The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register please do NOT use your email address as a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Brits already forking out en-masse for Maddie cop libel appeal

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Brits already forking out en-masse for Maddie cop libel appeal

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 17.05.15 15:10

@aquila wrote:Not a single contribution to GA's Fund from Rosalinde Hutton in her own name.

Come on Ros, put your money where your mouth is. It doesn't matter if it's a penny, a pound or a million.

I'm also extending this to PeterMac, Tony Bennett, Richard D Hall and everyone else who writes in their own name.

One of those has contributed at least £1200, although he couldn't possibly comment winkwink
Google.Gaspar.Statements

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 17.05.15 15:41

@espeland wrote:The donations for Dr. Amaral are truly admirable, but he is the only person who will be helped by them: I believe there is a coverup and  no pleas to BHH will get him to admit there was no break-in. Whoever is being protected, it has gone on for seven years now and I can't see it being cancelled after all that time. The only thing that may change that is if Dr Amaral has some critical information to impart - but if he does how many people in the UK will know, given the attitude of the MSM?. If it is a coverup the McCanns know that they are in effect protected, in that if they were exposed they would spill the beans.

I believe that there are far too few of us to force an admission in this case - after all, the Princess Diana case is believed by millions and with good cause to be a coverup and that has lasted much longer.

I fear you may be right, at least for the moment. 

Maybe - eventually - the truth or some of the truth will emerge.

I wonder who is REALLY being protected here? As you say, if the Mcs are exposed then they have dirt to dish. Must be one hell of a big dirty secret though.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by katie_mc on 17.05.15 15:58

@aquila wrote:Not a single contribution to GA's Fund from Rosalinde Hutton in her own name.

Come on Ros, put your money where your mouth is. It doesn't matter if it's a penny, a pound or a million.

I'm also extending this to PeterMac, Tony Bennett, Richard D Hall and everyone else who writes in their own name

You do like to push buttons don't you. Is there any need for this? How do you know that they haven't donated anonymously and you don't know their financial situation.

What name have you donated in?

katie_mc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.05.15 17:09

@katie_mc wrote:

I'm also extending this to PeterMac, Tony Bennett, Richard D Hall and everyone else who writes in their own name

You do like to push buttons don't you. Is there any need for this? How do you know that they haven't donated anonymously and you don't know their financial situation.

What name have you donated in?

clapping

This is not the time for discord

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.05.15 23:09

@aquila wrote:Not a single contribution to GA's Fund from Rosalinda Hutton in her own name.

I'm also extending this to...Tony Bennett...and everyone else who writes in their own name.
@ aquila

The challenge having been made, I will respond.

First point, I have not made a donation via the GoFundMe/Leanne Baulch project. I will explain why below.

Regarding the PJGA project, as some people on here will be aware, when I was Secretary of the Madeleine Foundation I was instrumental in ensuring that the Madeleine Foundation made three separate payments to help Goncalo Amaral with his legal costs. These payments totalled over £1,500.

In fact I was the one who had to go down the bank and sort out all the paperwork and problems connected with getting payments overseas without our having a euro account.

The payments followed correspondence with Goncalo Amaral in 2010 when he wrote to the Madeleine Foundation. He said, quote:

I would suggest that any donations that you wish to make to help sustain legal assistance, are directed towards the solidarity account that has been opened by Project Justice Gonçalo Amaral.

PJGA's solidarity account has the following bank details:

BPI - Banco Português de Investimento, Sete Rios, Lisboa
BPI – Banco Português de Investimento, Sete Rios branch, in Lisbon

NIB: 0010 0000 438 0385 000 1 62
IBAN: PT 50 0010 0000 438 0385 000 1 62
Swift: BB PI PT PL

Best regards,

(Gonçalo Amaral)

Myself and two other members of the Madeleine Foundation had previously made personal loans to the Foundation in order to fund the production of various booklets and leaflets. At a meeting held in 2010, the three of us agreed to forego any repayment of those loans so that we could forward as much support to Dr Amaral as we could.

As a result of legal action, our stock of books could no longer be sold and some of them had to be physically destroyed by virtue of court undertakings I was forced to sign under financial duress. The Madeleine Foundation has virtually no funds left, so repayment of those personal loans looks most unlikely. 

For the record, as the Madeleine Foundation had helped Dr Amaral's fund to the extent of over £1,500, I did not make an additional personal donation to PJGA.

Turning to the GoFundMe project, the other day I got a letter out of the blue from someone anonymous in Northern Ireland, who sent me a £10 note (an Ulster Bank note, actually, which is legal tender over here), asking me to 'get the £10 to Dr Amaral' ( copy reproduced below);

It was quite clear that this person wanted me to send the money via the current GoFundMe project, so I did so, adding on £1 to cover the cost of the PayPal/GoFundMe commission.

I understand the argument that people who have become reasonably well-known in the search for the truth about what happened to Madeleine, and in their own name, ought perhaps to take the lead in making public donations to Dr Amaral via the current GoFundMe campaign.

There are two reasons I have not yet done so:

1. I disagree with some of the activities of Leanne Baulch and her supporters. In particular, I think to allow, or even encourage, people to impersonate others, e.g. Prince Charles and Camilla, was misguided and unwise. I also disagreed with the slogan 'Give £12 for Madeleine on her 12th birthday on 12th May'. I think many neutral observers of all this would question both of those decisions.

2. My second reason is more important. I am not satisfied that there is a proper arrangement in place for all the monies raised to be sent to PJGA. I believe the GoFundMe account is only in the name of one individual, namely Leanne Baulch. I am not aware that direct ownership of this money has been placed, for example, in the hands of a trust, or assigned to PJGA.

Maybe these things are in place. If someone can point me to where anyone has made an on-the-record statement by those involved which covers point (2) above, then I will make a modest donation to that fund. That's despite having paid £22,500 legal costs in respect of court proceedings against me for breaching one or more of the 16 undertakings I was required to give and having to pay £125 by standing order to Carter Ruck until May 2023.

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 17.05.15 23:16

Thank you Tony, I just logged in to post and saw you pipped me to the post!

I agree with what you've said and I'm adding my own thoughts on the matter.

My apologies for my earlier post. I can see how badly it came across. My sincere apologies to PeterMac for any offence caused.

Here is what I'm getting at.

There is good reason for people who normally post in their own name to donate anonymously and of course it's everyone's choice to do so.

If you take Tony Bennett, he has fallen foul of McCann litigation and has been vilified not only by the UK Press and the pro McCann element but has had to endure a thorough and continuous bashing from Cristobell/Ms Hutton.

Richard D. Hall has made some outstanding documentaries on the Madeleine case and any donation to GA's fund he may choose to make would quite rightly be expected to be anonymous. Richard has also been on the radar of a forthcoming documentary by Jenny Kleeman.

Sonia Poulton is making a documentary so as a journalist any donation she may choose to make would also be expected to be anonymous.

Jill Havern has been approached by Jenny Kleeman and is likely to feature in the documentary. Despite this, Jill has had the courage to donate in her own name. There are quite a few people who normally remain anonymous on forums who have donated in their own name, myself included.

So how come Cristobell/Ms Hutton, who has given an interview to The Sun about being a troll, who constantly berates people for not posting in their own name, who writes often inaccurate blogs and rarely misses any opportunity to say something awful about Tony Bennett, who went to a rally in London to raise her opinion on the Madeleine case  has not made any donation to GA's fund in her own name.

Could today's post from Cristobell with a photograph of herself looking through Sonia Poulton's documentary camera mean that Ms Hutton has promoted herself to the status of journalist and therefore wishes to be seen as impartial? or is there some other reason.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by batmann on 18.05.15 0:23

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@aquila wrote:Not a single contribution to GA's Fund from Rosalinda Hutton in her own name.

I'm also extending this to...Tony Bennett...and everyone else who writes in their own name.
@ aquila

First point, I have not made a donation via the GoFundMe/Leanne Baulch project. I will explain why below.

Regarding the PJGA project, as some people on here will be aware, when I was Secretary of the Madeleine Foundation I was instrumental in ensuring that the Madeleine Foundation made three separate payments to help Goncalo Amaral with his legal costs. These payments totalled over £1,500.

In fact I was the one who had to go down the bank and sort out all the paperwork and problems connected with getting payments overseas without our having a euro account.

The payments followed correspondence with Goncalo Amaral in 2010 when he wrote to the Madeleine Foundation. He said, quote:

I would suggest that any donations that you wish to make to help sustain legal assistance, are directed towards the solidarity account that has been opened by Project Justice Gonçalo Amaral.

Best regards,

(Gonçalo Amaral)

Myself and two other members of the Madeleine Foundation had previously made personal loans to the Foundation in order to fund the production of various booklets and leaflets. At a meeting held in 2010, the three of us agreed to forego any repayment of those loans so that we could forward as much support to Dr Amaral as we could.

As a result of legal action, our stock of books could no longer be sold and some of them had to be physically destroyed by virtue of court undertakings I was forced to sign under financial duress. The Madeleine Foundation has virtually no funds left, so repayment of those personal loans looks most unlikely. 

For the record, as the Madeleine Foundation had helped Dr Amaral's fund to the extent of over £1,500, I did not make an additional personal donation to PJGA.

Turning to the GoFundMe project, the other day I got a letter out of the blue from someone anonymous in Northern Ireland, who sent me a £10 note (an Ulster Bank note, actually, which is legal tender over here), asking me to 'get the £10 to Dr Amaral' ( copy reproduced below);

It was quite clear that this person wanted me to send the money via the current GoFundMe project, so I did so, adding on £1 to cover the cost of the PayPal/GoFundMe commission.

I understand the argument that people who have become reasonably well-known in the search for the truth about what happened to Madeleine, and in their own name, ought perhaps to take the lead in making public donations to Dr Amaral via the current GoFundMe campaign.

1. I disagree with some of the activities of Leanne Baulch and her supporters. In particular, I think to allow, or even encourage, people to impersonate others, e.g. Prince Charles and Camilla, was misguided and unwise. I also disagreed with the slogan 'Give £12 for Madeleine on her 12th birthday on 12th May'. I think many neutral observers of all this would question both of those decisions.

2. My second reason is more important. I am not satisfied that there is a proper arrangement in place for all the monies raised to be sent to PJGA. I believe the GoFundMe account is only in the name of one individual, namely Leanne Baulch. I am not aware that direct ownership of this money has been placed, for example, in the hands of a trust, or assigned to PJGA.

Maybe these things are in place. If someone can point me to where anyone has made an on-the-record statement by those involved which covers point (2) above, then I will make a modest donation to that fund. That's despite having paid £22,500 legal costs in respect of court proceedings against me for breaching one or more of the 16 undertakings I was required to give and having to pay £125 by standing order to Carter Ruck until May 2023.

will not hurt to donate a few quid in your own personal right

batmann

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 18.05.15 1:14

@batmann wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

@ aquila

Best regards,

(Gonçalo Amaral)

will not hurt to donate a few quid in your own personal right

Aparently you have some math problems. Read again what Tony is already bleeding for the Madeleine cause. 

I do hope when we have "secured" Dr. Amaral's appeal, maybe we can donate to the Madeleine Foundation, so other "victims" of the McCanns can get help with their legal battles.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"res ipsa loquitur"

Post by Knitted on 18.05.15 2:43

@aquila wrote:Snipped:
There is good reason for people who normally post in their own name to donate anonymously and of course it's everyone's choice to do so
Personally I just don't get the "anti" or the "pro" labels that are bandied around. I read the Twitter feed that shows on this portal with much fascination, and not a little 'incredulous disgust'. As I don't 'get' Twitter it means that 9 times out of 10 I have no clue one which "side" A.N.Other is on, as it all seems that what's most important is who can sling the most obscure cryptic abuse at the opposition. To those of us that don't 'do' Twitter it seems like a cesspit of puerile angst!

Can't people just let the facts speaks for themselves?... If people focused on evidence then it really doesn't matter what 'side' people may, or may not, be. "res ipsa loquitur"

What matters is that even with no evidence one way or the other there's a c.90% chance that Madeleine was killed by a parent or a close  adult male acquaintance. Add to the mix the evidence of Eddie & Keela. Then add to the mix the the actions and statements of the T9. Then add to the mix the altered exif data of the Last Photo, (Then add to the mix the blatant shills on here with their 'Ghost Dogs' and fascination with 'fashions'...anyone would think they were prompted by pig-ignorant failed politicians the way they soooo misjudge free-thinkers!). Then add to the mix (if this was a genuine abduction) the utterly unwarranted and expedient intervention of HMG... and it's clear (at least to me) that Madeleine died that week, and the name of her killer and of all those that covered up her death are already VERY well known on this forum.

Me? I donated a paltry amount Sad.   All that I thought I could Sad  I felt guilty at what little I'd given and thus I donated anonymously. Why?  Well, I run an online business and have done for 4yrs.  I am perhaps 2 or 3 weeks away from bankruptcy (naively I thought I could 'beat the system' and run a genuinely people-focused business that put service ahead of money... but the 'system' seems to have beaten me).  Running an online business I am at the mercy of any old nutter (and there are many!) that has a hissy-fit, let alone anyone that wants to cause trouble by giving any of my e-shops a negative rating.  My only 'satisfaction' over the last 4yrs has so far been 100% feedback from all of my customers, but I live in daily dread of getting a negative (having complained in my own name to the IPCC and the Met).

Once I am officially bankrupt (seemingly very soon Sad ), and have nothing to lose, I'll be happy to use my real name. I may then even change my name on here. (though as you know, I was once Sonmi-451...and since I have been regularly condemned by you for ever having the audacity to change my name I know damn-well what I'll be letting myself in for!!!).

So, in summary:  I think people such as Tony B, Jill, PMac, and numerous others, have given an awful lot of themselves already. If they give 50p or £100 is irrelevant. If Rosalind donates nothing at all "so what"? What's more relevant is looking at the number of online 'Shares'...the ratio of 'likes'... and the number of people that "think something is iffy" with Madeleine's (almost certain) death...and comparing it to the value of the donations given (n.b. I trust the donations will go to GA's account in full).

Working it out that way the amount donated is sadly low (more people had 'shared' than had given £1 last time I looked). Maybe that's what counts these days? A banal 'click' is worth more than making a few more clicks to actually donate? Do the politics matter? All that surely matters is donations regardless of who does it?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.05.15 7:53

Dear hearts, All: I've said it once and I'll say it one more time, for the last time:

THIS IS NO TIME FOR DISCORD

Any sign of discord will discourage any donations to the Fund (=GA's Fund)

So: put a sock in it, and move his cause along, will you?

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 18.05.15 8:02

@Knitted wrote:
Can't people just let the facts speaks for themselves?... If people focused on evidence then it really doesn't matter what 'side' people may, or may not, be. "res ipsa loquitur"

What matters is that even with no evidence one way or the other there's a c.90% chance that Madeleine was killed by a parent or a close  adult male acquaintance. Add to the mix the evidence of Eddie & Keela. Then add to the mix the the actions and statements of the T9. Then add to the mix the altered exif data of the Last Photo, (Then add to the mix the blatant shills on here with their 'Ghost Dogs' and fascination with 'fashions'...anyone would think they were prompted by pig-ignorant failed politicians the way they soooo misjudge free-thinkers!). Then add to the mix (if this was a genuine abduction) the utterly unwarranted and expedient intervention of HMG... and it's clear (at least to me) that Madeleine died that week, and the name of her killer and of all those that covered up her death are already VERY well known on this forum.

Great post Knitted.

I hope your personal circumstances improve soon. Sounds terrible.
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 18.05.15 8:48

@ Portia, I've taken your very valid point on board.

@ Knitted, I did give you a bit of a hard time and I apologise for that. I'm sorry to hear of your circumstances and I hope you recover very soon.

@ Tony and lj, your posts speak for themselves. I too hope that people don't forget not only the contribution TB has made to finding out what happened to Madeleine but remember him too when he's forking out £125 per month.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LG on 18.05.15 10:04

With regards to the GoFundMe appeal for GA set up by Leanne Baulch ....

All donations go directly to the PJGA bank account, as if the monies were made directly to their site.
Their latest announcement is here.
http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/thank-you_6.html?m=1

As some will be aware, the GFM page was reported for fraud, within hours of it being started.  It took some considerable time and effort, on Leanne's part, to reinstate it BUT since it has been we know that it has been looked at in detail and passed as fit!

With regards to the £12.00 donations for a 12th Birthday gift for MBM, this was not Leanne's idea.  It was an idea posted on Twitter which filtered to FB and taken up by many.

I have confirmed the above with Leanne, whom I have never met, and post this in the interest of truth and fairness.

LG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 18.05.15 10:08

@LG wrote:With regards to the GoFundMe appeal for GA set up by Leanne Baulch ....

All donations go directly to the PJGA bank account, as if the monies were made directly to their site.

As some will be aware, the GFM page was reported for fraud, within hours of it being started.  It took some considerable time and effort, on Leanne's part, to reinstate it BUT since it has been we know that it has been looked at in detail and passed as fit!

With regards to the £12.00 donations for a 12th Birthday gift for MBM, this was not Leanne's idea.  It was an idea posted on Twitter which filtered to FB and taken up by many.

I have confirmed the above with Leanne, whom I have never met, and post this in the interest of truth and fairness.
I've donated and I never thought for one minute there was anything wrong with the GFM effort.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 18.05.15 10:58

@aquila wrote:
@LG wrote:With regards to the GoFundMe appeal for GA set up by Leanne Baulch ....

I've donated and I never thought for one minute there was anything wrong with the GFM effort.
I hope that fund will not have been harmed by Tony's comments.
Thank you LG for your post.
I hope there will be a retraction and apology.
I will say no more as am angry beyond words.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuspiciousMinds on 18.05.15 11:02

@aquila wrote:@ Portia, I've taken your very valid point on board.

@ Knitted, I did give you a bit of a hard time and I apologise for that. I'm sorry to hear of your circumstances and I hope you recover very soon.

@ Tony and lj, your posts speak for themselves. I too hope that people don't forget not only the contribution TB has made to finding out what happened to Madeleine but remember him too when he's forking out £125 per month.

Is there not a GoFundMe collection for TB?!

SuspiciousMinds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 18.05.15 11:14

@aquila wrote:

I don't think there's anything wrong with it either. It was a fantastic idea for Leanne to take the initiative and set it up. It's great to be able to see the donations going up every day and see how much support Dr Amaral is getting. It's also easier for people like me, who don't have a PayPal account, to donate.

Well done Leanne clapping

Thank you LG for your post. I know you, too, are doing your bit for the Fund.
Jill Havern

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 18.05.15 11:20

@Nina wrote:I hope that fund will not have been harmed by Tony's comments.
Thank you LG for your post.
I hope there will be a retraction and apology.
I will say no more as am angry beyond words.

I have to agree with that, Nina.
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by LG on 18.05.15 11:33

My post was never intended as a "pop" at Tony, someone whom I have great respect for.

It was made solely to clarify the situation regarding how the GoFundMe account had been set up,where the monies were actually being deposited and to set the record straight regarding the £12.00 donations.

Nothing more, nothing less.

LG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 18.05.15 11:40

@LG wrote:My post was never intended as a "pop" at Tony, someone whom I have great respect for.

It was made solely to clarify the situation regarding how the GoFundMe account had been set up,where the monies were actually being deposited and to set the record straight regarding the £12.00 donations.

Nothing more, nothing less.
LG, no-one is inferring that you are having a 'pop' at Tony, and Tony also knows that I have great respect for him.
Just this time he has made me very cross.  aaagh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by espeland on 18.05.15 12:17

£100
Tony Bennett
26 mins ago
I have today been advised that all funds raised via this site will go direct to the PJGA fund for Dr Amaral's legal expenses and am pleased to make a modest contribution for these reasons: 1. It is intolerable that anyone accused of libel should have to wait nearly 6 years from the date of service of a writ (June 2009 in this case) for a verdict 2. The verdict by the Lisbon court last month was perverse. Both the Portuguese Appeal Court (October 2010) and the Portuguese Supreme Court (March 2011) held that Dr Amaral's book was a legitimate use of his right to freedom of expression, under Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights, and as a result they allowed his book to be sold, overturning an earlier ban. The Lisbon court should have followed their decisions 3. Dr Amaral has good prospects for success in his appeal, given the previous Appeal & Supreme Court decisions 4. 99% of his book is based on information in the files of the Portuguese Police which in any event has already been in the public domain since July 2008, and all of which can conveniently be accessed via the mccannpjfiles website 5. The McCanns have been able to afford the best lawyers that money can buy to pursue various defensive and offensive legal actions. By contrast, Dr Amaral has had substantial proportions of his captal and income impounded by the state. I hope that the money raised by this appeal will enable him to afford a good quality and influential lawyer

A very generous donation, given that a huge chunk of Tony's pension has been claimed by Sue, Grabbit and Runne.

espeland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LG on 18.05.15 12:57

@Tony Bennett wrote:Thank you for the information.

I did not know until I got this confirmation that funds were going direct to the PJGA bank account, indeed I understood it was all in the name of Leanne Baulch only. One has to be very careful about all appeals and check the facts.

Armed with this information, I have just made a donation to the GoFundMe appeal

Tony
Thank you for your very generous donation, Tony.

LG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.05.15 14:18

@aquila wrote:

Same here Aquila

I'll even take this one step further: even if there were, which I don't believe, just contributing made me so happy, after all these years of patiently and passively waiting for Justice to be (seen te be) done.

And when it wasn't, the GFM provided a perfect vent to express what so many must have felt was right and what wasn't

So there!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 18.05.15 14:24

Portia, I don't know why your quotes never work for you but could you draw a line under the posts you are quoting before you post your comment so that it's easier for us to read your comments?

If you get me drift?

---------------------------

Like this? smilie
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.05.15 14:26

Get'emGonçalo wrote:Portia, I don't know why your quotes never work for you but could you draw a line under the posts you are quoting before you post your comment so that it's easier for us to read your comments?

If you get me drift?

---------------------------

Like this? smilie
==================================

Willdo!

wave

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum