The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout Mm11

Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout Mm11

Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout Regist10

Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout Empty Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout

Post by Dutchgirl 03.05.15 8:05

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/574547/Maddie-libel-detective-ruined-Retirement-retreat-seized-cover-McCann-payout

EXCLUSIVE

THE luxury home where former Portuguese detective Goncalo Amaral, central to the Madeleine McCann investigation, hoped to spend his retirement is boarded up and desolate.

By James Murray
PUBLISHED: PUBLISHED: 00:01, Sun, May 3, 2015

Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout Fb
Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout Tw
Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout G
Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout M
Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout Sh
Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout C

Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout Amaral-574547MARK KEHOE
Detective Goncalo Amaral and his controversial book
It is a place he aimed to retreat to after writing a book about the distressing case. Now, ruined and shamed, he will almost certainly have to sell it to pay libel compensation to Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry.

But the property, in millionaires’ development Cerro Azul, near the town of Olhao, has been seized as an asset by a Lisbon court which last week ruled that Amaral must pay the McCanns 500,000 euros (£357,000) compensation for allegations he made in his book.

Amaral suggested that evidence showed that Madeleine died in the apartment from which she went missing, a claim that caused the McCanns untold distress. They are still searching for their daughter, who, if alive, would be 12 on May 12.

Guard dogs patrol inside the house while Amaral, who is now broke, lives with his father in Lisbon following his divorce from his wife Sofi a. She lives with their teenage daughter hundreds of miles away in Faro – a city that the
abandoned property overlooks.

A family friend said: “He bought the property about 10 years ago as an investment and as somewhere to live with his family during retirement but events have taken a different turn.

Related articles

• Madeleine McCann's parents win £357,000 libel payout over claims in bestselling book
  • EXCLUSIVE: 'Life is just so precious' Couple lose three children and fear for their fourth
  • Claudia Lawrence arrest proves that the hunt for missing Madeleine McCann should continue

“The property is an asset of the court. He still has a loan, which would have to be paid back, with the rest potentially going to the McCanns, leaving him without anywhere to live except his father’s small home. “Everything he has worked for all his life could be lost.”

To help pay his legal fees, a fund in Portugal has raised about £5,000 and now a woman living in England, Leanne Baulch, has set up a “gofundme” crowd funding site, which has raised £3,000.

After analysing the judgment from judge Maria Castro, Amaral has decided to appeal, which could take two years, buying him time to raise more money. Describing the judgment as “unfair” he says he will appeal until the “very last judicial instance”, which signals it could end up in Portugal’s Supreme Court or the European Court of Human Rights.

Supporters point to a section of the judgment saying it was a proven fact that British police dogs detected the scent of human blood and a cadaver in Apartment 5a of the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz, from where Madeleine vanished eight years ago today.

Amaral used this evidence to suggest in his book that Madeleine had died in the apartment, a theory vehemently rejected by the McCanns who still hope that she is alive somewhere.

The judge felt Amaral’s theory caused the McCanns anger, despair and anguish but she said it was not proven that they had been destroyed from a moral, social and family point of view beyond the pain that the absence of their daughter causes them.

Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout Retirement-283914Kehoe
Amaral’s retirement dream is locked up by the Portuguese courts while he is facing ruin
People bang on my gate and someone broke in once. I just don’t feel safe

The couple had sought 500,000 euros compensation for Madeleine and 100,000 euros for each of their twins Sean and Amelie, now 10, but the judge threw that out. She has still to decide if Amaral had the right to promote his theories under freedom of expression.

While the legal dispute looks set to last for a further five years, the anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance is being quietly remembered in Luz.

On the noticeboard of the Nossa Senhora yellow and white church, where the McCanns regularly prayed, there is no mention of Madeleine or the special prayers which will be said there today.

There are no pictures or posters of her and the only visible sign of the case is on Stop street signs. Someone using a sophisticated stencil has added “McCann Circus”, highlighting the view of many who feel the case should be forgotten and people should be allowed to get on with their lives.

Despite the costly Scotland Yard and Portuguese police investigation, the Sunday Express found that key witnesses have still not been spoken to.

Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout McCann-283916MARK KEHOE
oad signs in Praia de Luz emblazoned with slogans to Stop the McCann Circus
Jenny Murat, 78, the mother of wrongly accused Robert Murat, has potentially breakthrough evidence but no one has spoken to her. At 8pm on May 3, 2007, she went to a supermarket and then drove past Apartment 5a and saw a woman hanging around. Her notes from the time say: “There was a woman standing on the corner under a lamp post.

“I don’t remember much of her other than she was of slight build and was wearing a plum coloured jacket. She moved around the lamp post as if trying not to be noticed.”

As she turned into the driveway of her home, Casa Liliana, she was nearly hit by a car going the wrong way. “When I stopped to open the gates I could not see the car but the woman was in the road looking in my direction.”

After her son was wrongly made an arguido (Portuguese for suspect), she contacted Hugo Swire, a Tory MP in Devon, and Leicestershire police about her sighting but, astonishingly, she has not been interviewed to this day.

Speaking at home this week, she told the Sunday Express: “I am happy to speak to Scotland Yard. This woman was just outside Apartment 5a and it didn’t look right. It could be relevant.”

After 12 years she has put Casa Liliana up for sale. “It is very sad but the place has become a tourist attraction for all the wrong reasons,” she said. “I get people banging on my gate and someone broke in once. I don’t feel safe. Robert’s life has been badly damaged by lies. It never goes away, it never ends. It gets you down.”

She will live with her daughter, Sammy, in Devon, but Robert, wife Michaela and their four-year-old son will remain on the Algarve.

“I might buy a small flat in Luz but we will see,” said Jenny. “It is not the same place.”
Dutchgirl

Activity : 194

Back to top Go down

Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout Empty Re: Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout

Post by sallypelt 03.05.15 8:24

WOW! This article, if true, is so damning for the McCann's
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout Empty Re: Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout

Post by Angelique 03.05.15 8:32

If we have learnt anything from the disappearance of Madeleine and the ongoing "machine" that protects certain associated people, it is that nothing enters the MSM if not for a reason.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.05.15 8:33

Goodness Gracious, the news agencies are all keeping on top of it !

I can't wait to see what kind of hatchet job they will churn out when the table is turned.

Well...not all is lost.  Mr & Mrs involvements get repeated.

People get reminded all the time....It's so in your face you can't avoid but take it in.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 03.05.15 8:34

"Jenny Murat, 78, the mother of wrongly accused Robert Murat, has potentially breakthrough evidence but no one has spoken to her. At 8pm on May 3, 2007, she went to a supermarket and then drove past Apartment 5a and saw a woman hanging around. Her notes from the time say: “There was a woman standing on the corner under a lamp post".

“I don’t remember much of her other than she was of slight build and was wearing a plum coloured jacket. She moved around the lamp post as if trying not to be noticed.”

Didn´t JT have a fetish for purple/plum?

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 03.05.15 8:35

snipped from the above article:

"
Supporters point to a section of the judgment saying it was a proven fact that British police dogs detected the scent of human blood and a cadaver in Apartment 5a of the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz, from where Madeleine vanished eight years ago today.

Amaral used this evidence to suggest in his book that Madeleine had died in the apartment, a theory vehemently rejected by the McCanns who still hope that she is alive somewhere.

The judge felt Amaral’s theory caused the McCanns anger, despair and anguish but she said it was not proven that they had been destroyed from a moral, social and family point of view beyond the pain that the absence of their daughter causes them."

WOW, WOW, WOW, hard to believe this has been printed in a UK newspaper.

Does anyone know why the judge has not yet ruled on Rocky's right to freedom of expression and if she rules favourably, whether it could affect the size of the payout in some way?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 03.05.15 8:37

NickE wrote:"Jenny Murat, 78, the mother of wrongly accused Robert Murat, has potentially breakthrough evidence but no one has spoken to her. At 8pm on May 3, 2007, she went to a supermarket and then drove past Apartment 5a and saw a woman hanging around. Her notes from the time say: “There was a woman standing on the corner under a lamp post".

And haven't we been told repeatedly that the T9 didn't start arriving at the Tapas bar until AFTER 8:00PM?
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.05.15 8:50

Nice timing 
Desmond's turn now.
my opinion
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.05.15 9:43

NickE wrote:"Jenny Murat, 78, the mother of wrongly accused Robert Murat, has potentially breakthrough evidence but no one has spoken to her. At 8pm on May 3, 2007, she went to a supermarket and then drove past Apartment 5a and saw a woman hanging around. Her notes from the time say: “There was a woman standing on the corner under a lamp post".

JW Rogatory.

Q. Relative to whether I know Jane Tanner;
Now I know her name, description of the clothes and photos which I have seen in the press. At that time I knew of her as a member of the group but did not know her name. I do not remember having seen her when I spoke with Gerry, but I believe I saw her when I first ventured out. She was stopped on the street in front of one of the group's apartments when I passed her down towards the exit to my apartment. I do not know if it was her apartment or not. I remember that she was wearing the colour purple.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.05.15 10:09

parapono wrote:Nice timing 
Desmond's turn now.
my opinion

Perfect Timing, 8th anniversary date.

Imagine St Kate boiling her blood on bank holiday sunday ?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyc 03.05.15 10:14

Kate's blood will be more than boiling when she reads this. In the half hour I have been viewing this site, the gofundme donations have risen by £50.  How much has Kate's sponsored bike ride risen in the same half hour I wonder?
sammyc
sammyc

Activity : 383

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 03.05.15 10:16

In regard to Goncalo Amaral's home, wouldn't his ex wife also be joint owner of the property? I didn't think they could freeze that asset if GA was not the only owner of it and his ex wife also has a share in it? Usually property is divided between a couple if  they get divorced.

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 03.05.15 10:42

Purple jacket http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Tappas9/janetanneranddaughter.jpg

noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl Dixon 03.05.15 12:19

Jenny Murat, 78, the mother of wrongly accused Robert Murat, has potentially breakthrough evidence but no one has spoken to her. At 8pm on May 3, 2007, she went to a supermarket and then drove past Apartment 5a and saw a woman hanging around. Her notes from the time say: “There was a woman standing on the corner under a lamp post.

As she turned into the driveway of her home, Casa Liliana, she was nearly hit by a car going the wrong way. “When I stopped to open the gates I could not see the car but the woman was in the road looking in my direction.”

After her son was wrongly made an arguido (Portuguese for suspect), she contacted Hugo Swire, a Tory MP in Devon, and Leicestershire police about her sighting but, astonishingly, she has not been interviewed to this day.

Speaking at home this week, she told the Sunday Express: “I am happy to speak to Scotland Yard. This woman was just outside Apartment 5a and it didn’t look right. It could be relevant.”

Jennifer Murat was interviewed on 15 May 2007 and failed to mention any of the above in her witness statement. How odd to mention it now.
Daryl Dixon

Activity : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 03.05.15 12:36

Just a thought about the Jenny Murat sighting, she says 'slight build'.  Looking at photos of the tapas lot I woud say Rachael, Fiona and Kate could be described as 'slight', JT not so much.

It's always possible someone could have borrowed the purple jacket they were wearing if it was a cold night.

Edit to add - just another thought,  Fiona Payne and Kate McCann look very similar in height, build, hair colour, hair style and clothing choice, both style and colour are very similar in all these photos, almost coordinated;

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/TAPPAS9.htm

Jane Tanner and Rachael Oldfield have very dark hair. If it was light enough to see a 'plum coloured jacket' and the person was lit under a lamp post, wouldn't it be quite easy to say whether they had dark or light hair?
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 03.05.15 13:10

Jane Tanner was wearing a plum coloured top that evening. And Jez Wilkins in one of his police interviews says he thinks he saw her near apartment 5A at a crucial time that evening I do believe.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 03.05.15 13:17

Maddie libel detective ruined: Retirement retreat seized to cover McCann payout McCann-283916

Classic! I wonder who did this?!
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 03.05.15 13:36

After analysing the judgment from judge Maria Castro, Amaral has decided to appeal, which could take two years, buying him time to raise more money
---------------------------------------

TWO YEARS! (for appeal)

So KM had better put her 'plans' for spending her £179,000 'damages' from GA, on hold!

"The judge felt Amaral’s theory caused the McCanns anger, despair and anguish but she said it was not proven that they had been destroyed from a moral, social and family point of view beyond the pain that the absence of their daughter causes them"

Surely, "........the absence of their daughter CAUSED, entirely, SOLELY, by them, alone, by their totally irresponsible parenting, leaving, diliberately and consciously, their THREE children, ALONE, in an UNLOCKED, accessible by anyone, apartment"

THEY chose to do 'that', nobody MADE them!

THEIR's, and ONLY their's, diliberate and conscious......... 'CHOICE'!

Their 'friends' ALL LOCKED their apartments SECURELY!

(but stil lleft ALL their children, ALONE, inside!)
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 03.05.15 14:29

Good innit.

Ukip are anti Murdoch interfering with the press.

Express owner donates £1m to Ukip

Express runs a story that gives a more balanced view.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 03.05.15 14:49

I could also add that this report make no denouncement or retraction of the previous, initial report made by Tavares de Almeida, then Chief Inspector in September 2007. 

THAT report concluded, amongst other things that:

Madeleine McCann died in the Holiday apartment on 3rd May 2007.

A staged HOAX abduction took place.

The McCanns were involved in the concealment of the corpse of their daughter.

And so we come to the present day. David Cameron joins the list of supremely powerful allies to the McCanns by announcing that the Metroploitan Police are to “review” the case.
http://spudgunsspoutings.blogspot.com.au/2011_08_01_archive.html

So this was also Tavares de Almeida's report on what happened to Madeleine, not just Goncalo Amaral's theory, but the theory upheld by the PJ. So why single out and sue Goncalo Amaral for libel because he happened to write a book about the investigation?
Joss
Joss

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 03.05.15 14:59

The  Warm Up Act

Two days to go until the 8th anniversary of Madeleine McCann being reported as missing by her parents.

And what a lot of work has had to be done by Team McCann this year before the stars of this show, Gerry and Kate McCann can show their faces.

We've had all the spin about the trial in Lisbon which the UK press just failed to inform the public that the McCanns did not WIN.   Failed to inform them what the McCanns claimed as truth was REJECTED by the Court.

And they failed to state also that the McCanns must pay costs of over 58% for that very reason - THEY DID NOT WIN!

http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/The_Warm_Up_Act.html
Joss
Joss

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.05.15 15:11

Crikey, the failed Winters & Goose novel has been given the kiss of life with an update all about trolls, sources, the MET looking at more burglars. I wonder if the Sun is going to do another exclusive serialisation just to ram the 'safe' message home. The message is about 'trolls'. The Sun has called GA a Monster. The Sun has interviewed Rosalinda Hutton, in an article about trolls. The Sun is now doing more in this area.

It's the Sun that has made money on the back of Madeleine McCann. It was the Sun who serialised Kate's diaries. What happened to Madeleine doesn't matter to the Sun, there's no need to do any research for Sun reporters, why would there be? Madeleine is the gift that keeps on giving no matter what they decide to write or who the Murdoch press decides to crush in the process.

It's the 8th anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. The Sun hasn't run a single thing to appeal to anyone with information to come forward. The Sun hasn't run the age progression photo of Madeleine. The Sun doesn't do that.

The big story is 'trolls'.

just my opinion of course.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 03.05.15 15:33

aquila wrote:Crikey, the failed Winters & Goose novel has been given the kiss of life with an update all about trolls, sources, the MET looking at more burglars. I wonder if the Sun is going to do another exclusive serialisation just to ram the 'safe' message home. The message is about 'trolls'. The Sun has called GA a Monster. The Sun has interviewed Rosalinda Hutton, in an article about trolls. The Sun is now doing more in this area.

It's the Sun that has made money on the back of Madeleine McCann. It was the Sun who serialised Kate's diaries. What happened to Madeleine doesn't matter to the Sun, there's no need to do any research for Sun reporters, why would there be? Madeleine is the gift that keeps on giving no matter what they decide to write or who the Murdoch press decides to crush in the process.

It's the 8th anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. The Sun hasn't run a single thing to appeal to anyone with information to come forward. The Sun hasn't run the age progression photo of Madeleine. The Sun doesn't do that.

The big story is 'trolls'.

just my opinion of course.
It is all rather strange considering the latest announcement that the waste of time that those dossier compilers wasted their time with is now a moot point, as the police have announced no one "troll" broke any laws, even though they said some not very nice stuff about Saint McCann's. Well i guess that foiled their little plot.
Why is the sun wasting their time too, what are they hoping to achieve i wonder?
Still waiting for them all to apologize for victimising Brenda Leyland, "crickets" of course in that department.
Joss
Joss

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 03.05.15 16:45

Daryl Dixon wrote:Jenny Murat, 78, the mother of wrongly accused Robert Murat, has potentially breakthrough evidence but no one has spoken to her. At 8pm on May 3, 2007, she went to a supermarket and then drove past Apartment 5a and saw a woman hanging around. Her notes from the time say: “There was a woman standing on the corner under a lamp post.

Jennifer Murat was interviewed on 15 May 2007 and failed to mention any of the above in her witness statement. How odd to mention it now.
Who said she did. AFAIK MSM they have no qualms making things up as they go.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top