The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism - Page 2 Mm11

Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism - Page 2 Mm11

Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism - Page 2 Regist10

Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism - Page 2 Empty Re: Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism

Post by phil_burton 18.03.15 12:03

In fairness to Tony - this is what he has been saying for a good while.

At this moment in time I tend to agree - nothing, absolutely nothing as yet points towards a genuine investigation working on the parent-were-involved theory, but a lot of evidence points towards a showpiece "investigation" that will get wound up after having effectively exonerated the McCanns through years of constant talk of abduction.

Blacksmith makes a very good point tho - the vast majority of stuff in the tabloids is spin. If you remove all of this and distill it down to only official announcements, there have been hardly any in 2 years have there?
phil_burton

Activity : 94

Back to top Go down

Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism - Page 2 Empty Re: Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism

Post by jeanmonroe 18.03.15 12:15

@TB, who wrote:

".............preparing the way for the 'final solution'"
-----------------------------------------

Could you please DELETE, or re-phrase your 'words', given the despicable connotation, those 'words' have, to a great many people.

Me included'!

Thankyou.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 18.03.15 12:23

jeanmonroe wrote:
Sceptic wrote:And Official find Madeleine Facebook cover photo has just been changed from
this
Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDw-WEBWuxJspYqdbtzWZKQ4YDxQ5IaDE5yczfwZFijIV0KCf4-A
to this
Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism - Page 2 10255012_10152378624859931_1949036920615896170_n

So, they've 'changed' the 'photo' on the FB from the expensive, taxpayer funded, OG 'age progressed' photo of Madeleine '@9 (nine) years old' TO a 'photo' of, an almost 4 year old!

Good luck 'searching' for THAT 'girl'! (maddie 'snatch' squads)

What a farce this all is. And the girl above looks completely different to the girl in the 'last photo'. Do they just plonk any old blond nearly four year in?

But on reflection, how strange that the age-progressed pic has been replaced with one showing a much younger child. And no links to the police.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 18.03.15 12:32

jeanmonroe wrote:@TB, who wrote:

".............preparing the way for the 'final solution'"
-----------------------------------------

Could you please DELETE, or re-phrase your 'words', given the despicable connotation, those 'words' have, to a great many people.

Me included'!

Thankyou.
@ jeanmonroe

A few years ago we had a few days in Berlin, for a sad family occasion - and we visited the huge mansion at Wannsee, the luxury lakeside place in west Berlin where in 1942 the leading Nazis wined and dined, laughed and joked, and planned the extermination of the Jews (it is now a very solemm museum, where people whisper to each other as they study the shocking records of this event). To make sure we learned the lessons of the Holocaust, I made sure that we also visited the large concentration camp in north Berlin, Sachsenhausen, where so many Jews were cruelly, mercilessly, ill-treated and killed. That's one of many reasons why I won't join in the anti-Jewish, anti-Israel mindset that so many people seem to share these days.

To be honest, I do draw a slight comparison, to this limited extent: I perceive in this case a group of evil people getting together and perpertrating a very thorough and cunning cover-up, and maybe even laughing and patting themselves on the back as they do so. I am thinking for example of the Crimewatch McCann Special...I am hearing Redwood speaking of his 'revelation moment'...Matthew Amroliwala waxing on and on about the 'careful and critical analysis'...'the team were taking nothing for granted'...da da da...then the twin absurdities of the two Smithman 'e-fits' and Crecheman.

But out of deference to your feelings, I've gladly changed 'final solution' to 'final curtain'

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 18.03.15 12:36

PeterMac wrote:
splurgegun wrote:
presumably this "news" comes from either Mitchel or Gamble
they want it shut down
That is my guess.
Meeting in Portugal, new DCI who has not leaked,
they may new seriously worried, and now trying to get public opinion behind shutting it down, so as to leave
Abduction, useless foreign Police, Heroic Brit Pol, but lack of money,
SO
Please give generously

Could it be a message to the McCanns. 'We're getting skint, hand over all the fund money and make a donation to the policemans ball'.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 18.03.15 12:50

@TB.

Thankyou.

But you have still 'used' THOSE 'words' in your 'reply' to me.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 18.03.15 13:06

Rogue-a-Tory wrote:On reflection I'm optimistic too. I think this article has been incubated by TM media as they are fearing that OG has U turned and soon an unstoppable juggernaut may be headed up the M1 to Leicestershire.

To pull the plug on an investigation directly funded by the Treasury through budget constriction would be seen as a very lame excuse in a much more savvy public arena these days.

So what do TM want? DCI Houdini at the helm 'It was a burglator that has died/disappeared who drugged the kiddies, but Maddie woke up, was killed & carried off. Can't now bring this person to justice as we've run out of money.....etc. Bye'

... I'm loving the sound of this.   clappingclappingclapping
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 18.03.15 13:43

plebgate wrote:As the police are so strapped for cash, I think it would be a good gesture for the parents to give the remaining money in the Fund back to the taxpayers.

If the report is correct I think such a waste of resources has been scandalous and we did read that the Pt. police thought it was all a waste of time from the beginning and to be fair it was reported that the Met. police hadn't wanted to get involved in the first place.

I do wonder whether this news has anything to do with the awaited news from Portugal?
Indeed, but maybe, maybe the parents are now not so happy anymore with OG.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 18.03.15 13:43

NickE wrote:Gonçalo Amaral: "The English can always present the conclusions to which they themselves arrived in 2007. Because they know, they have the evidence of what happened - they don't need to investigate anything. All this is now a mere 'show off'
Worth repeating

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 18.03.15 13:46

jeanmonroe wrote:"snipped' from above 'post'

"Two detective sergeants and four detective constables have been 'lost' over the past year.........."

How very 'careless' OG are!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, presumeably OG are, now, desperately 'searching' for Madeleine, 2 DS's and 4 DC's?

Maybe they are all adopted by that loving couple.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 18.03.15 14:18

Tomorrow's Daily Star 'Front page'...................WORLD 'EXCLUSIFF'?

Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism - Page 2 Ballon10

"C'mon kiddies, 'donate' your drugs money 'profits', or else! When I is the big cheese at the MET, you'll find out, soon enough,  just how innocent the poor McCann's is, geddit?"

"Gizza your dosh! Cough up or 'coffin'"!

"NO money, from the McCann's, PRIVATE, registered PLC, the Madeleine appeal 'fund', will EVER go towards the costs of any investigation, concerning Madeleine, i'm in charge of, ever!"

"Never, never, NEVER!"
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 18.03.15 14:19

lj wrote:

"Two detective sergeants and four detective constables have been 'lost' over the past year.........."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, presumeably OG are, now, desperately 'searching' for Madeleine, 2 DS's and 4 DC's?

Ah, yes. That mystery 'soothing couple.'

Talking about 'couples,' I have always found it strange how Kate McCann told Yvonne Martin on the morning of the 4th May that 'a couple had taken her' (Madeleine).

How would Kate have known this unless she had actually seen 'a couple' taking flight with the child in their possession?

In my opinion, she was reacting to 'being seen' by a car driver (George Brooks) at 6am that morning. He reported seeing a couple, the man carrying a child at around 6am near to the marina. When he caught them in the headlights of his car, they darted up a side street, obviously to avoid being seen.

In Kate's bewk, she describes how her and Gerry went out to 'resume' searching at first light (around 6am).

You can draw your own conclusions from this. I have.
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 18.03.15 14:35

The source quoted in the story is John Tully, also mentioned in this Telegraph interview.  I'm sure there is absolutely no agenda in him saying that Grange is a waste of time, of course not! 
   I had thought that if there was a whitewash it woud be one where the investigation ground to a halt after years and the public being fed up with tax payer's money wasted. A case of problem - reaction -solution. They just needed to wait until the public get really bored of something that seemingly can't be solved (even by Scotland Yard) and that is percieved as too expensive, then the public support or  demand the investigation being closed.   Maybe he is attempting to further this along or maybe he is trying to distract from genuine findings by Grange, I don't know.

"
Freemasons in the police leading the attack on David Cameron's riot response

Leading police officers have set up a national Masonic lodge where they can meet in secret in defiance of fears about the influence of the secret society on the criminal justice system.

Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism - Page 2 Share-fb
Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism - Page 2 Share-tw
Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism - Page 2 Share-p
Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism - Page 2 Share-in
Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism - Page 2 Share-share
By Jason Lewis, Investigations Editor
9:00PM BST 20 Aug 2011

Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism - Page 2 Comments124 Comments

The founding members include senior officials from the Police Federation, the police staff association, which is currently fighting the Government over its plans to cut budgets.
Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism - Page 2 Tully_1976821f

The new Masonic lodge is led by John Tully, a Metropolitan Police officer, who has given numerous interviews in recent days accusing the Prime Minister of "fighting violence, arson and looting on our city streets with sound-bites".
Other founder members include officers from the Metropolitan Police, Essex Police, Thames Valley Police and from other forces including Northumbria, Dyfed Powys, South Wales, South Yorkshire and even a high ranking officer from the Royal Gibraltar Police.
The "Sine Favore" Lodge was opened despite the conclusions of a Parliamentary inquiry which warned of public fears that "Freemasonry can have an unhealthy influence on the criminal justice system".
The inquiry followed questions about masonic involvement in the abandonment of an investigation into a shoot-to-kill policy in Northern Ireland and with the West Midlands Serious Crime Squad, which was disbanded after evidence of police malpractice. "
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 18.03.15 14:45

Gaggzy wrote:
lj wrote:

Ah, yes. That mystery 'soothing couple.'

Talking about 'couples,' I have always found it strange how Kate McCann told Yvonne Martin on the morning of the 4th May that 'a couple had taken her' (Madeleine).

How would Kate have known this unless she had actually seen 'a couple' taking flight with the child in their possession?

In my opinion, she was reacting to 'being seen' by a car driver (George Brooks) at 6am that morning. He reported seeing a couple, the man carrying a child at around 6am near to the marina. When he caught them in the headlights of his car, they darted up a side street, obviously to avoid being seen.

In Kate's bewk, she describes how her and Gerry went out to 'resume' searching at first light (around 6am).

You can draw your own conclusions from this. I have.

Not forgetting, of course, that UNTIL DCI Mahogany 'moved, shifted, manipulated' the 'timeline' TO 'nearer' ten o'clock, K&G McCann had 'sworn' by their friend JT's 'sighting' @ 9:15/9:20pm, and their friend R O'B's 2 (TWO) 'hand written timelines' on the sticker book, as the time of 'abduction' and KM could not have 'seen' that, because she was sat, on her bum, at the tapas restaurant, at that 'time' (so we're 'told')
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 18.03.15 15:04

Back up North Now . after two events in London [ Neighbours 30th !! as well ] .Interesting its in the Star , I noted previously the exclusives are being divvied out between the titles , ie Express , Mirror etc . the fact that it is not reported anywhere else confirms it is bullsh** and a ploy to shape perception again .
The papers are really running scared re exclusives and turn overs , very edgy indeed . Scared of being post levison sued .

The Star will have sold more copies today . but nobody is being fooled any more , hence this new angle AGAIN PRE EMPTIVE ] of getting your point in first . I guess SY are announcing on Monday they are Going to spend big or pile over there again . this is a tool to blunt that request or statement in the publics eyes .
They know there is indifference in the general publics minds , all they need to do now is drill into people the cost and resourses being wasted .
There is always a reason .

PS thanks for quickly adding the report last night , we were in deep fog on the M1 near Coventry . that's as bad as life ever gets !!
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 18.03.15 16:02

Since Nicola Wall took over, as OG leader, there have been no leaks and no running commentary.
We hear, from the Portuguese news source only, and then the Express reporting that:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/564100/Madeleine-McCann-latest-Police-progress-crucial-summit-meeting-Portugal

BRITISH police have met with Portuguese prosecutors for a crucial summit meeting over the Madeleine McCann inquiry.

Scotland Yard detectives had detailed discussions with the Portuguese over the vital next steps in the multi-million pound probe.

It is understood to be the first time officers from Operation Grange have met officials in Lisbon since 11 key witnesses were re-interviewed in December.

Similar meetings are planned for the near future as the eighth anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance approaches.

The Metropolitan Police declined to comment on the latest summit. A spokesman said: “We are not providing a running commentary.”

Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry are given regular updates on progress of the investigation.

In their last public message, the couple, from Rothley, Leicestershire, said: “It’s very apparent that the determination of the Metropolitan Police remains steadfast.” (By the way this message from Mc Canns was made in Christmas 2014 on their blog , so only used for this article - not a direct quote for this article). 

Suddenly, after this meeting on Friday was reported, and also after several articles reporting Met office corruption and vows to get top the bottom of it (yesterday or the day before) , we get this
torrent of reporting complaining about money spent on this case.
So - we can see that they are at odds with each other - firstly we hear that there is a progress meeting involving the UK attorney General rep and then ' SY should wind down using money on the Mc Cann case'.

Completely at odds - what does that tell us? and what of the PJ investigation?? To me, it says that people are getting worried and trying to do whatever they can to get SY to back out of it. But if that was the case and that is what is intended, then why were SY attending a progress meeting only last Friday to which the UK Attorney General representative was invited?
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 18.03.15 16:06

If you think this is heading for whitewash, then why was the UK Attorney General rep invited to attend the meeting?

Why spend 10 Mill and make it a whitewash - rather spend 1 Mill and make it a whitewash...

I think that some people are getting very very worried now and will do anything they can to try and make this go away.
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 18.03.15 16:11

HelenMeg wrote:If you think this is heading for whitewash, then why was the UK Attorney General rep invited to attend the meeting?

Why spend 10 Mill and make it a whitewash - rather spend 1 Mill and make it a whitewash...

I think that some people are getting very very worried now and will do anything they can to try and make this go away.
Maybe Dulux have put there prices up !!.
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 18.03.15 16:17

HelenMeg wrote:If you think this is heading for whitewash, then why was the UK Attorney General rep invited to attend the meeting?

Concur totally.

But poor ol' Clarrie still going to have to answer 'awkward' questions, about his £28,000pa 'retainer' from Madeleine's 'fund', 'on the stump' in a few weeks time, isn't he?

TWO 'jobs' Clarrie!

Perhaps he can get Labour 'supporter' G McCann to 'sponsor' and 'doorstep' voters for his Conservative 'campaign'! laughat

jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by woodbine 18.03.15 16:19

Totally agree with Tony Bennett on this one:

I'm sorry, I've not changed my mind one iota. On the contrary, this is just what I expected: a series of helpful media stories. preparing the way for the 'final curtain': "We've done our best, we just couldn't find the mystery abductor"

There's nowhere to go. They do not appear in any way to be investigating the obvious. They've leaked various suspects to the media over the years hoping that one will catch on, and the best option now would be to say that "resources are needed elsewhere, sorry it's a mystery".

I'd be interested to know what one of the team do on a today-today basis regarding this case. First thing in the morning, coffee....and then...ummm.....is it lunch time yet?

"how about I investigate the parents Sarg?"

"Clear your desk laddie"
woodbine

Activity : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 18.03.15 16:24

woodbine wrote:Totally agree with Tony Bennett on this one:

I'm sorry, I've not changed my mind one iota. On the contrary, this is just what I expected: a series of helpful media stories. preparing the way for the 'final curtain': "We've done our best, we just couldn't find the mystery abductor"

There's nowhere to go. They do not appear in any way to be investigating the obvious. They've leaked various suspects to the media over the years hoping that one will catch on, and the best option now would be to say that "resources are needed elsewhere, sorry it's a mystery".

I'd be interested to know what one of the team do on a today-today basis regarding this case. First thing in the morning, coffee....and then...ummm.....is it lunch time yet?

"how about I investigate the parents Sarg?"

"Clear your desk laddie"
Have to Laugh big grin you are probably right - but I want to be optimistic

Interesting that after all this time - we still havea big divide between whitewash and non whitewash.. is it time for a poll
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by woodbine 18.03.15 16:37

As you can tell, I'm firmly in the whitewash camp
woodbine

Activity : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 18.03.15 16:45

http://portugalresident.com/british-police-ready-to-drop-maddie-probe-as-london-faces-increasing-terrorist-threat

Posted by portugalpress on March 18, 2015

British police ready to drop Maddie probe as London faces increasing terrorist threat

An exclusive news story in the UK today claims British police are “baffled” as to why they are being kept on the seemingly endless Maddie probe, and want ‘out’ so that they can concentrate on the increasing threat from terrorism ‘at home’. “It is time to re-focus on what we need to do to keep London safe,” the Met’s federation chairman John Tully told the Daily Star.

Newspapers have spared no space in criticising the “Operation Grange” inquiry set up in 2011, which has so far cost British taxpayers in excess of €12 million.

Not only have no solid leads transpired, officers working on the case have been barred from doing anything else.

Here, criticism has also centred on the fact that the Met “always turns up when the sun starts to shine”.

Thus today’s news will bring sighs of relief from holiday businesses that saw their start to last year’s season marred by battalions of police “digging for clues” at various sites around the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz, from which Madeleine McCann went missing almost eight years ago.

Elaborating on police discomfort over the ‘exclusivity’ forced upon them by the Madeleine inquiry, John Tully told the Daily Star: “The Met has long been seen as the last resort for investigations others have struggled with elsewhere.” But it has been hit by “£600 million of cuts”, he added. “We have closed 63 police stations across London. Another £800 million of cutbacks are anticipated over the next four years” - and meantime the Met is having to cope with “14 unconnected killings across the capital since Christmas while fighting the war on terror”. It is therefore “surprising to see an inquiry like the McCann investigation ringfenced”, he said.

Ringfenced here refers to the 31 officers assigned to it being prohibited from working on any other cases. “I have heard a few rumblings of discontent about it from lots of sources,” he told the paper. “When the force is facing a spike in murder investigations it is not surprising there is resentment of significant resources diverted to a case that has no apparent connection with London.”

How much truth is behind this latest “exclusive” about the long-running mystery remains to be seen. Portuguese media reported last week that the new head of Operation Grange, DCI Nicola Wall, visited Portuguese counterparts in Lisbon last week to “strengthen links” between the two forces. No mention was made of any plans to shelve the British side of the investigation.

natasha.donn@algarveresident
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here, criticism has also centred on the fact that the Met “always turns up when the sun starts to shine”.
---------------------------------------------------

'Corker'!, 'classic'!, Ranks right up there alongside, that other 'classic'............. 'Madeleine WAS abducted'!

That one 'observation' has made my year, so far!
---------------------------------------

I'm going to 'quote' that 'line' in as many 'posts' i can! laughat
-----------------------------------------------------------
Snr Popeye said "the Met, always turns up when the sun starts to shine"
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.03.15 17:11

Has everyone forgotten?

Roderick William Macdonald.

Front page of daily star: Police urged to shelve Maddie hunt as cops needed in UK to battle terrorism - Page 2 40820cbecfbae087434a37ea9dad3715f2e6ad6b_300x201
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 18.03.15 18:04

jeanmonroe wrote:http://portugalresident.com/british-police-ready-to-drop-maddie-probe-as-london-faces-increasing-terrorist-threat

Posted by portugalpress on March 18, 2015

British police ready to drop Maddie probe as London faces increasing terrorist threat

An exclusive news story in the UK today claims British police are “baffled” as to why they are being kept on the seemingly endless Maddie probe, and want ‘out’ so that they can concentrate on the increasing threat from terrorism ‘at home’. “It is time to re-focus on what we need to do to keep London safe,” the Met’s federation chairman John Tully told the Daily Star.

Newspapers have spared no space in criticising the “Operation Grange” inquiry set up in 2011, which has so far cost British taxpayers in excess of €12 million.

Not only have no solid leads transpired, officers working on the case have been barred from doing anything else.

Thus today’s news will bring sighs of relief from holiday businesses that saw their start to last year’s season marred by battalions of police “digging for clues” at various sites around the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz, from which Madeleine McCann went missing almost eight years ago.

Elaborating on police discomfort over the ‘exclusivity’ forced upon them by the Madeleine inquiry, John Tully told the Daily Star: “The Met has long been seen as the last resort for investigations others have struggled with elsewhere.” But it has been hit by “£600 million of cuts”, he added. “We have closed 63 police stations across London. Another £800 million of cutbacks are anticipated over the next four years” - and meantime the Met is having to cope with “14 unconnected killings across the capital since Christmas while fighting the war on terror”. It is therefore “surprising to see an inquiry like the McCann investigation ringfenced”, he said.

Ringfenced here refers to the 31 officers assigned to it being prohibited from working on any other cases. “I have heard a few rumblings of discontent about it from lots of sources,” he told the paper. “When the force is facing a spike in murder investigations it is not surprising there is resentment of significant resources diverted to a case that has no apparent connection with London.”

How much truth is behind this latest “exclusive” about the long-running mystery remains to be seen. Portuguese media reported last week that the new head of Operation Grange, DCI Nicola Wall, visited Portuguese counterparts in Lisbon last week to “strengthen links” between the two forces. No mention was made of any plans to shelve the British side of the investigation.

natasha.donn@algarveresident
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------

'Corker'!, 'classic'!, Ranks right up there alongside, that other 'classic'............. 'Madeleine WAS abducted'!

That one 'observation' has made my year, so far!
---------------------------------------

I'm going to 'quote' that 'line' in as many 'posts' i can! laughat
-----------------------------------------------------------
Snr Popeye said "the Met, always turns up when the sun starts to shine"

Maybe tha's why they keep on going to Portugal: to see the sun start to shine (in many ways)!

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum