The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Textusa Saturday 9/5 11:am

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Textusa Saturday 9/5 11:am

Post by NickE on 17.10.15 21:39

@Verdi wrote:
@comperedna wrote:To give credit where it is due textusa's latest posting (last Friday I think) is certainly worth a look. You do not have to accept her swinging theory to be interested in why on earth all those hordes well-heeled professionals came on holiday to what turns out to be a rather shabby and uninspiring little village: PDL, when there are so many more interesting and attractive places to go to for the money. Her comments on the really small size of the place, its need for a good paint up everywhere, its lack of any lively hub or tourist centre, for instance its lack of even a mini fish sales outlet, or any focus of interest much at all other than the church. Her photos show how the architecture is dull and modern, with nothing interesting at all about it. She describes what seems to be like a rather tatty ex-pat suburb with many Brits living there relatively cheaply. No effort appears to have been made to bring in the visitors. Puzzling... puzzling...
I will have a read later, just because I'm normally a trifle critical doesn't mean I'm not prepared to at least try and understand her writings - providing it's not too long.

This particular aspect has always intrigued me, why the group decided on such a low key destination for their spring holiday.  I recall it being said, D. Payne I think, something about other resorts still being closed for the winter season but that is not necessarily true - there are a number of tourist resorts open at that time of year offering far superior facilities than the Ocean Club and with a more conducive climate I might add.  Morocco for example?
Portugal=lack of peado laws.
IMO.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 17.10.15 22:13

@NickE wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@comperedna wrote:To give credit where it is due textusa's latest posting (last Friday I think) is certainly worth a look. You do not have to accept her swinging theory to be interested in why on earth all those hordes well-heeled professionals came on holiday to what turns out to be a rather shabby and uninspiring little village: PDL, when there are so many more interesting and attractive places to go to for the money. Her comments on the really small size of the place, its need for a good paint up everywhere, its lack of any lively hub or tourist centre, for instance its lack of even a mini fish sales outlet, or any focus of interest much at all other than the church. Her photos show how the architecture is dull and modern, with nothing interesting at all about it. She describes what seems to be like a rather tatty ex-pat suburb with many Brits living there relatively cheaply. No effort appears to have been made to bring in the visitors. Puzzling... puzzling...
I will have a read later, just because I'm normally a trifle critical doesn't mean I'm not prepared to at least try and understand her writings - providing it's not too long.

This particular aspect has always intrigued me, why the group decided on such a low key destination for their spring holiday.  I recall it being said, D. Payne I think, something about other resorts still being closed for the winter season but that is not necessarily true - there are a number of tourist resorts open at that time of year offering far superior facilities than the Ocean Club and with a more conducive climate I might add.  Morocco for example?
Portugal=lack of peado laws.
IMO.
That would explain a hell of a lot!  Can't comment on the law aspect as I know little or nothing about Portuguese law but I can go along with the idea that a low budget shabby little coastal resort on the Algarve might be a suitable location for pursuing ones persuasion without attracting too much attention.

Then, when the merde hits the fan, what better central location to be to lash out North South East and West with wild accusations of paedophilia/child trafficking, against poor unsuspecting neighbouring countries.  Morocco for example?  I sincerely hope they didn't suggest such atrocities to His Holiness when in Rome !?!

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snook on 18.10.15 1:30

I always read all Textusa's blogs,  the one to which you refer being exceptional.  Makes sense to me.  Not the most appealing of destinations is it? Not even a weather guaranteed corner of the globe. 

Btw,  thanks for the congrats on becoming a moderator. I'm afraid I lost the thread you commented on.   thumbsup   
snook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum