicated he will be sueing not only the McCanns but all those who have sought to ruin him?
Because it has finally dawned on the MSM that Gagging a person for free speech could put them ALL out of work . The Mail online and smartphones has finished photo news journalism . Gagging writers is the natural next step . Took him long enough though !! .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 18.05.15 9:28

Good old Daily Star and it’s accurate reporting:

He claimed he had been “tried over an offence of opinion”.

Mr Amaral said the damages would bankrupt him.

He added: “My life is gone. I’m only alive due to my heart.”

Spot the one he didn’t say (although it may well be the case). There is a clue – they haven’t put inverted comma’s round it!
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

GA 'Gagged'? Empty English court LIFTS ban on book

Post by PeterMac 21.05.15 8:49

http://news.sky.com/story/1487519/pianist-james-rhodes-can-publish-abuse-memoir

Pianist James Rhodes Can Publish Abuse Memoir
20:02, UK,
Wednesday 20 May 2015

A concert pianist has hailed a ruling that gives him the go-ahead to release a book about sexual abuse he suffered as a child as a victory for freedom of speech - and victims.
The Supreme Court has lifted an injunction which barred the publication of James Rhodes' autobiographical book, Instrumental.
The 40-year-old was at the court in London to hear a panel of judges rule in his favour.
He was joined by the actor Benedict Cumberbatch, a friend from school days.
They hugged outside court after the ruling.
Mr Cumberbatch described the ruling as a 'very emotional moment'

The injunction temporarily blocking publication of parts of the book was granted by the Court of Appeal after Mr Rhodes' ex-wife expressed fears the details would come to the attention of their 12-year-old son and cause him "serious harm".
Mr Rhodes then went to the Supreme Court for a ruling.
Five Supreme Court justices analysed the case at a hearing in London in January, and announced their decision on Wednesday.
Justices had said Mr Rhodes could not be identified in news reports or on social media, a restriction that has been lifted in light of the ruling.
Mr Rhodes' ex-wife feared the book could cause their son "serious harm"
They have now ruled Mr Rhodes can be named, but the names of his son and ex-wife should not be made public.
Mr Rhodes said afterwards: "This is a victory for freedom of speech.
"If this had been allowed to continue anyone could have used this to ban any book.
"We do not ban books in this country."
He added that the decision also sent a message to abuse victims: "I was told not to tell when I was a child.
"Children are told not to tell. The message is 'tell someone'.
"This is a victory for victims."

Mr Rhodes said afterwards: 'This is a victory for victims'
Mr Rhodes said his son would not be harmed by the book, which is set to be published in the near future.
He said: "I love him more than anything. I am his father.
"He is not going to read the book. This is not a children's book."
Mr Cumberbatch said: "We have been friends since school. I am here to give my support.
He continued: "It is a very emotional moment ... It is a searing vindication of freedom of speech."

Good news. And a decent precedent.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.05.15 9:58

PeterMac wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1487519/pianist-james-rhodes-can-publish-abuse-memoir

Pianist James Rhodes Can Publish Abuse Memoir
20:02, UK,
Wednesday 20 May 2015

A concert pianist has hailed a ruling that gives him the go-ahead to release a book about sexual abuse he suffered as a child as a victory for freedom of speech - and victims.
The Supreme Court has lifted an injunction which barred the publication of James Rhodes' autobiographical book, Instrumental.
The 40-year-old was at the court in London to hear a panel of judges rule in his favour.
He was joined by the actor Benedict Cumberbatch, a friend from school days.
They hugged outside court after the ruling.
Mr Cumberbatch described the ruling as a 'very emotional moment'

The injunction temporarily blocking publication of parts of the book was granted by the Court of Appeal after Mr Rhodes' ex-wife expressed fears the details would come to the attention of their 12-year-old son and cause him "serious harm".
Mr Rhodes then went to the Supreme Court for a ruling.
Five Supreme Court justices analysed the case at a hearing in London in January, and announced their decision on Wednesday.
Justices had said Mr Rhodes could not be identified in news reports or on social media, a restriction that has been lifted in light of the ruling.
Mr Rhodes' ex-wife feared the book could cause their son "serious harm"
They have now ruled Mr Rhodes can be named, but the names of his son and ex-wife should not be made public.
Mr Rhodes said afterwards: "This is a victory for freedom of speech.
"If this had been allowed to continue anyone could have used this to ban any book.
"We do not ban books in this country."
He added that the decision also sent a message to abuse victims: "I was told not to tell when I was a child.
"Children are told not to tell. The message is 'tell someone'.
"This is a victory for victims."

Mr Rhodes said afterwards: 'This is a victory for victims'
Mr Rhodes said his son would not be harmed by the book, which is set to be published in the near future.
He said: "I love him more than anything. I am his father.
"He is not going to read the book. This is not a children's book."
Mr Cumberbatch said: "We have been friends since school. I am here to give my support.
He continued: "It is a very emotional moment ... It is a searing vindication of freedom of speech."

Good news.   And a decent precedent.
Even as an ex wife you would have thought she would have been more supportive.  Would she have different views if it had been her son who had been abused? A victory for commonsense, otherwise we would have been in a situation where  anyone can complain/block/sue a book on whatever grounds, including 'hurt feelings' .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top