The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"Meeting on the Maddie case between British police and Portuguese authorities" - Page 3 Mm11

"Meeting on the Maddie case between British police and Portuguese authorities" - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"Meeting on the Maddie case between British police and Portuguese authorities" - Page 3 Mm11

"Meeting on the Maddie case between British police and Portuguese authorities" - Page 3 Regist10

"Meeting on the Maddie case between British police and Portuguese authorities"

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Meeting on the Maddie case between British police and Portuguese authorities" - Page 3 Empty Re: "Meeting on the Maddie case between British police and Portuguese authorities"

Post by Smokeandmirrors 16.03.15 8:51

fz2 wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:fz2 wrote:

"Anyone with English literacy would understand why I used inverted commas in that post."
================================================

I don't 'understand' (soz)    no  sad1

I'm just a 'thick' (soz again) bitch!  daft1

Your interpritation of yourself.
fz2 - mind your manners or you'll be shown the door

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

"Meeting on the Maddie case between British police and Portuguese authorities" - Page 3 Empty Re: "Meeting on the Maddie case between British police and Portuguese authorities"

Post by aiyoyo 16.03.15 8:59

stillsloppingout wrote:It would appear to be the case . but nothing would surprize me anymore .
The problem as has been alluded to , if they conclude a whitewash , what happens if , a body turns up ?, irrefutable evidence turns up? . a Tapas gang member goes mad and shouts from the roof tops .? .

Nearly everybody I talk to thinks they are involved now in some way , simply because as has been pointed out to me , there is no proof that they did NOT do it . Logical really .

Hypothethically speaking if the MET Police are planning a white wash, the pertinent question must surely be how do they hope to get Portuguese Magistrate and District Attorney General etc to cooperate with them to conclude a white wash?  More importantly why would the Portuguese high judiciary officials go along with them?  
What's in it for them to help the MET Police cover up?  From whose order?

Between government to government level, ie PM to PM, without the fanfare of an expensive and portracted investigation /search, and without involving all these high level judiciary officals then maybe we talking a do-able cover up (probably).
Otherwise I can't grasp how it can be a do-able white wash when they involved so many people at different hierarchy levels.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 16.03.15 9:21

There are so many variations possible regarding a whitewash, surely...

Given the political interference, possible help from ex-pats, Ocean Club guests, TAPAS 9 you could have a whitewash on many levels. For instance if you just blamed everything on TAPAS 9 - that would still be a whitewash, as the help possibly given by government members / guests / VIPS / ex pats would be whitewashed over. 

I bet at some level there will be a whitewash, but I also think that the whitewash wont extend to cover the
TAPAS 9
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by G-Unit 16.03.15 9:35

aiyoya wrote:Hypothethically speaking if the MET Police are planning a white wash, the pertinent question must surely be how do they hope to get Portuguese Magistrate and District Attorney General etc to cooperate with them to conclude a white wash?  More importantly why would the Portuguese high judiciary officials go along with them?  
What's in it for them to help the MET Police cover up?  From whose order?

Between government to government level, ie PM to PM, without the fanfare of an expensive and portracted investigation /search, and without involving all these high level judiciary officals then maybe we talking a do-able cover up (probably).
Otherwise I can't grasp how it can be a do-able white wash when they involved so many people at different hierarchy levels.
Good point. I can't see them agreeing either unless huge pressure is brought to bear, and they are the lead team, not the Met. After the bad press they had in the UK I can't see them being prepared to accept anything SY come up with unless they think it's watertight. Also, as I said, previously, it could be them who have new evidence and who called the meeting to inform the others what they want to do about it. 

The Met are aware of all the skeptics too, not just in the UK but worldwide. Very difficult for them to come up with a story which doesn't make them look foolish (like crecheman heading towards the creche rather than away from it, meaning he had taken his scantily clad daughter for a long walk on a cold night - Jane Tanner should have been able to hear her teeth chattering imo).
G-Unit
G-Unit

Activity : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 16.03.15 10:02

It seems there is some concensus that this meeting is an indication of 'encouraging' progress.
What I find most encouraging is that nothing is being leaked.

Whitewashing tends to involve much leaking to shape public perception.
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 16.03.15 10:33

Maybe, new information has come to light.?

G Brown's mate, Socrates, chirping like a canary?

GB, UK AND a Madeleine 'secret' will not take precedence over saving his own skin, believe me.

All, imo.

@G-Unit

(like crecheman heading towards the creche rather than away from it, meaning he had taken his scantily clad daughter for a long walk on a cold night - Jane Tanner should have been able to hear her teeth chattering imo).

NO she couldn't!

Not over the deafening 'clip clodding' of her flipping flopping flip flops, on the cobbled path, she was walking on, after she 'knew', just knew, GM had, 'DONE his check' and was on his way BACK to the tapas restaurant, although she never saw him going INTO his apartment, to 'check', on such a 'still, silent, chilly' night, with no traffic moving, in an area where 'nothing' had ever happened, BEFORE! winkwink
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by G-Unit 16.03.15 11:11

Neither did Gerry and Jeremy who didn't hear or see anything! No wonder none of them noticed the shady characters in Praia da Luz filming, photographing and watching on every street corner.
G-Unit
G-Unit

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 16.03.15 11:14

HelenMeg wrote:

If the Mcs are kept informed regularly as we are told by newspaper reports .... they haven't leaked anything to shape public perception .....not for a while ...not since DCI Wall took over....hmmm....could this be a good sign (of impending doom to them) ?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 16.03.15 11:15

Fiona, David, Rachel, Matt, Jane have had 8 long years to tell the truth. They have had 8 years in which to review their nauseatingly awful rog statements and decide instead to tell the truth about what they knew..they have chosen not to and instead there has been an investigation costing us all £10 mill... 
what doe this say about them and their principles and their characters?

Apologies - not relevant to thread title really ...
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 16.03.15 11:17

aiyoyo wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:

If the Mcs are kept informed regularly as we are told by newspaper reports .... they haven't leaked anything to shape public perception .....not for a while ...not since DCI Wall took over....hmmm....could this be a good sign (of impending doom to them) ?
All we can do is hope!!
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

"Meeting on the Maddie case between British police and Portuguese authorities" - Page 3 Empty Meeting in Portugal

Post by G-Unit 16.03.15 11:24

HelenMeg wrote:It seems there is some concensus that this meeting is an indication of 'encouraging' progress.
What I find most encouraging is that nothing is being leaked.

As we know nothing we can speculate either way. The PJ made it very plain they would tolerate no leaks this time. I think they leaked last time in self-defense because the UK police leaked and the UK media (fed by the McCann's spin doctors) attacked them so savagely. They are very much in control this time IMO. SY must be aware that whatever they come up with it may be released by the Portugese at the end of this process also, so it has to be good.

By the way, there was a rumour on twitter that David and Fiona Payne are moving to New Zealand. Has it been mentioned on here? I have seen something myself on FB which suggests they are thinking of it, but it's gone now.
G-Unit
G-Unit

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 16.03.15 11:34

Yes I saw something on Twitter so went to have a look at the  actual FB page - but when I read it I found that the remark had been blown out of context .

They (The Payne couple) had clearly been on a long hol to NZ and there was a remark from JT, to which FP replied hinting that they might just start looking at houses or something (but very tongue in cheek - as you do).  To then start a rumour that they are moving to NZ was highly over the top ...

But, the fact that they were publicly making comments on FB after never having done so previously was a little provocative. Almost like they wanted it to be discussed on Twitter etc, rather than something else.
Or perhaps they were testing the water - to see if people cared or would notice. Who knows..
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 16.03.15 11:41

jeanmonroe wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/564100/Madeleine-McCann-latest-Police-progress-crucial-summit-meeting-Portugal

Madeleine McCann inquiry: Police make progress at crucial summit meeting with Portuguese

BRITISH police have met with Portuguese prosecutors for a crucial summit meeting over the Madeleine McCann inquiry.

Published: 12:33, Sun, March 15, 2015

By John Twomey

Scotland Yard detectives had detailed discussions with the Portuguese over the vital next steps in the multi-million pound probe.

It is understood to be the first time officers from Operation Grange have met officials in Lisbon since 11 key witnesses were re-interviewed in December.

Similar meetings are planned for the near future as the eighth anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance approaches.

The Metropolitan Police declined to comment on the latest summit. A spokesman said: “We are not providing a running commentary.”

Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry are given regular updates on progress of the investigation.

In their last public message, the couple, from Rothley, Leicestershire, said: “It’s very apparent that the determination of the Metropolitan Police remains steadfast.”

Operation Grange was set up in 2011 after the McCanns appealed directly to Prime Minister David Cameron and Home Secretary Theresa May.

So far, it was cost around £10 million.

Madeleine was three when she vanished from the family’s holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on the Algarve in May 2007.

Former GP Mrs McCann and her heart doctor husband, both 46, have never given up hope that their daughter is still alive.

NOTE:
Express excluded CPS and the British Ambassador in their article.

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 16.03.15 12:03

NickE wrote:NOTE:
Express excluded CPS and the British Ambassador in their article.

The inclusion of CPS and British Ambassadar in the meeting with Portugal's prosecutor can only mean the perp/s under study to be taken to court must be of UK citizens. Otherwise there is no sense to involve UK CPS and BA.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 16.03.15 12:17

Was it the UK rep of Attorney General and British Ambassador who attended? or CPS

Just to confirm I think it was a rep of the UK Attorney General
Responsibilities
The Attorney General is chief legal adviser to the Crown and has a number of independent public interest functions, as well as overseeing the Law Officers’ departments. These are:

• the Crown Prosecution Service
  • the Serious Fraud Office
  • Her Majesty’s Crown Prosecution Service Inspectorate

Other responsibilities include:

• acting as principal legal adviser on questions of EU and international law, human rights and devolution issues
  • referring unduly lenient sentences to the Court of Appeal
  • bringing proceedings for contempt of court
  • intervening in certain proceedings to protect charities
  • dealing with questions of law arising on government Bills
  • legal aspects of all major international and domestic litigation involving the government
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 16.03.15 12:31

Just 'notiiced'.............DUH me!

It is understood to be the first time officers from Operation Grange have met officials in Lisbon since 11 key witnesses were re-interviewed in December.
----------------------------------

re-interviewed KEY 'witnesses' to WHAT?........., 'exactly'?
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 16.03.15 12:33

jeanmonroe wrote:Just 'notiiced'.............DUH me!

KEY 'witnesses' to WHAT, 'exactly'?
witnesses to 'goings on...'?
witnesses to 'nothing'
witnesses to a 'charade'?
witnesses to 'lies of hug proportions'?
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 16.03.15 12:44

HelenMeg wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:Just 'notiiced'.............DUH me!

KEY 'witnesses' to WHAT, 'exactly'?
witnesses to 'goings on...'?
witnesses to 'nothing'
witnesses to a 'charade'?
witnesses to 'lies of hug proportions'?

I don't believe, the, real life, female 'witness', who phoned Madeleine's Godfather, JC, in UK, at 3 am, 4/05/2007, and told him 5 HOURS 'after' the 'event' and i quote: "She just blurted out that Madeleine had been abducted. She told me, 'They have broken the shutter on the window and taken my little girl.'"They had left the apartment LOCKED while they were having their meal, but when they went back the last time they SAW THE DAMAGE." "Kate said the shutters of the room were smashed, he said." unquote

The same 'witness' who stated that 'the shutter was SMASHED/DAMAGED' when she knew the shutter was totally, perfectly, 'intact', her husband and her 'friends' having 'tested it', at just after 10pm, 3/05/2007, has been 're-interviewed' by DCI Wall.?

istbc.

I don't believe the real life male 'witness' who phoned Madeleine's grandfather, in the UK, and told him, and i quote ""Gerry told me when they went back the shutters to the room were broken, they were jemmied up and she was gone," said Mr Healy. unquote, has been 're-interviewed' by DCI Wall.?

istbc, again.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 16.03.15 14:14

HelenMeg wrote:
The Attorney General is chief legal adviser to the Crown and has a number of independent public interest functions, as well as overseeing the Law Officers’ departments.  

That says is all.  
The Director of CPS, Alison Sauders, was in Portugal priorly.
Now the AG, chief legal adviser to the CPS, has also been dragged into this process, it can only mean AG is assessing prosecutability of the case for advice to Prosecutor (CPS) accordingly.

Far as I know Police takes their case to the AG, for  the AG to ascertain if the strength of evidence is sufficient for prosecution and realistic prospect of conviction.

The AG must satisy himself/herself that police case/evidence has a realistic prospect of conviction, then it is within the AG's purview to take it to the CPS.   The Prosecutor @ CPS on their part, must also be satisfied that there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction, and also that it is in the public interest to prosecute the case.  Unless both of those tests are passed, the CPS will not prosecute the case. 

If I am not wrong, the AG is the liaison between the Police and the Crown.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.03.15 14:38

I think it was a representative of the Attorney General who attended.  The AG is a political appointment currently held by Jeremy Wright, MP.  
It's the CPS which makes decisions on whether to prosecute.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/about/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attorney_general#United_Kingdom
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 16.03.15 14:55

You're right - it's the representative of AG that attended. It is still significant though.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 16.03.15 14:57

jeanmonroe wrote:Maybe, new information has come to light.?

G Brown's mate, Socrates, chirping like a canary?

GB, UK AND a Madeleine 'secret' will not take precedence over saving his own skin, believe me.

All, imo.

@G-Unit

(like crecheman heading towards the creche rather than away from it, meaning he had taken his scantily clad daughter for a long walk on a cold night - Jane Tanner should have been able to hear her teeth chattering imo).

NO she couldn't!

Not over the deafening 'clip clodding' of her flipping flopping flip flops, on the cobbled path, she was walking on, after she 'knew', just knew, GM had, 'DONE his check' and was on his way BACK to the tapas restaurant, although she never saw him going INTO his apartment, to 'check', on such a 'still, silent, chilly' night, with no traffic moving, in an area where 'nothing' had ever happened, BEFORE! winkwink

I forgot about Socrates. No doubt he has some interesting info if he wants to talk. No doubt he will talk if that helps him.

Hmm, for the first time I see a glimmer, but just a glimmer, of hope.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 16.03.15 23:44

As G-Unit has rightly questioned, and if the translation is correct in suggesting that someone from the U.K. Attorney-General's Department AND the British Ambassador (and the MET's OG, DCI Wall) were present at this meeting, it is clearly significant.

But in what way?
------------------------------------------------------

FWIW, in my 'opinion'

I believe, now, this was a 'phishing' exercise.

The Met, and UK 'authorities' still don't 'know' WHAT the PJ possibly 'have' (imo)

And they, the UK 'side', NEED to KNOW, HAVE to KNOW, in case anything might come back, be revealed, to bite them on their bums and blow their possible 'result/conclusion/closure' of their £11+ million 'investigation' out of the water.

All, imo.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum